The Great Wall Shutdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Anyone that participates in this thread, please be composed, objective and nonpartisan.

Since we are shut down over this wall, the Dems don't want to give Trump any border wall funding because they don't want to cave.

Trump wants the wall because it was a campaign promise.

Regardless of what side your own, let's discuss the actual wall.

Why are you for or against it, present your argument in a rational fashion.

Please leave out nonstarters as it "costs too much, or it's immoral." The US has spent far more on dumb things with less impact than $5 billion on a wall. And the US has done for more immoral things like running guns to Mexican drug cartels.

riv6672
Nvrmnd, i thought this was about THE Great Wall.

cdtm
Horrible movie. thumb down

riv6672
I rather liked it.

SquallX

Surtur
I'm in favor of a wall if we could build an effective one that won't cost an astronomical amount of money.

carthage

BrolyBlack
^perfrct example of the type of posting I asked you not to.

truejedi
Environmental impact of a wall is something to be considered. People agent the only things living on This planet

SquallX

SquallX
Originally posted by truejedi
Environmental impact of a wall is something to be considered. People agent the only things living on This planet

I call bullshit. What environmental considerations are those? What environmental impact did the Great Wall have on the Earth?

truejedi
Https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/energy-and-environment/2017/4/10/14471304/trump-border-wall-animals

And more than animals, what about the idea of putting a man made wall in previously pristine environments?

I'm also against a wall because I'm not against letting refugees into the country..

cdtm

Emperordmb
I can understand some practical criticism of the wall or spending that much money on it.

It's the moral outrage over it that I can't understand, it seems really autistic and makes me think some of the democrats are morally opposed to stopping illegal immigration.

cdtm
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I can understand some practical criticism of the wall or spending that much money on it.

It's the moral outrage over it that I can't understand, it seems really autistic and makes me think some of the democrats are morally opposed to stopping illegal immigration.

Politicians seem to follow along with whatever the news is doing, and "refugees" vs "invaders" is the current trend.

I mean, it would be nice to talk about helping refugees, and stop human trafficking, child prostitution, and indentured servitude, and have some degree of security, as if these weren't partisan issues.

Who really wants to leave people to death squads? And who thinks kidnapped people don't deserve help?

Tzeentch
- It would be extremely expensive in a time where all arrows point toward an oncoming economic downturn.

- Republicans claim to be the party of small government that hates frivolous government spending and constantly complains about all the money "wasted" on programs like welfare, low-income housing, medicaid etc, but its spokesmen are advocating for a project that will balloon government spending for years.

- Arguments for the wall actually doing something is shaky at best. Something like 80% of illegal immigrants enter the country by entering legally via work visas, vacation etc and then staying once their allowed visitation time ends. So you're asking for a solution that might have minimal effect on the problem while having a high cost.

Lord Lucien
I'm in favour of the wall. It will force all the smugglers and sneaks to develop their skills and hone their border-crossing abilities. Like a negligent overuse of antibiotics, this extremely expensive border decoration will create a species of SUPER illegal immigrants, who can evade and hide from the authorities with an enhanced understanding of subterfuge and fence-dodging. A master race of criminals who sneak into the U.S. while all eyes are on the Aggro Wall.

BackFire
The wall will essentially just be a $20+ billion symbol (the wall won't cost $5 billion) to the rest of the world, it has no practical use and will be ineffective at securing the border. It serves no function on its own, and is easily defeated by a $40 ladder, or other means. DDM has made various posts and provided a good deal of evidence as to why the wall won't be effective, showing how easy it will be for people to go over it or under it, thus, the only way it actually improves border security is if there is an increase in border agents to guard it, but an increase in border agents alone would also improve border security by probably the same amount. As such, I'd much rather money be spent on hiring more and better border agents, and supplying them with improved training, tech and tools to protect the border. The wall itself is pointless and stupid.

Besides, wasn't Mexico supposed to pay for it?

cdtm
Originally posted by BackFire
The wall will essentially just be a $20+ billion symbol (the wall won't cost $5 billion) to the rest of the world, it has no practical use and will be ineffective at securing the border. It serves no function on its own, and is easily defeated by a $40 ladder, or other means. DDM has made various posts and provided a good deal of evidence as to why the wall won't be effective, showing how easy it will be for people to go over it or under it, thus, the only way it actually improves border security is if there is an increase in border agents to guard it, but an increase in border agents alone would also improve border security by probably the same amount. As such, I'd much rather money be spent on hiring more and better border agents, and supplying them with improved training, tech and tools to protect the border. The wall itself is pointless and stupid.

