KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Night King vs The Witch King

The Night King vs The Witch King
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Night King vs The Witch King

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 01:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The Witch-king of Angmar, also known as the Lord of the Nazgūl and the Black Captain wins

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 06:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
The Witch-king of Angmar, also known as the Lord of the Nazgūl and the Black Captain wins

Agreed.

As long as the Witch King's weapons don't get turned into ice and shattered upon touching the Night King (one of the Whitewalker's did that to a sword in Hardhome), WK should just be able to batter him to death. Night King [SPOILER - highlight to read]: has no combat feats from what I remember on the show save for spearing Theon at Winterfell.

The melee combat showings we have from WK have him stabbing Frodo then losing with the Nazgul to Aragorn at Weathertop and then supernaturally breaking Gandalf's staff and losing to a prophecy-lusted Eowyn and Merry. However, WK was in no danger of losing to Eowyn without the prophecy, and if one were to give movie Aragorn a Valyrian steel-forged Anduril he could probably kill all the whitewalkers and the Night King by his lonesome.

WK wins.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 06:32 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Agreed.

As long as the Witch King's weapons don't get turned into ice and shattered upon touching the Night King (one of the Whitewalker's did that to a sword in Hardhome), WK should just be able to batter him to death. Night King [SPOILER - highlight to read]: has no combat feats from what I remember on the show save for spearing Theon at Winterfell.

The melee combat showings we have from WK have him stabbing Frodo then losing with the Nazgul to Aragorn at Weathertop and then supernaturally breaking Gandalf's staff and losing to a prophecy-lusted Eowyn and Merry. However, WK was in no danger of losing to Eowyn without the prophecy, and if one were to give movie Aragorn a Valyrian steel-forged Anduril he could probably kill all the whitewalkers and the Night King by his lonesome.

WK wins.

Thats kinda reaching on the part about Aragorn defeating an entire army by his lonesome. Not gonna happen.

But yeah, Witch King should win this.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 06:44 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thats kinda reaching on the part about Aragorn defeating an entire army by his lonesome. Not gonna happen.

But yeah, Witch King should win this.

My bad, I meant the Whitewalker "council" or just the long-bearded bros in armor with the Witch King. They are like 7-8 deep I think. Not all the wights/whitewalker army as well. I wasn't too clear.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 06:53 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Ok. That makes more sense. And he definitely has the potential to do that.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 06:56 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Robtard

Invulnerable to all males, lol

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 07:22 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Totally forgot about that. Thats a helluva no limits fallacy. Witch king vs. Superman

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 10:39 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Is the Night King even considered a "man" anymore aside from the male honorific? He's literally a walking ice zombie wizard who can casually raise millions of dead to follow his every command and one-shot a dragon. If anything he's more a force of nature, as winter legit follows him around.

That would mean Durin's Bane for example wouldn't be able to hurt/kill the Witch King because it's considered a male, even though it's a Balrog.

Old Post May 1st, 2019 12:06 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I dont know. I thought at one point the night king was a man?

Old Post May 1st, 2019 12:12 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Witch King doesn't have Dragonglass or Valeryian Steel so he loses

Old Post May 1st, 2019 12:31 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

He was one of the First Men that got Dragonglass pushed into his chest by a Child of the Forest. That's what turned him into the Night King more than 10,000 years ago.

But that's a long time to have been a force of nature. And he does have the ability to produce blizzards and snowstorms, and is stronger than the Witch King going by the feats of the White Walkers being far stronger and tougher than humans. And without Dragonglass or Valyrian Steel, would he be able to hurt/kill the Night King?

Old Post May 1st, 2019 12:34 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by KingD19
He was one of the First Men that got Dragonglass pushed into his chest by a Child of the Forest. That's what turned him into the Night King more than 10,000 years ago.

But that's a long time to have been a force of nature. And he does have the ability to produce blizzards and snowstorms, and is stronger than the Witch King going by the feats of the White Walkers being far stronger and tougher than humans. And without Dragonglass or Valyrian Steel, would he be able to hurt/kill the Night King?

Doubtful, Night king took a full on dragon blast and smiled

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 1st, 2019 12:37 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So its a stalemate

Old Post May 1st, 2019 01:13 AM
KingD19

Not necessarily, as again, the Night King can't be considered as a man anymore. Just like despite being called the Witch King of Angmar, he is no longer considered a man. Nor the Ring Wraith's who all used to be men.

Old Post May 1st, 2019 01:18 AM
ShadowFyre

I get what your saying but does it really work like that? I dont knkw how all that trans identify as this and that works 🤣

Old Post May 1st, 2019 02:17 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by KingD19
Not necessarily, as again, the Night King can't be considered as a man anymore. Just like despite being called the Witch King of Angmar, he is no longer considered a man. Nor the Ring Wraith's who all used to be men.

I also get what you're saying but still...
(please log in to view the image)

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 1st, 2019 02:21 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Usually when you are one thing, and then transform into something that is completely physically and mystically different from what you were, you can't be considered what you used to be.

Aragorn even directly says the Ringwraith's used to be men, but aren't anymore.

They were once men. Great kings of men. Then Sauron the deceiver gave to them nine rings of power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question. One by one, they fell into darkness and now they're slaves to His will. They are the Nazgūls, Ringwraiths. Neither living nor dead. At all times, they feel the presence of the Ring. Drawn to the power of the One, they will never stop hunting you." (Strider)

The Night King was magically altered by the Children of the Forest and is now an undying creature of sentient ice and cold that command swarms of the dead. He's as far from a man as you can get.

Old Post May 1st, 2019 02:24 AM
ShadowFyre

I guess, so people like Dr. Manhattan, Dracula etc. Would no longer be men?

And I am not necessarily disagreeing with you. In all honesty I have never even considered that or thought about it.

Old Post May 1st, 2019 12:14 PM
KingD19

Dr. Manhattan is a consciousness that makes an energy-based body to interact with people. He still tries to retain his humanity though. And it depends on the Dracula as some vampires can procreate. And most are simply undead but still the gender they were when they were turned. Bot like Night King who isn't even flesh and blood anymore or the witch king who is a...ghost in a suit of armor?

Old Post May 1st, 2019 12:17 PM