When did all this non binary gender become an issue?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
I'll be honest, more than two genders is not something I'd ever thought of. Not saying it's scientifically wrong or right and certainly not restricting how people choose to see themselves or be seen.

It suddenly become an issue, was it alway an issue? Did I just miss it?

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I'll be honest, more than two genders is not something I'd ever thought of. Not saying it's scientifically wrong or right and certainly not restricting how people choose to see themselves or be seen.

It suddenly become an issue, was it alway an issue? Did I just miss it?

When fits were thrown cuz grown men were being denied the ability to piss and shit in the ladies room is probably around the time this became an issue. This first really stirred up 3-4 years ago.

Impediment
When lunatics began to ignore basic biology.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur
When fits were thrown cuz grown men were being denied the ability to piss and shit in the ladies room is probably around the time this became an issue. This first really stirred up 3-4 years ago.

Putinbot1
InInteresting, why do you think it bevome a thing so quickly?

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment
When lunatics began to ignore basic biology.

https://i.imgur.com/ZpXG96P.gif

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Impediment
When lunatics began to ignore basic biology. what are your thoughts on trans men and women imp.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Putinbot1
InInteresting, why do you think it bevome a thing so quickly?

YouTubers.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
YouTubers. always a good point. When it comes to new ideas.

dadudemon
This Trans thing has been an issue since the early 90s.

SNL did a skit on it in the early 90s with so much relevant buzzwords that it seems like it came out in 2014.

This became a thing when political correctness took off in the late 80s and resulted in the ultra-PC culture in the education and professional world in the early 90s. It has continued on since then.

The true origins were the civil rights movements.

Gartner has a Hype Cycle for technology and I think these social trends sometimes follow the Hype Cycle:

https://i.imgur.com/QQjb6ZL.jpg

With a long leading but slowing building beginning from the 50s until the explosion in the 80s. And you can clearly see the trough of disillusionment in the late 90s where super edgy humor, movies, and video games backlashed against the PC movement.

jaden_2.0
"slope of enlightenment"

Lol.

https://www.buddhistdoor.net/upload/file/20180205/16015/5b29a152d258189ad30ea20b21e031a4_715__2.jpeg

dadudemon
"slope of enlightenment"

Lol.

https://www.buddhistdoor.net/upload/file/20180205/16015/5b29a152d258189ad30ea20b21e031a4_715__2.jpeg

lol!

Gartner has to sell their models somehow.

cdtm
YouTubers.

But how does an entertainment option (Social media, online streaming) translate into policy action in the legislative offices, and the universities?

Like Putinbot1, I'm not sure how these things become "things". But I'm most interested in how things become things with real consequences, if they are ignored. How "raising awareness" turns in to policy initiatives that cause people to lose their jobs, for example.

Adam_PoE
36egVNVBqZU

Impediment

Bashar Teg
Your confusing sex and gender

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by cdtm

Like Putinbot1, I'm not sure how these things become "things". But I'm most interested in how things become things with real consequences, if they are ignored. How "raising awareness" turns in to policy initiatives that cause people to lose their jobs, for example.

But they're not ignored. A big part of the perpetuation of it is prominent YouTubers who are anti-sjw and have far larger followings than the sjws themselves. Unfortunately for them a lot of them have been pigeonholed as right wing which then allows the sjw contingent to then cry they are being victimised by bigots and need legal protection to prevent it. Thus it gets into legislation.

If they actually we're ignored the sjws wouldn't be able to play the victim.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
36egVNVBqZU

So now we can look forward to SHIT becoming an Actual Gender now?

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Your confusing sex and gender

our first Shit Person!!!!!

Robtard

cdtm
More or less, it's the term you use if Butch or Tomboy is offensive (Although I've personally seen women proudly refer to themselves as butch, but offense varies from person to person.. and of course, the male designations tend to be nothing but offensive, like "sissyboy"..)

Flyattractor
That is probably cause Guys still find "Tomboys" Hot and Attractive.

Girls don't normally feel the same about "Sissyboys".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.