Besides, wasn't Mexico supposed to pay for it?

Mexico was, indeed, supposed to pay for it.

In Trumps defense, I don't think it's in his nature to consider that someone will ever say "No. Whatcha gonna do about it?" And that there wouldn't actually be a damned thing he can do about it.

BackFire
Yes, I agree, Trump's an idiot.

Eternal Idol
EKq3wpi8IBU

Adam_PoE
Except the Great Wall did not keep the Mongols out of China. If that is your example, then wanting to build a border wall for security after its spectacular failure would be retarded.

That is the same line of argument conservatives make against common sense gun laws. I am glad you agree they are retarded.

SquallX

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE
So what you are saying is that people will just enter the country another way, as the majority already do, or they will just go around the wall. I agree, that is why a wall is a dumb idea.

But people who are determined to get into the country will find a way, just as people who are determined to get a gun will find a way. So why build a wall or have gun laws?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm in favor of a wall if we could build an effective one that won't cost an astronomical amount of money.

Landmines.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
So what you are saying is that people will just enter the country another way, as the majority already do, or they will just go around the wall. I agree, that is why a wall is a dumb idea.

But people who are determined to get into the country will find a way, just as people who are determined to get a gun will find a way. So why build a wall or have gun laws?

So Yes. We should just stop Enforcing All Laws cause lets face it. People want to break them.

Like Gays Raping Children. We shouldn't stop that.

Gawd Adam is a Horrible Person at times.

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Landmines.

blowup

Flyattractor
Landmines.

Some of these would be fun to put in there too.

https://captainapathy.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/sentryguns2.jpg

snowdragon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I'm in favour of the wall. It will force all the smugglers and sneaks to develop their skills and hone their border-crossing abilities. Like a negligent overuse of antibiotics, this extremely expensive border decoration will create a species of SUPER illegal immigrants, who can evade and hide from the authorities with an enhanced understanding of subterfuge and fence-dodging. A master race of criminals who sneak into the U.S. while all eyes are on the Aggro Wall.

Finally, immigrants worthy of living in the US!

riv6672

Silent Master
Adam is a moron, why would you cite him?

riv6672
Originally posted by Silent Master
Adam is a moron, why would you cite him?
A guy w. funny hair who has his own TV show to refute a guy w. funny hair who had his own TV show.

Seeme apropos.

truejedi
I kinda think this was an \thread kinda post.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Mexico was, indeed, supposed to pay for it.

In Trumps defense, I don't think it's in his nature to consider that someone will ever say "No. Whatcha gonna do about it?" And that there wouldn't actually be a damned thing he can do about it.

It was dumb to say Mexico would pay for it, but I find it interesting how some continually bring this up.

Let's be honest: if tomorrow Mexico magically decided they would pay for the wall, how do you feel democrats would react? Throw their arms up in the air and go "oh fine, as long as they are paying for it!"? Is that would people think would happen?

Cuz it wouldn't lol. They call the very notion of a wall immoral. Who pays for it is irrelevant nor is the effectiveness relevant: they do not want a wall, period.

So while Trump, like a jackass, continues to pretend Mexico will pay for it you have these jackasses acting like they would be in favor of it if it was feasible. No, they really would not. It is not about money nor is it about effectiveness. It never was.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Some of these would be fun to put in there too.

https://captainapathy.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/sentryguns2.jpg

Well they did kill a lot of "aliens".

They're also a big part of why the director's cut is much more awesome.

Flyattractor
Well they did kill a lot of "aliens".

They're also a big part of why the director's cut is much more awesome.

Yes. Sadly that is a prime example of why the Wall can't be "Effective". Because We have to make sure it is a HUMANE Wall.

That is just a sign that were are a bunch of wussies to other nations.

riv6672
Originally posted by truejedi
I kinda think this was an \thread kinda post.
Ha, thanks big grin

Bentley
So while Trump, like a jackass, continues to pretend Mexico will pay for it you have these jackasses acting like they would be in favor of it if it was feasible. No, they really would not. It is not about money nor is it about effectiveness. It never was.

