Donald Trumps Dad was arrested marching with the KKK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
On Memorial Day in 1927, the Ku Klux Klan marched in Queens to protest Protestant American citizens being "assaulted by Roman Catholic police of New York City. Fred was arrested "on a charge of refusing to disperse from a parade when ordered to do so," and the only one of seven men dismissed without charges. All seven arrested were referred to as "berobed marchers" in the Long Island Daily Press. A Vice article noted that if any of the attendees weren't "dressed in a robe at the time, that may have been a reporting error worth correcting." When asked about the issue in September 2015, Donald Trump, then a candidate for President of the United States, denied that his father had ever been arrested.

samhain
Is it true that the protest was about Protestants getting kicked by Catholic coppers? If so, seems an unusually worthwhile cause for the KKK to fight for. The 'berobed' bit is particularly condemning for Trump the Elder. To defend Trump the Younger for once though, he may genuinely not know about it. If my father was ever arrested before I was born, I doubt he'd tell me.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
On Memorial Day in 1927, the Ku Klux Klan marched in Queens to protest Protestant American citizens being "assaulted by Roman Catholic police of New York City. Fred was arrested "on a charge of refusing to disperse from a parade when ordered to do so," and the only one of seven men dismissed without charges. All seven arrested were referred to as "berobed marchers" in the Long Island Daily Press. A Vice article noted that if any of the attendees weren't "dressed in a robe at the time, that may have been a reporting error worth correcting." When asked about the issue in September 2015, Donald Trump, then a candidate for President of the United States, denied that his father had ever been arrested.

My grandfather, RIP, said the n-word a few times when I was around him. Luckily, my mother taught me better manners and did not want me to talk like my grandfather.

In my grandfather's generation, it was not just acceptable to be racist against black people. It was negative to be supportive and accepting of "colored folk." Wanting civil equality for black people in the 20s was considered bad. "N***** lover" was a label given to you. And that was bad.

To the article, definitely a different time. And you honestly and correctly mentioned that he wasn't clothed in Klan garb.

I've taken the position since 2015 that Trump is racist and sexist. I'm still correct about him. His father taught him well.

I do not believe in open borders and think that idea is absolutely retarded. Until the concept of money goes away and/or we create Star Trek-esque replicators, open borders is one of the most retarded ideas leftards have ever come up with.

SquallX

Deadline
This should be interesting.

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Awful.

Emperordmb
Sad!

Surtur

dadudemon

Surtur
Lol so did Trump actually say the lazy black comment or is that from someone claiming he said it?

If he said it(as opposed to someone claiming he said it) democrats are dumb as f*ck. Too stupid for words. Cuz that shit should have been shouted from the rooftops during the 2016 election and they didn't do it.

Surtur

Surtur
"In 1989, Trump took out ads in New York newspapers urging the death penalty for five black and Latino teenagers accused of raping a white woman in Central Park; he argued they were guilty as late as October 2016, more than 10 years after DNA evidence had exonerated them."

^I stopped reading after this. This isn't necessarily racism, the article is misleading to imply it is definitely racism at work. So I don't have much faith in the rest of the shit they're gonna spew.

Maybe there is more context, maybe he said "they need to die cuz they are black" but the article didn't share such context.

dadudemon

Surtur

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
"In 1989, Trump took out ads in New York newspapers urging the death penalty for five black and Latino teenagers accused of raping a white woman in Central Park; he argued they were guilty as late as October 2016, more than 10 years after DNA evidence had exonerated them."

^I stopped reading after this. This isn't necessarily racism, the article is misleading to imply it is definitely racism at work. So I don't have much faith in the rest of the shit they're gonna spew.

Maybe there is more context, maybe he said "they need to die cuz they are black" but the article didn't share such context.

Some elements are up for debate. It's up to the reader to determine if Trump was racially motivated on some of those. Others? No, not even close. In context with his track record? Yeah, pretty much all of that is evidence of his racism with no room for debate.

If one of those was taken in a microcosm, you'd have a reason to consider it not being racist. But in context with all his other shenanigans, he cannot be given the benefit of the doubt while also pretending to be honest about your assessment of Trump's racism.

