A What If Question About Rape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
Just heard this question raised.

WHAT IF... they made it that if a Person FALSELY Accuses Some One of rape that if it gets proven that the False Accuser Faces the Same Punishment that the Falsley Accuesed would have faced.

Good Idea Or Bad Idea?

And if you think "BAD IDEA".

Can You explain why?

smokin'

Putinbot1
What are you planning Fly?

Flyattractor
Oh I never reveal my Plans too early!

S_W_LeGenD
This is how it should be. False accuser deserve the same punishment.

Putinbot1
Why are you guys so obsessed with false rape allegations. smile

Flyattractor
Does the fact that you know I have "PLANS" Worry you ?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Does the fact that you know I have "PLANS" Worry you ? Nah, I'm not female, just cry "surprise" Fly. No one can arrest you then.

SquallX

Emperordmb
Agreed. In ambiguous cases neither should be punished though.

Putinbot1

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Agreed. In ambiguous cases neither should be punished though. thumb up which is most rape cases.

riv6672
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
This is how it should be. False accuser deserve the same punishment.
That works.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Putinbot1
rape is rare, rapists are rare, women who lie about rape are rarer. You really lie awake worrying about your brothers being accused of rape by evil women. Ffs! I've been lied about in that regard so a girl could escape the consequences of having cheated on her bf, girl changed her story at the last minute though.

Astner
No. Because it would discourage rape victims from coming forward. What should be done to limit the imprisonment of people who've been falsely accused of rape is to raise the standard of evidence that lead to a conviction.

Flyattractor
So better an Innocent Person Go to Prison then a Victim lack the Courage to step forward?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Astner
No. Because it would discourage rape victims from coming forward. What should be done to limit the imprisonment of people who've been falsely accused of rape is to raise the standard of evidence that lead to a conviction.

Fair enough, what do you think would be a good punishment for someone making a false accusation? IE. the person wasn't really raped, or they were but purposely/knowingly id'd the wrong person.

SquallX

Putinbot1

Putinbot1
No. Because it would discourage rape victims from coming forward. What should be done to limit the imprisonment of people who've been falsely accused of rape is to raise the standard of evidence that lead to a conviction. Good post. thumb up

Astner
So better an Innocent Person Go to Prison then a Victim lack the Courage to step forward?
My point is that people should not have to find the judicial system threatening, the flaws of a group of cases should be combated with stricter requirements of evidence.

Astner
Originally posted by Silent Master
Fair enough, what do you think would be a good punishment for someone making a false accusation? IE. the person wasn't really raped, or they were but purposely/knowingly id'd the wrong person.
A defamantion counter-suit.

Emperordmb
Well the same standard of evidence applies to proving a false allegation.

Silent Master
A defamantion counter-suit.

So they should face no legal consequences for lying to the police and trying to take away an innocent person's freedom?

Putinbot1
So they should face no legal consequences for lying to the police and trying to take away an innocent person's freedom? Prove they were lying, Rape is always difficult to prosecute and defend because of the usual privacy of coitus.

Silent Master
Prove they were lying, Rape is always difficult to prosecute and defend because of the usual privacy of coitus.

Them being proven to have lied was inherent in my question, since I specified legit false accusations.

-Pr-
Just heard this question raised.

WHAT IF... they made it that if a Person FALSELY Accuses Some One of rape that if it gets proven that the False Accuser Faces the Same Punishment that the Falsley Accuesed would have faced.

Good Idea Or Bad Idea?

And if you think "BAD IDEA".

Can You explain why?

smokin'

They should be severely punished, yes. As much as a rapist would be if the crime was proven true? I'm not so sure. Still, enough to make anyone think twice about flippantly accusing anyone of something like that. Though in saying that, proving that someone is lying should be done with the same expectation of proof as proving that someone did it.

There's still that massive bracket that involves them not being able to prove that the person was raped, but not being able to prove that the person was lying either.

Putinbot1
Them being proven to have lied was inherent in my question, since I specified legit false accusations. How often does that happen, it's so rare that's why it always makes the headlines when it does, or at least in the U.K. that's the case.

SquallX
Women in this day and age are vindictive and shallow... wow!

Either your dense or an outright liar.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by SquallX
Either your dense or an outright liar. What? I quoted you and added, "wow".

Mindship
What are you planning Fly? laughing out loud

WHAT IF... they made it that if a Person FALSELY Accuses Some One of rape that if it gets proven that the False Accuser Faces the Same Punishment that the Falsley Accuesed would have faced.People who lie about being raped should be punished and/or sued for defamation. They make it That Much More difficult for genuine rape victims to get justice, as well as possibly ruining the life of the falsely accused.

