Who is the most powerful Force User?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Poll

NotAllThatEvil
I haven't seen the movie, but based on spoilers I read this shouldn't even be a question

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I haven't seen the movie, but based on spoilers I read this shouldn't even be a question

I feel the same way. Broly is forcing people to say something they are gonna hate saying. Well played bro, well played.

I know that's not your actual intentions but it's gonna be funny watching some people try to worm their way out of who is the most powerful.

As someone that has not seen the new movie and pretending like I haven't read the spoilers in the thread I'm gonna say Yoda or Palpatine. I know like and Anakin were supposed to be stronger but I just feel like Yoda should ****ing work anyone on this list and he always will in my head.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil

I mean though, can you really count it, since it seemed like a one off amp? I dunno if that power would be kept around forever, that would make things rather trivial for whatever comes next...if there is a next.

ares834
kek

It's Rey now. Suck on that incels.

ShadowFyre
I have zero problem with a female being the most powerful and I find it odd that some guys on here do. As long as it is done right.

ares834
There is no problem with it. The issue is, it's not done right. Rey has no reason to be as absurdly powerful as she is. None.

Darth Thor
Technically though isnt this is stalemate given Rey died as a result of killing Palpatine. But yeah this is between Rey and Palpatine. The bottom three have no business being on this list anymore.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Technically though isnt this is stalemate given Rey died as a result of killing Palpatine. But yeah this is between Rey and Palpatine. The bottom three have no business being on this list anymore.

Rey was already near-death due to Palpatine draining her. A fresh Rey would have killed him even easier probably with her Jedi Spirit amp.

carthage
Definitely not Bane

samhain
Jar-Jar.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Psychotron
Rey was already near-death due to Palpatine draining her. A fresh Rey would have killed him even easier probably with her Jedi Spirit amp.

Hmm... Possibly... But then given he did that to her with his own power, that should count for this contest.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
Definitely not Bane

Cool thing is it doesnt matter now what Old Republic stuff they make canon, any old Sith can never compete with Prime Palps given he inherited their power on top of his own.

Psychotron
Hmm... Possibly... But then given he did that to her with his own power, that should count for this contest.

Did he? He told her all the Sith lived in him before Ben showed up. So a massively amped Sidious can drain Rey and Ben, but as soon as Rey got an equal amp she steamrolled him.

Zenwolf
I mean if we're including amps in this then....ok is it still not Anakin, considering he controlled the Son and Daughter?

Psychotron
Is full potential Anakin > every Sith or Jedi ever?

Dark-Kenshin
Is full potential Anakin > every Sith or Jedi ever? Every sith or jedi ever would include Anakin, so I doubt it. Logically, Amped Rey >>>>> Full Potential Anakin

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Every sith or jedi ever would include Anakin, so I doubt it. Logically, Amped Rey >>>>> Full Potential Anakin

Sure...but I mean by feats, forcing the literal embodiments of The Force to bend to one's will is certainly better than what Rey did.

I guess though if we're going by implications than yeah, amped Rey would be superior. I guess this all depends on what we're going with and if we're including them to begin with.

Darth Thor
Did he? He told her all the Sith lived in him before Ben showed up. So a massively amped Sidious can drain Rey and Ben, but as soon as Rey got an equal amp she steamrolled him.

Point is she couldnt walk into the fight amped. So the drain counts.

Also not convinced the drain had any lasting effect after she got amped.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by ares834
There is no problem with it. The issue is, it's not done right. Rey has no reason to be as absurdly powerful as she is. None. Precisely. The way they did it in this movie comes off like a really really really bad fanfic. You're all the sith ever? Well I'm all the jedi ever!!! So lame. laughing out loud

ShadowFyre
I kinda wish they would all just stick to the powers we are used to. This shit is ridiculous

Zenwolf
Precisely. The way they did it in this movie comes off like a really really really bad fanfic. You're all the sith ever? Well I'm all the jedi ever!!! So lame. laughing out loud

Like some elementary school playground fantasy fight.

