People lying about Rape: How common is it really?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I see people all the time saying people are very unlikely to lie about rape, to the point of lynching anyone who was dare even accused, despite someone formerly being friends with that person and swearing they were the kindest person.

Why am I making this? Because I think it's a lot more common then someone might think.

Rape is one of the worst crimes a human being can commit on any level, and I think I have a good enough idea to talk about this, considering I have personally been lied about.

I talked about it on here before, but in any case, to remove any doubt that I have the right to talk about this:

I had a friend, let's call her "Nancy", so Nancy and I were really great friends for a lot of years, I had always supported her despite her making very stupid decisions and hanging out with awful, abusive people who were not only very cold to me, but at times her as well, despite her only ever wanting to fit in with them they continued to be colder and colder to her over the years, she lost touch with a few but I kept in touch with her, I seemed to be the only one that was ever kind to her, I would always hear stories about how they had treated her.

Over the years, I'd hear stories of her lying, even from my own best friends, and former friends, and acquaintances who knew of our friendship.

We dated at one point, but broke up within 2 weeks of the relationship.

Anyway, a few years down the line, she had moved away, I went to hang out with her at her hotel room where she was living at the time, we chilled for awhile, she was always very cuddly and had a habit of cuddling up to me when we hung out and we didn't end up doing anything sexual a year before.

I don't condone "home-wrecking", it's disgusting and evil and can ruin someone's relationship, nevertheless, Nancy was in a relationship at the time, and during all this cuddling she was not saying anything when I grabbed her ass and outright encouraged it. At some point I ended up on top of her and ended up feeling her up, fondling her breast for a bit before she got a text from her bf.

I'd like to say I felt awful, she looked like she did, but in all honesty I just felt kinda... horny at the time, lol.

So anyway, I go home, get a text from her boyfriend, who for some reason swears that I raped her, that I'm not going to get away with it. I threaten to sue the girl and him for slander, he proceeds to send a tirade of insults and how I'm the lowest form of pond-life.

All of a sudden, she tells me "I didn't tell him you raped me". She says something to the boyfriend, who swears to me that she told him I raped her or molested her.

But yet she tells me a different story, the only reason I can see is if he was in denial that she cheated on him? But no, it went hand-in-hand with who the girl was since she had told me multiple lies before, how my friend (who has been with the same girl for 7 years now) told her about his penis size, never happened, how my other friend molested her, how all these people raped her.

This isn't to try and make you believe less, in fact, I've tried to make it a point to stop being a skeptic recently and start believing people more often, stop asking so many questions and whatnot. But to go on youtube and facebook and hear so many people talk about how "unlikely" it is for someone to lie about it is unbelievable.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions at some point, and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU if you get a gut feeling about someone's situation.

Cheers.

darthgoober
It's absolutely more common that many people think. I looked into it and it turns out that when people say that only 2% of reported rapes are false claims, what they're actually referring to(whether they realize it or not) is the percentage of claims that are conclusively proven to be untrue.

Emperordmb
Well the thing is, feminists will lie about the statistic and say only 2% of rape accusations are false.

However, the actual statistic is from a meta-analysis that says 2-8% of rape accusations were proven to be false.

So not only is this deceptive by providing only the low end estimate, but those are only the ones that could be proven to be false.

A more accurate statement than "only 2% of rape accusations are false" would be "at the very very least 2-10% of rape accusations are false"

In over half of rape cases IIRC the accusation can't be proven true or false.

What's truly disgusting about this is that feminists will use the "women don't lie about rape" claim to try and undermine due process so that a person's life can be destroyed by an unproven allegation.

cdtm
Means to an end, friend. Means to an end.

Most feminists probably just don't check the facts. Which is something we're all guilty of.

And the ones that do know, likely think it's a small evil, if it ends up actually helping women in need.

Nothing malicious about it, but the point is helping victims. That makes it easy to overlook "white lies" to that end.

dadudemon
I've posted about this before.

My ex-wife's best friend was an Nurse (ER?). She said that almost none of the girls who came in for the rape kit were raped with many admitting it (which is stupid as hell to do).

Once you start getting hundreds into this kind of thing, you become jaded. I think she started to become callused.

I think we should be asking ER Nurses to keep track of numbers (but do so in such a way that does not violate HIPAA such as collecting data at the end of each month instead of each day (so the data can be anonymized across the month to obfuscate the potential of tying women to those numbers to avoid the Personal Health Information (PHI) violation)). They will have much more accurate numbers that the standard populace.

cdtm
If it's that bad, one has to wonder what the motivation is for burying the data.

At my most jaded, I often wonder whether money is a factor, at all. Because lawsuits amount to BIG money, for all sorts of things that are protected by law.

Surtur
Actually I think the number of false rape accusations is 2%-10%. As someone else said...these are the ones they are SURE were false. It doesn't mean that only 10% of rape accusations are false, though that sure as hell is how some feminists twist that stat.

Even if we assumed 10% was the concrete figure for false accusations...that means 1 out of every 10 rape accusations are false. That is disturbing and it gets even more disturbing when you realize in reality the number is probably higher than 10%, which means you could potentially have maybe 2-4 out every 10 accusations are false.

Eon Blue
More common than one would think.

Surtur
You know what I would love to know? How many of the women in that 2-10% range were actually charged for lying about being raped?

Who wants to bet the answer isn't 100%?

BackFire
I have never lied about the people I've raped.

BrolyBlack
But you just lied because you never have raped anyone eek!

Impediment

BackFire
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
But you just lied because you never have raped anyone eek!

Fighting words if I've ever heard them.

Impediment
I was a prison guard for nearly five years and I had my fair share of seeing/dealing with inmate rape. Gross stuff, really. A big bowl of Prison Chili.

BackFire
seeing/dealing and engaging in?

Impediment
Not engaging. I have higher standards than some mutt in a prison uniform.

BackFire
How can you breathe way up there on your high horse?

Flyattractor
Fart Gas Rises...

https://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1537/15371732/2661305-3139548713-tumbl.gif

Impediment
Inmate love is a very real thing. Years ago, I made a thread about a hilarious break up I witnessed in one of my units.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=401827&pagenumber=1

Bentley
Originally posted by Impediment
Inmate love is a very real thing. Years ago, I made a thread about a hilarious break up I witnessed in one of my units.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=401827&pagenumber=1

Ok, that was just lovely.

SquallX

Surtur

samhain
Originally posted by Surtur
You know what I would love to know? How many of the women in that 2-10% range were actually charged for lying about being raped?

Who wants to bet the answer isn't 100%?

Of course it would never be close to 100%, there would probably be a number of accusers who have mental health issues which would lessen any sentence they receive, if not offset it outright.

I would hope that the authorities have gotten a lot better at spotting fake accusations too, like someone would have to turn in an Oscar worthy performance to get past the cynicism one would receive from police officers. There are probably a lot of false claims that don't get past the uncapping of the pen stage that wouldn't be included in false claim stats.

Emperordmb
False accusations should be punished just as harshly IMO.

Of course if it's not proven either way due process should apply to both parties.

Surtur
Originally posted by samhain
Of course it would never be close to 100%, there would probably be a number of accusers who have mental health issues which would lessen any sentence they receive, if not offset it outright.

I would hope that the authorities have gotten a lot better at spotting fake accusations too, like someone would have to turn in an Oscar worthy performance to get past the cynicism one would receive from police officers. There are probably a lot of false claims that don't get past the uncapping of the pen stage that wouldn't be included in false claim stats.

If they're mentally ill and we don't punish them with jail time they need to be sentenced to mandatory appointments with a therapist. Also preferably some kind of probation lasting years. And then given a mandatory 5 years in jail if they repeat the behavior.

If they're not mentally ill? They need to be jailed for...however many years rapists tend to get for actually raping someone.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
False accusations should be punished just as harshly IMO.

Of course if it's not proven either way due process should apply to both parties.

I feel like this: if the standard prison sentence for rape is 10 years they should be given 10 years for lying about being raped, and nope no getting out early for good behavior. Oh AND if it's a situation where the man actually served jail time before the lie was found out? However many years he served need to be added onto the woman's sentence.

As for your comments about due process, I'd agree, but why do I feel the lefts standard of evidence when it comes to proving a woman lied would NOT be the same when it comes to proving a man committed rape?

Bentley
What does left or right have to do on how the justice system treats evidence?

Isn't accusing of a false rape just slander anyways? That's already covered by the law.

SquallX
Originally posted by Bentley

Isn't accusing of a false rape just slander anyways? That's already covered by the law.

When was the last time a woman payed the concequences of lying about rape though?

Bentley
Originally posted by SquallX
When was the last time a woman payed the concequences of lying about rape though?

I don't know nor I particularly care. My point is that the justice system is equipped to deal with this kind of false accusation, whether the cases they have ruled against were receivable is not relevant to it.

If the society happens to be full of bloodhounds that will jump at any accusation to tarnish and cause harm to someone that's really not within what the justice system can control. And that's probably what get most people nervous to be honest.

Emperordmb
Feminism tbh

The "progressive" left is the primary pusher of shit like the "rape culture" narrative, and the idea that "women don't lie about rape." You have prominent third wave feminists saying things like "I don't care if a few men are falsely convicted by the standard of believing women if it helps us get the rapists."

You can see this play out with the Obama administration's Title IX stuff to colleges which basically made universities something of a quasi-judicial structure for which they don't have the expertise to operate as, and to which the burden of proof for rape cases was lowered from a presumption of innocence to a preponderance of evidence.

You can also see this play out with the mattress girl saga. Basically a female student at a university accused a man at the same university of rape, she had no evidence so he wasn't arrested or expelled. She decided to carry around the mattress she was supposedly raped on as long as he wasn't expelled, and she was endorsed in this project by the staff at her university, even making it one of her graduation projects. Senator Gillibrand (a rather radical feminist in the Democratic party), even invited her as an honored guest to some feminist event thing or something and endorsed her painful and brave story or whatever... Then this male student who had basically had his life ruined took things back to court and the evidence showed that she had lied about it.

A particular part of the left wing is the part of the populace pushing this narrative with regards to rape, and thus the part of the populace from which challenges towards due process in rape cases comes from. And if only very few feminists were actually interested in reducing the burden of proof for these accusations, then they wouldn't be spreading false information about the numbers of false rape accusations. If they truly trust the legal standard by which this shit is judged, then why do they need to lie to try and claim that only 2% of rape accusations are false?

And even aside from due process:
If the society happens to be full of bloodhounds that will jump at any accusation to tarnish and cause harm to someone that's really not within what the justice system can control. And that's probably what get most people nervous to be honest.
This is no insignificant thing and in the modern day I'd say it's clearly more a certain type of left-wing activists at fault for actively pushing for this kinda shit than anyone else.

Now let me be clear.

Obviously just because a particular issue can be primarily laid at the feet of a part of one political wing doesn't mean that all those a part of that wing are in any way guilty by association.

A part of the right-wing for example is primarily at fault for the war on drugs out of some misguided moralizing paternalistic sense, and because of their arrogance the black family unit has been seriously weakened, we infringe upon the sovereignty of Latin American nations, we waste a ****ton of money, and we infringe the rights of our citizens and destroy their lives with criminal punishment for an act that shouldn't even be a crime.

I'm more than happy to accept that the blame for that problem primarily rests on the republican party, though at the same time it's obviously true that nobody is guilty of fault by association just by dint of being a right-winger. I myself oppose that bullshit, and so does virtually anyone who would be considered a right-wing libertarian.

Emperordmb
That's actually probably one of the biggest problems with political discourse right now.

Everything is so charged that as soon as one side of the political aisle is criticized, anyone on that political wing will get super defensive about it because it seems like an aspersion cast upon their own moral character, so they either stubbornly defend something that shouldn't be defended, or they pretend it is a problem equally distributed between sides, instead of being willing to accept legitimate criticism.

I'd imagine part of it has to do with a climate of fear and helplessness shared by both wings.
The left wing sees Donald Trump as their president and a government controlled by the republican party, and so they feel desperate.
And the right on the other hand sees the left-wing dominating the cultural institutions of our country ranging from our education system, to Hollywood (seriously just watch any movie awards show... it's basically a progressive anti-Trump circle jerk), to the Mainstream Media, to extreme progressive activists who hound advertisers and payment processors to try and undercut the platforms and revenue of those on the right with dissenting opinions towards the progressive orthodoxy. And naturally the right feels desperate in this regard.

Bentley
Your reply kind of gives me insight in some of the weight that americans seem to put not into facts nor consensus but into narratives that can get pushed by people with conflicting agendas.

Yelling at Trump because he talks of fake news but then beliving eagerly rape accusations without any basis shows some cognitive dissonance.

Emperordmb
Well there's a serious cultural divide driving the weight placed upon these narratives.

I'd say that divide sprung from two places.

First is that in the past decade the modern social justice movement became prominent in the western world. In America it's caused a unique divide for a few reasons. The first is that racial tensions in my country are ****ing weird man.

Starting with blacks, Between slavery, Jim Crow, and the destruction of the black family unit (largely I'd argue from the war on drugs... which originated with Nixon wanting to attack the black and hippie communities that opposed his reelection) has lead to some racial tension. And with that racial tension at play our police officers having guns and using them at times excessively has lead to a racial narrative on top of those tensions in regards to the police. Republicans tend to place more emphasis on enforcing the rule of law over citizens, so there is a racial avenue for attack against the Republicans there.

Additionally the United States has stricter immigration policy than most European countries, and Republicans tend to be more in favor of it and Mexicans happen to be brown, so that has become a serious racial attack avenue the democrats use against the Republicans.

So with the rise of the modern social justice movement and the continuous Democrat strategy of calling an the Republican party racist repeatedly has lead to Democrats being swayed into thinking Republicans are racist, and Republicans getting pissed at the Democrats for assuming they're racist because they disagree with them on something like immigration for example.

Then of course the LGBT issues also become a particular source of tension in America when you consider that the American populace is more religious than most European countries. This has lead to LGBT activists and progressives to have a larger group of people to set the blame for this problem against (not entirely unfairly), and there's a larger religious community in my country willing to backlash against what they perceive (not entirely unfairly) as an attack on their values when you have pushes from one side of the aisle to force a religious baker to support a gay wedding with his labor, or schools pushing a gender constructionist agenda.

So though this kind of social justice movement has been an international phenomenon, in my country our racial tensions and other circumstances such as religious values vs lgbt agenda have lead to the left-wing seeing more of an opportunity to attack the right wing through identity politics, and a right-wing more willing to take up arms against it because they feel like they are being excessively demonized.

Additionally there's also a serious divide as it relates to economics. America was founded under somewhat different political values than those underpinning Europe for example. Historic American political attitudes had a more rugged individualist value behind them where the role of government was to protect people from tyranny and violation of their rights by their fellow man, rather than viewing the government as a provider. The American constitution was a document based more on negative rights (things that could not be done to a person by other people or the state), whereas for example I've heard that the French constitution after the revolution was based more on positive rights (things that the government had an obligation to provide for people).

Even though there's always been a left-wing in the US, that difference between the US and Europe in terms of political attitude has been a consistent one with even our left wing not holding the European position let's say. It seems to me like Obama's presidency and Obamacare became a tipping point where a lot of that changed. Now it seems like the Democrats increasingly have this vision for the United States where they want our policy to be more European-esque while the Republicans seem to value the way America is in relation to Europe and see this as a crucial tipping point where once people start to rely too much on the government to provide from them it becomes impossible to cut the scope of government.

So really what you have economically that's driving this whole thing is that the populace of my country no longer has a shared vision for the direction our country should head in. The debate is no longer about a question of degree as it was before in the US or as it seems to be in Europe, but one side of the political aisle wanting to seriously shift the structure of our government as well as the fundamental assumptions and values behind the American political system and the other side taking fundamental issue with it. Whereas European Countries for example seem to be debating the degree to which nationalized healthcare and welfare should be funded for example or how much certain income brackets should be taxed, in my country we're locked in a serious contentious and heated debate as to what how our healthcare system and economy should even be structured.

So that's kinda what's caused this political divide. Seriously differing visions of what our country should look like, and some rather bitter personal attacks being opportunistically leveraged for political gain and the backlash to them.

(Though I would add that we're seeing the same thing to a certain extent with the UK due to Brexit. Which isn't a knock against the British people so much as it is the consequence of the political reality that Brexit is a very important decision and that two sides of the country have completely different visions of what they'd want their country to look like.)

And I'd say the whole narrative first thing definitely isn't helped by the state of our media.

Our media is definitely quite sensationalized, and my assumption is that it has something to do with our population size. It's easier for a news outlet to captivate the attention of a population the size of the UK's or France's, but with this large a population size I could see how our media outlets sensationalize things more to draw more attention, particularly in the era where the traditional media is being increasingly out competed by the internet.

But yeah that's kinda my expanded take on it.

Surtur

Because, as we have seen, each side seems to have different definitions of due process.

It's not the right whining that Betsy DeVos is giving people in college accused of rape more due process.

So yep, this issue is also political. Which side calls this country a rape culture? Spoiler alert: not the right(second spoiler: we aren't even a rape culture). And I mentioned it once, but it needs repeating: it is NOT the right that is whining over college students being given more due process after being accused of rape. Let that sink in. We're talking whining over...daring to allow cross examination, and no not by the accused but by someone appointed by the accused.(So STILL not even full due process, but it's a start)

It's still being whined about. It's being called wrong. And this is not occurring across both sides, the resistance(lol) is coming from one side. So yep, it's quite important to note the politics involved.

cdtm
None of that is really a commentary on the justice system, though.

People are free to believe whatever they want. Companies are generally free to fire people, for no reason at all, except in narrowly defined cases (You can't fire someone for their sex. You probably "can" fire them for fear of a pending lawsuit affecting shareholder value.)

cdtm
Your reply kind of gives me insight in some of the weight that americans seem to put not into facts nor consensus but into narratives that can get pushed by people with conflicting agendas.

Yelling at Trump because he talks of fake news but then beliving eagerly rape accusations without any basis shows some cognitive dissonance.

That's pretty much how things work, here.

Politics are pretty dirty around these parts. People actually hire/use/form groups just to slander the opposition, while giving them plausable deniability. I believe the term is "astroturfing".

It's a disgusting, morally bankrupt tactic, but apparently works.

dadudemon
Well there's a serious cultural divide driving the weight placed upon these narratives.

I'd say that divide sprung from two places.

First is that in the past decade the modern social justice movement became prominent in the western world. In America it's caused a unique divide for a few reasons. The first is that racial tensions in my country are ****ing weird man.

Starting with blacks, Between slavery, Jim Crow, and the destruction of the black family unit (largely I'd argue from the war on drugs... which originated with Nixon wanting to attack the black and hippie communities that opposed his reelection) has lead to some racial tension.

It started before then. It started in the 50s. I posted about this and found some economic data to support this. In 1905, a working age black man almost had income parity with the same working age white man. In other words, a black man could get a job and make almost exactly as much as a white man, on average.

That number took a sharp dive during and after the civil rights movement. Including work force participation and single parent homes, the Civil Rights Movement destroyed both black families and their SES relative to the white population.

Robtard correctly pointed out that wonderful things resulted from this, however: better education and far more rights/protections. That's a good thing.

TL - DR: Black rights came at the cost of the black family and income parity.

Putinbot1
Some women lie about being raped, some men get off being rapists by lying. SOME People are *****.
SOME women.
SOME men.
Most of both sexes neither cry false rape or commit rape and lie about it. When it's two people's words against each other in privacy, truth is hard to ascertainand and mistakes get made sometimes.

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Some women lie about being raped, some men get off being rapists by lying. SOME People are *****.
SOME women.
SOME men.
Most of both sexes neither cry false rape or commit rape and lie about it. When it's two people's words against each other in privacy, truth is hard to ascertainand and mistakes get made sometimes.

What about Blackstone's ratio? Is it better 10 men guilty of rape go free than one innocent man be imprisoned?

Putinbot1
What about Blackstone's ratio? Is it better 10 men guilty of rape go free than one innocent man be imprisoned? I think that's a ludicrous idea, the courts do the best they can in each case. Is it better a rapist who has got of raping 10 women gets off to rape again? Deal with each case as it comes on the evidence there. Mistakes will happen sometimes.

Surtur
I will never understand some peoples inability to consider a hypothetical.

Bentley
To be honest, people just suck so much at stats they will always make terrible choices

Robtard
SOME women.
SOME men.

Bingo.

Problem is (at least in America) we have two polarized sides, where one seems to believe no woman has ever lied about rape and the other is the "well, what was she wearing?" type (ie victim blaming; woman hating) and while they're not the majority as I really don't believe most people fall in either categoty; they're the loudest and most heard.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Robtard
the other is the "well, what was she wearing?" type (ie victim blaming; woman hating) and while they're not the majority

Keep in mind though there is a difference between people whose response to someone getting raped is "well, what she was wearing," and the people who just in general say women should do certain things to avoid getting raped.

