Was it the decline of Cricket in the US that stopped many Americans being Gentlemen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
I've been thinking, both George Washington and Lincoln were Cricketers, Trump isn't.

Could this decline in quality of President over the last few hundred years be down to Cricket?

Is Cricket what America needs to be great again?

Some History, cricket is played around the world by numbers worldwide, it's popularity is second only to real football or Soccer a game played by commoners.

in the country.

It may have been during the Civil War that baseball secured its place as America's game. An army making a brief stop at a location could easily organise a game of baseball on almost any clear patch of ground, whilst cricket required a carefully prepared pitch. Baseball began to poach players and administrators from the world of cricket. Nick Young, who served for 25 years as the president of the National League, was originally a successful cricketer. It was not until the Civil War that he took up baseball because "it looked like cricket for which his soul thirsted." It has been suggested that the fast-paced quick play of baseball was more appealing to Americans than the technical slower game of cricket. This natural tendency toward baseball was compounded by terrible American defeats at the hands of a traveling English side in 1859, which may have caused Americans to think that they would never be successful at this English game. By the end of the Civil War, most cricket fans had given up their hopes of broad-based support for the game. Baseball filled the role of the "people's game" and cricket became an amateur game for gentlemen.

Is Cricket what America needs?

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Nope.

Silent Master
Sports just breeds toxic masculinity, why would you want to increase it?

BrolyBlack
Yea Originally posted by Putinbot1
I've been thinking, both George Washington and Lincoln were Cricketers, Trump isn't.

Could this decline in quality of President over the last few hundred years be down to Cricket?

Some History, cricket is played around the world by numbers worldwide, it's popularity is second only to real football or Soccer a game played by commoners.

in the country.

It may have been during the Civil War that baseball secured its place as America's game. An army making a brief stop at a location could easily organise a game of baseball on almost any clear patch of ground, whilst cricket required a carefully prepared pitch. Baseball began to poach players and administrators from the world of cricket. Nick Young, who served for 25 years as the president of the National League, was originally a successful cricketer. It was not until the Civil War that he took up baseball because "it looked like cricket for which his soul thirsted." It has been suggested that the fast-paced quick play of baseball was more appealing to Americans than the technical slower game of cricket. This natural tendency toward baseball was compounded by terrible American defeats at the hands of a traveling English side in 1859, which may have caused Americans to think that they would never be successful at this English game. By the end of the Civil War, most cricket fans had given up their hopes of broad-based support for the game. Baseball filled the role of the "people's game" and cricket became an amateur game for gentlemen.

Bro why do you continue to do this, we get it, you dont like America, you dont like people on the right, you think we are all a bunch of crackers, even though white yourself and generally just awful people.

Why keep posting bait like this? We both know this thread serves no purpose other then to bait, no cricket is not what did or did not cause whatever imaginary problem you with it did.

Why keep doing this, I'm seriously leaving again after this latest one because it's just become obsessive.

Ill be back in 6 months to see if you guys can quit the nonsense and make some actual legitimate posts

Surtur
Imagine being from a country arresting 9 people a day for online hate speech and yet hating America. Lol.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Silent Master
Sports just breeds toxic masculinity, why would you want to increase it?
I actually think Putinbot is woke enough to recognize that there's a legit component to socialization in the male gender role that promotes competitiveness within a framework of rules so that boys and men are socially adapted to managing their aggressive and competitive instincts within a framework of discipline.

As opposed to being one of the gender ideologues who think boys should be socialized like girls.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I actually think Putinbot is woke enough to recognize that there's a legit component to socialization in the male gender role that promotes competitiveness within a framework of rules so that boys and men are socially adapted to managing their aggressive and competitive instincts within a framework of discipline.

As opposed to being one of the gender ideologues who think boys should be socialized like girls.

You gotta appreciate how he goes from crying about incels to going "is cricket the answer?" lol.

