Most durable extras

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
So, this thread is kind of tongue in cheek, after another thread got me thinking. Every now and then, extras will actually display superhuman physical traits for the purposes of the plot. These are often throwaway characters, only used for a specific scene or sequence.

So, for example, we have the warlord from BvS who got sent through multiple walls by Superman. Yet based on the film narrative and some comments behind the scenes, we are supposed to believe he survived (unless they changed something with the extended cut, which I have not watched, and probably never will).

And then another example is that woman in the car that Thor saves in Age of Ultron. She was falling in that car for 12 seconds. Thor then literally throws her directly upwards with enough force that she gets back up to Cap in like 2 or 3 seconds IIRC. Her arm should have been torn off and/or her insides should have been turned to mush, realistically speaking. But she was totally fine afterwards.

So, can anyone else think of more examples?

carthage
Mustafa-Austin Powers
The SWAT guy from Venom

ShadowFyre
This is actually a really good thread. Off the top of my head, multiple humans in Godzilla movies, I will have to look through some of em to find some good examples though. Let me think in this one.

FrothByte
The Hydra soldiers in the beginning of AoU... Who were getting punched, kicked and Mjolnired by Thor yet weren't getting pulverized.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah Hulk threw one of those guys against a tree hard enough to bounce off but if you look closely you can see him get back up

HulkIsHulk
Oh then two of those in TWS. There is this guy Cap kicked into a metal pipe hard enough to dent it - he not only got back up but came at Cap again. Then Batroc's assistant who got hit by Cap's shield throw which hit his head and then embeds itself into the metal wall behind him. Frankly he should've been decapitated

TheVaultDweller
Another one is one of the Russian gangster bosses from DD s1. That guy was caught in an explosion, shot, beat up, slammed through multiple floors, and then still picked up a gun and made a last stand while Matt got away. Just the floor thing should have pretty much left him paralysed, even without the bullet still moving around inside him and his other injuries.

KingD19
Any thug who got hit by Cage and got back up.

FrothByte
Those SHIELD/Hydra agents in the elevator with Cap.

TheVaultDweller
I think the elevator scene was more a case of Cap holding back some, as he probably wasn't looking to send someone flying through the glass and plummeting to their death, several floors below. Because he didn't know who were actually HYDRA and who were simply mislead SHIELD agents at the time. Because, as we see during the climax of the film, a lot of agents only became aware of what was going on when HYDRA was already enacting its plan at the end.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by carthage
Mustafa-Austin Powers

That's what I'm talking about.

K-Dog
The kid who Hancock threw hundreds of feet straight up, then caught the kid with one arm. Should have been ripped apart going up, and again when caught. 😬

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by K-Dog
The kid who Hancock threw hundreds of feet straight up, then caught the kid with one arm. Should have been ripped apart going up, and again when caught. 😬
And the ones involved in ass-shoves

HulkIsHulk
Oh and in Kickboxer retaliation the villain Mongkut slams this guy into a concrete wall hard enough to rmbed him in it but he was still fighting back

TheVaultDweller
I haven't watched the newer Kickboxer films. The trailers for them looked really bad. Isn't the guy who plays the Mountain on GoT the villain in the last one?

KingD19
Mountain = Mongkut...Raiden from Mortal Kombat was the fight promoter/real villain. Mongkut was just a big dumb savage fighter juiced and steroided and trained to superhuman levels basically.

HulkIsHulk
Kickboxer retaliation is the only one of the series which I saw. It was okay. Nothing more

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I haven't watched the newer Kickboxer films. The trailers for them looked really bad. Isn't the guy who plays the Mountain on GoT the villain in the last one?

Wasn't that Batista?

steverules_2

TheVaultDweller

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
The Hydra soldiers in the beginning of AoU... Who were getting punched, kicked and Mjolnired by Thor yet weren't getting pulverized.

It's possible Captain America sat him down and explained to him how frail human bodies can be and that you don't wanna use full force. Thor murdered a bunch of tree's by trying to murder Captain America, it was devastating cuz you gotta figure some animals died cuz Thor got hungry for murder.

HulkIsHulk
This special forces guy in Civil War had his head slammed into a wall by Buck's metal arm but still didn't go down. Then was this guy at the CIA facility who took couple punches from the metal arm and was still standing

HulkIsHulk
Bump

TheVaultDweller
Okay. So, this guy is not exactly an extra, but he's a very minor character in the overall story. And damn, this example is so extreme that it just deserves an honourable mention either way.

So, this guy literally gets absolutely riddled with bullets. As in there is no realistic way he should be even twitching after that. But he survives long enough to blow up a couple of enemies. Now, the first clip is heavily edited, but you can get the gist of it from just before the 1 min mark. Warning though. This show is pretty damn graphic when it comes to depicting violence and carnage.

D-vs4W6jVig

But to see just how long he clawed on to life, see below:

jSEadPg2xyc

Surtur
Anyone from Metropolis who survived the events of Man of Steel

KingD19
The Jungle Fighters from "The Rundown". Beck was tossing them around like ragdolls and they were all essentially fine after everyone calmed down and talked things out. Also the things they put their bodies through to toss Beck around should be impossible.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Yeah Hulk threw one of those guys against a tree hard enough to bounce off but if you look closely you can see him get back up

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Good catch

KingD19
The 10 Karate Black Belts from Ip Man.

One guy got his leg snapped at the hip and while they were all rolling around on the ground, none of them were unconscious at the end of the beating, when all of them should have been dead.

HulkIsHulk
That CIA guard from Civil War. He took 2 hits to the face from Bucky's metal arm and came back for more. He shouldn't even have a head

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.