"HA! I have special armor that blocks your attack!"

"Oh yeah? Well I have this special sword that can cut through your special armor!"

...Oh snap, maybe that's what they did! They went to an elementary school during recess, which is how they got the idea for the final encounter.

BruceSkywalker
its rey lol

Psychotron
Point is she couldnt walk into the fight amped. So the drain counts.

Also not convinced the drain had any lasting effect after she got amped.

Well of course, the Jedi spirits hadn't decided to help yet. But an argument could be made that Palpatine only managed to drain them because he was heavily amped. Her spirit amp just evened the odds. Also, he said something about their bond being a dyad in the Force, which is why he could drain them and restore himself in the first place.

Why wouldn't it? She was half-dead before the spirits revived her. There's no way that wasn't a factor. Once Sidious was dead the spirits left her body, right?

Surtur
This movie sounds f*cking awful. Dumb shit about spirit amps. The f*ck.

ShadowFyre
Well of course, the Jedi spirits hadn't decided to help yet. But an argument could be made that Palpatine only managed to drain them because he was heavily amped. Her spirit amp just evened the odds. Also, he said something about their bond being a dyad in the Force, which is why he could drain them and restore himself in the first place.

Why wouldn't it? She was half-dead before the spirits revived her. There's no way that wasn't a factor. Once Sidious was dead the spirits left her body, right?

A dyad? Gonna have to look that up real quick.

Ok so something with two parts? So they literally shared the same power, which I am assuming now that all Jedi and Sith did which is probably why the sith wanted to kill the jedi

ares834
No. It's unique to Kylo and Rey. Grandpa Palpatine says a Force Dyad hasn't existed for a long time.

Surtur
Do they legit use the word dyad?

playa1258
Rey and her underused meat flaps.

BrolyBlack

This and there is no questioning this.

Darth Thor

Yeah but the Spirits revived her, and made her more powerful than ever. There was zero indication the drain was still effecting her at that point, So its a moot point.

OR they left her body because she was dying.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Do they legit use the word dyad?

yes they did

Inhuman
Precisely. The way they did it in this movie comes off like a really really really bad fanfic. You're all the sith ever? Well I'm all the jedi ever!!! So lame. laughing out loud
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I kinda wish they would all just stick to the powers we are used to. This shit is ridiculous

The way they went DBZ OP levels with the force is stupid and reminded me of EU headcanon force feats. thumb down

BrolyBlack

ares834

Psychotron
Yeah but the Spirits revived her, and made her more powerful than ever. There was zero indication the drain was still effecting her at that point, So its a moot point.

OR they left her body because she was dying.

The way I interpreted it is that she and Sidious were simply channeling their power, while the spirits were inside them. So as soon as they left she went back into the state she was in (dying from the drain) until Ben healed her.

snoke123
abeloth and the father

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
Writers were never scared of going all OP. The EU writers did that all the time. But Lucas always gave force powers a reality check on the movies and even in TCW...

Star Wars isnt a superhero franchise.

-Pr-
I personally always felt like the Jedi (the more powerful ones anyway) should top out at about the level they were in the Gendy series. Going by just the movies, though, Rey is the most powerful. It didn't hurt that they flat out retconned certain aspects of the force to make it happen, but it is what it is.

Darth Thor
But I guess unlike Palpatine, Reys amp was a one off temp one right?

Standard Rey was still beaten by Kylo.

-Pr-

At the end, sure, but earlier in the movie she was pulling ships out of the sky and intuiting the use of Force Lightning. That alone is almost enough to put her above everyone bar the most powerful users.

Psychotron

She was losing a lightsaber duel, but she's better than him in a raw force abilities judging by the ship feat.

NotAllThatEvil
I seem to remember her stabbing kylo in the stomach when they fought. I hardly call that losing

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
At the end, sure, but earlier in the movie she was pulling ships out of the sky and intuiting the use of Force Lightning. That alone is almost enough to put her above everyone bar the most powerful users.

