Living Tribunal vs Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
No statements to be used to scale either characters compared to other characters, only feats performed by both characters allowed. Feats for every version of Spectre allowed here as well as LT.

Who wins?

SithLantern93
Dawn of Time Corrigan Spectre and Hal Jordan Spectre with Logoz would beat LT. Golden Age Spectre without Ring of Life would get stomped, but with it, would beat LT. Crispus would loose. Corrigan would either loose or win depending on writer. He was quite inconsistent.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SithLantern93
Dawn of Time Corrigan Spectre and Hal Jordan Spectre with Logoz would beat LT. Golden Age Spectre without Ring of Life would get stomped, but with it, would beat LT. Crispus would loose. Corrigan would either loose or win depending on writer. He was quite inconsistent.
All feats of Spectre on his own are allowed here.

Bentley
What are even the LT's feats? Holding two megaverses in his hands is all I can come up with.

SithLantern93
Originally posted by abhilegend
All feats of Spectre on his own are allowed here.

Then Spectre wins. What has LT done besides depowering IG?

Bentley
He made a sun go nova once

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bentley
What are even the LT's feats? Holding two megaverses in his hands is all I can come up with.
Those were creators of the megaverses. Not megaverses itself.

DarkSaint85
I think he held a planet in his hands once?

DeadpoolXXX
LT is pathetic if we're talking about feats

Spectre rapes him

zopzop
Then Spectre wins. What has LT done besides depowering IG?
He didn't even do that. Warlock stopped fighting and allowed the LT to do what he wanted with the Gems.

A serious Spectre would kill him IMHO.

operator616

Golden Age Spectre with or without the RoL hasn't done anything to suggest he's anywhere close to LT.

Jim corrigan has to be split into versions i think since he got depowered shortly after COIE. Silve age Corrigan loses, Bronze age Corrigan would be the strongest and i think he has a real chance winning here especially if it's late bronze age. Ostranger's version of the Spectre would lose imo, he was limited.

Crispus of course loses. Hal Spectre vs LT would be interesting to see, i think ill give edge to Hal though.

There's also hostless Spectre who also probably loses since his power is not properly directed/channeled without a host.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Tribunal stomps. Spectre's a known jobber lmao

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by operator616
Golden Age Spectre with or without the RoL hasn't done anything to suggest he's anywhere close to LT.

Jim corrigan has to be split into versions i think since he got depowered shortly after COIE. Silve age Corrigan loses, Bronze age Corrigan would be the strongest and i think he has a real chance winning here especially if it's late bronze age. Ostranger's version of the Spectre would lose imo, he was limited.

Crispus of course loses. Hal Spectre vs LT would be interesting to see, i think ill give edge to Hal though.

There's also hostless Spectre who also probably loses since his power is not properly directed/channeled without a host.
Hal is the Spectre without any restrain IMO, He only has two limitations: His perception and has other parts of himself not complete retrieve

But I must say hostless Spectre(Day Of Vengeance) Has some chances winning this since he rampage most magic dimension( Even Fifth Dimension IIRC) and almost killed all order/chaos lords IMO

operator616
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Hal is the Spectre without any restrain IMO, He only has two limits: His perception and has other parts of himself not complete retrieve

But I must say hostless Spectre(Day Of Vengeance) Has some chances winning this since he rampage most magic dimension( Even Fifth Dimension IIRC) and almost killed all order/chaos lords IMO

He's certainly the one with the most potential. But it was mentioned time and time again that he was nowhere near his full limits but still performed incredibly impressive feats.

Hostless Spectre was established in Ostrander's run to be not as effective as one with a host. It was the reason he was bound to a host in the first place.

qwertyuiop1998
He's certainly the one with the most potential. But it was mentioned time and time again that he was nowhere near his full limits but still performed incredibly impressive feats.

Hostless Spectre was established in Ostrander's run to be not as effective as one with a host. It was the reason he was bound to a host in the first place. thumb up

DeadpoolXXX
what feats does LT even have that would put him above peak spectre? i cant even imagine the kind of vapid retard it would take to say that LT wins lol

operator616
Ah the god ol' "peak" spectre makes his return again. Whatever the hell that actually means.

