Divorce and the Silver Bullet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Putinbot1
https://www.allsides.com/news-source/quillette-media-bias

Tzeentch
Give me the TLDR. "Divorce sucks for dudes"?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Give me the TLDR. "Divorce sucks for dudes"? I'll be honest, both divorces I had were great. I paid them to go away, lovely.

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
https://www.allsides.com/news-source/quillette-media-bias

Thry do claim a good confidence rating on low bias. The category seems to come more from some of their headlines like "toxic femininity" and "privilege vs paranoia".

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
Thry do claim a good confidence rating on low bias. The category seems to come more from some of their headlines like "toxic femininity" and "privilege vs paranoia". and laguage used in the body of text etc.

cdtm
On divorces in general, I wonder if unrealistic standards and expectations are partially to blame for younger generations divorcing so often?

The old guard that managed to keep it together for 60+ years of marriage, were tempered by things like major wars, prohibition, depressions, social upheavals. So when the inevitable fights happened, they could just absorb it and move on.

Compare with the biggest concerns of people today. Everyone wants what's owed them, and they want it yesterday.

At least, that's been my experiences. I've had good friends turn down good jobs because they wanted a window, or insisted on an unrealistically high pay at a Fortune 500 company out of college.

Seen a few others divorce over literally nothing. One of them wanted to relax and play some games after work, the other wanted to snuggle and watch tv. Not much room for negotiation when they want vastly different things (And just accepting the loss? Hah.) So divorce.

The point of this ramble, is I don't see a quality in many people, that older couples seemed to have: The ability to just put up with whatever's bothering them and move on, instead of fighting it out about every little thing.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I'll be honest, both divorces I had were great. I paid them to go away, lovely.

Mine was great, too. We still talk and take care of each other when possible. No reason to be mean just because love is lost.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
Mine was great, too. We still talk and take care of each other when possible. No reason to be mean just because love is lost. Absolutely, I still talk to both they are the mothers of my kids.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.