Going by pure feats on inanimate objects? Yeah maybe. But we still have to powerscale.

I remember in Rebels 2 Inquistors also held off a ship with its engines on. And the likes of Ahsoka and Maul were well beyond Inquisitors.

And despite that feat of Reys, Kylo still beat her, and he never actually displayed Force Lightning, despite being a dark sider fr so long.

But yeah force lightning in general was still wayyy too OP in this film.

She was losing a lightsaber duel, but she's better than him in a raw force abilities judging by the ship feat.

Thats possible. Like Mace Windu best Palpatine in a Saber duel, but clearly wasnt his equal in the Force.

StiltmanFTW
But yeah force lightning in general was still wayyy too OP in this film.

Standard Palps has made Yoda drop his lightsaber with FL stick out tongue

A feat Super-powered Palps apparently wasn't capable of... laughing out loud

Darth Thor
^ LMAO

Lighter332
If this is Disney-version then the answer is obviously Rey, 'cause of her uterus.

If it's EU, then the most powerful Force user isn't even listed in the poll.

Dark-Kenshin

Standard Rey was still beaten by Kylo. Maybe I'm missed something, but where was the amp said to be temporary? There literally doesn't seem to be anything stopping it from happening again.

Zenwolf
Maybe I'm missed something, but where was the amp said to be temporary? There literally doesn't seem to be anything stopping it from happening again.

Seems like a one off, otherwise any future threat would be trivial if she can just call upon all the Jedi whenever. Or it'll delude it down the line, making it end up being not so special.

Galan007
thumb up

Seemed to me like it was a one-off/moment of crisis sort of thing... But I suppose she could technically gain the amp again IF she encountered a threat on one-Sith Palpatine's level(which seems unlikely.)

Only problem is the power/effort might kill her again... Except next time Ben won't be around to resurrect her.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Seemed to me like it was a one-off/moment of crisis sort of thing... But I suppose she could technically gain the amp again.

Only problem is it might kill her again... Except next time Ben won't be around to resurrect her.

Unless she somehow gets over that problem too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But then, that would just delude it. I honestly doubt many writers would even incorporate it, given the risks.

Galan007
Rey is so OP that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she resurrected herself AFTER she died, lol.

BrolyBlack

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Seems like a one off, otherwise any future threat would be trivial if she can just call upon all the Jedi whenever. Or it'll delude it down the line, making it end up being not so special. It's not like it was a freak accident or a scene of immense tension like Kanan fighting Maul. All of the Jedi consciously gave her their power. I don't see anything stopping them from doing it again other than "the Holdo maneuver is one in a million" lampshading. laughing out loud

Yeah, she should be able to stop any threat now, but with force ghost being to physically interact with the world now, that should be the case regardless of whether Rey is around or not.

Zenwolf
It's not like it was a freak accident or a scene of immense tension like Kanan fighting Maul. All of the Jedi consciously gave her their power. I don't see anything stopping them from doing it again other than "the Holdo maneuver is one in a million" lampshading. laughing out loud

Yeah, she should be able to stop any threat now, but with force ghost being to physically interact with the world now, that should be the case regardless of whether Rey is around or not.

...Yeah that's also a thing, which means either writers is just gonna have to flat out ignore that stuff...which seems possibly, it's not like the movies themselves haven't already ignored stuff, so why should the writers have to follow anything anyway?

Or they have to come up with some convenient way that the Ghosts just up and disappear, like a limited timespan they can be within the physical world before fully dissipating...or whatever. Which granted this was also a thing in previous Canon and since writers and the like just keep pulling stuff from it, it would probably be the most logical sense to go.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

This is correct

Psychotron
Thats possible. Like Mace Windu best Palpatine in a Saber duel, but clearly wasnt his equal in the Force.

We have to remember that Kylo had trained for many years as a Jedi and Sith, while Rey about a year of training under Leia. Her lightsaber skills aren't going to be as refined as Kylo's but her raw Force power is superior. Poor lad has been giving it his all to the dark side and he can't conjure Force lightning, while Rey gets a little bit angry and destroys a whole ship with it.

Darth Thor
but her raw Force power is superior.

It shouldnt be though given hes a Skywalker and her merely a Palpatine. Skywalkers > Palpatines in potential and raw power.

The superior training is supposedly moot due to the Dyad nonsense between them. He can do whatever she can (force healing), and her whatever he can (force mind control in Force Awakens before she had any training). I know its stupid, but that appears to be their explanation for her Mary Sueness.

Surtur
It shouldnt be though given hes a Skywalker and her merely a Palpatine. Skywalkers > Palpatines in potential and raw power.

The superior training is supposedly moot due to the Dyad nonsense between them. He can do whatever she can (force healing), and her whatever he can (force mind control in Force Awakens before she had any training). I know its stupid, but that appears to be their explanation for her Mary Sueness.

I suppose it was better than them just going "well she has a vagina" as the explanation.

Which, in reality, is the explanation lol. I'm shocked there was no "midichlorian counts are always higher in females" explanation. "Women can give birth to new life so they can tap into the force in ways men can't!".

Adam Grimes
I am.

BrolyBlack
4 votes for Anakinlaughing out loud

BrolyBlack

Definitely not this

Darth Thor
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
4 votes for Anakinlaughing out loud

I didnt vote him but its not a ridiculous notion if you Watch the Mortis episodes of TCW.

Definitely not this

You can try arguing my points but you will lose stick out tongue

BrolyBlack
Please wait...

xPRIMEx

BrolyBlack
I didnt vote him but its not a ridiculous notion if you Watch the Mortis episodes of TCW.

You can try arguing my points but you will lose stick out tongue

What points? There is zero evidence to take the side that Anakin is stronger than Sideous.

Darth Thor
What points? There is zero evidence to take the side that Anakin is stronger than Sideous.

Mortis.

Like I said, I did not vote him, but there is an argument to be made that Anakin at his very peak was stronger.

Besides thats not what you disagreed with. You disagreed with my assessment (which is engrained in lore), that Skywalker potential is > Palpatine potential. Hence my logical conclusion from that Standard Kylo is > Standard Rey. So can you kindly explain which part of that are you disagreeing with and why.

Psychotron

I don't think it works that way. Luke, for example, ended up being pretty weak.

I thought it was because the Force auto-leveled her to Kylo's level to achieve balance. That's what Snoke said in TLJ. It's dumb either way.

Darth Thor
1)I don't think it works that way. Luke, for example, ended up being pretty weak.

2)I thought it was because the Force auto-leveled her to Kylo's level to achieve balance. That's what Snoke said in TLJ. It's dumb either way.

1) Was Luke weak? He defeated Vader after like 3-4 years of mostly training himself.

2) I think force auto-levelling up has been retconned by making her A Palpatine. Now I take Snokes meaning in TLJ as a powerful Lightsider would rise up to take on Kylo. He thought it meant Luke would come out of hiding. But instead the Force chose Palpatines granddaughter to embrace the Light side and challenge Kylo.

And I believe their bond or Dyad between the 2 of them helped Rey learn to use the force faster to keep up with Kylos level of skill and force mastery.

Surtur
Come on, go rewatch his last fight with Vader. For NO REASON Vader just drops to one knee. He wanted to die.

Darth Thor
Come on, go rewatch his last fight with Vader. For NO REASON Vader just drops to one knee. He wanted to die.

Bad choreography isnt an excuse. But hey Luke was in a rage.

Although he was beating him earlier as well.

Surtur
I just don't see any logical reason for him to drop to one knee. I don't get it.

Re-watch it, it's not even like Luke strikes him super hard and he immediately goes down. It is a conscious choice lol.

Darth Thor
Honestly it was just bad choreography. I wouldnt look too much into it.

He wanted to die. He wanted to either rule the Galaxy with Luke, or joint Luke in destroying the Emperor. But there wasnt a middle ground where he was suicidal and wanted Luke to kill him and join the Emperor without him.

tkitna
Just watched the new Star Wars and i'll go with Rey with the amp and Yoda if its normal settings.

Psychotron
1) Was Luke weak? He defeated Vader after like 3-4 years of mostly training himself.

2) I think force auto-levelling up has been retconned by making her A Palpatine. Now I take Snokes meaning in TLJ as a powerful Lightsider would rise up to take on Kylo. He thought it meant Luke would come out of hiding. But instead the Force chose Palpatines granddaughter to embrace the Light side and challenge Kylo.

And I believe their bond or Dyad between the 2 of them helped Rey learn to use the force faster to keep up with Kylos level of skill and force mastery.

1) It could be argued that Vader was just holding back. I mean, I thought Luke she be the strongest of the Jedi, but TLJ kinda ruined that by having him die from creating an illusion. Meanwhile, Snoke apparently destroyed his temple with lightning from light years away without breaking a sweat, and Snoke is just a creation of Palpatine.

2)Eh, I guess. I don't remember anyone saying that their bond was what allowed her to learn so fast, though it would be a nice retcon. I'm not going to rewatch the movie to find out because I don't care about Disney Star Wars anymore.

Darth Thor
1) It could be argued that Vader was just holding back. I mean, I thought Luke she be the strongest of the Jedi, but TLJ kinda ruined that by having him die from creating an illusion. Meanwhile, Snoke apparently destroyed his temple with lightning from light years away without breaking a sweat, and Snoke is just a creation of Palpatine.

2)Eh, I guess. I don't remember anyone saying that their bond was what allowed her to learn so fast, though it would be a nice retcon. I'm not going to rewatch the movie to find out because I don't care about Disney Star Wars anymore.

1) Could be, but its all we have to go on for Luke. That said even if Vader was holding back, he can still defend himself against Lukes onslaught, so still a good feat for a guy who essentially trained himself in a few years.
As for Snoke, he was killed pretty easily by Kylo once he got the chance. And if we are going by comics, Luke shook a Star Destroyer without even realising and that was pre-ESB. The Kylo comic also stated Luke screwed Snoke up pretty bad.

2) I may be giving the films way too much credit. Youre right they didnt specifically say that. But im just making sense of the info weve been given. But JJ did imply the question of why Rey learned so quick would be answered.

Lighter332
1) It could be argued that Vader was just holding back.

Correct - Vader was holding back.

The novel The Courtship Of Princess Leia already settled that debate long ago.

Plus, for people who want to argue that Vader wasn't holding back - Vader's TK was Yoda-level and he could have just crushed Luke to death if he wanted to.

With that being obvious, it's very obvious Vader was holding back - and Luke said as much, years later.

I'm not going to rewatch the movie to find out because I don't care about Disney Star Wars anymore.

thumb up

BrolyBlack
Held back? From what?

Lighter332
Held back? From what?

Killing him, 'cause he loved him.

https://pa1.narvii.com/6084/0b081d42f9462855ee9bfae44bd543bf91db14e4_hq.gif

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lighter332
Correct - Vader was holding back.

The novel The Courtship Of Princess Leia already settled that debate long ago.

Plus, for people who want to argue that Vader wasn't holding back - Vader's TK was Yoda-level and he could have just crushed Luke to death if he wanted to.

With that being obvious, it's very obvious Vader was holding back - and Luke said as much, years later.

Not canon.

But he may well have held back on his TK.

Still a great showing of Saber prowess for Luke besting Vader.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Lighter332
Killing him, 'cause he loved him.

https://pa1.narvii.com/6084/0b081d42f9462855ee9bfae44bd543bf91db14e4_hq.gif

thumb up

https://tinyurl.com/uqquvkj

--
Neither of them was giving it his best.