Again, it'd be shortsighted to take decisions of billions of dollars because how democrats would feel don't you think?

So we all agree money and effectiveness it's what decisions should take into account and not shift focus into feelings of moral validation.

Very Robtard of you to bring politic divisions into the subject though.

Surtur

Bentley
Fencing probably works to persuade people from crossing the borde for low time investment like burying in a corpse in the US.

Surtur
Somebody needs to start working on force field technology. It'll be effective, plus it'll be hilarious if the force field is invisible to the naked eye and we get to watch people continually bump into it. Tee hee.

MythLord
Ngl, I'd pay 5 billion for a force field.

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Anyone that participates in this thread, please be composed, objective and nonpartisan.

Since we are shut down over this wall, the Dems don't want to give Trump any border wall funding because they don't want to cave.

Trump wants the wall because it was a campaign promise.

Regardless of what side your own, let's discuss the actual wall.

Why are you for or against it, present your argument in a rational fashion.

Please leave out nonstarters as it "costs too much, or it's immoral." The US has spent far more on dumb things with less impact than $5 billion on a wall. And the US has done for more immoral things like running guns to Mexican drug cartels.

1) Trump's promise was that Mexico would pay for it and he'd get them to pay for it because he's the world's greatest negotiator (his words).

2) Now that 1) failed because Trump was lying, I see no reason to spends billions on something that won't really work, unless every square inch of the wall is guarded. People will go under it, through it and/or over it

3) The not upfront fees in the wall would be another HUGE financial burden year after year, as a wall needs to be guarded (see 2) and it would need to be repaired

We're better off taking that 5billion Trump is begging for because he failed on his promise to make Mexico fund the wall and using it to hire more border security, train them better, equip them with better technology (eg surveillance drones). Also, improving countries South of the border so less people want/need to come over. People won't flee a war zone if there's no war.

edit: Why aren't Trumpers holding Trump to his promise/boast here on getting Mexico to fund his project?

Robtard
Originally posted by Bentley

Very Robtard of you to bring politic divisions into the subject though.

Well, you're French.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
edit: Why aren't Trumpers holding Trump to his promise/boast here on getting Mexico to fund his project?

Like many Dems, Liberals, and libertarians did with Obama when he started breaking all of his promises.

Trumpers have until election year, 2020, to get buttmad over all the broken promises.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Like many Dems, Liberals, and libertarians did with Obama when he started breaking all of his promises.

Trumpers have until election year, 2020, to get buttmad over all the broken promises.

They're not "buttmad" though, they're blaming Democrats for not bowing down to Trump and funding his wall.

dadudemon
They're not "buttmad" though, they're blaming Democrats for not bowing down to Trump and funding his wall.

As long as Trump is vocal and shows he made a genuine effort, he will have bested Obama on some of his major broken promises.

I've said something similar, before. I am consistent with this belief.

I don't care about broken promises as much as I do about effort. A president or a congressman only has so much power.

Robtard
While I don't really have a problem with "they tried their best." sentiment on a case by case basis. Mexico was never going to pay for the wall, this was known.

dadudemon
While I don't really have a problem with "they tried their best." sentiment on a case by case basis. Mexico was never going to pay for the wall, this was known.

And he will fail in this area of the promise. At best, he can accomplish a "mostly met" on the Trump-o-meter.

Robtard
I'd say "zero met", because a promise that could never be fulfilled to begin with isn't a promise, it's a lie. It's like telling your 6yo that you're getting her a Unicorn-Pegasus pony for her 7th birthday. And yes, if you believed Trump's "I will make Mexico pay!" claims, you might as well be a 6yo.

Even if Mexico wanted to pay for the wall (they said "no" from the start), they're not in a real position to give the US 20+ billion.

Flyattractor
They can Pay for it by Us not sending them any more money. They would be sure to PAY FOR It that way.

Adam_PoE
As long as Trump is vocal and shows he made a genuine effort, he will have bested Obama on some of his major broken promises.

I've said something similar, before. I am consistent with this belief.

I don't care about broken promises as much as I do about effort. A president or a congressman only has so much power.

So Trump deserves a participation trophy now?

jaden_2.0
If walls don't work, why did we bother putting up fencing?

Cos people are dumb and would rather have a tangible visual symbol that doesn't work than something intangible yet effective.

dadudemon
I'd say "zero met", because a promise that could never be fulfilled to begin with isn't a promise, it's a lie.

That's wrong. Your Pegasus Unicorn comparison is faulty. It is a promise that could be delivered. He didn't promise to come up with warp-drive. He promised to build a US-Mexico border-wall. Some of it already exists.

This is achievable. This is doable.

Robtard
My point which I clearly focused on was the 'Mexico paying for it' aspect. That was never going to happen; it was a lie out of his lying mouth.

dadudemon
So Trump deserves a participation trophy now?

Trump?

As long as the politician makes a reasonable effort, they tried. It's stupid to expect a politician to deliver things if they are opposed every step of the way. But you should hold them accountable for efforts. That's your job as the voter.

Do you think Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will get free-college tuition implemented? What about Medicare-For-All? No? But these are her primary platform points - her fundamental promises. Are you going to equally condemn her for not delivering those within her term or are you going to be reasonable and require her to make every reasonable effort to reach those goals?

I sure wouldn't condemn her for not delivering those things. That would be stupid and idiotic. smile Wait a minute...are you stupid and idiotic? Surely not. Surely you aren't that dense...right? Surely you understand how retarded it is to use "participation trophy" as a talking point. Else you condemn every single Democrat in office. fear

dadudemon
Cos people are dumb and would rather have a tangible visual symbol that doesn't work than something intangible yet effective.

Which makes me buttmad. It's so absurdly stupid to waste that much money on a wall.

victreebelvictr
I'm in favor of a wall if we could build an effective one that won't cost an astronomical amount of money. That is why we got rid of Obamacare. wink

Putinbot1
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
That is why we got rid of Obamacare. wink Spoken like a right wing adult in his 40s

dadudemon
My point which I clearly focused on was the 'Mexico paying for it' aspect. That was never going to happen; it was a lie out of his lying mouth.

Which is only 1 element of the "Build a complete US-Mexico Border Wall."

If it gets built, even if he is out of office, the promise is Mostly-Met on the Trump-O-Meter.

If it gets built with indirect taxes to Mexico, Mexico paid the for the wall and it becomes 100% met.

I know you hate this concept and you want Trump to lose so badly but it's not an impossible scenario. It's net even slightly impossible. It's a probable scenario and we need to deal with the fact that we may waste billions of dollars on a stupid-ass wall that does nothing.

I made a thread about this. Adam_Poe wrote-up an even better list. Someone in this thread had a good quote on it: it would be symbolic, only, but do nothing but waste money.

Robtard
Indirect taxes now? Lolz. Okay then.

Reality: Mexico's not paying for it. If Mexico was in any form, Trump wouldn't have thrown a tantrum and shut down the government after making a deal with Democrats and then backing out of said deal because Rush Limbaugh and a few other Far-Right talking heads called him a pussy.

I understand that we may waste billions on a useless wall, that's not my point. It was that Mexico's not paying for it. We will. Me and you and every other working taxpayer so Trump and a minority of voters (ie Trumpers) can feel good about their inadequate sexual prowess.

dadudemon
Indirect taxes now? Lolz. Okay then.

Is this new to you? Were you not aware this was one of Trump's tactics?

This is actually what has been sold as one of the ways he will get Mexico to pay for the wall. I don't think you are unaware of this. It was a pretty big deal.

Regardless, here's Trump's Trump-O-Meter:

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Despite the fact that politifact was caught many times having a left-lean, I am still surprised at how much Truth is in Trump's scores, there. I thought Trump lied about things he didn't even need to lie about.

Robtard
Trumps said many a thing on how Mexico will pay for the wall, from "tariffs" (which isn't Mexico paying), to the wall paying for itself because Mexicans cost us whatever billions he's pulled out of his anus that day.

In the end, Mexico isn't paying for the wall, we are, if it ever gets built in the first place.

dadudemon
Trumps said many a thing on how Mexico will pay for the wall, from "tariffs" (which isn't Mexico paying), to the wall paying for itself because Mexicans cost us whatever billions he's pulled out of his anus that day.

The exporter obviously pays the tariffs. It is economically short-sighted to think that the importing country will not eventually pay for an increased tariff because the cost is increased for the good being imported.

But it's not as simple as say, "Americans pay for the tariff." No, Mexico would pay for the increased tariff. All Mexican companies would be forced to pay that tariff. And Americans may switch to American goods or other foreign goods that cost less. Which harms Mexican businesses. Americans won't magically pay for the more costly Mexican goods especially if those costs rise above American good costs.

And keeping those dollars in the US is already one of the talking points Trump has had for ages. You think Trumpers are going to be upset that we have to pay 30 cents more for some domestic avocados or $12 more for a Vizio TV that had to be manufactured in the US due to the cost-benefit not being there for Mexico? No, they will celebrate. And be happy about it.

Robtard

dadudemon

jaden_2.0
Well done, Gaylords, for making this thread ****ing boring.

dadudemon
Well done, Gaylords, for making this thread ****ing boring.

Adam_Poe already completely destroyed any semblance of a good idea that this stupid dumbass wall might be. In reality, the most important fact happened 1998 when The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's table.

Bentley
I don't think I ever mentioned this on the forum, but I agree with DDM that Trump is a actually rather good at keeping his campaign promises. He did promise a lot of bs but from day one I was pretty surprised of how adamant he was on putting effort to implement his policies. That's one thing I can't fault him for and makes him a surprisingly effective politician. If people looked at his effort at keeping his promises he could as well be reelected.

I have help this opinion pretty much since the start of his government and he hasn't failed to keep up with his efforts so far.

Adam_PoE
Trump?

As long as the politician makes a reasonable effort, they tried. It's stupid to expect a politician to deliver things if they are opposed every step of the way. But you should hold them accountable for efforts. That's your job as the voter.

Do you think Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will get free-college tuition implemented? What about Medicare-For-All? No? But these are her primary platform points - her fundamental promises. Are you going to equally condemn her for not delivering those within her term or are you going to be reasonable and require her to make every reasonable effort to reach those goals?

I sure wouldn't condemn her for not delivering those things. That would be stupid and idiotic. smile Wait a minute...are you stupid and idiotic? Surely not. Surely you aren't that dense...right? Surely you understand how retarded it is to use "participation trophy" as a talking point. Else you condemn every single Democrat in office. fear

I am sorry, did Ocasio-Cortez explicitly promise her constituents free-college the way Trump promised his the wall?

Or is this more special rules from Trump?

Because it is one thing to say, "Vote for me and I will work to establish tuition-free public college and trade schools," and "Vote for me and I will build the wall."

Surtur
Trump?

Bingo, but dipshits will try to spin it.

Robtard
I am sorry, did Ocasio-Cortez explicitly promise her constituents free-college the way Trump promised his the wall?

Because it is one thing to say, "Vote for me and I will work to establish tuition-free public college and trade schools," and "Vote for me and I will build the wall."

As long as she puts as much effort into it as farting, she'd get a pass it seems.

Trump promised the wall, he promised/boasted Mexico would pay for it and he said he'd get it done because he's the best "deal maker" in the world. "Nobody makes better deals than me."

Surtur
Lol@ this cult:

Students Slam 'Trump' Wall Quotes, Then They Learn Who Actually Said Them

I love it.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by riv6672
Nvrmnd, i thought this was about THE Great Wall.

dadudemon

Yes. erm

Are you not aware of her platform? She didn't make it a secret. She preached her platform for ages.

Medicare For All - I support this
Housing As a Human Right - I am mixed
A Peace Economy - I am mixed
A Federal Jobs Guarantee - I oppose this
Gun Control / Assault Weapons Ban - I oppose this, I want to go the opposite direction and make gun control laws federal but not as strict. But make conceal and carry laws federal but more strict than some states.
Criminal Justice Reform, End Private Prisons - Super support this
Immigration Justice / Abolish ICE - Support this. Abolish DEA as well.
Solidarity with Puerto Rico - Support this. Make them a state.
Mobilizing Against Climate Change - Support this somewhat.
Clean Campaign Finance - Support this. I go further - impolement anti corruption act which already is written and has been passed in some cities.
Higher Education / Trade School for All - I disagree mostly.
Women's Rights - Disagree with the details on this. This is a waste of time as the pendulum has swung too far the wrong way.
Support LGBTQIA+ - Depends on the details.
Support Seniors - Who doesn't support this?
Curb Wall Street Gambling: Restore Glass Steagall - I disagree. Needs to be reformed.

https://ocasio2018.com/issues

And she explains her positions on each issue. They are clickable. I've posted about her campaign platform, before, detailing which ones I agree with (which I did, above)

Yes, this is more special rules. But it is special anti-Trump rules where you don't hold Dems to the same standards you are trying to hold Trump to. TDS to the max.

