PS4 Brick Hack Message Going Around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XvampbenjiiX666
Set your message preferences to "Friends Only" or "None at All". Random people are sending messages that brick PS4's. Be careful gaming out there.

Smasandian
From what I heard it's not bricking it completely. I think you can reset the console. Annoying as **** but at least its not being bricked.

Stilll... this is ****ed up.

cdtm
I heard it's from an update.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're testing to see if they can brick consoles on purpose, before the next gen kicks in, forcing people to trade up. Same principle as Apple purposely reducing the performance of older iPhones, to sell more new phones (Of course they'll claim they were simply extending battery life out of older hardware. Making an effort to allow users to refrain from replacing their phones makes perfect business sense.)

Tzeentch
This doesn't effect me because I turn on my PS4 once a month.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Tzeentch
This doesn't effect me because I turn on my PS4 once a month. Is bloodborne good?

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by Smasandian
From what I heard it's not bricking it completely. I think you can reset the console. Annoying as **** but at least its not being bricked.

Agreed, it is f*cked up. Can't have anything nice these days.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian

supposedly the best way to get rid of the message is by logging into the PSN account online from a browser or some PS app.

Khazra Reborn
Heard about this, I'm not turning on my PS4 until Sony has an update that fixes it, I don't need the headache. I've been on a Gears of War kick for whatever reason the last few weeks, anyways.

cdtm
Never an issue with my PS2. thumb up

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Heard about this, I'm not turning on my PS4 until Sony has an update that fixes it, I don't need the headache. I've been on a Gears of War kick for whatever reason the last few weeks, anyways.

All you have to do is Set your message preferences to "Friends Only" or "None at All"

not that hard to do.

Nemesis X
It's been fixed.

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/2459583/the-ps4-message-bug-has-apparently-been-fixed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.