Surtur

dadudemon
"Probably true" isn't actually evidence of racism though.

And that isn't the only one I picked out.

Right, you picked out 2. And then claimed to stop reading. Your fault. You can easily google search more of these things for yourself but stick to just one article. That's your choice, not mine. smile

dadudemon

quanchi112
Originally posted by dadudemon
Right, you picked out 2. And then claimed to stop reading. Your fault. You can easily google search more of these things for yourself but stick to just one article. That's your choice, not mine. smile Owned him. I approve.

Surtur

Surtur
Agree

Disagree

Agree

Taken in context of his racism, all of it is racist. Every last bit.

What race are muslims?

samhain
I'm sure I could find 3 Adolf Hitler quotes that aren't racist or antisemitic though.

Surtur
Originally posted by samhain
I'm sure I could find 3 Adolf Hitler quotes that aren't racist or antisemitic though.

Yes, and? This is an article specifically listing racism and there are numerous examples of things that aren't racist.

Deadline
Did somebody bring up MS-13 to try and prove Trump is racist?

Surtur
Originally posted by Deadline
Did somebody bring up MS-13 to try and prove Trump is racist?

Yep and apparently muslims are now a race too.

samhain
Yes, and? This is an article specifically listing racism and there are numerous examples of things that aren't racist.

Fair enough, didn't read the article. The rule is generally though, if you continually find yourself having to prove you're not a racist, you're probably a racist.

Surtur
Fair enough, didn't read the article. The rule is generally though, if you continually find yourself having to prove you're not a racist, you're probably a racist.

Right, I have another rule: if someone is truly racist a person doesn't need to be a little weasel and make shit up about them that isn't racist at all.

Yet the New York Times felt the need to do so. But don't you DARE call them fake news.

Deadline

Unless people are trying to use it as a tactic to smear you.

Surtur
Unless people are trying to use it as a tactic to smear you.

Indeed, if we go by the logic presented it means Ben Shapiro is a nazi. After all...SJW's are always calling him one and he's had to explain why this isn't true on more than one occasion.

Deadline
Indeed, if we go by the logic presented it means Ben Shapiro is a nazi. After all...SJW's are always calling him one and he's had to explain why this isn't true on more than one occasion.

I don't like Ben Shapiro but he ain't a nazi.

quanchi112
I'm sure I could find 3 Adolf Hitler quotes that aren't racist or antisemitic though. Surtur truly believes he had a legitimate point. This is why trying to reason with someone of so little intelligence is futile. His brain is closed for business.

samhain
Right, I have another rule: if someone is truly racist a person doesn't need to be a little weasel and make shit up about them that isn't racist at all.

Yet the New York Times felt the need to do so. But don't you DARE call them fake news.

Agreed, you shouldn't. Do you honestly believe Trump isn't a racist? And don't give us this 'I need proof, there is no proof' malarky. What's your instinct about the man.

Deadline
Agreed, you shouldn't. Do you honestly believe Trump isn't a racist? And don't give us this 'I need proof, there is no proof' malarky. What's your instinct about the man.

You make it sound like it's obvious.

Surtur

I believe some stuff in the article could be seen as racist.

I think it hurts their argument when they lump in shit that isn't racist with racism.

Surtur
I don't like Ben Shapiro but he ain't a nazi.

Yes but unhinged leftists feel otherwise. Even blamed him for the recent shooting at a synagogue lol. That type of lunacy is on par with "Trump is complicit in this hurricane!".

quanchi112
You make it sound like it's obvious. laughing out loud

Surtur
My advice to the left is if you're gonna continue to cry about racism then make sure what you're crying about is actually racist. Trump saying a mean thing about someone who happens to be a minority isn't racism.

Cuz when it's not racist, but people open their mouth and say it is anyways? It just causes people to dismiss *actual* racism. I'm genuinely at a loss as to why the left has not learned this lesson yet.

samhain
I am aware that the press goes above and beyond at times with Trump, I'm not a TDS denier, I know it exists. Using your judgment and experience though, given his background and lifestyle (even his generation if you want), do you doubt that he's ever said disparaging things about black or Asians, etc? Practically every rich, white guy Trumps age is a racist, even if they or others consider it to be racism-lite. Can almost guarantee the Clintons and the Bush family a massive racist f***s as well.

