What makes a winner or a loser?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
What makes a loser?

Does it depend on your life stage?
Your Life Chances?
Your Achievements?
As I rapidly approach old age, my granddaughter is six, my eldest son in his early thirties, my youngest from another relationship 14. I'm left wondering, I have a good job, a girlfriend half my age, two failed marriages, 4 children from 2 mothers. I've studied and received degrees from multiple Universities, I have visited 48 countries and lived in 6.

Two of my children are college educated, and one isn't old enough yet.

I can still bench 160Kg + for a few reps,

So, clearly my life is a litany of success and failure, I've never made a marriage work, yet I'm thinking about trying for the third time. I'm even thinking about yet another family.

Are we all winners and losers? Do we have stages in our lives when we are both? Is the only way our success can ever be judged when we are dead?

Mindship
Off the top of my head, IMO, key elements to being a success, a 'winner', are:

- Have a goal.
- Have the Strength of Will to persevere toward that goal.
- Adaptation: again, SoW, to realize when to let go, to reinvent oneself in the face of failure.
- Self-sacrifice (compassion, perspective): being able to see things from others' PoV, putting their needs over yours when necessary. Ie, what price success if one loses one's basic humanity? ("Above all else, a god needs compassion! Mitchell!!"wink

The above ingredients will vary depending on one's personality, life stages, and the general Out-Of-Left-Field stuff that Life loves to through at us.

In short: Man plans, God laughs. You can rant about it, or laugh and move on .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgJHe0bC34
(So much easier said than done.)

P.S. Love the new sig

Emperordmb
A winner is someone who ascends the lobster dominance hierarchy, slays the dragon of chaos, rescues their father from the underworld and brings new life to the dead corpse that was once the civilization of their parents.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Putinbot1
What makes a loser?

Does it depend on your life stage?
Your Life Chances?
Your Achievements?
As I rapidly approach old age, my granddaughter is six, my eldest son in his early thirties, my youngest from another relationship 14. I'm left wondering, I have a good job, a girlfriend half my age, two failed marriages, 4 children from 2 mothers. I've studied and received degrees from multiple Universities, I have visited 48 countries and lived in 6.

Two of my children are college educated, and one isn't old enough yet.

I can still bench 160Kg + for a few reps,

So, clearly my life is a litany of success and failure, I've never made a marriage work, yet I'm thinking about trying for the third time. I'm even thinking about yet another family.

Are we all winners and losers? Do we have stages in our lives when we are both? Is the only way our success can ever be judged when we are dead?

ROFLMAO, pure gold my man.

Chuck_Schumer
All that matters is who has power.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Mindship
Off the top of my head, IMO, key elements to being a success, a 'winner', are:

- Have a goal.
- Have the Strength of Will to persevere toward that goal.
- Adaptation: again, SoW, to realize when to let go, to reinvent oneself in the face of failure.
- Self-sacrifice (compassion, perspective): being able to see things from others' PoV, putting their needs over yours when necessary. Ie, what price success if one loses one's basic humanity? ("Above all else, a god needs compassion! Mitchell!!"wink

The above ingredients will vary depending on one's personality, life stages, and the general Out-Of-Left-Field stuff that Life loves to through at us.

In short: Man plans, God laughs. You can rant about it, or laugh and move on .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgJHe0bC34
(So much easier said than done.)

P.S. Love the new sig Pretty much my opinion on everything, cheers MS. And yeah, PVS has always made great signs.

gold slorg
Honestly, just being able to do what you want and getting fulfillment from that. It can be a career, it can be having a successful family, but it can be just the ability to afford enough free time and comfort to fulfill your dream about writing a book. In the end if somebody is happy with himself when reviewing his life with full self-honesty, he is a winner.

You have lots of people having careers and money most would envy, but they are unhappy, troubled and sad. Then you have people that have a job and wealth others would consider shitty, but they need only the bare necessities and fulfill their dreams by traveling to the farthest reaches of the world with their friends and you just see they are really happy and love their lifes. So as long as you can do things that make you happy, or at least lead to that, you're a winner.

NemeBro
Whether or not you're happy.

