My problem with outrage culture in a nutshell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FHv1CcBJ_k&t=7m40s

A comedy based video describes it perfectly.

Moral relativism, lack of a stated moral framework, and collective outrage at "safe" subjects.

I absolutely HATE the left for their ambiguity. It flies in the face of my personal belief that the left represents the intelligent, open minded intellectual that is above tribalism and pettiness, and has a well thought out moral framework that they equally to every situation.

This is exactly how I do my own personal politics. I support civil rights and feminism because of a moral code. As I can not support abortion, because of said code.

Thar code being, "Killing is wrong. Forcing someone to live their life in any way contrary to how they wish to live, is wrong. Except in the case where the way one lives is a danger to others."

clarc
I didn't feel any pleasure from hearing their stories, because I know these people will never see the appropriate punishment.

A few years in a comfy minimum security prison, then right back on their feet like nothing happened. Nothing but a financial slap on the wrist and potential royalties from books and movies about their 'struggles'.

Putinbot1
Shouldn't this be in the "triggered" thread?

jaden_2.0
You seem outraged.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You seem outraged. I had a busy day, oh, you mean the OP... Indeed! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.