Tyrant [depowered] vs Current Avengers & Immortal Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
https://dorkforty.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/mcguinness-avengers-1-cover.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/687131/687131._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

vs

http://i.imgur.com/3K6sP31.jpg

Battle takes place somewhere without sunlight, and no sunlight shall be created.

leonidas
hmm, i'm still gonna say tyrant is too much. strange hasn't been as impressive as he has been in the past. even depowered i'd place tyrant well above the likes of challenger. he was able to deal with thanos more easily and effectively than odin did so i've always figured that incarnation of tyrant was still skyfather level and i think that would be too much. interesting though. the ghost rider is a wild card. if we allow him to go full demon that would be their only chance imo.

Stoic
Tyrant wins. Completely different level. And lol at him being a trans tier. He's a full blown low to mid abstract. He was created to be as powerful as a satiated Galactus, and was actually more powerful than ever during his last appearance. Read the books if anyone doubts this. Tyrant stomps.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i'm still gonna say tyrant is too much. strange hasn't been as impressive as he has been in the past. even depowered i'd place tyrant well above the likes of challenger. he was able to deal with thanos more easily and effectively than odin did so i've always figured that incarnation of tyrant was still skyfather level and i think that would be too much. interesting though. the ghost rider is a wild card. if we allow him to go full demon that would be their only chance imo.

He'd stomp them all with a smile, then hook them up to fill a few orbs.

leonidas
i disagree. in the arc phil is referencing, tyrant had ACCESS to tremendous amounts of power, but he was still biding his time imo. he had collected a huge amount of energy but hadn't yet used it or absorbed it from the spheres.

Stoic
i disagree. in the arc phil is referencing, tyrant had ACCESS to tremendous amounts of power, but he was still biding his time imo. he had collected a huge amount of energy but hadn't yet used it or absorbed it from the spheres.

In an ealier issue his origin was revealed. After his defeat, he had begun collecting orbs of power. Thousands of years passed before his final run in with Galactus. He had myriads of power orbs collected, which made him far more powerful than Galactus. If you took note of their final conflict you'll notice that Galactus fed on a rich planet which was said to have made him feel better than he had felt in a very long time. Tyrant was still killing him. Regardless of what we want to believe Leo, it was canon. Tyrant was a low to mid abstract. His run in with those Heralds was actually childs play for him, and he was only stunned by the Spinster's weapon, because it was made to hurt him.

h1a8

leonidas
the fact that he still had the orbs full of power tells you he wasn't at the height of his power... i haven't read the story arc in a long time but just because he fed on a planet doesn't mean galactus was the equal of what he was in the early universe when he beat tyrant. to face the celestials for example, he fed on what? 4 planets or something? who knows how powerful galactus was when he originally beat tyrant. anyway i agree overall--tyrant wins this.

carver9
The Hulks are the game changer tbh. Think they are too much, especially pitted together. His blasts would be problematic but he is facing two great healers that is backed by a powerful team.

Stoic
the fact that he still had the orbs full of power tells you he wasn't at the height of his power... i haven't read the story arc in a long time but just because he fed on a planet doesn't mean galactus was the equal of what he was in the early universe when he beat tyrant. to face the celestials for example, he fed on what? 4 planets or something? who knows how powerful galactus was when he originally beat tyrant. anyway i agree overall--tyrant wins this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you see him actively draining the orbs as a food source, or was he collecting them? His space citadel, or ship was filled with them. If you're only evidenc is that he still had them in his possession, I don't think that it's reason enough to deny that he was more powerful than Galactus. We actually saw him killing a fully satiated Galactus on panel, not to mention that I believe that you're impression of how the orbs worked for him is way off.

No offense Leo, but he had a huge citadel filled with them. Tyrant was a major powerhouse, in terms of being at, or above Galactus' weight class. For example; if he was a Trans tier level character, or even an elite Sky Father of Odin's level back in the 90's before Odin got the Rhino treatment, Galactus would've slapped him in the back of his head, and took Morg back into his service.

Originally posted by carver9
The Hulks are the game changer tbh. Think they are too much, especially pitted together. His blasts would be problematic but he is facing two great healers that is backed by a powerful team.

You're delusional.