#toxicbehaviorregardlessofgender

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Mindship
laughing out loud

People who lie about being raped should be punished and/or sued for defamation. They make it That Much More difficult for genuine rape victims to get justice, as well as possibly ruining the life of the falsely accused.

#toxicbehaviorregardlessofgender I don't disagree with this at all. But it must be proven they lied as you state MS.

Nice hashtag mate. smile

Raptor22
Honest question for those who would be in support of this. Would u be in favor of this for false accusations for every other crime, and would u extend this this to knowingly providing false witness statements to police and/or false testimony at trial which could potentially take away someones freedom.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Raptor22
Honest question for those who would be in support of this. Would u be in favor of this for false accusations for every other crime, and would u extend this this to knowingly providing false witness statements to police and/or false testimony at trial which could potentially take away someones freedom. Good and Interesting post, morally yes, but as you suggest the logistics would be impossible. I do think a falsely accused person for rape could be a special case, but I'm not sure.

Silent Master
How often does that happen, it's so rare that's why it always makes the headlines when it does, or at least in the U.K. that's the case.

I'd like to see your source.

Surtur
If you are a legit rape victim I don't know why strict laws against lying about rape would prevent you from coming forward.

Accusing someone of rape and lacking solid evidence to back your claims is NOT the same as lying about rape.

Would someone say that making it a crime to falsely report a crime deters people from reporting actual crimes?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by -Pr-
They should be severely punished, yes. As much as a rapist would be if the crime was proven true? I'm not so sure. Still, enough to make anyone think twice about flippantly accusing anyone of something like that. Though in saying that, proving that someone is lying should be done with the same expectation of proof as proving that someone did it.

There's still that massive bracket that involves them not being able to prove that the person was raped, but not being able to prove that the person was lying either. good post. thumb up

dadudemon
Women in this day and age are vindictive and shallow... wow!

The average younger American Woman? A significant portion, yes. These types are vain, shallow, entitled, and disloyal.

https://i.imgur.com/XHV8daD.gif

I just went through the dating game gauntlet and saw far too much of this from the opposite sex. Some of this can be blamed on the toxicity of the Millennial generation and Social Media (not mutually exclusive).

But sorry to burst bubbles, a significant portion of young American men aren't any better.

More on the topic, I call this type of woman the "White American Basic B*tch." Even white people are tired of the Basic B*tch persona. Seems it is fading out and not tolerated as much among Gen Z which is great. Let the Basic B*tch personality die.

The men have the incels, f*ckboys, and douchebags groups.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
The average younger American Woman? A significant portion, yes. These types are vain, shallow, entitled, and disloyal.

https://i.imgur.com/XHV8daD.gif

I just went through the dating game gauntlet and saw far too much of this from the opposite sex. Some of this can be blamed on the toxicity of the Millennial generation and Social Media (not mutually exclusive).

But sorry to burst bubbles, a significant portion of young American men aren't any better.

More on the topic, I call this type of woman the "White American Basic B*tch." Even white people are tired of the Basic B*tch persona. Seems it is fading out and not tolerated as much among Gen Z which is great. Let the Basic B*tch personality die.

The men have the incels, f*ckboys, and douchebags groups. I pity American men and women then. Although I have dated two Americans and never had any problems beyond the usual break up emotions with either. Guess I was lucky!

Astner
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well the same standard of evidence applies to proving a false allegation.
Except that's not how the contemporary judiciary functions. Only one case is handled at a time in order to minimize bias on behalf of the judge and jurry.

But lying under oath is punishable.

dadudemon
Except that's not how the contemporary judiciary functions. Only one case is handled at a time in order to minimize bias on behalf of the judge and jurry.

But lying under oath is punishable.

Not in the US. You're tried for indictments in the same case. This is why you see, for publicized court cases, the judge read off the jury verdicts on indictment counts (now conviction counts).

Or are you talking about Civil cases (tort)? It's the same.

You may have a kinder more modern judicial system in your home country than the US.

Astner
So they should face no legal consequences for lying to the police and trying to take away an innocent person's freedom?
Beyond the punishment of lying under oath? No.

But I do think there should be a higher standard of evidence to convict an alleged rapist, that would make it impossible to convict innocents.

Silent Master
Beyond the punishment of lying under oath? No.

But I do think there should be a higher standard of evidence to convict an alleged rapist, that would make it impossible to convict innocents.

Lying under oath can get you up to 4 years in California and filing a false police report can get you a year or more. so a possible 5+ years. that sounds fair.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.