Bashar Teg
the edgelord nailed it. many successful people are miserable and many working class people are happy, etc, etc. a winner should at least be happy

MythLord
Originally posted by gold slorg
Honestly, just being able to do what you want and getting fulfillment from that. It can be a career, it can be having a successful family, but it can be just the ability to afford enough free time and comfort to fulfill your dream about writing a book. In the end if somebody is happy with himself when reviewing his life with full self-honesty, he is a winner.

You have lots of people having careers and money most would envy, but they are unhappy, troubled and sad. Then you have people that have a job and wealth others would consider shitty, but they need only the bare necessities and fulfill their dreams by traveling to the farthest reaches of the world with their friends and you just see they are really happy and love their lifes. So as long as you can do things that make you happy, or at least lead to that, you're a winner.
Pretty much this, yeah. ^

Putinbot1
Originally posted by gold slorg

You have lots of people having careers and money most would envy, but they are unhappy, troubled and sad. Then you have people that have a job and wealth others would consider shitty, but they need only the bare necessities and fulfill their dreams by traveling to the farthest reaches of the world with their friends and you just see they are really happy and love their lifes. So as long as you can do things that make you happy, or at least lead to that, you're a winner. good post Bart thumb up

Putinbot1
But what about our contributions to others, for example, I worked in Path for a few years performing tests diagnosing diseases and doing research etc. Are the thousands of lives I've been involved in saving as much service to mankind as a soldier who shot some teenage Afghan? Or are they not equitable?

BrolyBlack
You realize humility is the greatest trait of all right?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You realize humility is the greatest trait of all right? True, which is why I stated are they not equitable. smile

BrolyBlack

Putinbot1
Double post

Putinbot1

dadudemon
my eldest son in his early thirties,

Oh shit, you're old enough to be my father. That's a weird thought.

I think of you as a pal, not an uncle-figure. hmm

It's a good think I'm American and not Southeastern Chinese where I have to address you with age-specific honorifics and talk to you respectfully, barmy c*nt.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by dadudemon

It's a good think I'm American and not Southeastern Chinese where I have to address you with age-specific honorifics and talk to you respectfully, barmy c*nt.

Not hardly, your father was apparently Hitler

dadudemon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Not hardly, your father was apparently Hitler

No, I'm literally Hitler. Litler.

Putinbot1

It's a good think I'm American and not Southeastern Chinese where I have to address you with age-specific honorifics and talk to you respectfully, barmy c*nt. Yeah it's like that with a lot of tribes here in Africa, if we were part of some you would have to prostrate yourself before me... Heres a thought, when the Alien Lizard overlords take over and make me Human collaborating Governor for the Proxima Sirius Centuari confederation. I will instigate such traditions worldwide.

Surtur

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Bingo. Surt please list your achievements, I'm fascinated. And I don't mean stuff like, got up, had a shit, ate left over pizza from night before, smoked a bowl, shut posted and trolled on KMC. Cry walked over the girl who kissed another guy etc. Your lifes achievements.

Surtur
Surt please list your achievements, I'm fascinated. And I don't mean stuff like, got up, had a shit, ate left over pizza from night before, smoked a bowl, shut posted and trolled on KMC. Cry walked over the girl who kissed another guy etc. Your lifes achievements.

It's not an achievement, but I did recently make you cry smile

Surtur
Don't put a gypsy curse on me now! Get that evil eye outta here!.

Putinbot1
It's not an achievement, but I did recently make you cry smile No, I left a thread because as I keep telling you, why would any body with a job or a life take anything you said seriously and look I'm leaving it again. Because you have nothing, no job, no partner, no kids, no education, no future, you hate because it's all you have, I understand and I pity you. But I no longer feel sorry for you.

BrolyBlack

dadudemon

Putinbot1
I will start.

Whirly, you are such a good natured person.

Surtur, you may be the funniest person in the GDF.

Supra, you have the best fact-based theories in the GDF.

smile

Surtur

jaden_2.0
You know what makes someone be a winner?

Being white.

Putinbot1
His constant trolling and then whining over being trolled is why he gets shit on by me, I can't speak for others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.