Oh actually i know what this means. Only high showings apply for the spectre right?

But we're not actually going to use "peak" LT right? Otherwise how will we ever mention his low showings against chaos/order and the like?

DeadpoolXXX
op says "Feats for every version of Spectre allowed here as well as LT"

so yeah peak spectre and i assume peak LT. thats why i was asking for feats for LT. calm down

operator616
You barged into the thread calling everyone who disagrees with you a retard. You are the one who needs to cool down first.

DeadpoolXXX
if im wrong then please do post feats that put LT above spectre.

ill be waitingsmile

operator616
There are many different versions of the spectre, and some of them i even gave the win. Ive already made my argument in my original post.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
if im wrong then please do post feats that put LT above spectre.

ill be waitingsmile

Right or wrong, don't be a **** about it. You can debate without being an *******, so do try.

abhilegend
There are many different versions of the spectre, and some of them i even gave the win. Ive already made my argument in my original post.
I'm curious about the feats of LT which give him the win here. Mind sharing?

operator616
I'm curious about the feats of LT which give him the win here. Mind sharing?

He was dictating the architects of 2 megaverses. Restored the IG meeting with a snap of his fingers where all the other abstracts were blasted away, merged surfer with the universe to let him experience godhood, sealed off universes several times, had a multiversal battle with the beyonders, his skin was used by illuminati to survive multiversal collapse and well... he's consistently shown to be above the other abstracts.

abhilegend
He was dictating the architects of 2 megaverses.
That's just comparison with other characters though.

The only good feat honestly and Quasar even retconned it as merely M bodies.

Meh.

Only one I recall is against Korvac.

Getting killed is a feat now?

It was just destruction of two universes.

Again with comparisons? So I take it as LT has at best universal feats, eh?

operator616
That's just comparison with other characters though.

The only good feat honestly and Quasar even retconned it as merely M bodies.

Only one I recall is against Korvac.

Getting killed is a feat now?

It was just destruction of two universes.

Again with comparisons? So I take it as LT has at best universal feats, eh?

No he was actively holding them in his hands and dictating them. That's an influence of power.

Every abstract gathering was retconned into m-bodies in quasar iirc, but im not sure how that's relevant? that doesn't mean they weren't at full power.

Yeah that was the only time, i got confused about quasar where he merely sealed new universe earth

it was a battle across all realities, so showing that LT can battle across all universes. Meaning he is multiversal.

It was multiversal collapse

Are you implying he's universal? That's not even mentioning that he can exist in higher dimensional spaces and even oversees all the higher dimensions. Oversees all the multiverses and the like.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Abhi, don't do it. we already know you're a dc fanboy to the heart, but don't embarass yourself and argue LT's universal.

abhilegend
No he was actively holding them in his hands and dictating them. That's an influence of power.

Hardly.

M bodies don't operate on full power.

Good.

Even Uatu and Aron have done that, doesn't mean jackshit. Getting killed isn't a feat.

It was an incursion. Nothing more.

And yet, has nothing but universal feats. Adam Warlock LT (More powerful than previous LT) couldn't restore a single universe and one universe gives you power to rival and surpass LT.

So yeah, I'm doing it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Abhi, don't do it. we already know you're a dc fanboy to the heart, but don't embarass yourself and argue LT's universal.
Shut up troll.

AlbertoJohnAvil
You're arguing LT peak limit is Universal and you're calling somebody a troll? your opinions are meaningless my dude, people only respond to you when they wanna be entertained LOL laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

abhilegend
You're arguing LT peak limit is Universal and you're calling somebody a troll? your opinions are meaningless my dude, people only respond to you when they wanna be entertained LOL laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
At least I'm not copy pasting comicvine posts, eh?

AlbertoJohnAvil
At least I'm not copy pasting comicvine posts, eh?

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing by all means post where the exact comment off comicvine. I'll wait troll

abhilegend
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing by all means post where the exact comment off comicvine. I'll wait troll
You've already been shown that. Again, shut up.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

abhilegend
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

ermm

Acting like a true comicvine troll.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I think you're hilarious bro

abhilegend
Do you have anything to add in here? Waiting for those multiversal feats.

operator616
Hardly.

Even Uatu and Aron have done that, doesn't mean jackshit. Getting killed isn't a feat.

And yet, has nothing but universal feats. Adam Warlock LT (More powerful than previous LT) couldn't restore a single universe and one universe gives you power to rival and surpass LT.

So yeah, I'm doing it.

Whatever you say.

Scan? no bs saying that it's just a visualization which doesn't prove anything, i want actual scan saying m-bodies don't operate at full power.

Great feat for the watchers, i guess.

which is capable of destroying universes, yes.

Warlock was LT of a single actuality, which doesn't make a lotta sense but it is what it is.

So which versions of spectre win/lose iyo?

abhilegend
Hardly.

Good.

So yeah, I'm doing it.
Actually, it's even stated in the very same issue that Eternity only sent a M body which is not at full power.

https://i.postimg.cc/SQtwWCyx/image.jpg

operator616
That's what i was expecting you to post hence my comment. Eternity being a visualization doesn't mean he doesn't have power or are you assuming he was just a hologram or something in warlock trial? Yes he sends a visualization -- a physical manifestation instead of appearing as a freakin' universe in a trial, but that doesn't mean his power is limited.

abhilegend
Whatever you say.

ermm

Why wouldn't that be prove when Eternity straight up said so?

Uatu is more powerful than LT, confirmed.

Two universes at most. Hyperion survived one.

He was stated to be more powerful than previous LT who was killed by Beyonders.

Still not sure.

abhilegend
That's what i was expecting you to post hence my comment. Eternity being a visualization doesn't mean he doesn't have power or are you assuming he was just a hologram or something in warlock trial? Yes he sends a visualization -- a physical manifestation instead of appearing as a freakin' universe in a trial, but that doesn't mean his power is limited.
He straight up said that had he not sent a visualization, the gauntlet wouldn't have effected him.

What more you need?

operator616

Why wouldn't that be prove when Eternity straight up said so?
He straight up said that had he not sent a visualization, the gauntlet wouldn't have effected him.
What more you need?

Uatu is more powerful than LT, confirmed.

Two universes at most. Hyperion survived one.

He was stated to be more powerful than previous LT who was killed by Beyonders.

Still not sure.

Not sure what's so hard to understand here. Eternity uses m-bodies to interact with lowly creatures. These m-bodies can be physically harmed unlike his non-corporeal true self. But that doesn't mean he can't focus his full power through the m-body.

Equal would be more fair wouldn't you say?

Great feat for Hyperion i guess.

umm... i don't recall that?

Inedian
Him holding brothers is his greatest feat. And it is a feat... he had power dominion over them.

Eternity pretty much says tha IG wouldn't have affect him if he was in his totality. Anyway, it's pretty clear Eternity knows that even in his totality is below LT.

Warlock LT > classic LT... even if it was stated it's ridiculously far from truth. Even you abhi shouldn't take that seriously, because that statement is a joke.

And it was pretty clear from THOTI that LT was top of the food chain.

And such huge power display over brothers is better than anything from Spectre and than most of comic characters ever.

abhilegend
Not sure what's so hard to understand here. Eternity uses m-bodies to interact with lowly creatures. These m-bodies can be physically harmed unlike his non-corporeal true self. But that doesn't mean he can't focus his full power through the m-body.

That's your theory, prove it first.

Yep, Hyperion=Uatu=LT. Infinity Finale.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Inedian
Him holding brothers is his greatest feat. And it is a feat... he had power dominion over them.

Eternity pretty much says tha IG wouldn't have affect him if he was in his totality. Anyway, it's pretty clear Eternity knows that even in his totality is below LT.

Warlock LT > classic LT... even if it was stated it's ridiculously far from truth. Even you abhi shouldn't take that seriously, because that statement is a joke.

And it was pretty clear from THOTI that LT was top of the food chain.

And such huge power display over brothers is better than anything from Spectre and than most of comic characters ever.
You know Spectre was shown as a peer when LT was handling the "brothers", eh?

Inedian
You know Spectre was shown as a peer when LT was handling the "brothers", eh?

I know... but what LT did to Brothers was after Spectre and LT vs. Brothers and display of LT alone with Brothers was far more impressive and greater dominion than LT and Spectre vs them.

LT alone did that.

Quick Freeze

Inedian
I must admit i haven't read comics in along time, so there are things i left and surely missed what happened in the meantime.

operator616
That's your theory, prove it first.

Yep, Hyperion=Uatu=LT.

Infinity Finale.

So i take it you believe LT and co would go like "hey gang, there's a multiversal crisis going on right now, let's go in our super-depowered m-bodies to solve it"? There's nothing suggesting the m bodies are depowered. They're vulnerable, sure, not depowered.

Yeah, all of them are omniversal.

Post the scan. I smell something fishy here.

Quick Freeze

Mr Master

So i take it you believe LT and co would go like "hey gang, there's a multiversal crisis going on right now, let's go in our super-depowered m-bodies to solve it"? There's nothing suggesting the m bodies are depowered. They're vulnerable, sure, not depowered.
laughing out loud ... thumb up

Welcome back true debater.

I see you're in the muck with the low-ballin experts at kmc.

Mr Master
-----------------------------------------------------------

The Marvel Brothers look exactly like the original Brothers (Marvel & DC)

The Marvel Brothers are locked in an eternal struggle just like the original Brothers (Marvel & DC)

They have the same Name: ... The BROTHERS! ... lol

The Marvel Brothers battle with swords, just like the original Brothers (Marvel & DC)

The Marvel Brothers are blue and red, just like the original Brothers (Marvel & DC)

The Marvel Brothers are guardians of the realities they architected, just like the original Brothers. (Marvel & DC)

-------------------

Coincidence? hm Not imo, but perhaps.

The originals were embodiments, and everything else is a perfect copy:

(Marvel vs DC)

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17251794_Brothers1.jpg

(Adventures of the X-Men)

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17251795_Brothers2.jpg

continues below:

------------------------------------------

========================================

========================================

------------------------------------------

In Adventures of the X-Men:

Originally, the story involved the DC and Marvel entirety,
and Mike Carlin, who was currently an Executive Editor at DC,
approved the project, added his ideas and allowed his name to be highlighted.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15453470_Bro1.jpg

-------------------------------------

I used to debate against this, but I later accepted the evidence I investigated for myself,
the Spectre being alluded to being involved, but in the most obvious way:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15453471_Bro2.jpg

--------------------------------

Interestingly enough,
I used to think the LT held the ALPHA & OMEGA on the other hand,
but in fact, it was always the BrotherS that ARE the Beginning & the End:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15453472_Bro3.jpg

"Alpha & Omega revolve on the Wheel of Destiny ...
a Wheel spun by his mighty Hand .. A Hand soon opening
to allow two Brothers to assume their pre-destined roles as architects of new realities."

Wow ... nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------

So the LT undoubtably,
held the power/embodiment/beginning-end ... of Two MegaverseS in one hand.

Which at the time published, (97') was all of Marvel and DC in his hand.

(at-least until 2007)

2005 Handbooks have Marvel and DC as Megaverses, inside a greater Omniverse.
2006 Handbooks really doesn't change that particularly.
\2007 Handbooks begin to use the terms interchangeably in some cases.

==================================

This truth above is supported:

This page over at Marvuanapp hasn't been updated since mid 2004,
but at-least until then, this is the Bio of the Retcon BrotherS:

(bio was created by Marvel/DC comic book Writers)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/brothers.htm

btw. The guy who created Marvunapp is the person who came up with the term "Megaverse"
which Marvel comics and even DC applies to their worlds.

stoned

Mr Master
The person who wrote the "Brothers" bio (Jeff Christiansen) with the help of 3 writers from DC vs Marvel:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/brothers.htm (Jeff goes by the nickname "Snood"wink

Is the same guy who is "Head Handbook Writer" of the handbook where LT's bio is. (and any handbook from 2004 up) smile

(2006 official handbook of LT's bio)

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/21524614_Jeff.jpg

So, without question, the LT's bio (concerning the Two Megaverses) is referring to Marvel and another Company.

Why?

Because in his view, (Jeff) Marvel and DC and other companies are what? ... Megaverses! thumb up

(2004)

"As seen in the DC vs Marvel limited series, the Brothers encompass their entire respective multiverses
(i.e. The Marvel Brother encompasses both the mainstream Marvel universe
and its alternate realities such as Earth-Days of Future past etc.)
It extends beyond just their Multiverses, though,
as realms such as the New Universe, outside of the mainstream Marvel Multiverse, were affected.
However, they do not encompass the entire Omniverse, only DC and Marvel Megaverses.
The Omniverse is the term used to describe all realities and all multiverses,
whereas Megaverse is a term (coined by Snood) which is used to describe all multiverses within one line of comics.
All of it is within the Omniverse, whether or not it is in the comics."

(2005 Handbook description of a Megaverse) Jeff Christiansen feels the same:

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/21497521_Bio_2005-2.jpg

"We have coined the term Megaverse to include realms associating with a particular line of comics"

(2006 Handbook description of a Megaverse) Jeff Christiansen feels the same:

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/21497522_Bio_2006.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

The LT's bio did not mean two "megaverses" in Marvel, but instead two separate companies.

Now, you wanna say, well that's true I can't argue against that, but that still isn't DC. Fine.

But you have to admit, that they aren't two megaverses in Marvel.
It's actually two lines of comics according to the guy who wrote it. (Jeff/Snood)

Mr Master
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Carlin has not only been a Writer/Artist and Editor for DC comics,
but he was also the Executive Editor of DC during Adventures of the X-Men and then Vice President.
He was also the Creative Director at DC.
Mike was also an Editor in Marvel prior to becoming one of DC's major bosses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Carlin

Do you understand what it means to be the "Executive Editor" of a magazine? Christ!

Anywho,
Mike Carlin was not only the most respected person in DC at the time until he was replaced by Dan Didio,
but he even appeared On Panel in DC as the True Supreme Being!

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/21484647_mxy7.jpg

I believe only Morrison has matched this.

Adventures of the X-Men ... is "non canon" you say.

Interesting, yet, it's referenced in the LT's Marvel bio as an actual event which took place.

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/21484653_Brothers_canon.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

And Again! ... Mike Carlin, who was the Executive Editor in DC comics during Adventures of the X-Men,
was involved in said book:

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/21485164_Brothers_Carlin.jpg

The Brothers Handbook bio: (and the contributors to the Brothers profile)

First Appearance: DC vs. Marvel#1 (1996)

Other appearances: DC vs. Marvel#2-4 (March-May, 1996) ... Adventures of the X-Men#12 (March, 1997)

-----------------------

... see under Comments:

Ron Marz - DC and Marvel writer/artist (worked in DC vs Marvel) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Marz

Dan Jurgens - DC writer/artist (worked in DC vs Marvel) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Jurgens

Claudio Castellini - Marvel/DC artist (worked in DC vs Marvel) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudio_Castellini

Mike Carlin did NOT work for Marvel during Adv. of the X-Men!

He was one of the 3 top bosses at DC comics in 1997 - before, during and after Adv. of the X-Men.

I've been done with the intransigent circles. Good day low-ballers.

Quick Freeze

Inedian
Originally posted by Mr Master
I used to debate against this, but I later accepted the evidence I investigated for myself,
the Spectre being alluded to being involved, but in the most obvious way:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15453471_Bro2.jpg

Who is this who said that even his power pales into insignificance?

Quick Freeze

Inedian
Thanks thumb up

Quick Freeze

Mr Master
There's only one Dweller in Darkness. He originated in the Previous Universe like Galan.

He has no counter-parts, so when he appears on panel, it's him, the only him there is.

The problem with Adv. of the X-Men is that the book doesn't make it clear where/when it's situated.

It does tells us it's an alternate reality, but this is misleading, cause it is, but in a special way.

You see, Adv. of the X-Men reality, is supposed to represent
the previous universe that Galan came from, the very First reality ever.

Then in pure idiotic fashion, they jam the LT and Brothers (DC too wtf)
into the story,
in order to try and justify the creation of the New Marvel universe and DC, again wtf.

Spiraling further into absurdity,
they stamp the initiation of DC's creation along with Marvel's onto the M'Kraan Crystal, wtf.

So, the Crystal implodes both verses, then the LT, with Spectre's consent,
fashions the Brothers so that they (Brothers) can create/embody both verses.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The story basically, was an attempt at retconning the creation story of both companies.

