KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Most powerful Sword, or Spear in comics?

Most powerful Sword, or Spear in comics?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Most powerful Sword, or Spear in comics?

What are the top 10 swords, spears, etc in comics?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 03:29 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Ill start with 4 common ones

Spear of Destiny
Sword of Superman
God Killer
Sword of Might

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 03:56 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

All-Black the Necro Sword - used to murder Celestials.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 06:57 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Sword of Superman, without a doubt.

Made Superman almost = to The Presence.

**** off stiltman.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 07:36 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I have never read a comic from beginning to end in my life.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 09:52 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Ahahaahalove the preemptive **** you.

Also add:
Spear of Gungnir
Ebony Blade

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:05 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Three Sisters of Doom x2

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Spear of Destiny

Depends on how you define power I suppose. It only negated magic as far as I recall, leaving even the Spectre groveling on the floor.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Spear of Gungnir

Please tell me it's not been called that. Gungnir wasn't a previous owner of the spear, Gungnir is the spear's name. Similar to how Mjolnir is the hammer's name.

Last edited by Astner on Apr 4th, 2019 at 10:32 AM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:29 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I call it that.

What of it???

Also, I think the Spear of Destiny was what stopped superheroes from entering WW2; it didn't just negate magic, but all powers, right? So the JSA couldn't join.

That would include the Thunderbolt....

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:45 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by Astner
Depends on how you define power I suppose. It only negated magic as far as I recall, leaving even the Spectre groveling on the floor.
I remember it combine spectre fraction power could destroying DC timestream in the last days of the justice society of america.And also keeping a bunch of superheroes from Germany during the WW2

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:53 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I call it that.

What of it???

Also, I think the Spear of Destiny was what stopped superheroes from entering WW2; it didn't just negate magic, but all powers, right? So the JSA couldn't join.

That’s correct!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 11:17 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Creation Blades as well.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 12:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I call it that.

What of it???

It didnt negate their powers it made them pawns of the wielder of the spear when they were in the territory occupied by the wielders forces. The holy grail had the same effect for Tojo and Japan.

When Superman et all went to take down Japan after pearl Harbour Supes, Alan Scot, Wonder Woman, and Dr Fate became combatants for the Imperial Japanese forces fighting the lesser all Star squadron members. In issue 35- 37 (IIRC) when Billy Batson/ Capt Marvel came to earth 2 Hitler used the spear to separate billy and Cap into separate entities so he could keep billy in Germany and use that fact to control Cap over Britain. Thomas also retconned the story where the JSA went into Europe to raise money for war orphans as Dr Faye having cast a spell to lower the power level of the JSA so that the Spears influence would be limited (something he could apparently only do because both He and Spec were at quite a low power eb)

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 01:35 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Whichever Sword or Spear Conan happens to be holding

/thread

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 01:40 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

mournblade/stormbringer, twilight, odinsword, sword of power (he-man) would all be on the list along with the ones mentioned. excalibur has had some good and not great showings as well. maybe the witchblade.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 06:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
Creation Blades as well.
Yeah, they're super powerful. Could probably cut Thor and Hulk in half with the strength of a child.

shifty

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 07:01 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

shifty

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 08:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thrice named sword, that kills anyone with a nick, including Lucifer.

Stormbringer. Really from Moorcocks novels and the game, but they had comics.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

No one said Twilight? I thought that it was pretty OP when Hela had it.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:34 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zelax

Stormbringer
Odinsword
Spear of Destiny
Creation Blades

Last edited by Zelax on Apr 4th, 2019 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 10:39 PM
Zelax is currently offline Click here to Send Zelax a Private Message Find more posts by Zelax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote