The Night King vs The Witch King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Robtard

John Murdoch

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Agreed.

As long as the Witch King's weapons don't get turned into ice and shattered upon touching the Night King (one of the Whitewalker's did that to a sword in Hardhome), WK should just be able to batter him to death. Night King has no combat feats from what I remember on the show save for spearing Theon at Winterfell.

The melee combat showings we have from WK have him stabbing Frodo then losing with the Nazgul to Aragorn at Weathertop and then supernaturally breaking Gandalf's staff and losing to a prophecy-lusted Eowyn and Merry. However, WK was in no danger of losing to Eowyn without the prophecy, and if one were to give movie Aragorn a Valyrian steel-forged Anduril he could probably kill all the whitewalkers and the Night King by his lonesome.

WK wins.

Thats kinda reaching on the part about Aragorn defeating an entire army by his lonesome. Not gonna happen.

But yeah, Witch King should win this.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thats kinda reaching on the part about Aragorn defeating an entire army by his lonesome. Not gonna happen.

But yeah, Witch King should win this.

My bad, I meant the Whitewalker "council" or just the long-bearded bros in armor with the Witch King. They are like 7-8 deep I think. Not all the wights/whitewalker army as well. I wasn't too clear.

ShadowFyre
Ok. That makes more sense. And he definitely has the potential to do that.

StiltmanFTW

ShadowFyre
Totally forgot about that. Thats a helluva no limits fallacy. Witch king vs. Superman

KingD19
Is the Night King even considered a "man" anymore aside from the male honorific? He's literally a walking ice zombie wizard who can casually raise millions of dead to follow his every command and one-shot a dragon. If anything he's more a force of nature, as winter legit follows him around.

That would mean Durin's Bane for example wouldn't be able to hurt/kill the Witch King because it's considered a male, even though it's a Balrog.

ShadowFyre
I dont know. I thought at one point the night king was a man?

relentless1
Witch King doesn't have Dragonglass or Valeryian Steel so he loses

KingD19
He was one of the First Men that got Dragonglass pushed into his chest by a Child of the Forest. That's what turned him into the Night King more than 10,000 years ago.

But that's a long time to have been a force of nature. And he does have the ability to produce blizzards and snowstorms, and is stronger than the Witch King going by the feats of the White Walkers being far stronger and tougher than humans. And without Dragonglass or Valyrian Steel, would he be able to hurt/kill the Night King?

steverules_2
Originally posted by KingD19
He was one of the First Men that got Dragonglass pushed into his chest by a Child of the Forest. That's what turned him into the Night King more than 10,000 years ago.

But that's a long time to have been a force of nature. And he does have the ability to produce blizzards and snowstorms, and is stronger than the Witch King going by the feats of the White Walkers being far stronger and tougher than humans. And without Dragonglass or Valyrian Steel, would he be able to hurt/kill the Night King?

Doubtful, Night king took a full on dragon blast and smiled

ShadowFyre
So its a stalemate

KingD19
Not necessarily, as again, the Night King can't be considered as a man anymore. Just like despite being called the Witch King of Angmar, he is no longer considered a man. Nor the Ring Wraith's who all used to be men.

ShadowFyre
I get what your saying but does it really work like that? I dont knkw how all that trans identify as this and that works 🤣

steverules_2
Originally posted by KingD19
Not necessarily, as again, the Night King can't be considered as a man anymore. Just like despite being called the Witch King of Angmar, he is no longer considered a man. Nor the Ring Wraith's who all used to be men.

I also get what you're saying but still...
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRvzbMzH/tenortert.gif

KingD19

ShadowFyre
I guess, so people like Dr. Manhattan, Dracula etc. Would no longer be men?

And I am not necessarily disagreeing with you. In all honesty I have never even considered that or thought about it.

KingD19
Dr. Manhattan is a consciousness that makes an energy-based body to interact with people. He still tries to retain his humanity though. And it depends on the Dracula as some vampires can procreate. And most are simply undead but still the gender they were when they were turned. Bot like Night King who isn't even flesh and blood anymore or the witch king who is a...ghost in a suit of armor?

ShadowFyre
Ok. Probably not good examples, but I cant think of any movieverse ones off the top of my head. Maybe swamp thing? I dont know. Sounds good.

Can the witch king hurt night king on a spiritual or magical level?

KingD19
It's possible. The issue is we're not sure how much leeway we get with their powers against each other. For example, Witch King can't use his fear aura on Night King because he's not a normal person, also I don't believe he had anything to fear as he already commanded death itself. Would he be able to shatter Night King's ice weapons, or would NK's weapons shatter WK's sword? They're both so esoteric and vaguely explained that it's hard to guage.

ShadowFyre
Well, this isn't a very logical decision but Im gonna go with the books that I read multiple times as a kid and go with Tolkiens creation for no other reason than that.

Psychotron

cdtm
Like you said, magic sword.

Those are like Witch Kings dragon glass. He was pretty much immune to anything else, even Galdalfs powers.

ares834
thumb up

Exactly. Now, in the books at least, the Nazgul do have some form of warding spell on them that grants them some degree of invulnerability. This spell was undone by Merry's "sword" which was (once more in the books) actually a magical blade intended for fighting against the undead.

NemeBro
The Witch King throws the Night King down and smites his ruin upon the mountainside.

Psychotron

Josh_Alexander
The Night King wins, he was able to stop a highly skilled assassin (Who ambushed him BTW) like Arya, and was only killed by this last one was tricky enough.

Also, The Night King's Ice spear/Sword would just shatter anything the Witch King has to offer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.