Robtard
Keep in mind though there is a difference between people whose response to someone getting raped is "well, what she was wearing," and the people who just in general say women should do certain things to avoid getting raped.

I 100% agree, within reason. eg Saying "women shouldn't walk alone in *insert high crime neighborhood* at night.", is a sensible thing as it's an unfortunate reality. Saying "well, what did she expect for walking alone in *insert high crime neighborhood* at night." after a rape isn't, it's victim blaming.

dadudemon
I 100% agree, within reason. eg Saying "women shouldn't walk alone in *insert high crime neighborhood* at night.", is a sensible thing as it's an unfortunate reality. Saying "well, what did she expect for walking alone in *insert high crime neighborhood* at night." after a rape isn't, it's victim blaming.

We had this argument before - we agreed.

Basically, a woman (or any human) should be able to walk on a city-sidewalk, regardless of the neighborhood, and be left alone. Obviously, it doesn't work like that in the real world, as you mentioned.

Emperordmb
Well I mean there are people crazy enough to call the former of the two victim blaming, and who resent that whenever it's said with the response "don't teach women to avoid rape, teach men not to rape!"

In my eyes that's as stupid an inane as saying "Don't teach kids not to get in a van with strangers, teach adults not to kidnap kids!" Its retarded.

Robtard
Well, you need to teach both, as rape is going to happen even in the "best" of societies and unfortunately there are boys/men who believe in and push a hatred of women. eg That it's okay to sexually harass a women and/or you're somehow owed female companionship.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
We had this argument before - we agreed.

Basically, a woman (or any human) should be able to walk on a city-sidewalk, regardless of the neighborhood, and be left alone. Obviously, it doesn't work like that in the real world, as you mentioned.

Yeah I don't give a shit what a woman is wearing. Even if you think the clothes she is wearing are meant to entice men...it's gonna be her choice on whose attention she returns. Doesn't mean you get to jump her.

If someone says they are raped the advice should be to get a rape kit done,etc. and report it immediately.

Putinbot1
Don't you think men should be able to control themselves Surt?

Surtur

Yes, that's why I said it doesn't matter if she is wearing something meant to attract men...THEY have to wait for the okay, not pounce based on attire.

Robtard

That's my main issue with Islam and covering women up completely, it's done supposedly for a girl's/woman's protection, but it's cowardly shifting the responsibility. "Men are going to harass you so here, you have to dress like a potato sack." How about you let women dress as they wish and hold men accountable for their own actions.

Putinbot1
Yes, that's why I said it doesn't matter if she is wearing something meant to attract men...THEY have to wait for the okay, not pounce based on attire. fair comment, Rob, you and I are ALL in agreement.

Emperordmb

dadudemon

Emperordmb
Which kind of rape? There are 4 major degrees of rape:

1. Violent, physical rape.
2. Coerced rape that does not result in violence.
3. All other rapes where there is a clear lack of consent.
4. Rape by Deception - sometimes, not illegal. Such as not declaring an STD that would have caused the victim to withdraw consent.

I would say you are correct only for #1. Mostly for #2. But when you to #3, that's where they start dropping off like flies. And almost all people are guilty of #4 because the mating game is a game of deception for most people.
Okay what do you mean by 3? Like date rape drug shit? or is that 2?

Calling #4 rape in most cases is disingenuous IMO. The STD thing is ****ed up, and sleazy ****s who adopt a pretense to get laid are scummy but that's not the same thing as rape.

Bentley
I'd guess 2 would something like threatening people on their safety or their financial/social wellbeing to get laid.

Jmanghan
Bingo.

Problem is (at least in America) we have two polarized sides, where one seems to believe no woman has ever lied about rape and the other is the "well, what was she wearing?" type (ie victim blaming; woman hating) and while they're not the majority as I really don't believe most people fall in either categoty; they're the loudest and most heard. I believe there's nothing wrong with asking questions about the situation.

There's nothing wrong with doing so if a person gets a gut feeling.

shiv
I think this post belongs here:

/osjDb4bjQQw

This is so ****ing sad. To kill yourself because of some *****.

It was buried here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=613830&pagenumber=1799

and here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=613830&pagenumber=1800

Putinbot1
Originally posted by shiv
I think this post belongs here:

It was buried here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=613830&pagenumber=1799

and here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=613830&pagenumber=1800 People's relationships are complex. 7 Billion people are in the world.

shiv
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/856309/Sophie-Pointon-student-taxi-sex-attack-lie-jailed

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20170920/281762744434163

shiv
https://www.south-wales.police.uk/en/newsroom/woman-who-falsely-accused-taxi-driver-of-sexual-assault-is-jailed/

shiv
https://www.bustle.com/articles/186077-where-is-patrick-lumumba-now-the-bar-owner-was-implicated-by-amanda-knox

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/28/amanda-knox-free-rich-american-patrick-lumumba-meredith-kercher-murder

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/amanda-knox-admits-she-struggles-guilt-accusing-patrick-lumumba-meredith-kercher-murder-1435683

shiv
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/liam-allan-met-police-rape-accusation-false-evidence-disclosure-arrest-mistake-detectives-a8184916.html

liam-allan-met-police-rape-accusation-false-evidence-disclosure

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/woman-wickedly-accused-leicestershire-police-872583

Woman 'wickedly' accused Leicestershire police officer she had never met of rape

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45839644

A mother-of-three has been jailed for falsely claiming she was raped.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/real_story/3740807.stm

All charges against them were dropped last week after DNA evidence proved none of the players had had any contact with the three women who originally complained to the police.

But the trio would always be remembered as the ones that were accused rather than the ones that didn't do it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-304012/Sinclair-Rape-taint-haunt-us.html

Former Leicester City defender Frank Sinclair fears his reputation has been permanently damaged by false rape allegations.

Sinclair and his then Leicester team-mates Paul Dickov and Keith Gillespie were falsely accused of raping a woman in a Spanish hotel room while the club was on a training break in the La Manga resort.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Woman-Sentenced-to-Jail-for-False-Rape-Accusation-Rolls-Eyes-in-Court-491565291.html

Woman Sentenced to Jail for False Rape Accusation Rolls Eyes in Court

Putinbot1
I don't disagree, false rape accusations are terrible, these arevstill a fraction of recorded rapes, crimes must always be investigated and mistakes happen.

Bentley
Well, someone asked earlier if women ever got convicted on false accusations and that's a lot of proof of how they do.

shiv
that last story:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6091983/Woman-false-rape-claim-gets-1-year-jail.html

that sentence tho

Putinbot1
Well, someone asked earlier if women ever got convicted on false accusations and that's a lot of proof of how they do. Good point.

SquallX

jaden_2.0
I don't lie about not raping no people none of the time.

HumbleServant
We should't focus on people lying about rape but focus on helping everyone who said they were raped.

dadudemon
Originally posted by HumbleServant
We should't focus on people lying about rape but focus on helping everyone who said they were raped.

Okay. Sounds decent.

So what do we do to help? Do we make some laws to where we offer free counseling for victims? Do we setup committees to determine the veracity of claims even if the accused gets acquitted?

HumbleServant
Laws for free counseling sounds like a very good start.

dadudemon
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Laws for free counseling sounds like a very good start.

