KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Great Wall Shutdown

The Great Wall Shutdown
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Great Wall Shutdown

Anyone that participates in this thread, please be composed, objective and nonpartisan.

Since we are shut down over this wall, the Dems don't want to give Trump any border wall funding because they don't want to cave.

Trump wants the wall because it was a campaign promise.

Regardless of what side your own, let's discuss the actual wall.

Why are you for or against it, present your argument in a rational fashion.

Please leave out nonstarters as it "costs too much, or it's immoral." The US has spent far more on dumb things with less impact than $5 billion on a wall. And the US has done for more immoral things like running guns to Mexican drug cartels.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 02:24 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nvrmnd, i thought this was about THE Great Wall.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 02:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Horrible movie. thumb down

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 03:14 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I rather liked it.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 03:17 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I have yet to actually received a legit reason why there should be no wall.

People against the wall claims its immoral and racist. How? Mexico has a wall, and we don’t claimed them to be immoral. So why does us having a wall immoral?

The pope I think claimed something similar, yet you don’t see him breaking down the wall that surrounds the Vatican and allowing everyone to enter.

I also hear, well, about the border thats on the ocean, are we to be built a wall on the water too? That is such asinine logic.

Having a wall is another way to protect our country. It would cut down on illegals and drug movements. Yes the criminals would find a way around the wall, but it will be far easier for us to combat them if we know their new point of entry is limited to a certain point.

Also, the dems and the people that are saying walls are bad, forgets they live in houses which they lock everyday their not around, and if someone where to come in without consent, they would call the cops and report trespassing.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 04:15 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm in favor of a wall if we could build an effective one that won't cost an astronomical amount of money.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 05:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Drug movements happen in the billions of dollars and historically they’ll just dig under it, coyotes will find alternate routes, and drug profits aren’t affected at all

Trump is a retard though and so long as he gives his donor buddies government contracts to build it nothing will change

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 05:48 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

^perfrct example of the type of posting I asked you not to.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 05:50 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Environmental impact of a wall is something to be considered. People agent the only things living on This planet

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 05:54 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Calling Trump a retard because he wants to secure he’s country’s border?

So I guess the Emperor Of China was a retard too for building the Great Wall to stop the Monguls invasion?

Or the Vatican?

Or every walls that were build to protect one’s on country in the last 1000 years?

So I guess you’re also a retard for living in a house with walls and locked doors? Since according to your logic, if a criminal wants access to your house, they’ll find a way?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 05:59 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
Environmental impact of a wall is something to be considered. People agent the only things living on This planet

I call bullshit. What environmental considerations are those? What environmental impact did the Great Wall have on the Earth?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 06:01 PM
truejedi

Https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...er-wall-animals

And more than animals, what about the idea of putting a man made wall in previously pristine environments?

I'm also against a wall because I'm not against letting refugees into the country..

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 07:08 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by carthage
Drug movements happen in the billions of dollars and historically they’ll just dig under it, coyotes will find alternate routes, and drug profits aren’t affected at all

Trump is a retard though and so long as he gives his donor buddies government contracts to build it nothing will change

Your right.

A wall won't work, unless it has guard towers. With armed men, of course.

If you're going to turn the border into a prison, do it right.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 08:00 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I can understand some practical criticism of the wall or spending that much money on it.

It's the moral outrage over it that I can't understand, it seems really autistic and makes me think some of the democrats are morally opposed to stopping illegal immigration.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 08:38 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I can understand some practical criticism of the wall or spending that much money on it.

It's the moral outrage over it that I can't understand, it seems really autistic and makes me think some of the democrats are morally opposed to stopping illegal immigration.

Politicians seem to follow along with whatever the news is doing, and "refugees" vs "invaders" is the current trend.

I mean, it would be nice to talk about helping refugees, and stop human trafficking, child prostitution, and indentured servitude, and have some degree of security, as if these weren't partisan issues.

Who really wants to leave people to death squads? And who thinks kidnapped people don't deserve help?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 08:43 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

- It would be extremely expensive in a time where all arrows point toward an oncoming economic downturn.

- Republicans claim to be the party of small government that hates frivolous government spending and constantly complains about all the money "wasted" on programs like welfare, low-income housing, medicaid etc, but its spokesmen are advocating for a project that will balloon government spending for years.

- Arguments for the wall actually doing something is shaky at best. Something like 80% of illegal immigrants enter the country by entering legally via work visas, vacation etc and then staying once their allowed visitation time ends. So you're asking for a solution that might have minimal effect on the problem while having a high cost.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 5th, 2019 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 09:15 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm in favour of the wall. It will force all the smugglers and sneaks to develop their skills and hone their border-crossing abilities. Like a negligent overuse of antibiotics, this extremely expensive border decoration will create a species of SUPER illegal immigrants, who can evade and hide from the authorities with an enhanced understanding of subterfuge and fence-dodging. A master race of criminals who sneak into the U.S. while all eyes are on the Aggro Wall.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 10:01 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The wall will essentially just be a $20+ billion symbol (the wall won't cost $5 billion) to the rest of the world, it has no practical use and will be ineffective at securing the border. It serves no function on its own, and is easily defeated by a $40 ladder, or other means. DDM has made various posts and provided a good deal of evidence as to why the wall won't be effective, showing how easy it will be for people to go over it or under it, thus, the only way it actually improves border security is if there is an increase in border agents to guard it, but an increase in border agents alone would also improve border security by probably the same amount. As such, I'd much rather money be spent on hiring more and better border agents, and supplying them with improved training, tech and tools to protect the border. The wall itself is pointless and stupid.

Besides, wasn't Mexico supposed to pay for it?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 10:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by BackFire
The wall will essentially just be a $20+ billion symbol (the wall won't cost $5 billion) to the rest of the world, it has no practical use and will be ineffective at securing the border. It serves no function on its own, and is easily defeated by a $40 ladder, or other means. DDM has made various posts and provided a good deal of evidence as to why the wall won't be effective, showing how easy it will be for people to go over it or under it, thus, the only way it actually improves border security is if there is an increase in border agents to guard it, but an increase in border agents alone would also improve border security by probably the same amount. As such, I'd much rather money be spent on hiring more and better border agents, and supplying them with improved training, tech and tools to protect the border. The wall itself is pointless and stupid.

Besides, wasn't Mexico supposed to pay for it?

Mexico was, indeed, supposed to pay for it.

In Trumps defense, I don't think it's in his nature to consider that someone will ever say "No. Whatcha gonna do about it?" And that there wouldn't actually be a damned thing he can do about it.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 10:47 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yes, I agree, Trump's an idiot.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 10:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote