KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » My problem with outrage culture in a nutshell

My problem with outrage culture in a nutshell
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

My problem with outrage culture in a nutshell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FHv1CcBJ_k&t=7m40s

A comedy based video describes it perfectly.

Moral relativism, lack of a stated moral framework, and collective outrage at "safe" subjects.

I absolutely HATE the left for their ambiguity. It flies in the face of my personal belief that the left represents the intelligent, open minded intellectual that is above tribalism and pettiness, and has a well thought out moral framework that they equally to every situation.

This is exactly how I do my own personal politics. I support civil rights and feminism because of a moral code. As I can not support abortion, because of said code.

Thar code being, "Killing is wrong. Forcing someone to live their life in any way contrary to how they wish to live, is wrong. Except in the case where the way one lives is a danger to others."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2019 05:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clarc

I didn't feel any pleasure from hearing their stories, because I know these people will never see the appropriate punishment.

A few years in a comfy minimum security prison, then right back on their feet like nothing happened. Nothing but a financial slap on the wrist and potential royalties from books and movies about their 'struggles'.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 04:12 PM
clarc is currently offline Click here to Send clarc a Private Message Find more posts by clarc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shouldn't this be in the "triggered" thread?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 06:55 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

You seem outraged.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 09:21 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You seem outraged.
I had a busy day, oh, you mean the OP... Indeed! laughing

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 09:28 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote