MCU Luke Cage vs. LOTR Cave Troll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Moria Cave troll with the mace
Round 2: Armored Cave troll that smashed through the gates in Minas Tirith

who wins

StiltmanFTW
Isn't Cage... like... retardedly durable?

Cave Troll had some good feats (especially if we include the extended edition), but it's a bit too much to put him on superhero levels.

TheVaultDweller
Only advantage I can see the cave troll really having is size. Luke has him in speed, skill, durability, and quite possibly strength as well (been a while since I watched the LOTR films, so struggling to remember all the strength/striking feats).

Question is would Luke be willing to use lethal force in this instance, seeing as it's not a human opponent? Because morals could make a huge difference here, depending on how much damage Cage is actually willing to inflict. If he's not willing to really lay into the troll, he might get caught out in the process.

riv6672

Inhuman
Does the cave troll owe Luke money?

steverules_2
Yes

riv6672
Well that settles it.

BruceSkywalker
so Luke versus fly, h1 and LoM

Eon Blue
Luke wins.

ShadowFyre
Those trolls could hit pretty hard. I still think like wins

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Those trolls could hit pretty hard. I still think like wins

There was only one Cave Troll in the whole movie trilogy (excluding the Bilbo ones that were turned to stone).

In The Return of the King, Gothmog commanded the Olog-hai - "upgraded" trolls that weren't vulnerable to sunlight.

And at the Black Gate, Aragorn fought a Chieftain.

Surtur
Luke wins. He's far more durable than the trolls, and he seems stronger too. We saw that arrows could hurt the trolls.

John Murdoch
"Sweet Christmas!"

Said just before Luke uppercuts any of the trolls into the realm of Oblivion (mixing fantasy worlds, I know I know).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.