Japan Supreme Court on trans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX
How do you guys feel about this? I personally dont like the fact the Government can just do something like this.

/kSpBcQXhCqc

Surtur
Seems like it is extreme.

I do wonder if hollywood celebrities are gonna boycott Japan now though...

Nibedicus
DaFuq?

JapaNazi? :O

I think the government should change the law if they still have crazy ass laws like that. I get why the Supreme Court upheld it (since they only really interpret the law, not make new laws). It’s freakin 2019..!

Surtur
Japan is the same place where the government told you how many kids you can have though....so I'm not exactly shocked, talk about a country that TRULY wants to control woman's bodies, amirite fellas?!

Scribble
Originally posted by Surtur
Japan is the same place where the government told you how many kids you can have though....so I'm not exactly shocked, talk about a country that TRULY wants to control woman's bodies, amirite fellas?! That's China, if you're referring to the 'one child policy'. I haven't heard of anything similar in Japan, unless I'm mistaken

Surtur
How dare you correct me in public!

Bentley
How dare you correct me in public!

I blame reality for trying to contradict you!

Surtur
*shaking fist in general direction of reality*

Nibedicus
Your Asianophobia is showing Surt.

shifty

Surtur
Godzilla attacks Asia waaay more than other places. Just saying!

cdtm
Jesus Christ. I thought Japan was better then this.

cdtm
Seems like it is extreme.

I do wonder if hollywood celebrities are gonna boycott Japan now though...

That would be a mistake. They should stand in solidarity behind the people fighting this, not cut all ties to the country. The Supreme Court are not all of Japan.

SquallX

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
That would be a mistake. They should stand in solidarity behind the people fighting this, not cut all ties to the country. The Supreme Court are not all of Japan.

Yeah, but they boycotted North Carolina...or South Carolina, one of the Carolina's, over the bathroom bill. This is sterilization not "you gotta pee pee in the mens room brah".

Surtur
This makes me wonder...is it only trans people the Japanese sterilize or are there other mental illnesses that qualify for sterilization?

Adam_PoE
I think the way this issue is being framed is disingenuous.

In Japan, and in many other countries, before one can change the gender marker on his legal documents, such as his driver's license, he must first have sex reassignment surgery.

Sex reassignment surgery involves reconfiguring the genitals in a way that necessarily leaves one sterile.

That is where this notion that the Japanese government requires one to be sterilized comes from.

If you want to argue that the law is antiquated and/or unfair, you are free to do so, but you do not need to mislead people to make your case.

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

In Japan, and in many other countries, before one can change the gender marker on his legal documents, such as his driver's license, he must first have sex reassignment surgery.

Sex reassignment surgery involves reconfiguring the genitals in a way that necessarily leaves one sterile.

That is where this notion that the Japanese government requires one to be sterilized comes from.

If you want to argue that the law is antiquated and/or unfair, you are free to do so, but you do not need to mislead people to make your case.

If this is merely a consequence of sex reassignment surgery, then why does it need to be codified into law?

If this law doesn't oppress victims, then what are they fighting about?

cdtm
Looking at it closer, it says "sterilize before having gender changed on official documents."

So in other words, Japan demands that people "go all the way" reassignment surgery, before they allow the change to be recorded? No op, no registration change?

That does sound different then what this thread implies.

Still, lghtq groups seem against this policy. As someone closer to this issue then most here, what do you think, Adam?

Putinbot1

If you want to argue that the law is antiquated and/or unfair, you are free to do so, but you do not need to mislead people to make your case. thumb up

Adam_PoE
Looking at it closer, it says "sterilize before having gender changed on official documents."

So in other words, Japan demands that people "go all the way" reassignment surgery, before they allow the change to be recorded? No op, no registration change?

That does sound different then what this thread implies.

Still, lghtq groups seem against this policy. As someone closer to this issue then most here, what do you think, Adam?

I think there are some legitimate criticisms of the law. Some transgender people do not wish to change their bodies. Others cannot afford to. For those people, it would be unfair to require them to have SRS in order to change their documents.

They would do far better to make those arguments, then to pretend that the government is forcing them into sterilization centers in order to get a new driver's license.

The law itself is not ill-intended, it is just antiquated, or misapplied. It was crafted with transsexuals in mind, at a time when people presumed that all transgender people were transsexual, and that transgender was the new term for transsexual.

The law is not keeping pace with social recognition, which is not unique to this situation. Lawmaking is deliberative process that is slow and takes time. Social change happens much faster. And in this instance, the law is outdated, but it is not malicious. And you do a disservice to your argument by overstating the case.

Emperordmb

you do not need to mislead people to make your case.
https://i.imgur.com/w3hUyFC.gif

Flyattractor
To be fair their is a Lot of Damage Created by the Transgender Community that Goes UnReported in the U.S alone.

But then that is How the Left Works.

And at least this law makes the Trans go FULL Trans. None of this halfway wussy bullshit.

Robtard

Well that makes more sense, hopefully that clears up the perceived "forced sterilization, so let's attack Hollywood here for some unrelated reason!" outrage.

Flyattractor
If they make them go FULL CHANGE you don't really have to Neuter them anyway.

Emperordmb
>Trump wants to legally define sex as biologically determined
>The Left freaks out, even though they're the ones always saying sex and gender are different

>Japan supreme court passes ruling about sterilizing transgender people
>the Left shrugs

Flyattractor
What if the JSC wore red hats when they did it?

Robtard
Originally posted by Emperordmb
>Trump wants to legally define sex as biologically determined
>The Left freaks out, even though they're the ones always saying sex and gender are different

>Japan supreme court passes ruling about sterilizing transgender people
>the Left shrugs As noted, these laws in Japan are outdated and shitty, but that narrative is wrong.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
As noted, these laws in Japan are outdated and shitty, but that narrative is wrong.

Now that is a Racist Comment.

SquallX
Originally posted by Emperordmb
https://i.imgur.com/w3hUyFC.gif

/irKxtVOymXY

cdtm
Advice from a guy who literally stood there and let himself be cut down. evil face

Robtard
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes" is an absolute statement :0

SquallX
Advice from a guy who literally stood there and let himself be cut down. evil face

Hey now! The force says it was okay😤

Flyattractor
And yet Robbie believes that Abortion is an Absolute Right of Women . Does he not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.