Surtur
I am aware that the press goes above and beyond at times with Trump, I'm not a TDS denier, I know it exists. Using your judgment and experience though, given his background and lifestyle (even his generation if you want), do you doubt that he's ever said disparaging things about black or Asians, etc? Practically every rich, white guy Trumps age is a racist, even if they or others consider it to be racism-lite. Can almost guarantee the Clintons and the Bush family a massive racist f***s as well.

I don't doubt he's uttered some of this stuff before, but people need to go with...the stuff he uttered. Not "well an ex employee said it". That's garbage lol.

What percentage of americans in this country do you think can truly say they never once uttered something racist or bigoted?

dadudemon
What race are muslims?

For Donald Trump and everyone like him: Arabs.

Surtur
I still don't even get how muslims are a race or how the travel ban is racist. Since no the excuse of "most muslims are of a certain race" doesn't fly in determining that's racist. Not unless Trump said "Well white muslims from those countries can come here".

And if he did? Link me to it, thanks in advance to whoever does!

Surtur
Oh and also someone needs to explain why Obama isn't racist too since the countries Trump banned were taken straight from a list made by Obama's admin. Thanks in advance and no "Trumps comments about muslims are why" isn't enough.

samhain
I don't doubt he's uttered some of this stuff before, but people need to go with...the stuff he uttered. Not "well an ex employee said it". That's garbage lol.

What percentage of americans in this country do you think can truly say they never once uttered something racist or bigoted?

Wouldn't say it was garbage, it's just that it could quite easily be a lie.

17%. In all seriousness though, shouldn't we hold our world leaders to a higher standard than we might Billy-Bob the truck driver?

Deadline
Oh and also someone needs to explain why Obama isn't racist too since the countries Trump banned were taken straight from a list made by Obama's admin. Thanks in advance and no "Trumps comments about muslims are why" isn't enough.

Beat me to it.

Deadline

17%. In all seriousness though, shouldn't we hold our world leaders to a higher standard than we might Billy-Bob the truck driver?

Not an impossible standard. I suspect almost everybody has said something racist at least once in their lifetime.

quanchi112
Not an impossible standard. I suspect almost everybody has said something racist at least once in their lifetime. laughing out loud

Surtur

It's garbage for a newspaper to print it IMO.

Sure, hold leaders to a higher standard. Yet just cuz someone has a more important job than the average citizen does not mean it's okay to whine over their behavior and yet behave the same way.

"Don't cry about racism and bigotry if you can't practice what you preach" should not be some controversial notion.

quanchi112
It's garbage for a newspaper to print it IMO.

Sure, hold leaders to a higher standard. Yet just cuz someone has a more important job than the average citizen does not mean it's okay to whine over their behavior and yet behave the same way.

"Don't cry about racism and bigotry if you can't practice what you preach" should not be some controversial notion. You are saying it is garbage for them to print it when Trump rambles off countless lies on his twitter feed.

snowdragon

Let's fact check this:

7 Nations Identified Under Obama

That was fun.

samhain
Yet just cuz someone has a more important job than the average citizen does not mean it's okay to whine over their behavior and yet behave the same way.

I understand what you're saying but we're not talking about bank managers here, it's the POTUS.

dadudemon
I still don't even get how muslims are a race or how the travel ban is racist.

Me either but that's how people like Trump think. He wanted a Muslim ban, remember? But he forgot that there are hundreds of millions of Muslims that are not Arab. smile

And Arab isn't a race, either.

Deadline
People get angry and they say stupid things. Everybody does that, saying a racist statement is a stupid statement.

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
Let's fact check this:

7 Nations Identified Under Obama

That was fun.

Bingo, and now he's racist.

samhain
There are a lot of Persian Muslims too.

Surtur
Me either but that's how people like Trump think. He wanted a Muslim ban, remember? But he forgot that there are hundreds of millions of Muslims that are not Arab. smile

And Arab isn't a race, either.

He wanted a muslim ban, not a "only colored muslims" ban. So...failing to see the racism.

dadudemon

"All Muslims" isn't the same as 7 countries, though. I've already made this defense for you. And I did it very well.

Trump lost all credibility when he said "all Muslims" though. Then my defense went out the window and I had to concede that it was just Trump being a racist shithead again.

Didja forget this argument? Robtard and co. argued with me for pages, remember?

Deadline
Me either but that's how people like Trump think.

You keep stating that without proof.

quanchi112
People get angry and they say stupid things. Everybody does that, saying a racist statement is a stupid statement. Trump does this all the time but you excuse him. Telling.

Surtur
I understand what you're saying but we're not talking about bank managers here, it's the POTUS.

Why should the fact he's president mean grown adults should not practice what they preach?

snowdragon
Bingo, and now he's racist.

Just because Obama had this list previously doesn't recuse Trump from being racist, just that this particular piece was set up by the previous administration.

dadudemon
He wanted a muslim ban, not a "only colored muslims" ban. So...failing to see the racism.

He wanted an Arab Muslims ban because he conveniently forgot about the hundreds of millions of non-Arab Muslims.

But if you'd like to prove yourself right, please post a legit quote from Trump where he clarifies which Muslims in his "All Muslims" statement.

Edit - Second time I've asked. I'll help you: no such quote exists. You cannot prove this. Trump is "racist" against Arabs. And he doesn't cover up this fact.

Surtur
"All Muslims" isn't the same as 7 countries, though. I've already made this defense for you. And I did it very well.

Trump lost all credibility when he said "all Muslims" though. Then my defense went out the window and I had to concede that it was just Trump being a racist shithead again.

Didja forget this argument? Robtard and co. argued with me for pages, remember?

If he wanted all muslims he'd have banned travel from every single country with muslims.

Did he?

"All muslims" would include white muslims. So hes' racist against whites as well, correctamundo?

quanchi112
Surtur is getting called out. Put up or shut up, surt.

Deadline
Originally posted by quanchi112
Trump does this all the time but you excuse him. Telling.

He doesn't and if you said racist things all the time that would make you racist. Not if you said it 100 years ago when you had a very bad day.

dadudemon
If he wanted all muslims he'd have banned travel from every single country with muslims.

Did he?

If he wanted to ban all Muslims, he would have said he wanted to ban all Muslims. Did he?

samhain
Why should the fact he's president mean grown adults should not practice what they preach?

It doesn't, why does the fact that people say racist things allow the person in the highest office in the land to do the same?

quanchi112
He doesn't and if you said racist things all the time that would make you racist. Not if you said it 100 years ago when you had a very bad day. He gets angry and says crazy shit all the time. Lies, makes ridiculous antagonistic statements accusing people of crimes, etc. without a shred of proof. The guy is a train wreck of emotions you excuse making sycophant.

Surtur
He wanted an Arab Muslims ban because he conveniently forgot about the hundreds of millions of non-Arab Muslims.

But if you'd like to prove yourself right, please post a legit quote from Trump where he clarifies which Muslims in his "All Muslims" statement.

Edit - Second time I've asked. I'll help you: no such quote exists. You cannot prove this. Trump is "racist" against Arabs. And he doesn't cover up this fact.

Quote me him saying he wants only arab muslims banned.

Surtur
It doesn't, why does the fact that people say racist things allow the person in the highest office in the land to do the same?

Doesn't allow it. And likewise just because he's president does not(and should not) prevent us from pointing out the hypocrisy in some of those whining over him. "He's president" doesn't make someones hypocrisy more acceptable.

Surtur
If he wanted to ban all Muslims, he would have said he wanted to ban all Muslims. Did he?

We're going around in circles. Post proof of him singling out only arabs. I have never heard him quoted as specifying only certain kinds of muslims, never. If you're going to claim he did the burden of proof is on you.

samhain
Doesn't allow it. And likewise just because he's president does not(and should not) prevent us from pointing out the hypocrisy in some of those whining over him. "He's president" doesn't make someones hypocrisy more acceptable.

You're right, we shouldn't tolerate hypocrisy but you're acting like the hypocrisy is the most important/worse thing.