No it's not. no expression

A campaign platform is a campaign platform is a campaign platform. They are all promises. Don't create special rules because you don't like the fact that your point is terrible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-promise-tracker/?utm_term=.081ce05416b9

dadudemon
As long as she puts as much effort into it as farting, she'd get a pass it seems.

Trump promised the wall, he promised/boasted Mexico would pay for it and he said he'd get it done because he's the best "deal maker" in the world. "Nobody makes better deals than me."

No, she needs to put in quite a bit of effort to get a pass. This is her full time job, now. We know the GOP will do everything in their considerable power to shoot down many of these ideas she has. But that doesn't mean she should just go golfing like Trump. She has work to do and she is represeneting many of the hopeful American people. She is a symbol of greatness for the Democratic party and no amount of protesting against her (even unintentionally like your and Adam_Poe are doing) is going to change that.

Robtard
Now I'm protesting against her? confused Okay then.

dadudemon
Now I'm protesting against her? confused Okay then.

Yup. Unintentionally, you're bringing her down with quotes like these:

"As long as she puts as much effort into it as farting, she'd get a pass it seems."

Way to mock her and unintentionally insult her. thumb up

Robtard
Oh, I wasn't mocking her, I was mocking the sentiment in regards to Trump and his wall promises, but you knew that and are trolling. No worries thumb up

dadudemon
Oh, I wasn't mocking her, I was mocking the sentiment in regards to Trump and his wall promises, but you knew that and are trolling. No worries thumb up

Yes you were mocking her. Your intentions are very clear on what you were trying to do. But in your haste to mock Trump, you ended up mocking AOC. You need to be careful with that. Don't be so quick to throw good people like AOC under the bus just because you see a quick-Trump-mock opportunity. thumb up

BrolyBlack
How hard is it to give Trump $5.7 billion dollars? If the Democrats are the adult, and Trump is the child, give him the candy and be done with it.

Robtard
How hard is it to give Trump $5.7 billion dollars? If the Democrats are the adult, and Trump is the child, give him the candy and be done with it.

Giving a screaming spoiled child something they don't deserve is awful parenting, as it only further encourages poor behavior. This is parenting 101.

If you don't believe me, ask another parent like DDM (who you trust)

Surtur

Democrats remind me of Captain Janeway from Star Trek: willing to f*ck everybody over so they can claim the moral high ground.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Giving a screaming spoiled child something they don't deserve is awful parenting, as it only further encourages poor behavior. This is parenting 101.

If you don't believe me, ask another parent like DDM (who you trust)

John Kasich your guy just said on CNN to give the $5.7 billion and be done with it.

Robtard
Democrats remind me of Captain Janeway from Star Trek: willing to f*ck everybody over so they can claim the moral high ground.

^ Literally from the guy who said today that he now doesn't want the wall because it's not feasible. Due to "technology" no less.

Robtard
John Kasich your guy just said on CNN to give the $5.7 billion and be done with it.

Kasich's one of the better Republicans, but he's wrong there in his parenting views if true.

BackFire

It's on Trump to convince people that his idea is good and worth spending money on. If he can't do that then he deserves nothing.

BrolyBlack

Robtard

BackFire
It works great because there is no one actively trying to get into your backyard.

Robtard
It works great because there is no one actively trying to get into your backyard.

heh

BrolyBlack
Yea there is, my neighbors have dogs, and I have a cat. So it keeps the dogs out. Works great.

BrolyBlack

BackFire
Well unless there is a group of migrant dogs converging on America, I don't think that's a worthwhile example.

jaden_2.0

Anyone who wants to bring drugs and cheap Mexican hookers into my back garden are more than welcome.

Robtard
So you want to build a wall that will keep out stray Mexican dogs, is what you're saying. It only needs to be like 5 feet high then and don't really bother with security patrols.

BackFire
Anyone who wants to bring drugs and cheap Mexican hookers into my back garden are more than welcome.

****in' A

BrolyBlack
Why do prisons have walls?

Robtard

Why aren't prisons 1,000+ miles long?

BrolyBlack
Ok so you answer my question with a question?