Sin I AM

U should read more strange. Hes the most powerful on the field

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
U should read more strange. Hes the most powerful on the field

Glass cannon

leonidas

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

alekj019
Tyrant

zopzop
Tyrant devours them. They aren't even worth the effort hooking them up to his machines to use as batteries.

MrMind
tyrant one shots

panthergod
Hulk and She Hulk together?

Avengers win 7/10

carver9
The only people that matters in this fight is...

Hulk
She Hulk
Thor
Strange

The rest are fodder. Hulk is operating above Herald levels (obviously) and She Hulk is just a freaking monster. Tyrant is extremely powerful but taking on 2 Hulks at the same time, that's insane. Strange would be doing his hands, etc... on the side lines while Thor would be engaging as well. I just dont see Tyrant winning this.

Stoic

Stoic
The only people that matters in this fight is...

Hulk
She Hulk
Thor
Strange

The rest are fodder. Hulk is operating above Herald levels (obviously) and She Hulk is just a freaking monster. Tyrant is extremely powerful but taking on 2 Hulks at the same time, that's insane. Strange would be doing his hands, etc... on the side lines while Thor would be engaging as well. I just dont see Tyrant winning this.

More like Tyrant would be hitting them with planet destroying attacks that would wreck both Grand Master Prime and Zeus combined. This team is way out of their depths.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
More like Tyrant would be hitting them with planet destroying attacks that would wreck both Grand Master Prime and Zeus combined. This team is way out of their depths.

Tryant can't hit with planet Destroyering attacks. He can't even hit with mountain destroying attacks.

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
Tryant can't hit with planet Destroyering attacks. He can't even hit with mountain destroying attacks.
Please stop. He's crushed beings that have destroyed planets.

Insane Titan
Tryant can't hit with planet Destroyering attacks. He can't even hit with mountain destroying attacks. His fight with Thanos was destroying his planet sized base.

Inedian
Tyrant wins.

DarkSaint85
Black Panther wins this.

He hacks Galactus - he'll hack Tyrant for sure thumb up

Stoic

You didn't even read every books that Tyrant was in. I can't take you seriously, nor should anyone. The Hulk can't even beat the Surfer for a majority, and Tyrant was killing Galactus, who only survived because Morg used th UN on him.

Originally posted by zopzop
Please stop. He's crushed beings that have destroyed planets.

Yep.

MrMind
DP Tyrant was smacking Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Terrax, Ganymede, and Jack of Hearts around like children

and that team is way more powerful than hulk+the weakass avengers

Stoic
Originally posted by MrMind
DP Tyrant was smacking Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Terrax, Ganymede, and Jack of Hearts around like children

and that team is way more powerful than hulk+the weakass avengers

Yep, and the proof comes by the way he was smiling as he played with his food. Tyrant was monstrous in terms of his weight class. Not even a fully powered Inbetweener was able to put a beating on Galactus like he did when he nearly killed him, and the fight between the Inbetweener and Galactus was destroying planets. To add to it, Galactus had to devour an extremely rich in energy planet in preparation for his battle with Tyrant, and he was still being killed.

MrMind
Yep, and the proof comes by the way he was smiling as he played with his food. Tyrant was monstrous in terms of his weight class. Not even a fully powered Inbetweener was able to put a beating on Galactus like he did when he nearly killed him, and the fight between the Inbetweener and Galactus was destroying planets. To add to it, Galactus had to devour an extremely rich in energy planet in preparation for his battle with Tyrant, and he was still being killed.

yeah Tyrant and Galactus battle caused galaxies destroyed as a side effect

zopzop
To add to it, Galactus had to devour an extremely rich in energy planet in preparation for his battle with Tyrant
Not only that, Galactus wanted to fight Tyrant where Galactus had the homefield advantage and even tells Morg this.

To recap :
Galactus feared/respected Tyrant's power (as Tyrant did Galactus)
Galactus fed on a planet that made him feel more powerful than he had in ages
Galactus wanted to fight Tyrant in a place where Galactus had the advantage

Proof scans are here :
https://i.postimg.cc/ykz9KBTx/RCO016.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/HV4MsKS2/RCO009.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/bZm21nfS/RCO013.jpg

"DP" Tyrant wasn't inferior to a FED Galactus. He was his peer (at a minimum).

abhilegend
The heralds which Tyrant fought were weakened due to being drained.

abhilegend
Not only that, Galactus wanted to fight Tyrant where Galactus had the homefield advantage and even tells Morg this.

To recap :

Proof scans are here :
https://i.postimg.cc/ykz9KBTx/RCO016.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/HV4MsKS2/RCO009.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/bZm21nfS/RCO013.jpg

And Galactus was beating up Tyrant before he became an idiot and tried to drain Tyrant.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
The heralds which Tyrant fought were weakened due to being drained.

Point taken, but it becomes irrelevant on several levels.

1. Tyrant was killing a well fed Galactus.

2. Galactus was able to get the upper hand against more than one being above this teams weight class (Mephisto in his realm, Odin, the Inbetweener) .

3. Thanos alone and at optimal levels was proven to be able to take on a team of heralds, which was apparent to Tyrant when they fought each other, and while Thanos was in possesion of an orb of power.

4. If Galactus was above Tyrant then he would have defeated him and forcibly retrieved Morg from captivity.

5. If you go back and read every book that Tyrant was in during the first 6 months of his 1st appearance it clearly states that he was made to be Galactus' equal, which is a couple of tiers above Sky Father.

Tyrant was playing with those Heralds the entire time, and was only stunned by the Spinsterhood woman, because their weapons were made to hurt him.

Stoic
And Galactus was beating up Tyrant before he became an idiot and tried to drain Tyrant.

What? No he wasn't, he punched Tyrant through a bulkhead. That's like saying Mongul was beating up on Superman because punched him through a building, and then choosing to ignore the rest of the fight.

abhilegend
Point taken, but it becomes irrelevant on several levels.

1. Tyrant was killing a well fed Galactus.

Because of his draining machines.

Galactus feats don't get transferred to Tyrant.

When did Thanos fight a team of heralds?

He was wary of the collateral damage.

Galactus is in skyfather tier most of the time.

And no, he wasn't equal of Galactus.

Doesn't changes the fact that the heralds were weakened.

abhilegend
What? No he wasn't, he punched Tyrant through a bulkhead. That's like saying Mongul was beating up on Superman because punched him through a building, and then choosing to ignore the rest of the fight.
He had Tyrant immobilized when Tyrant used his technopathy to get free.

Stoic
He had Tyrant immobilized when Tyrant used his technopathy to get free.

Everythng isn't about strength Abhi. Other powers come into play making characters more potent. Galactus was well above the Sky Father tier in his battle with Tyrant, and yes Tyrant was created to be Galactus' equal which was written on panel.

Thanos took on a team of Avengers that was filled with Herald level characters. Thanos did lose but he was also in a weakened state.

Being momentarily pinned does not mean you have lost. If that were the case, I'm going to start pulling that card everytime Superman, Orion, Hulk and any other character finds themselves having to struggle to free themselves. This was Galctus after all not Willie Lumpkin. Get
it? Got it? Good.

carver9
Forgot that the Heralds were weakened due to Tyrant absorbing their energy. Good catch.

leonidas
how come you're so sure galactus was well above a skyfather's level when he faced tyrant?

Stoic
Tyrant said that "As I derive my strength from the ambient life force which binds this universe together, every time you feed upon a world, gleaning it's Bio-spheric energies, I am thusly weakened".

Forgot that the Heralds were weakened due to Tyrant absorbing their energy. Good catch.

How weakened were they? Obviously not enough to hamper their spirits, because in the book that I read, they seemed to be confident in their ability to defeat Tyrant. To bring it up, and then attempt to solidly capitalize on it is pretty phucking slimy Carver.

Stoic
how come you're so sure galactus was well above a skyfather's level when he faced tyrant?

He fed on a planet that made him feel better than he had felt in ages. We went over this already. Galactus is 2 tiers above Odin under optimal conditions.

leonidas
not according to their direct confrontation. you don't have a prolonged stalemate and get briefly ko'd by someone 2 tiers below you.

zopzop
Let's try this again :

To recap :

Proof scans are here :

leonidas
1. "fed" galactus is a subjective term.