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
Just because Obama had this list previously doesn't recuse Trump from being racist, just that this particular piece was set up by the previous administration.

It means for *this specific thing* it's not racism.

Surtur
You're right, we shouldn't tolerate hypocrisy but you're acting like the hypocrisy is the most important/worse thing.

It's not the worst, but we end up getting into discussions about it when people try to pull the "well he's president" argument.

Instead it should be "yes, these people are hypocrites". Then it would be the end of it.

quanchi112
It's not the worst, but we end up getting into discussions about it when people try to pull the "well he's president" argument.

Instead it should be "yes, these people are hypocrites". Then it would be the end of it. So you believe the president should not be held to a higher standard?

Deadline
I'm still waiting for proof he's racist. Just see a lot of talking here.

Surtur
And I think some with Trump Derangement Syndrome have this very very faulty logic running through their brains...and that logic is that if they acknowledge a criticism against someone on the left as legitimate it somehow diminishes anything they are saying about Trump.

Kinda reminds me of how some of them can't say anything positive about Trump without throwing in an insult as well.

quanchi112
I'm still waiting for proof he's racist. Just see a lot of talking here. Why would I bother providing proof to someone as close minded as yourself?

Robtard
People actually trying to defend Trump's racism. Where's the payout for you?

Deadline
Did somebody say something? confused

samhain
Did somebody say something? confused

Something racist? Probably.

quanchi112
Did somebody say something? confused Why would I search for evidence for you to make excuses for.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
People actually trying to defend Trump's racism. Where's the payout for you?

No, people are pointing out not everything the NYT said was racist was actually racist. Keep up.

quanchi112
No, people are pointing out not everything the NYT said was racist was actually racist. Keep up. Iyo not theirs, nitwit.

Robtard
No, people are pointing out not everything the NYT said was racist was actually racist. Keep up.

Your comment implies that some of it was racist though.

This is why you cherrypicked three things in Trump's defense and ignored the rest of his racist actions.

quanchi112

This is why you cherrypicked three things in Trump's defense and ignored the rest of his racist actions. thumb up

Surtur

This is why you cherrypicked three things in Trump's defense and ignored the rest of his racist actions.

No I found a lot more than 3 things that weren't lies kiddo.

And I never said everything in there was a lie. But there were indeed plenty of lies and yes they're gonna be pointed out. My advice would be for people not to link to that article ever again. Cuz if it is I'll just point out all the lies again.

Robtard
You seem to still be agreeing that there indeed is some things that are racist. Guess that's as close as we're going to get.

Deadline

I think he also pointed put there was no proof for some of those statments as well.

quanchi112
No I found a lot more than 3 things that weren't lies kiddo.

And I never said everything in there was a lie. But there were indeed plenty of lies and yes they're gonna be pointed out. My advice would be for people not to link to that article ever again. Cuz if it is I'll just point out all the lies again. My advice is to quit making excuses for the liar man baby.

Surtur
You seem to still be agreeing that there indeed is some things that are racist. Guess that's as close as we're going to get.

And of course you agree some of the things on the list weren't actually racist and the NYT was lying by claiming it was, correct?

Deadline

Yea next time somebody accuses somebody else of being racist were gonna believe them 100% next time. I mean not like when you become somebody important people aren't going to start lying about you y'know.

Surtur
Yea next time somebody accuses somebody else of being racist were gonna believe them 100% next time. I mean not like when you become somebody important people aren't going to start lying about you y'know.

I like how they seem to be triggered I dared point out some lies. This is the same side that will pounce on any lie by Trump no matter how inconsequential.

And nope not even the "he's the president though!" excuse flies here. Not after all the left has spewed at us about how important the media is. Their lies are just as damaging. Period.

Robtard
And of course you agree some of the things on the list weren't actually racist and the NYT was lying by claiming it was, correct?

I agree that Trump's a racist, even if non-racist things can and do come out of his mouth. Samhain already covered this with you in a funny/mocking fashion.

Deadline
I agree that Trump's a racist, even if non-racist things can and do come out of his mouth. Samhain already covered this with you in a funny/mocking fashion.

I suspect he didn't but you're claiming he did. That's how you get out of this.

Flyattractor
So is the ACTUAL point of this "Thread" another example of the Lefts Belief in the Klingon Style of Honor? Aka The Child is Responsible for the Actions of the Parents?

Cause Ya know....that is kinda ...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2llhwaimmUg/maxresdefault.jpg

quanchi112
Yea next time somebody accuses somebody else of being racist were gonna believe them 100% next time. I mean not like when you become somebody important people aren't going to start lying about you y'know. Are you crying in real life? I can see tears.

Flyattractor
Are you crying in real life? I can see tears.

https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-stop-being-delusional.png

Deadline

Surtur ended it with this. Just dodge this point.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-stop-being-delusional.png I see him ignoring this as a yes.

Robtard
Surtur ended it with this. Just dodge this point. I literally responded to the point and you even responded to my response, smartguy. Just because everything that comes out of Trump's mouth isn't a racial slur, doesn't do away with his history of being a racist.

quanchi112
Surtur ended it with this. Just dodge this point. Opinions vary so no he did not. They printed it regardless of what you agree or disagree with. Very high standards there, kiddo.

Flyattractor
Opinions vary so no I THINK he did not.

There. Fixed it.

quanchi112
There. Fixed it. You are a racist supporter. Good to know.

Flyattractor
You are a racist supporter. Good to know.

https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/be-delusional-and-unicorn-on.png

quanchi112
https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/be-delusional-and-unicorn-on.png Irony.

Flyattractor
.............BWAHAHAHHAHAHAAH!

quanchi112
.............BWAHAHAHHAHAHAAH! Concession accepted.

Flyattractor
Back to the Delusional Gag Again already....

quanchi112
Back to the Delusional Gag Again already.... Look get back to the topic you being easily triggered is another matter altogether.

SquallX
You are a racist supporter. Good to know.

I may not agree with everything Trump does, but as my President I support him.

So, am I a racist supporter then?

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
I may not agree with everything Trump does, but as my President I support him.

So, am I a racist supporter then? When you excuse his actions of course. You can respect the office but not racist behavior. You seem to be ok with bad behavior.

Deadline
I literally responded to the point and you even responded to my response, smartguy.

Er yea I pointed out that you claimed that somebody had dealt with the point. As far as I can see they didn't. That's how you dodged the point because if you had to address it yourself you would have to admit he's got a point.

Just because everything that comes out of Trump's mouth isn't a racial slur, doesn't do away with his history of being a racist.

What we are geting at here is that if somebody states that somebody else said something racist and the example they show isn't racist that looks dishonest.

Robtard

quanchi112

samhain
Speaking of side-stepping questions.

Do you honestly believe Trump isn't a racist? And don't give us this 'I need proof, there is no proof' malarky. What's your instinct about the man.

dadudemon
We're going around in circles. Post proof of him singling out only arabs. I have never heard him quoted as specifying only certain kinds of muslims, never. If you're going to claim he did the burden of proof is on you.

That's fair, Surtur. My bad.

But I think your line of reasoning is so so very weasel-ly because it's obvious Trump's too stupid to know about, say, Indonesian Muslims. He thinks Muslims are Arabs just like every other person old and racist like him.

Edit - Please do not mistake my apology for a cop-out in the second part. I want those two statements to be considered separately.

"Technically correct" is still correct. That's what I want to draw attention to: you are technically correct and anything else is just unsubstantiated and up for debate.

SquallX

Adam_PoE

Robtard
SquallX, I think you fell for some fake news again.

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The racial views of Donald Trump are a matter of public record.

One would have to be willfully ignorant to not know of his document history of racism, let alone believe that "the minority leaders" ever "hailed him as their champion."

During the election Michael Cohen pushed a falsehood that Trump had been awarded the NAACP medal of honor in the late 80's for helping "inner cities".

That was a complete lie, but people fell for it anyways.

NemeBro

dadudemon
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The racial views of Donald Trump are a matter of public record.

One would have to be willfully ignorant to not know of his document history of racism, let alone believe that "the minority leaders" ever "hailed him as their champion."