Alright. And I won't be disengenous by asking you how we will pay for that counseling.

Will that state-sponsored counseling be admissible in court during cases for cases that have not been settled in criminal court cases?

Also, will your suggested law have provisions in it to specify quality of counselors that can be part of that program? And will you have provisions that avoid the corruption of pretend counselors and pretend victims who are just milking the system for money (Similar to what Medicare experienced with Durable Medical Equipment claims here they were filing fraudulent DME claims and getting huge payouts)?

Tell me more about your ideas. I like where this convo is going.

Surtur
Well, someone asked earlier if women ever got convicted on false accusations and that's a lot of proof of how they do.

I'm glad to see some get punished...even if most of the examples are from another country. He also posted the same story more than once, but meh.

Surtur
Originally posted by shiv
that last story:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6091983/Woman-false-rape-claim-gets-1-year-jail.html

that sentence tho

Yeah the sentence is waaaay too short.

Btw this link is the same story as this one:

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Woman-Sentenced-to-Jail-for-False-Rape-Accusation-Rolls-Eyes-in-Court-491565291.html

shiv
Hey Kal

had to check I read it right (had to verify I didn't read it wrong).

Surtur
She Accused Him Of Rape. Text Messages Proved It Was A Lie.

She deserves several years in prison. Show of hands...who thinks she'll get that?

Putinbot1
Someone mentions how he was cuck ed by his ex and he starts bumping anti women threads... haha

Putinbot1
Rape isn't that common, neither is lying about it.

Surtur
Someone mentions how he was cuck ed by his ex and he starts bumping anti women threads... haha

^Triggered and creating imaginary wins. You just can't help yourself. This story was posted today, thus the reason it got...posted today.

And this thread isn't anti-women. It's anti women who lie about rape.

Putinbot1
^Triggered and creating imaginary wins. You just can't help yourself. This story was posted today, thus the reason it got...posted today.

And this thread isn't anti-women. It's anti women who lie about rape. mate tell me what you do all day... have you got anything of your own?

Jmanghan
Just wanted to bump this and wanted to say something.

As a fairly large man, I live in fear of being accused of rape. God forbid it happens, I'm not sure why but it's actually crippling horrifying to the point I think about it on a daily basis.

Women, dudes, don't lie about rape, even if the person loses the case you will ruin their life forever, friends will ditch them, some people won't hire them, and if they do have a job they could get fired from it.

Surtur
Jman raped me.

Putinbot1
Jman raped me. him too?

Surtur
him too?

https://i.imgur.com/iJgq61v.jpg

Putinbot1
https://i.imgur.com/iJgq61v.jpg You must be gaping.

Surtur
And he laughed, oh he laughed. Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter.

Adam_PoE
You must be gaping.

Do you know something about Jmanghan that we don't?

Raptor22
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Just wanted to bump this and wanted to say something.

As a fairly large man, I live in fear of being accused of rape. God forbid it happens, I'm not sure why but it's actually crippling horrifying to the point I think about it on a daily basis.

Women, dudes, don't lie about rape, even if the person loses the case you will ruin their life forever, friends will ditch them, some people won't hire them, and if they do have a job they could get fired from it. im sry u stress out about these things. Ive always found it best to try not stress out about things that are beyond ur control. And i wouldnt worry too much about being big increasing ur chances. Im freaking massive (6'6" 250-270 lbs) and i doubt there is a single person that ive known in my 35 years that would believe for a second that i raped someone if accused.

Just do ur best to keep being a good person and you'll be fine.

MythLord
https://wgno.com/2018/08/09/man-who-tied-up-sexually-assaulted-14-year-old-girl-will-serve-no-jail-time/
This was one of many examples where even a full blown rapist didn't get his life completely ruined after the allegations. Despite the fact that he admitted he's guilty to the charges of assaulting, tieing up and raping a 14 year old girl. He didn't even serve proper jail time, as far as I know.
These entire "What If" scenarios are preventing rape victims from getting due justice. Guys are worried about false rape accusations but even people who actually committed rape walk free most of the time. There's obviously a problem if over 95% of rapists aren't in jail despite the reports:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GRAQhRnPEs0/XFQZDaqPZHI/AAAAAAAAJRE/bf9qbDpT59E_lqD_RTYqjsmz0cLoKVmYwCL0BGAYYCw/h427/2019-02-01.png
Yeah, I'm sure people are so eager to report false rape accusations when literally only 46 out of over 200 reports actually lead to arrest, and even less to actual punishment.

I am not saying false rape accusations don't happen -- they do and they are awful and they should be punished. But people often use it to undermine actual rape cases and that's just not ok.
If you're afraid of something as unlikely as false rape accusations, imagine how afraid women are from something statistically far more likely to happen and far less likely to get properly resolved in court.

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
https://wgno.com/2018/08/09/man-who-tied-up-sexually-assaulted-14-year-old-girl-will-serve-no-jail-time/
This was one of many examples where even a full blown rapist didn't get his life completely ruined after the allegations. Despite the fact that he admitted he's guilty to the charges of assaulting, tieing up and raping a 14 year old girl. He didn't even serve proper jail time, as far as I know.
These entire "What If" scenarios are preventing rape victims from getting due justice. Guys are worried about false rape accusations but even people who actually committed rape walk free most of the time. There's obviously a problem if over 95% of rapists aren't in jail despite the reports:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GRAQhRnPEs0/XFQZDaqPZHI/AAAAAAAAJRE/bf9qbDpT59E_lqD_RTYqjsmz0cLoKVmYwCL0BGAYYCw/h427/2019-02-01.png
Yeah, I'm sure people are so eager to report false rape accusations when literally only 46 out of over 200 reports actually lead to arrest, and even less to actual punishment.

I am not saying false rape accusations don't happen -- they do and they are awful and they should be punished. But people often use it to undermine actual rape cases and that's just not ok.
If you're afraid of something as unlikely as false rape accusations, imagine how afraid women are from something statistically far more likely to happen and far less likely to get properly resolved in court.

Explain how it is used *often* to undermine rape cases. Just to get this out of the way, saying "Sometimes women lie about rape so we need evidence" is not an example of such a thing.

MythLord
Whenever a discussion about rape actually happens, the first thing people immediately cling to is: "What if she lies and is trying to ruin his life forever!?". And most rape cases are dismissed on such grounds, which is a major factor in why a lot of victims don't even try to report it.

I'm not saying we don't need evidence, I'm saying the whole lying about rape is too major a talking point and prevents actual victims from coming forward.

Surtur
Whenever a discussion about rape actually happens, the first thing people immediately cling to is: "What if she lies and is trying to ruin his life forever!?".

What are you basing this claim on?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Do you know something about Jmanghan that we don't? Jman is a fairly big guy.

Surtur
Jman raped me and for the duration of it I identified as female sooo you gotta believe in me and my rape.

Rape! I was raaaaped!

The first motherf*cker who asks me what I was wearing is gonna get a papercut to their index finger RIGHT on the spot where it will open up the cut every time you bend it.

MythLord
The first motherf*cker who asks me what I was wearing is gonna get a papercut to their index finger RIGHT on the spot where it will open up the cut every time you bend it.
That is awful. That's like a mini-hell for your finger.

samhain
Jman, it's unfortunate that you think so much about this happening to you, but in the same way society tells women how to safeguard against sexual attacks, I do think men should be educated in how to limit the already limited possibility of this happening. A lot of men I say that to seem to think I'm saying; 'You're probably a rapist so you need to learn discipline.' But adopting different methods of socialising in no way means that that person's old methods were wrong.

I also think society still judges women for wanting to have sex, enjoying sex and actively seeking sex far less than it does men which IMO keeps a lot of women thinking that they need to let the man do all the chasing and she has to wait until he's done enough to warrant her saying; 'Okay, fine, let's have sex.' Which unfortunately breeds the attitude of thinking that a 'no' from a woman in a bar or a party is only a temporary 'no' and if you keep picking the lock you'll get in eventually.

Also Jman, you should be careful somewhat as the type of woman who would fabricate a sexual assault would obviously be just as predatory as a rapist and predatory people are great at spotting when someone is uncomfortable in a situation and can pounce, people are animals after all. One thing I do is spend as little time as possible talking to negative women who have nothing good to say about anything or anyone, I prefer the happy, bubbly type who can talk about anything, they don't seem the type to make a false claim.

Adam_PoE
Jman is a fairly big guy.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/3dc4f834e467686a9e7839d3ab5e6b3d/tumblr_mok9vx8KS51spey9uo1_250.gif

Putinbot1
http://66.media.tumblr.com/3dc4f834e467686a9e7839d3ab5e6b3d/tumblr_mok9vx8KS51spey9uo1_250.gif last time I did that, I got banned from tinder (joke), she didn't report me.

Jmanghan

If you're afraid of something as unlikely as false rape accusations, imagine how afraid women are from something statistically far more likely to happen and far less likely to get properly resolved in court. I think it depends on your friend group tbh. some people are scumbags and dont give a **** or just outright are in denial about it.

Robtard

So in short, this answers the thread. How common are false rape allegations: Not very common at all.

Can also add, how common is it for a rapist to get away with it: Very common

Certain people here won't like this; it busts their world view.

Flyattractor
Yeah cause Graphs Never Lie!!!

Jmanghan
So in short, this answers the thread. How common are false rape allegations: Not very common at all.

Can also add, how common is it for a rapist to get away with it: Very common

Certain people here won't like this; it busts their world view. Rob you have to factor in how many people lie about rape and even go to the police about it and how much is actually released to the public.

Thats impossible to point out.

Flyattractor
Kind of like how The Left says EveryOne needs to Go to College and then have studies put out saying 1 in 3 Women WILL BE RAPED will at College.

That is a Nasty Stat.

Robtard
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Rob you have to factor in how many people lie about rape and even go to the police about it and how much is actually released to the public.

Thats impossible to point out.

I don't think "lying about rape" is some pandemic. Sure, it happens and that's very shitty. But compared to how many actual rapes (that we know of, as rape is something that some people keep secret out of shame, fear of rejection, fear of being blamed, fear of not being believed), it's very small by comparison.

dadudemon
Whenever a discussion about rape actually happens, the first thing people immediately cling to is: "What if she lies and is trying to ruin his life forever!?". And most rape cases are dismissed on such grounds, which is a major factor in why a lot of victims don't even try to report it.

Really?

I found lots of research on this.

But it was only until I came across the most recent research that I found significantly different results that seem to match much more closely with reports from ER Nurses.

Looks like false accusations come to 40%.

And the Pentagon finds it to be closer to 20% for military personnel.

NB4 "Citation needed"

I'll give you some breadcrumbs: it was from 2017. Odd that the often cited 2% is from 1975.

Surtur
That is awful. That's like a mini-hell for your finger.

I'm always walking around strapped with at least one piece of loose leaf on me.

SquallX
Really?

But it was only until I came across the most recent research that I found significantly different results that seem to match much more closely with reports from ER Nurses.

NB4 "Citation needed"

I'll give you some breadcrumbs: it was from 2017. Odd that the often cited 2% is from 1975.

For the Military, that number dropped by a good hundreds when it came to reporting rape.

Funny thing, most rape in the Military is not male female, but male on male. Male on male is not widely known because most men finds it emasculating to report such a thing.

Robtard
Funny thing, most rape in the Military is not male female, but male on male. Male on male is not widely known because most men finds it emasculating to report such a thing.

I don't find male on male rape funny. Maybe that's just me.

FunFact: The majority of both active and retired US military personal identify as Republican smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Really?

NB4 "Citation needed"

Campaigns always churn out figures like "1 in 4" women on campus are sexually assaulted or whatever. I once pointed out to a school administrator that the stat is based on a 30-year-old questionnaire survey that is completely outdated and terrible research. It also flies in the face of all common sense.

Imagine if a QUARTER of women were sexually assaulted? Some claim it's half! Wtf? We're not living in the wild wild west. That statistic doesn't even make sense to me.

Your statistic doesn't surprise me. You know why? Because women AND men are people. Men can be real scumbags and sexually assault women (And women can assault men). Women can be real scumbags and lie about rape. Or even worse, have sex with someone, and then regret it afterward.

Let me f*cking tell you, people have a hard time swallowing the last two sentences. And if you ask around, you'll realize that the shit is WAAAY more common than people would like you to believe. Jmang has every right to be scared. I have a folder on an external drive documenting all my text messages with females that I don't tell anyone about, just in case.

I use to think that shit was crazy. Then a chick told the cops she was too drunk to give consent and she was "technically" raped by my best friend. She was also mad because she had herpes and he gave it to her. Shit was like something out of a bad reddit post. She came on to him, he drove her home in the morning, and she even bought him breakfast. But he rbombed her and just said f*ck it. The best part? The files the lawyer received of her initial interview with the police, revealed she had sex with another dude three days before him unprotected (We all wear protection for clubs rats and don't have herpes. Hmmm).

Listen up dudes, PROTIP. Unless you decide to use a fake name, f*ck a chick, and never see her, I highly suggest you get a phone number, and send a casual text that solidifies that you guys had a great time, and you would love to see her again. Just in case!

Also, in Canada, the shit is f*cked. It cost him 10gs, and the prosecutor dropped it the first day of deposition. What pisses me off, as far as the barrister told him, they have no choice but to pursue this to the full extent of the law for optics. But if by some chance it does go to trial, you don't want to risk it on a shit public attorney.

I was there, it was an AP. There were like 5 witnesses, he had a brief text convo and a receipt for the food she bought. Her story was fragile. It still cost my good friend an arm/leg and a shit load of stress. This shit is all, it RARELY happens until it happens to you and someone close to you.

If you were to ask my friend, would he rather be forced to s*ck a dick at gunpoint, or go through that shit, he might very well take the former. Because that shit goes on for MONTHS. Everything is so slow and arduous. God forbid anyone finds out. Luckily no one did, and the crown was hella quick to seal everything. They weren't supposed to give them the medical records that she had herpes. It was non-pertinent information.

