Most powerful Sword, or Spear in comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
What are the top 10 swords, spears, etc in comics?

xJLxKing
Ill start with 4 common ones

Spear of Destiny
Sword of Superman
God Killer
Sword of Might

SamZED
All-Black the Necro Sword - used to murder Celestials.

Jmanghan
Sword of Superman, without a doubt.

Made Superman almost = to The Presence.

**** off stiltman.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I have never read a comic from beginning to end in my life.

DarkSaint85
Ahahaahalove the preemptive **** you.

Also add:
Spear of Gungnir
Ebony Blade

StiltmanFTW
Three Sisters of Doom x2

Astner
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Spear of Destiny
Depends on how you define power I suppose. It only negated magic as far as I recall, leaving even the Spectre groveling on the floor.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Spear of Gungnir
Please tell me it's not been called that. Gungnir wasn't a previous owner of the spear, Gungnir is the spear's name. Similar to how Mjolnir is the hammer's name.

DarkSaint85
I call it that.

What of it???

Also, I think the Spear of Destiny was what stopped superheroes from entering WW2; it didn't just negate magic, but all powers, right? So the JSA couldn't join.

That would include the Thunderbolt....

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Astner
Depends on how you define power I suppose. It only negated magic as far as I recall, leaving even the Spectre groveling on the floor.
I remember it combine spectre fraction power could destroying DC timestream in the last days of the justice society of america.And also keeping a bunch of superheroes from Germany during the WW2

xJLxKing

Galan007
Creation Blades as well.

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I call it that.

What of it???

Also, I think the Spear of Destiny was what stopped superheroes from entering WW2; it didn't just negate magic, but all powers, right? So the JSA couldn't join.

That would include the Thunderbolt....

It didnt negate their powers it made them pawns of the wielder of the spear when they were in the territory occupied by the wielders forces. The holy grail had the same effect for Tojo and Japan.

When Superman et all went to take down Japan after pearl Harbour Supes, Alan Scot, Wonder Woman, and Dr Fate became combatants for the Imperial Japanese forces fighting the lesser all Star squadron members. In issue 35- 37 (IIRC) when Billy Batson/ Capt Marvel came to earth 2 Hitler used the spear to separate billy and Cap into separate entities so he could keep billy in Germany and use that fact to control Cap over Britain. Thomas also retconned the story where the JSA went into Europe to raise money for war orphans as Dr Faye having cast a spell to lower the power level of the JSA so that the Spears influence would be limited (something he could apparently only do because both He and Spec were at quite a low power eb)

Bentley
Whichever Sword or Spear Conan happens to be holding

/thread

leonidas
mournblade/stormbringer, twilight, odinsword, sword of power (he-man) would all be on the list along with the ones mentioned. excalibur has had some good and not great showings as well. maybe the witchblade.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Galan007
Creation Blades as well. Yeah, they're super powerful. Could probably cut Thor and Hulk in half with the strength of a child.

shifty

leonidas
laughing out loud

shifty

cdtm
Thrice named sword, that kills anyone with a nick, including Lucifer.

Stormbringer. Really from Moorcocks novels and the game, but they had comics.

Stoic
No one said Twilight? I thought that it was pretty OP when Hela had it.

Zelax
Stormbringer
Odinsword
Spear of Destiny
Creation Blades

DarkSaint85
Vorpal Sword from Fables.

leonidas
I mentioned it earlier. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Fake news.

leonidas
you ninja'd me. snicker-snack! vorpal was good and fables was better. the soul sword might deserve an honourable mention--especially against anything magical. might be the most haxx of all weapons vs magic.

MrMind
ma dick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.