2. he also fed on one planet before battling odin which would indicate that "one" planet gets him to equal/slightly above skyfather because, as i said, odin did manage a flash ko and still still wasn't out of the fight entirely as evinced by the showing up of the destroyer.

3. brings me back to my original point--how are you so sure galactus was well above a skyfather?

if you asked me whether the galactus who faced off against the mad celetstials was well above, i'd agree. he had what? 4 planets? ONE planet? even if it was a particularly nourishing planet? not buying it puts him well above skyfather at all. the planet he had before he faced odin may well have put him at the same level he was at when he faced tyrant. impossible to say, but silly to assume it wasn't as beneficial.

basically--stop making all or nothing statements, and stop expressing opinion as fact. thumb up

zopzop
1. "fed" galactus is a subjective term.

2. he also fed on one planet before battling odin which would indicate that "one" planet gets him to equal/slightly above skyfather because, as i said, odin did manage a flash ko and still still wasn't out of the fight entirely as evinced by the showing up of the destroyer.

3. brings me back to my original point--how are you so sure galactus was well above a skyfather?

if you asked me whether the galactus who faced off against the mad celetstials was well above, i'd agree. he had what? 4 planets? ONE planet? even if it was a particularly nourishing planet? not buying it puts him well above skyfather at all. the planet he had before he faced odin may well have put him at the same level he was at when he faced tyrant. impossible to say, but silly to assume it wasn't as beneficial.

basically--stop making all or nothing statements, and stop expressing opinion as fact. thumb up
What are you talking about? I'm quoting Galactus himself on panel :
He feared Tyrant
He fed on a planet that made him feel more powerful than he had in ages
He wanted to fight Tyrant in a place he had the home field advantage

I didn't write the story. Take it up with Marz and Lackey.

leonidas
he fed on one planet. agreed.

he feared tyrant? meh. i always figured he didn't want the fight because as he said it was 'his child'. we already know galactus was able to beat him from their earlier encounter.

wanted to fight him at home? lol so? he didn't really gain any advantage at all unless you can prove he gained something? he likely didn't want to fall into any traps or give tyrant the chance to draw on other, amping powers. but it's open for interpretation WHY he wanted to face tyrant where he did. useless as the thought was.

you're saying the planet he fed on was better for him than the odin planet. impossible to say since the odin fight happened what, 15 or so years later? lol

one planet vs tyrant. one planet vs odin. still not seeing why we should consider the g that fought tyrant to be well above skyfather..... slightly above? maybe....

abhilegend
Everythng isn't about strength Abhi. Other powers come into play making characters more potent. Galactus was well above the Sky Father tier in his battle with Tyrant, and yes Tyrant was created to be Galactus' equal which was written on panel.

How was Galactus above skyfather level there?

Huh?

But it means Galactus was overpowering Tyrant.

h1a8
People should stop using Galactus as a measuring stick for Tyrant. Clearly Galactus blasts were making Tyrant stronger. Therefore, it was a plot device.

Look how Tyrant faired against Gladiator. It appears that Tyrant was about 2-3x more powerful.

MrMind
People should stop using Galactus as a measuring stick for Tyrant. Clearly Galactus blasts were making Tyrant stronger. Therefore, it was a plot device.

Look how Tyrant faired against Gladiator. It appears that Tyrant was about 2-3x more powerful.

full power tyrant was capable of destroy galaxies as a side effect of his fight

depowered tyrant should never be used as a measuring stick for himself at full power

and even depowered he was above herald level characters by a mile

Insane Titan

Look how Tyrant faired against Gladiator. It appears that Tyrant was about 2-3x more powerful. He crushes Gladiator with ease. Gladiator matched Tyrants eye beam for mere seconds at best, once Tyrant poured on the power and pressed the attack he stomped Gladiator.

abhilegend
Also Tyrant was getting amped by Galactus.

https://m.imgur.com/a/dRVjs

It's like attacking Superman with sunlight.

leonidas
not sure he was draining from galactus directly though. in any event the best we can say based on later evidence is that both were right around skyfather levels. not sure why we need to make more than that. if we assume tyrant was getting extra power against galactus than he wasn't even at that level necessarily though i'd still say he was at least low level sjyfather. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.