How dare you paraphrase my posts. mad

Surtur
If his racism is public record then it just becomes even more retarded for the New York Times to lie about instances of racism lol.

dadudemon
If his racism is public record then it just becomes even more retarded for the New York Times to lie about instances of racism lol.

I somewhat agree. However, that writer is coming from the position that it's clearly absurd to call Obama lazy (except for the fact that Trump thinks black people are lazy) because Obama is clearly not lazy by any stretch of the imagination. They assume, in context with his other statement about black people being lazy, that it's just more racism from Trump.

I understand that context.

Surtur
I somewhat agree. However, that writer is coming from the position that it's clearly absurd to call Obama lazy (except for the fact that Trump thinks black people are lazy) because Obama is clearly not lazy by any stretch of the imagination. They assume, in context with his other statement about black people being lazy, that it's just more racism from Trump.

I understand that context.

IMO if they wanna talk about the context what they need to remember is that Trump specifically was pissed at Obama over him insulting him that one time(I think at a WHCD). So I feel like trying to take any insult about Obama and turn it into something about blacks in general requires one to ignore that.

Trump liked to go after Obama golfing, etc. so I feel the lazy thing comes from that too.

dadudemon

NemeBro
It that quote is forged like Surtur seems to imply it's a very good forgery. The diction is very Trump-like IMO.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
It that quote is forged like Surtur seems to imply it's a very good forgery. The diction is very Trump-like IMO.

What I was thinking, too. That quote would have come out long before the Trump-esque speech pattern was widely mocked like it is.

Also, Trump himself said that I thinks it's probably true that he said that. smile

So not much we can do about that quote. He thinks Jews are good with money and black people are lazy. That's a pretty commonly held belief among people around his age and older. no expression

Surtur
Yeah lets just go with stuff we can actually prove Trump said. It's much simpler that way.

dadudemon
Yeah lets just go with stuff we can actually prove Trump said. It's much simpler that way.

"That's probably true, I said that."

Nope, has to be thrown out despite him admitting it. Have to have him holding a news paper in one hand while speaking directly into the camera.

smile

How much suspension of disbelief do you need, bruuuh?

Surtur
"That's probably true, I said that."

Nope, has to be thrown out despite him admitting it. Have to have him holding a news paper in one hand while speaking directly into the camera.

smile

How much suspension of disbelief do you need, bruuuh?

"Probably" isn't "definitely". I'd rather just go with stuff we know he said. If he's so racist then you have zero reason to take issue with this since there will be plenty of other stuff to point to in order to show it.

Surtur
I will note: I'm not saying if it turned out to be true it would be shocking. I'm just saying I'd rather go by things that can be proven. This is the path anyone who actually doesn't want him to win in 2020 should be taking.

Robtard
prob-a-bly
adverb

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell

You're going out of your way to defend Trump's racism

Surtur
prob-a-bly
adverb

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell

You're going out of your way to defend Trump's racism

I'm not defending anything. I'm saying, in this day and age, it's better to go with shit you can actually prove. This should not be controversial, it should not be something people feel the need to whine about or argue with.

samhain
I'm just saying I'd rather go by things that can be proven.

But you speculate all the time when it suits you to do so. False flag, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with speculating on a message board.

darthgoober
How old is that quote?

Surtur
But you speculate all the time when it suits you to do so. False flag, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with speculating on a message board.

Lol oh so this is mere speculation then? That's cool, kinda sounded like people were trying to assert certain quotes as fact. Good, it's good they weren't doing that, I agree...speculation is fine and dandy thumb up

Robtard
That quote probably is a fact. Trump thinks so.

Do you honestly believe Trump's later claim that he "never" uses racist remarks?

samhain
Lol oh so this is mere speculation then? That's cool, kinda sounded like people were trying to assert certain quotes as fact. Good, it's good they weren't doing that, I agree...speculation is fine and dandy thumb up

Can't speak for others and what they're doing really. It was more of a response to your claim that you'd rather go with what can be proven. Yet you have no problem speculating/theorizing when you feel you have to.

quanchi112
But you speculate all the time when it suits you to do so. False flag, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with speculating on a message board. Wheh it suits his bias he sure does. He is too biased to think clearly.

dadudemon
That quote probably is a fact. Trump thinks so.