But they failed miserably because it ended up creating contradictions/paradoxes
that are beyond reconciliation even with the loopholes.

So, technically yes, as originally intended by Macchio & Carlin
the LT fashioned both DC and Marvel, and Spectre was LT's equal.

But, since this idealism crashes all thought and reason regarding DC ...

... let's just say, the LT fashioned two separate totalities.

One Marvel, the other? A mystery = to Marvel.

Quick Freeze
Ok fine, but my point, albeit very long in the other thread, was that even though there's an Easter Egg in a handbook that can correspond with that particular comic, it can't be considered anything more than non-canon good fun, even with a DC editor involved, if DC the company wasn't involved.

This was all done at a time when things between Marvel & DC were extremely rosy. They did engage in a shared omniverse, they went halves on several new characters and even a new universe. This was happening a lot and for a while.

So the fact that nowhere does DC, the company, actually support this anywhere themselves, or require their copyright disclaimer of their jointly-held trademarks of the "Brothers," Access, Amalgam, etc., which both companies do every time Access, an Amalgam, or an official crossover happens, then by definition of the very handbook writers who define their multiverses as being bound by the "comics line," that "brother" in LT's was never actually DC.

In my view, it was an attempt at the writers having some fun at the end of their non-616, (and also technically non-90s-toon-verse either) X-men run and decided to invite their friend from DC to hangout while they did it. Beyond that, the story makes no sense at all. It's a fun unofficial Easter Egg, the same way the Rutland Halloween Parade was as I explained in the other thread

abhilegend

This is just your opinion. Why not post the scan which confirms it.

Apparently, getting killed is a feat. https://i.postimg.cc/WdF9ywKg/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/mc7mL2Tr/image.jpg

abhilegend
Master is copy pasting again I see.

Mr Master
^^ I've been treating you with respect Ab, don't twist the mood.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was written by the Editor's in Chief of DC and Marvel.

So they were the one's having "fun."

And regardless of all the "fun" being had, it's all Canon to the LT. (official bio certified) thumb up

So, case and point, the LT fashioned Two Comic Book Lines in one hand.

It doesn't have to be "DC" ... it's still another company nevertheless. smile

abhilegend
I've already shown you unlimited Access which is edited by both Tom Brevoort AND Mike Carlin. And published after Adventures of X men.

So much mental gymnastics that its not even funny.

And Ron Marz had Access come to Kyle in DCU in Jun 1997.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Lantern_Vol_3_87

And Access pretty much reiterated DC vs Marvel in Unlimited Access 1 which happened in Dec, 1997.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Unlimited_Access_Vol_1_1

Anybody can read it here.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Unlimited-Access/Issue-1?id=76650

While Adventures of X-men occurred in March 1997.

http://marvel.wikia.com/The_Adventures_of_the_X-Men_Vol_1_12

Adventures of X men is entirely non canon to DC. Unlimited Access is and that reiterated DC vs Marvel where LT was a gnat to Brothers.

Shut up troll.

You've been well educated, yet posting the same drivel again and again as if nobody else can read.

Mr Master

So, case and point, the LT fashioned Two Comic Book Lines in one hand.

It doesn't have to be "DC" ... it's still another company nevertheless. smile
That aside, you're completely wrong but the great comedy is wrong while using scans. hysterical

Because as you've been truly schooled my son:

The Brothers were never demoted, de-powered, or un-stationed ...

... it was the LT and Spectre who were empowered, promoted, ascended in station.

lmao

Now please,
for the love of whatever toon god you worship,
pray for forgiveness, or for simply being you which is your greatest sin.

abhilegend

That aside, you're completely wrong but the great comedy is wrong while using scans. hysterical

Because as you've been truly schooled my son:

The Brothers were never demoted, de-powered, or un-stationed ...

... it was the LT and Spectre who were empowered, promoted, ascended in station.

lmao

Now please,
for the love of whatever toon god you worship,
pray for forgiveness, or for simply being you which is your greatest sin.
You're just trolling now with no proof that LT and Spectre were randomly powered up, you've been given the proof of such.

Stop trolling.

Quick Freeze

Mr Master
You should pay attention to MY posts regarding MY posts ...

... instead of deciphering MY posts' meaning vicariously via the posts of another.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I actually took that final stand from YOUR perspective.

So yes, without a doubt, the other Brother that is not Marvel

is another comic book company. Simple.

This is a FACT! according to Marvel and it's Head Handbook Writer... it's not to be debated.

You made an unsupported argument for it not being DC, I said fine.

I said, even if it isn't DC, "case and point" it's still another Comic Book Line. thumb up

That's not being "trolled" ... That's being educated concerning Marvel supported FACTS! smile

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Mr Master
@Quick Freeze ... here's the case and point I was referring to. smile

(2005 Handbook description of a Megaverse) Jeff Christiansen:

https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/41415181_Mega1.jpg

"We have coined the term Megaverse

to include realms associating with a particular line of comics"

(2006 Handbook description of the Brothers are MegaverseS) Jeff Christiansen:

https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/41415180_Bio_2006.jpg

"LT fashioned the twin cosmic entities the Brothers,

each of whom became the guardian of a different Megaverse"

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/41415175_Bro.jpg

thankyou

DeadpoolXXX
This is a FACT! according to Marvel and it's Head Handbook Writer... it's not to be debated. well if the HEAD handbook writer said it.....

Quick Freeze
@Master dude I totally respect you and everything, and you never went to look at my really long response in LT vs Mxy (where I said I find your argument compelling and fun and all that), which is fine because I got the gist of that post out here already. I do follow your line of reasoning. I just disagree.

Your evidence comes from Marvel publications only. Maybe if there was a similar shot of the Spectre holding "Brothers" in his hand in a Teen Titans Go! comic adaptation, and a DC Handbook vaguely referenced this retcon as well, it would be much harder to dispute.

Just because Macchio was buddies with Carlin, and wanted to do something cool and different for the end of his run, and just because other writers wanted to have some fun and give us some handbook Easter Eggs, it doesn't mean it actually counts. It gives us fun water cooler convo, like when "Wong" showed Kyle Rayner around Greenwich Village.

It only actually counts when both companies actually sign off, not just when writers/presidents/whoever simply indicate, even strongly indicate, something. When Access appears in GL #87, the fine print explains that Access, Amalgam, etc. are "jointly-held trademarks of Marvel & DC."

If those truly were the Marvel/DC Brothers, they would have said so explicitly, both in the comic and in the handbook. If this was a true retcon, Spectre would have been mentioned by name, not by description.

You point it out over and over again. The Chief Editor at DC at the time was sitting right there! How hard would it have been to secure the rights and do it properly? Again, this was a time when actual official crossovers were happening left and right! The fact that he was somehow involved, and STILL didn't sign off, or try to make the retcon official with DC too, in my humble opinion, gives us all the facts we need.

Are we agreeing that the Blue "brother" in LT's hand then is just some totally different imaginary universe?

Mr Master
I did look at your long response. It's why I decided to look at it from your perspective.

And looking at it from your perspective, the DC affiliation doesn't matter.

Btw, You're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with Marvel Comics,
and what they do with their Comics and creations.

So yes, without a doubt, the other Brother that is not Marvel

is another comic book company. Simple.

This is a Fact! according to Marvel Comics.

I said, even if it isn't DC, "case and point" it's still another Comic Book Line. thumb up

There's nothing further to build on here friend.

I appreciate the mutual respect we honored in this discussion.

I can tell you're fair and balanced minded. And I always admire that. thumb up

Quick Freeze
Sounds good thumb up

MrMind
spectre

deft
Originally posted by MrMind
spectre

Mr Master
At "peak?" ...

They were portrayed as equals.

In DC vs Marvel .... and, in Adventures of the X-Men.

But, in Adventures of the X-Men,
they were both above everything/anything in Marvel or DC. Heck, they created both Brothers.

if anyone wants to dismiss DC being involved in Adv. of the X-Men,
then they have to dismiss Spectre's involvement in the feat,
which means, it leaves the LT alone as the sole creator of TWO comic book lines. thumb up

In this case: At "peak?" ... The LT wtfshitstomps any Spectre.

deft
Any Spectre? Nah, Spectre with Logoz destroys the LT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.