Luke went berserk near the end, but played defensive before that.

Lighter332
Not canon.

It doesn't contradict anything in the films - no reason why it wouldn't be Canon.

But he may well have held back on his TK.

He has Yoda-level TK, so of course he held back.

Still a great showing of Saber prowess for Luke besting Vader.

For Luke besting a guy who was clearly holding back? Nah...

Luke was a decent swordsman for being mostly self-taught - but he would lose in seconds against Qui-Gon Jinn or Padawan Kenobi.

Hell, Luke would lose in seconds against Padawan Anakin.

StiltmanFTW
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

BrolyBlack
Who thinks Palpatine could have landed the crashing ship in Rots with just the force

ares834
No.

Anyway, the most powerful is still the Father.

1. The Father
2. Mortis!Anakin
3/4. The Son and Daughter
5/6. Avatar State Sheev and Avatar State Rey

Insane Titan
Poll Kathlean Kennedy

BrolyBlack

Eon Blue
Snoke is the most powerful hands down.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Snoke is the most powerful hands down. Who?

Eon Blue

Darth Thor

Lord Lucien
His brain broke from Snoke's overwhelming power of doing nothing and dieing uselessly.

snoke123
The Father and abeloth

Lighter332
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Yeah - it is right.

Here's a little Padawan defeating half a squad of Elite Clone Troopers:

_GD9hHg9n-c

Now here's Luke nearly getting owned by a single fodder-mook:

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-10/10/17/asset/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane-03/anigif_sub-buzz-25348-1507672150-1.gif

Padawan Anakin has about 100 times the speed and skill of Zett Jukassa.

Vader was holding back on Luke for sure - and RotJ-Luke has the skill of a half-trained Padawan.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/70/1f/4c/701f4c10b1f873e92eb450f384766c0a.gif

Padawan Anakin could destroy Luke in under 10 seconds.

Surtur
Exar Kun slaps these b*tches in the face.

dadudemon
Exar Kun slaps these b*tches in the face.

With his POOOOOP!

https://i.imgur.com/v1G0XUJ.gif

Lighter332
Originally posted by dadudemon
With his POOOOOP!

https://i.imgur.com/v1G0XUJ.gif

Tyra Banks is a retard. laughing

CaveDude33211
I'd fvck the shit out of her.

Eon Blue

Surtur

Surtur
Oh and the answer actually isn't Rey lol. Not unless we count amps.

What did a non-amped Rey do to earn her the #1 spot?

CaveDude33211

Have a vagina. laughing

Darth Thor

Qui-Gons voice says to Rey that the Jedi spirits Live inside her, which suggests its something permanent.

That really should have been Luke. And would have been a good point for him to die (if he really had to die that is).

Surtur
Qui-GONE should be quiet his character was gay as hell.

-Pr-
I honestly thought it was a temporary amp, but even without it she was doing mad shit.

Darth Thor
I honestly thought it was a temporary amp, but even without it she was doing mad shit.

Apparently Rey and Kylo are stronger when together due to the Dyad thing. So anything she did with Kylo around is technically also an amp.

Eon Blue

-Pr-
Apparently Rey and Kylo are stronger when together due to the Dyad thing. So anything she did with Kylo around is technically also an amp.

Good point.

Surtur

Eddepressive
anakin in mortis shits on everyone

StiltmanFTW
Hulk

Eon Blue
I'm using gay to mean lame here. How is he not lame?

Also dude looked like he was about to keel over and die from briefly fighting a sith.

He was one of the first to discover Force Ghosting. He trained Obi Wan and had an epic duel against Maul and almost won. I do not see your reasoning, Superman toy.

StiltmanFTW
"Almost won" =/= got stabbed in the gut and died.

Bentley

Glad we finally some sort of get an explanation of how she got the upper hand on Kylo in TFA

Zenwolf

Which also means we still don't really know much of either individually...or well I guess we know more about Ben, but still.

Carguy232
hello

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.