Steppenwolf vs. War Machine/Giant Man/Spiderman/Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Same circumstances as the Russian fight

Endgame Giant Man
Infinity War Armor for Rhodey
Far from Home Spiderman
Endgame Black Panther

Who wins

riv6672
Bane dies SO quickly.

ShadowFyre
Steppenwolf murders them. I highly doubt any of them can really hurt him besides Giant Man and he is a glass cannon. One Axe throw will kill his ass.

The other 3 can't really even damage him. Giant man and panther either die or are ko'd in a oneshot.

Rhodey and Parker will be hard to tag due to flight and Senses but they can't do shit to him so they eventually go down.

That is a kick-ass team though, it's just Rhodey is by far the most powerful and he is like one tier short of being able to hurt Steppy.

Parker and Panther are pretty much useless in this fight

John Murdoch
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Steppenwolf murders them. I highly doubt any of them can really hurt him besides Giant Man and he is a glass cannon. One Axe throw will kill his ass.

The other 3 can't really even damage him. Giant man and panther either die or are ko'd in a oneshot.

Rhodey and Parker will be hard to tag due to flight and Senses but they can't do shit to him so they eventually go down.

That is a kick-ass team though, it's just Rhodey is by far the most powerful and he is like one tier short of being able to hurt Steppy.

Parker and Panther are pretty much useless in this fight

Solid synopsis here Shadow. The team doesn't have the power output sans - as you said - Giant Man to put down Stepp, and he's a massive target that Stepp can throw his axe at or just jump on and start chopping. Unless Giant Man gets a good soccer kick or swat in on Stepp, the team is going down.

TheVaultDweller
Wait, sorry, but how is Giant-Man a glass cannon and Rhodey the most powerful member on the team when Rhodey's arsenal couldn't do anything to Giant-Man in CA:CW? He even had to get saved by Spider-Man at one point. Scott's issue was not durability but endurance, as the larger form drains his stamina much more quickly. But that also seems to have improved after spending that time stuck in the quantum realm, as he was smashing through the Avengers building remains, running about while punching and wrestling Leviathans, and then still had more than enough energy to go off with Wasp to try and fix the van's quantum tunnel. Not to mention the sheer size difference would mean that Steppenwolf would have to throw the axe so hard that it pierced Scott like a bullet to do any really serious harm.

Also, is Scott restricted from using any of his other standard gear? Otherwise, they could just shrink him down and have Spider-Man smother him in webbing.

Putinbot1
Giant man seems to have superhuman strength and durability beyond his relative size. Not saying how much but he has them.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, even CA:CW Giant-Man could casually swing a jet bridge with one hand and tear chunks off passenger planes. And those Leviathans could smash straight through solid structures like buildings and bridges without even missing a beat or slowing, but EG Scott floored one with a cross. Even at his larger size, it would be like a grown man punching an armored horse into the ground with one blow. Of course, Steppenwolf does have a massive agility advantage over him here, so Scott would struggle like hell to tag him without assistance, even with the massive reach advantage Scott's size affords.

KingD19
Steppenwolf is agile relative to his size, but he tanked a lot of stuff or had quick reflexes. He didnt really move around too much when he was fighting. I can see him getting punched or stomped into the ground if the others keep him busy.

TheVaultDweller
I actually wonder if Steppenwolf can throw that axe hard enough to actually pierce Giant-Man in the manner I mentioned. I honestly can't say myself with any certainty either way. Because he would have to. This is something I saw on another site. And yeah, it's Endgame Giant-Man scaled next to MCU Savage Hulk, but Steppenwolf was a similar height to Pre-EG Hulk IIRC (around 8 and a bit feet or so). So, simple slashes and stabs would be like being poked with a toothpick or scratched by a cat to Scott:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11117/111179644/6922955-ahsc.png

Putinbot1
Pretty much, gman stomps, liteally

TheVaultDweller
It honestly depends on how you approach it. If you applied scaling via Wonder Woman and Aquaman and some of their feats (like the submarine, WW vs Doomsday), you could make an argument for him being strong enough to perform the throw. Going purely just by his own performed feats though, I am not so convinced.

Inhuman
Also Stepp's Axe was shattered by just freezing it and then hitting it hard.

ShadowFyre
Y'all seemed to forget that both IM and War machine knocked Scott tfo.

On top of that, War Machine never hit Scott once with his arsenal.

Yeah, Stepp will throw that axe right through Scott's face.

Granted, every time I see Giant Man I assume he is staying in his giant form

Stepps axe will easily Pierce Giant Man. Where are these durability feats? There has only been one time in the entire MCU that Giant man was ever hit by anything and he got ktfo. So yeah, he is a complete glass cannon when facing anyone at IM level or up

As always, I could be completely wrong but I can't remember any instances of him being hit by anything.

And stepp is far to fast to get stepped on

KingD19
Y'all seemed to forget that both IM and War machine knocked Scott tfo.

On top of that, War Machine never hit Scott once with his arsenal.

Yeah, Stepp will throw that axe right through Scott's face.

Granted, every time I see Giant Man I assume he is staying in his giant form

Stepps axe will easily Pierce Giant Man. Where are these durability feats? There has only been one time in the entire MCU that Giant man was ever hit by anything and he got ktfo. So yeah, he is a complete glass cannon when facing anyone at IM level or up

You're wrong about a lot of what you said.

War Machine lit Scott up when Spidey was riding along on his web using his shoulder cannon, and Scott was annoyed at best. He also took a solid hit from Spidey who in that same movie held up the jet bridge so we know he's no weakling. Vision upped his density and cannonballed him in the chest, which only knocked him back, but didn't do much damage. He didn't get to use his full arsenal because he wasted it on a different jet bridge Scott was gonna smack him with, but the result probably would have been the same as the first time he shot him.

Also he never got ktfo. Spidey used the Snowspeeder tow cable move they used against the AT-AT's in Star Wars and wrapped up his legs, War Machine throug a cart at his legs to further throw off his footing, then Iron Man and War Machine uppercutted him. Because he couldn't maintain his balance he fell on the wing of the plane and turned back to normal size. At no point was he unconscious or even dazed. He was just sore, but he was well enough to joke about it. Oh, and he accidentally knocked Spidey out as he fell with a back hand and would have taken War Machine out at least 3 times if not for help from multiple people.

And as for Stepp being too fast to get hit, Scott was fast enough to tag Spidey, War Machine multiple times, and even almost took out Black Panther. Stepp is a snail compared to all of them in movement speed.

And if Stepp tries to throw the axe Scott can just smallify. It's nearly instant and all he has to do is tap a button.

DoPvEPYd4R0

ShadowFyre
Ok then. Well there ya go. I was definitely underselling Scott,

Steppenwolf is nowhere close to being a snail, where did you get that from?

TheVaultDweller
War Machine and Iron Man knocked Scott over, after Spider-Man webbed his legs together, and he shrunk down because of the strain on his body at that point. He still made the orange slices comment while lying there. Because, as he mentioned, that was literally his first time going giant in combat. He mentions in Ant-Man and the Wasp how he slept for two days after that, because of all the energy it took. And yes, Rhodey directly shot enlarged Scott with some of his shoulder missiles and things and it did nothing. Vision rammed him into a plane hard enough to leave a huge dent and it mostly just annoyed him. And that was CA:CW Giant-Man, who was smaller, weaker and less experienced than the version specified in the OP, who could smash partially head-first through hundreds of tons of rubble and not even have a scratch on his helmet.

KingD19
Ok then. Well there ya go. I was definitely underselling Scott,

Steppenwolf is nowhere close to being a snail, where did you get that from?

I said in comparisons to the guy with super soldier speed, literal rocket engines, and the fastest moving person we have in Marvel aside from Quicksilver he's a snail

He barely even moves or dodges during his fights as he can swat away or tank most damage. Watch him get attacked by everyone during every fight and either rush them or just tank what they throw at him. And when he finally tries to use speed its against Superman.

SquallX

KingD19
Well there's no reason Iron-Man or War-Machine with tech couldn't do the exact same thing then have Spidey or someone else hit it really hard. We don't know the extent of Supes' freeze breath in the movie. But we did see the axe get flash frozen and then shattered by Wonder Woman smacking it with her sword. So frozen+massive impact force=broken axe as far as we know.

And there's more evidence of him being able to hurt him to at least some extent than isn't, as well as Scott's gadgets. He could shrink the hammer, or just shrink Step with his discs.

SquallX

Silent Master
Limbs means more than one, what was the other limb she cut off?

ShadowFyre
So despite me talking out my ass about Ant Man, I am still learning on a heavy majority towards Wolf.

King and Vault have made very good points for Marvel so I'm gonna disagree with Squalls "casual" but I really just don't see Steppenwolf losing very many matches.

Also, if he does lose his axe, he is more than strong enough to beat any of them to death. But giant will be a problem without the axe.

KingD19
I didnt say just brute strength. I said freezing it first then hitting it with brute strength. You think Thor or Hulk or Spidey(who at this point has better strength feats than Diana) could break it with a similar weapon?