Stoic
It was the women that wanted all of the pie while doing little of the work. For instance a fictional women of 4'11" applies for the Machinist position, gets it, then expects for her co-workers to do the heavy lifting because chilvalry is awesome when, and only when it works in her favor, because when it doesn't, it then becomes a man's job while expecting to be paid the same as the fictional 5'10" male that has no problem doing the heavy lifting to complete the task.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Putinbot1

in the country.

nah we just need legal weed. ever see an entire population of a riled superpower just suddenly chill the f*ck out? stay tuned.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
nah we just need legal weed. ever see an entire population of a riled superpower just suddenly chill the f*ck out? stay tuned.
thumb up

Stoic
Wow, I just realised that the biggest scumbag on the face of the planet could be elected if all they did was promise to legalize pot consumption. It's pretty silly if you think on it.

Raptor22
nah we just need legal weed. ever see an entire population of a riled superpower just suddenly chill the f*ck out? stay tuned. preach on. Laws in passed Massachusetts. A cpl months ago NETA the first store in the state to get a licence to sell to adults without a prescription is 25 min from my house. big grin

Bashar Teg
i know. i'm smoking some of it right now. went to mass a couple of weeks ago

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Stoic
Wow, I just realised that the biggest scumbag on the face of the planet could be elected if all they did was promise to legalize pot consumption. It's pretty silly if you think on it.

funny i was thinking it's literally the only positive thing trump can do to please a large body of his supporters without starting up a holocaust or stripping others of their rights. wonder if he'll do it as some last olive branch before he gets his orange jumpsuit.

Raptor22
i know. i'm smoking some of it right now. went to mass a couple of weeks ago smokin'

Robtard
I don't know shit about Cricket. But I really wish the US would drop its love-affair with NFL "football" and get onto proper football like 99% of the world is.

If not, rugby will work as well.

Bashar Teg
https://i.imgur.com/vr9dNCo.gif

Flyattractor
The Only Guy who Ever Made CRICKET look "Cool".

http://cultbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Doctor-Who-Peter-Davison-Fifth-Doctor-cricket.jpg

i know. i'm smoking some of it right now. went to mass a couple of weeks ago

Now who is the "DRUG ADDICT"?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
I don't know shit about Cricket. But I really wish the US would drop its love-affair with NFL "football" and get onto proper football like 99% of the world is.

If not, rugby will work as well. Rugby works for everyone, it is a truly addictive game to play I played up until I had dropped two levels of team and coming in to work on Monday with black eyes looked too bad at 38. Football (soccer) will always be the best game to watch, the advertising, quarter thing ruins NFL as does the time outs. It's stops the game flowing and actually turns Grid Iron into a dictatorship, which is weird.

Surtur
People here are never gonna care about soccer or rugby lol. It's just not gonna happen.

ArtificialGlory
Cricket is absolutely ghastly.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Yea

Bro why do you continue to do this, we get it, you dont like America, you dont like people on the right, you think we are all a bunch of crackers, even though white yourself and generally just awful people.

Why keep posting bait like this? We both know this thread serves no purpose other then to bait, no cricket is not what did or did not cause whatever imaginary problem you with it did.

Why keep doing this, I'm seriously leaving again after this latest one because it's just become obsessive.

Ill be back in 6 months to see if you guys can quit the nonsense and make some actual legitimate posts missed this TI, can I expect the likes of Darth Deviance back then good buddy? laughing

Stoic
Originally posted by Surtur
People here are never gonna care about soccer or rugby lol. It's just not gonna happen.

That's what you think. I'm as American as you can get, being half Native, and Rugby and Soccer are awesome. Pay attention to all of the foreigners that love these sports. I think we need more than less.

BrolyBlack

Flyattractor
Also if we take the concept of this thread at its base. Shouldn't Canada be a place like out of a Mad Max movie? I mean their #1 sport is HOCKEY!!!!!

Putinbot1

BrolyBlack
fo sho

Putinbot1
I meant could not, but you got that.

Surtur
Originally posted by Stoic
That's what you think. I'm as American as you can get, being half Native, and Rugby and Soccer are awesome. Pay attention to all of the foreigners that love these sports. I think we need more than less.

It's not what I think it's what I know bro. When I say "people" I mean people in general. I know some folk here do like soccer, but it will never come close to football or baseball or basketball here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.