Do you honestly believe Trump's later claim that he "never" uses racist remarks?

I mean...it doesn't get more confirmed than the man himself confirming that he said it.

A normal person would read or hear those words and think, "Damn, racist f*ck." But if you're an actual racist f*ck, you'd say, "Yeah, that's probably true that I said that." Oh...uhh...you know you can just deny that kind of shit, right?

shiv
The quote attributed to Trump about the black accountant.

A word perfect quote from 30 years ago

with all the syntax (speech pattern) of current Trump

I'd like to hear the tape recording

Or see the diary / notepad / napkin / journal / filofax / piece of paper where it was written

Or the legacy floppy disk, disk drive or ribbon where it was typed

If this is a person with a remarkable memory - and they can have some one vouch for them - to say - hey for real this person has a remarkable memory then fair enough

In the last few years we've seen all kinds of drama about things that people DIDN'T do or say 30 years ago.

Trump said in an interview he probably said that. He probably did.

This brings up a few things:

Did You Really?

If you did. Okay. Do you still think that way?

Do you regret it?

What... do you think of black people any differently now?

If you went around vaporising everyone who probably said did or thought something racist back when racism was institutionalized there would be very few people remaining on this planet.

I've experienced racial discrimination. As a survivor It would not do me any good to continue to reopen the wounds. I reported it. Pushed it to one side. Left it behind me.

The quote doesn't say what Trump did / What happened to the accountant / did the accountant actually make an accounting error or make an error in reporting the accounts Was the accountant bullied. Did she/he leave the company. Was she/he treated for work related stress.

Because if so I'd like to hear that his/her union stood up for him/her and the chartered institute they were an accredited member of. And I'd like to hear that they took Trump to a Labor Court or something.

I want to hear /know that guy/girl is okay.

samhain
Originally posted by shiv
The quote attributed to Trump about the black accountant.

A word perfect quote from 30 years ago

with all the syntax (speech pattern) of current Trump

I'd like to hear the tape recording

Or see the diary / notepad / napkin / journal / filofax / piece of paper where it was written

Or the legacy floppy disk, disk drive or ribbon where it was typed

If this is a person with a remarkable memory - and they can have some one vouch for them - to say - hey for real this person has a remarkable memory then fair enough

This is a really good point. Don't know what the full claims are that are being made about this quote, but a verbatim post 30-ish years later must surely have a recording to accompany it or as you said, somebody in the vicinity with an eidetic memory to remember it. So it would appear to more than likely either be an outright lie or someone is getting a little too creative when filling in the blanks.

dadudemon
Because if so I'd like to hear that his/her union stood up for him/her and the chartered institute they were an accredited member of. And I'd like to hear that they took Trump to a Labor Court or something.

I want to hear /know that guy/girl is okay.

You do know you can google any of these things, right? You can look for the questions you ask.

And why would Trump be taken to "labor court" for making a racist remark?

dadudemon

shiv
Trump said in an interview he probably said that. He probably did.

This brings up a few things:

Did You Really?

If you did. Okay. Do you still think that way?

Do you regret it?

What... do you think of black people any differently now?

If you went around vaporising everyone who probably said did or thought something racist back when racism was institutionalized there would be very few people remaining on this planet.

Surtur
I mean...it doesn't get more confirmed than the man himself confirming that he said it.

A normal person would read or hear those words and think, "Damn, racist f*ck." But if you're an actual racist f*ck, you'd say, "Yeah, that's probably true that I said that." Oh...uhh...you know you can just deny that kind of shit, right?

Nah, it's not 100% confirmed. He said he "probably said it".

Again: how about we just go with shit we can actually confirm? It sure would simplify things.

shiv
It wouldn't hurt if there was an actual first hand account from the accountant

Surtur
My argument is still: if he's so damn racist and there's so much evidence we don't need to cling to "probably's" .

snowdragon
My argument is still: if he's so damn racist and there's so much evidence we don't need to cling to "probably's" .

How about if we just throw the word racist out and instead used bigot.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>