Its canon for Ant-Man, Wasp and Hornett(rip) to maintain their mass when they shrink. Everyone else is just small since they dont have a Pym suit to regulate their mass at that size.

You're the one being biased in your arguments as you aren't even using established canon.

SquallX

KingD19
Directly compare their feats. Peter has more and better ones.

He could swim well because he's really strong. On land in literally every single fight he stands there and tanks, blocks or deflects what's coming at him. He's not fast at all.

And them being small means they're just small. Only the people wearing the suit can still hit like they're full size when they're small. Unless you've got a scene showing different.

SquallX

Inhuman

KingD19

tkitna
I was going to give Steppenwolf the victory fairly easily until I rewatched the Giant Man footage and started to think about what he and Spiderman has accomplished in the movies. Now I'm not sure if Steppenwolf even wins at all. Giant Man was casually kicking a bus around and ripping an airplane wing off and using it as a weapon. I'm torn right now.

TheVaultDweller

TheVaultDweller
Also, shrinking down Steppenwolf does not even remotely mean they wouldn't be able to see or track him. We've seen Stark-tech can track shrunken targets, courtesy of Ant-Man's fight with Falcon. Hell, Spider-Man even has an advanced reconnaissance setting. And even T'Challa and Scott have some HUDs and things in their helmets.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Inhuman
I was waiting for someone to say this tbh.
We saw the axe break by being chilled by Superman's breath, and hit by WW's sword.
Saying "it's freaking Superman" is irrelevant. We don't s assign powers and feats based on reputation.

Also everything Superman does isn't automatically awarded maximum limits like his heat vision being hotter than the sun or his freeze breath being colder than the coldest thing in the universe, just because it's Superman. Unless specified.
All we know is that the axe was"chilled" then shattered when struck. No, the only one assuming anything is you. Superman's freeze breath was required to shatter Steppenwolf's axe.

Superman's freeze breath is not here. How cold does his freeze breath get? 0 C? Absolute zero? Somewhere in-between? You don't have any idea, but you're using its ability to make the axe brittle enough to shatter as evidence that a team of characters who are not have no relation to and are frankly vastly inferior to Superman can break it.

What we also know is that the axe could tank sword swings from Diana just fine, and that Diana could lop off Doomsday's hand with a sword and could even stop a punch from him with a swing of it.

So why exactly should a bunch of characters who aren't as strong as Doomsday if they combined all their power be able to break the axe?

TheVaultDweller
I didn't even see that one initially. Breaking the axe is a rather outlandish claim IMO, especially when we don't know how much brute strength alone it would require to do. Shattering something that has just been flash-frozen is not the same as doing it regularly.

Nibedicus

TheVaultDweller
Is Scott allowed to shrink though? OP specifically lists Giant-Man and I don't think he ever answered my question regarding the rest of his standard gear and abilities.

TheVaultDweller
Also been poking around and Steppenwolf does have one really decent striking feat. If he can deliver a clean strike of equal magnitude to this to something like Scott's head or upper chest/neck area, it would probably do some serious damage. The only thing that still leaves a bit of doubt is the fact that the axe head doesn't actually penetrate the ground that deeply and most of the damage comes from the shockwave. But still, it's a very impressive strike.

https://imgur.com/ou3HjGb

And before I get jumped on by some people, yes, I know. Delivering a clean hit on the ground in front of you and doing so on an actively moving and fighting opponent is not the same thing. But Scott is a big-ass target.

Of course, I am acting here as if this is one-on-one. War Machine, Black Panther and Spider-Man can still make nuisances of themselves as well.

Nibedicus

FrothByte
Steppenwolf wins this. The Marvel team might win 1/10 matches via some elaborate plan but barring PIS and CIS they should lose the majority.

TheVaultDweller

John Murdoch
So it really depends on if Stepp can be hurt by this team, specifically if Giant Man has enough power output to put him down.

riv6672

Nibedicus

ShadowFyre
I agree. Going small is way better. And let's be serious, he killed Full. Cull was the best fighter of the brutes in MCU minus Thanos and Kurse. His durability was trash and strength questionable

Nibedicus

Nibedicus

TheVaultDweller

Nibedicus
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Eh, fair enough. I suppose there is nothing in the OP explicitly restricting Scott from utilising other tactics once the fight is actually underway.

So, in other words... Ant-Man goes up Steppenwolf's butt and expands. big grin

Butt showings for Stepp.

sick

riv6672

Putinbot1
Pym particles microtise the axe. Then Gman microtises steppenwolf.

quanchi112
Gman solos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.