How powerful is Sundipped Superman to other versions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
The same Superman powered through six suns to ko WF, where does his power rank in comparison to these other versions of the character.......

Our worlds at war
All Star
Kal Kent
Superboy Prime
Pre Crisis Bronze Age
Pre Crisis Silver Age ( remember bronze age was weaker by at least 33% due to the sand Superman arc )
Cosmic Armor

Galan007
I'd put him above them all, with the possible exception of Thought-Robot.

xJLxKing
He is below the thought robot
Above all others

lawest9
Wow..........to say that he is above PC Silver age is really saying something.

lawest9
Bump

Stoic
OWAW Supes was sun dipped.
I'm not too sure about the others, and feel as if direct comparisons are needed.
CA Superman is obviously above them all.

lawest9
Originally posted by Stoic
OWAW Supes was sun dipped.
I'm not too sure about the others, and feel as if direct comparisons are needed.
CA Superman is obviously above them all. but by how much was OWAW Supes Supes sundipped? WF Superman was dipped in 6 suns.

Stoic
Originally posted by lawest9
but by how much was OWAW Supes Supes sundipped? WF Superman was dipped in 6 suns.

Six or one shouldn't matter. It's usually the length of his stay in stars that determine how powerful he becomes. It also depends on the type of star. Recently when he quickly flew through those 6 stars, I walked away feeling mindphucked by the writer, because Superman required time to recharge in the past when he was drained to those levels. In other words that entire scene, including the punch was handled horribly. I can only hope that both companies move away from the arms race, and closer to compelling story telling that is grounded by continuity.

DarkSaint85
Meh, there's a scan somewhere showing that when he's stressed, he takes in more energy than he usually does.

Still whack that merely flying through those tiny suns gave him such a boost, but still.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Above all others

So... he's a Marvel character?

https://tinyurl.com/vzx5nre

You know, that explains the yellow aura! Sundip! eek!

LordGod
Originally posted by lawest9
Wow..........to say that he is above PC Silver age is really saying something. SA Superman was powerful, but even he never oneshotted a hyper time level being.

Heck, I think the argument could be made that this Superman is above CA also

DarkSaint85
Woah there lol

LordGod
What?

Mandrakk's power was multiversal and CA Superman barely managed to beat him after a long grueling battle.

WF's power was FAR above multiversal and JL25 Superman beat him with a single hit.

carver9
Smdh

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Smdh

Carver and I will unite. A Christmas miracle.

Galan007
Originally posted by LordGod
What?

Mandrakk's power was multiversal and CA Superman barely managed to beat him after a long grueling battle.

WF's power was FAR above multiversal and JL25 Superman beat him with a single hit. It's not that simple. Thought-Robot and Mandrakk did not represent raw power so much as they represented ideas/concepts.

Thought-Robot was a metafictional manifestation of THE most powerful story/idea in DC: Superman's. That is to say- the very essence of Superman's character/story was stuffed into the Thought-Robot, as that was the ONLY way to combat Mandrakk(who was the metafictional manifestation of an evil anti-story.)

That being said, Mandrakk also possessed immense raw power as well. He spent untold eons consuming the Bleed, and Mxy confirmed that the Bleed = pure imagination... And imagination = the 5th dimension. IOW, Mandrakk was essentially consuming 5th dimensional energy for all that time... And Thought-Robot still overcame him. So yeah...

I guess what I'm saying is that just because Mandrakk operated within the multiverse, doesn't mean any regular ol' multiversal being could just waltz up and defeat him. There is SO much more to consider than just power levels.

Sj_Sharp
Well, in any case this feat does really put even more weight on how powerful Superman Prime One Million really was/is.

Granted, it is not the same work and a straight 1 + 1 = 2 cannot really be done here, however this is still Superman we are talking about.

To think what 15000 years of continuous sundip really means, not to mention all the powers he gathered by flying 70000 years across existence and by supposedly approaching the Source Wall.
He may have appeared very little on panel not doing that much (relatively speaking clearly), but it is logical and straightforward to believe that the implied, actual power of SP1M really was/is scary.

Galan007
^ Superman Prime's power is wholly unfathomable, and I think that's exactly what Morrison intended from the start.

When Prime first returned to earth, it was stated that his new power had been "gleaned from the very edge of time and space" -- which means that he was already amped by the Source itself... Then he gifted the Superman Dynasty with "powers FAR beyond those held by ANY metahuman EVER"... Then he entered the sun for 15,000 years... Then he was given a GL ring on top of all that(cuz why not, lol?)

And considering that we've now seen Superman one-shot a multiversal+ being after spending just a few seconds dipping, I literally cannot even begin to wrap my head around Prime's level of power.

SquallX
why no love for strange visitor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.