That last bit, I have trouble understanding. On one hand, being a hoe doesn't mean you shouldn't be getting the full support of the law, (Unfortunately, some people, especially scumbag dudes, think this) but counting it as non-pertinent? I'm sorry, but past-behaviour is an excellent predictor of future behaviour or mental stability/maturity.

This is one of those situations, where, if you know someone was raped or had a false-accusation, it becomes a real hot topic. It can get very personal. Shit's traumatic. People are shitty, women just like men. So I wouldn't be surprised if like 40% of allegations were false. That completely destroy's the narrative some people push. I think it comes from a good place, like, if it's not completely lopsided in one-direction, we'll go back to the days of rape-victims being laughed out of police station. But it's not the 1940s anymore. We can find some balance.

Adam_PoE
Or just have better judgment and not **** psychos.

Emperordmb
Don't victim blame Adam

Silent Master

instead of blaming the victim how about we just teach women not to be psychos?

Emperordmb
Yes. We should make a make-up advertisement about how evil women are.

Rage.Of.Olympus

1) This is such a lazy response, and so ironic, I'm going to let all the easy retorts slide.
2) Do you have a gizmo that can detect how psycho people are? You don't even know anyone until 6 months tbh. And casual hook-up on first dates is rising astronomically in younger generations.
3) Here's a shocker: People are good at hiding their feelings, and putting up a facade. You know who in general are particularly adept at putting up a facade, especially emotionally? Women.
4) Some people don't start out psychos. Things just turn bad, and they refuse to self-reflect and take responsibility. Imagine getting dumped, or feeling used, because the guy you liked only wanted to have sex with you and leave? What if he made it clear, and you agreed, but you thought you could change his mind? Now you're crying, pissed and hurt, and some people are calling you a whore. Buuuuut what if you say you were drunk and coerced? Now everyone is saying you got raped. You start getting attention and sympathy. It's an addicting feeling. You start believing your own story.

I just made that fourth point up on the spot, but it's not exactly mind-boggling to imagine. Why? Women are human. Those same emotions have run through me in different aspects. If guys had this sort of trump card, 100% they'd abuse it too. Maybe even more than woman do atm.

But saying don't f*ck psychos is like saying don't go near rapists. Super useless and impractical advice that contributes nothing to the problem facing the average person, and tbh, you should go to your room and reflect on your intellectual laziness.

I am a big believer in taking responsibility for your actions. I think you need to adapt to your environment. Therefore guys need to learn to very quickly vet a girl in a few minutes if they intend on casual sex. I also know I've exposed to the dark-side and most people, ESPECIALLY teenage boys aren't reading body language and watching for habits as they walk across the room to vet someone. But that shouldn't be a reason to get shit on.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
2) Do you have a gizmo that can detect how psycho people are? You don't even know anyone until 6 months tbh. And casual hook-up on first dates is rising astronomically in younger generations.
LOL the irony. Several months ago I got into an argument with him where I was arguing that casual sex wasn't a good thing kek

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think people should have the freedom to do whatever they want, but the older I get, the more I read, and the more statistics I observe, the more I realize, that while things, on the whole, are improving significantly for large swaths of the global population....most people are horrible with freedom and unstructured time.

So it's a bit of a double-edged sword. I love casual sex, and its fun but I have noticed that it has affected my ability to form pair-bonding to some extent. I mean, it just comes with the territory. If you hook up with 153 chicks, and 45 of them were in relationships, you're pretty goddamn weary of relationships at a point. My ability to trust a woman could easily be severely damaged if I wasn't consciously choosing to not make pre-conceived notions. And I'm sure women say the same of men. And so out of a desire to not commit to resources to an endeavour that is subconsciously seen as a failure, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I think abundance and easy access has damaged something that was at one-point very special and emotional. I sound like a religious dude, but I'm really not. I can understand why institutions like the church and state were designed to encourage monogamous relationships for the good of society as a whole and for the benefit of the populace. Because it's easy to be dumb and indulgent and a vast majority of people are indulgent and dumb. I don't know how you solve this without the logical consequence being a totalitarian state? More education, more focus on spiritual enlightenment?

Normally I wouldn't care, but the rising divorce rates, rising report of false rape allegations, astronomical increases of single-mother children, falling birth-rates and increased depression, is going to be an increasingly larger burden on society. At some point you have to be like, ok, people can f*ck who they want, but perhaps some guidance and incentive to stay on a specific path? My rule of thumb is what's best for the children. A society's success in the long-term is defined as it's the ability to successfully rear competent and well-composed children at a consistent rate.

The nuclear family seems to have been by far, the most successful model. Just by BEING in a household with two parents, dramatically increases the success of a child. If casual rampant sex damages this, it's gotta be tempered. And I don't care about how much people b*tch about the patriarchy, women are human, and like men, if given unstructured freedom, an increasingly larger amount of them will abuse it for stupid shit, like casual sex resulting in unwanted pregnancies or abortions. Dudes gotta step up their game, so do women.

Emperordmb
I think people should have the freedom to do whatever they want, but the older I get, the more I read, and the more statistics I observe, the more I realize, that while things, on the whole, are improving significantly for large swaths of the global population....most people are horrible with freedom and unstructured time.

So it's a bit of a double-edged sword. I love casual sex, and its fun but I have noticed that it has affected my ability to form pair-bonding to some extent. I mean, it just comes with the territory. If you hook up with 153 chicks, and 45 of them were in relationships, you're pretty goddamn weary of relationships at a point. My ability to trust a woman could easily be severely damaged if I wasn't consciously choosing to not make pre-conceived notions. And I'm sure women say the same of men. And so out of a desire to not commit to resources to an endeavour that is subconsciously seen as a failure, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I think abundance and easy access has damaged something that was at one-point very special and emotional. I sound like a religious dude, but I'm really not. I can understand why institutions like the church and state were designed to encourage monogamous relationships for the good of society as a whole and for the benefit of the populace. Because it's easy to be dumb and indulgent and a vast majority of people are indulgent and dumb. I don't know how you solve this without the logical consequence being a totalitarian state? More education, more focus on spiritual enlightenment?

Normally I wouldn't care, but the rising divorce rates, rising report of false rape allegations, astronomical increases of single-mother children, falling birth-rates and increased depression, is going to be an increasingly larger burden on society. At some point you have to be like, ok, people can f*ck who they want, but perhaps some guidance and incentive to stay on a specific path? My rule of thumb is what's best for the children. A society's success in the long-term is defined as it's the ability to successfully rear competent and well-composed children at a consistent rate.

The nuclear family seems to have been by far, the most successful model. Just by BEING in a household with two parents, dramatically increases the success of a child. If casual rampant sex damages this, it's gotta be tempered. And I don't care about how much people b*tch about the patriarchy, women are human, and like men, if given unstructured freedom, an increasingly larger amount of them will abuse it for stupid shit, like casual sex resulting in unwanted pregnancies or abortions. Dudes gotta step up their game, so do women.
thumb up

Also yeah I agree with you about the freedom to have casual sex, it's just not behavior I morally approve of.

Full disclosure though I am a Christian. I'm not going to pretend to be someone with no religious influence in my stance here.

Flyattractor
thumb up

Also yeah I agree with you about the freedom to have casual sex, it's just not behavior I morally approve of.

Full disclosure though I am a Christian. I'm not going to pretend to be someone with no religious influence in my stance here.

thumb up

TheIndyJedi
Well the thing is, feminists will lie about the statistic and say only 2% of rape accusations are false.

However, the actual statistic is from a meta-analysis that says 2-8% of rape accusations were proven to be false.

So not only is this deceptive by providing only the low end estimate, but those are only the ones that could be proven to be false.

A more accurate statement than "only 2% of rape accusations are false" would be "at the very very least 2-10% of rape accusations are false"

In over half of rape cases IIRC the accusation can't be proven true or false.

What's truly disgusting about this is that feminists will use the "women don't lie about rape" claim to try and undermine due process so that a person's life can be destroyed by an unproven allegation.

Indeed feminists are a joke. I remember that one time when Brie Larson ( the actress who plays Captain Marvel), got overly sensitive just because some male journalist smiled at her. And then she started spouting shit on twitter like "to live life as a woman, is to live life in defense", just because a male simply smiled at her.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Indeed feminists are a joke. I remember that one time when Brie Larson ( the actress who plays Captain Marvel), got overly sensitive just because some male journalist smiled at her. And then she started spouting shit on twitter like "to live life as a woman, is to live life in defense", just because a male simply smiled at her. Feminism in itself isn't BS, it's just the dumb-ass extremists who believe men should be abolished and the simple act of giving women any attention is heresy.

Surtur

Yeah, and these ladies need to have better judgement and not wear such short skirts, amirite brah?! And if they insist on wearing short skirts they BEST not act in a way that turns the rape into a murder, cuz that death is on their hands then.

Adam_PoE
1) This is such a lazy response, and so ironic, I'm going to let all the easy retorts slide.
3) Here's a shocker: People are good at hiding their feelings, and putting up a facade. You know who in general are particularly adept at putting up a facade, especially emotionally? Women.
4) Some people don't start out psychos. Things just turn bad, and they refuse to self-reflect and take responsibility. Imagine getting dumped, or feeling used, because the guy you liked only wanted to have sex with you and leave? What if he made it clear, and you agreed, but you thought you could change his mind? Now you're crying, pissed and hurt, and some people are calling you a whore. Buuuuut what if you say you were drunk and coerced? Now everyone is saying you got raped. You start getting attention and sympathy. It's an addicting feeling. You start believing your own story.

I just made that fourth point up on the spot, but it's not exactly mind-boggling to imagine. Why? Women are human. Those same emotions have run through me in different aspects. If guys had this sort of trump card, 100% they'd abuse it too. Maybe even more than woman do atm.

But saying don't f*ck psychos is like saying don't go near rapists. Super useless and impractical advice that contributes nothing to the problem facing the average person, and tbh, you should go to your room and reflect on your intellectual laziness.

I am a big believer in taking responsibility for your actions. I think you need to adapt to your environment. Therefore guys need to learn to very quickly vet a girl in a few minutes if they intend on casual sex. I also know I've exposed to the dark-side and most people, ESPECIALLY teenage boys aren't reading body language and watching for habits as they walk across the room to vet someone. But that shouldn't be a reason to get shit on.

It is not a lazy response, it is an accurate one. There are any number of people, even on this board, who have lots of casual sex, and the number of times this has happened to them is zero. But keep being afraid of women and sex.

Adam_PoE
Don't victim blame Adam

Yeah, and these ladies need to have better judgement and not wear such short skirts, amirite brah?! And if they insist on wearing short skirts they BEST not act in a way that turns the rape into a murder, cuz that death is on their hands then.

Yeah, I am not the one you want to have this argument with, because I am on the record as stating that while no one deserves to be victimized, people have a responsibility to mitigate their risks.

And if you make bad choices that lead to bad consequences, hopefully you will learn to exercise better judgment, and make better choices in the future.

Tzeentch
It's more common then people think and less common then misogynists would assert.

But ultimately it doesn't really matter. In the US we go off a system of innocence until proven guilty. If someone is to be accused of committing a crime, hearsay is not good enough to condemn that person. An argument must be presented, with evidence, and if it can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the individual is guilty then they should be left alone and be treated by society as if they're innocent.

Weighing in on the other discussion going on: there is literally nothing wrong with victim blaming. An intelligent mind can acknowledge multiple truths at the same time. If a girl is raped while walking home from work, a smart person can acknowledge that rape is bad, rapists are bad people and you should be able to walk anywhere at any time while butt naked and not have to worry about being assaulted, while simultaneously acknowledging that if you are a 5'3 110 pound woman and you choose to walk home by yourself in the middle of the night you're probably an idiot and what happened to you could have probably been prevented if you had taken precautions.

Victim blaming is only problematic when it's used as a smokescreen to obfuscate discussion about an important topic. I can acknowledge that a girl who walks through a sheisty neighborhood at night by herself and gets mugged is a retard, but I can not use her retardation to absolve the mugger of his crime. It's still a crime, it's still not okay and society still needs to have a dialogue on how we can make our environment safer for innocent (and sometimes retarded) people to live their lives.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Tzeentch
It's more common then people think and less common then misogynists would assert.

But ultimately it doesn't really matter. In the US we go off a system of innocence until proven guilty. If someone is to be accused of committing a crime, hearsay is not good enough to condemn that person. An argument must be presented, with evidence, and if it can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the individual is guilty then they should be left alone and be treated by society as if they're innocent.

Weighing in on the other discussion going on: there is literally nothing wrong with victim blaming. An intelligent mind can acknowledge multiple truths at the same time. If a girl is raped while walking home from work, a smart person can acknowledge that rape is bad, rapists are bad people and you should be able to walk anywhere at any time while butt naked and not have to worry about being assaulted, while simultaneously acknowledging that if you are a 5'3 110 pound woman and you choose to walk home by yourself in the middle of the night you're probably an idiot and what happened to you could have probably been prevented if you had taken precautions.

Victim blaming is only problematic when it's used as a smokescreen to obfuscate discussion about an important topic. I can acknowledge that a girl who walks through a sheisty neighborhood at night by herself and gets mugged is a retard, but I can not use her retardation to absolve the mugger of his crime. It's still a crime, it's still not okay and society still needs to have a dialogue on how we can make our environment safer for innocent (and sometimes retarded) people to live their lives.

I agree with this post and the underlined is a great method that we should all strive to achieve and which I, as a logical person, fully support, but in practice, for this particular crime, it is not the case. Not in the current climate.

And I think as a result, the worst type of people will attempt to use it to their advantage. The Kavanaugh appointment to me was particularly worrying.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

cdtm
Looks like the voice actor of that Dragon Ball Broly movie was just accused, and summarily fired.

A poster commented it's funny how this came out, just after the movies success. I suppose it is... I'm not sure if that means it's a lie, or if it means the allegation itself was suppressed until the movie cycle finish's up, so it doesn't hurt the box office.

On the general topic, I keep waffling beteeen thinking some of these allegations are lies to hurt careers, and that every single one is true and things are far worse then people realize, and have been for a long time.

I'm leaning more towards the second one. What will people do when they think they won't get caught?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.