$5.7 billion is change and we wasted more on dumber things

BackFire

They have enormous fences with barbed wire and a ton of guards watching it. Without the guards it's worthless, also the prison doesn't have a 2000 mile perimeter with tons of geographical situations that make the idea of building a wall through them an impossibility, plus prisons have complete control over how long, how many, and how often the inmates are in a position to try and climb the wall.

BackFire
Ok so you answer my question with a question?

$5.7 billion is change and we wasted more on dumber things

The cost isn't that much, it's true, what's also true is to build a wall it will cost much more than $6 billion. And what with the wall not being effective, it's better to spend that money on other types of border security that might actually be effective if we're going to.

BrolyBlack

BackFire

BrolyBlack
Visa overstays need to be charged $1000 per day like in China.

Robtard
Supe, serious question. Do you actually believe Trump's mega-wall would actually work, or do you just want it to happen so Trump and Trumpers can have their symbolic win?

Robtard
Visa overstays need to be charged $1000 per day like in China.

Cool, but no one really cares about that cos the majority of Visa squatters isn't from Brown people countries. It's from White people countries like Sweden and France and Canadia.

BrolyBlack
If is monitored it can work by slowing down the illegal trespassing. It can also funnel more to points of entry.

If it doesn't work then why did Obama, Schumer, and Pelosi all vote for border fencing in 2009?

if Trump is a retard for thinking walls work, How much of a bigger retard are those three who thought a fence would work?

BrolyBlack
Cool, but no one really cares about that cos the majority of Visa squatters isn't from Brown people countries. It's from White people countries like Sweden and France and Canadia.

Charge them.

Robtard
If is monitored it can work by slowing down the illegal trespassing. It can also funnel more to points of entry.

If it doesn't work then why did Obama, Schumer, and Pelosi all vote for border fencing in 2009?

if Trump is a retard for thinking walls work, How much of a bigger retard are those three who thought a fence would work?

You're sodomizing your own point here. If you believe barriers work (and they do if used correctly, though there's always issues), why not just improve the fencing we have now? Add to it shitloads of new personal, training and cutting edge tech that will cost less than 6ish billion and even less to maintain. Why the hangup on a "new shiny' that won't do much more than what we have now at best, at worst, it's a massive drain that takes away from the other needed security factors.

Democrats are onboard with border security.

Trump is a retard, but I don't believe he believes his wall will work as advertised, I'm sure he's seen the data and just wants it to stoke his fragile ego.

BrolyBlack
Again if you think Trump is a retard for thinking a wall or steel slats will work, Obama, Schumer and Pelosi are just as much of retards for thinking the same, there is no way around it.

Robtard
Again if you think Trump is a retard for thinking a wall or steel slats will work, Obama, Schumer and Pelosi are just as much of retards for thinking the same, there is no way around it.

That's Trump's "clever" distraction. We already have steel barriers, these are not Trumps grand new idea, though he's tried to take credit. There's no one perfect solution to the 2,000 border, some areas simple dog fencing works, some areas there far more robust steel fencing. Some areas nothing goes up and you patrol.

BrolyBlack
Its not a distraction, they said we needed border fencing. Rob buddy you can't have it both ways, Trump can't be a retard for wanting a wall or fence when Dems voted for the same thing in 2009. It's an unavoidable point I know you don't want to accept

Robtard
I feel as if you didn't really read what I said. We already have the more robust steel fencing in some parts.

BrolyBlack
I feel as if you didn't really read what I said. We already have the more robust steel fencing in some parts.

Yea, so why not close the gaps and make it complete. Why have gaps.

Robtard
So Trump's now a 'fence of the gaps' person?

BrolyBlack
You said "in some parts."

If you go look at all the dumb stuff Obama admin did, he got plenty of rope for his blunders. Natural Gas Station in Afghan costing $50 million dollars, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, etc etc.

The bandwagon was sure to be there to defend all those bad decisions.

BrolyBlack
Also, why can't the liberal environmentalists go clean up the national parks?

Robtard
Some parts a fence or wall isn't possible due to natural topography issues.

BrolyBlack
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VmEJqGsRKl8/Ta2n1S9gLeI/AAAAAAAAMns/sW0ipRGrBVg/s1600/great-wall-of-china.jpgp

Done in what the 1600's?

Robtard
Finished in 1644, yes.

China was also invaded multiple times by armies despite its wall, let alone smaller groups of people. So the Great Wall of China argument doesn't help you, it shows that a ultra massive barrier and just praying people get to it and go "meh, never mind" is faulty.

You might have heard of the Mongols, as an example.

Bashar Teg
so has every trumper decided to forget that the whole concept of tunneling exists, and that cartels have already mastered tunneling?

not that I want a wall, but the steel spikes seemed practical, but they'd have to be buried deep af. Like however tall it is above ground, make it twice as tall below. Sure the cartels will get around it eventually, but at least we'd make it inconvenient for them.

But no, nothing will do but a concrete wall, poured by trump's contractor friends.

Robtard
Maybe we can build it out of coal and then Trump can keep his promise that coal is coming back strong.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.washingtonexaminer.biz/web-producers/animation.gif

He even shovels like a retard, but to be fair, I doubt he's ever worked a real shovel in his life, that'd not go well with his manicured soft tiny hands.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
so has every trumper decided to forget that the whole concept of tunneling exists, and that cartels have already mastered tunneling?

not that I want a wall, but the steel spikes seemed practical, but they'd have to be buried deep af. Like however tall it is above ground, make it twice as tall below. Sure the cartels will get around it eventually, but at least we'd make it inconvenient for them.

But no, nothing will do but a concrete wall, poured by trump's contractor friends.

laughing out loud

Robtard

BrolyBlack

Robtard
Your baby needs to convince us it will actually work as promosed and not just be a 700ish mile of costly and useless ego boost.

FFS, he promised you a complete barrier that would be 40 feet high (remember, he added 10 feet during the campaign in a boast), why you settling for a farce?

Lord Lucien
Did you guys know that the world is steadily running out of the kind of sand used in concrete production? How much of it are we willing to dump into a pointless, money-sink of security theater?

My bet is we'd use it all up, and burn down all the oceans too if it meant being safe from all those disgusting foreigners sympathy-worthy illegal immigrants.

BrolyBlack

MythLord
Yes, because something meant to store psychopaths, rapists and murderers is totally comparable to shutting out people who just want asylum.

Hey, why do houses have walls? Why do hospitals have walls? Why does the concept of a room even exist?

My house doesn't have a fence separating us from our neighbors, and we all get along just fine, despite me having a dog and them having a rabbit. I'm sorry if your neighbor is a psycho with bloodthirsty pets, but that's hardly comparable to people fleeing for their lives and seeing shelter...

Bentley

Trump God
Originally posted by MythLord
Yes, because something meant to store psychopaths, rapists and murderers is totally comparable to shutting out people who just want asylum.

Hey, why do houses have walls? Why do hospitals have walls? Why does the concept of a room even exist?

My house doesn't have a fence separating us from our neighbors, and we all get along just fine, despite me having a dog and them having a rabbit. I'm sorry if your neighbor is a psycho with bloodthirsty pets, but that's hardly comparable to people fleeing for their lives and seeing shelter... Shut up snowflake, you rightists are stupid.

MythLord
Already have: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=658586

Bentley
Originally posted by MythLord
Already have: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=658586

You are the best thumb up

Trump God
Mexicans are lazy and criminals.

Bentley
Originally posted by Trump God
Mexicans are lazy and criminals.

So you would vote for one of them for POTUS? 131

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bentley
So you would vote for one of them for POTUS? 131 Don't feed the troll mate.

Robtard

Lumine
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/archaeology-and-history/magazine/2016/03-04/the-great-wall-of-china/

If you noted, I noted that China's great wall failed to both stop whole armies and small groups and even individuals.

Surtur
Why do celebrities live in gated communities if walls don't work?

Nancy Pelosi does., yet she says walls are immoral. Weird. Special rules...

Adam_PoE

Nancy Pelosi does., yet she says walls are immoral. Weird. Special rules...

They don't work. That's why eight teenagers were able to steal $3-million in cash and belongings from 50 Calabasas homes, including celebrities, between 2008 and 2009.

jaden_2.0

Same reason people want the wall. The illusion of safety.

Surtur
I look forward to Pelosi demanding her pointless immoral wall be torn down.

Robtard
You're in NPC mode today, Surt.

Surtur
You're in NPC mode today, Surt.

You're in irony overload mode today kiddo.

Adam_PoE
Same reason people want the wall. The illusion of safety.

Bing-o.

Robtard
Isn't that what their guns are for?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>