Fastest character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
Who is the fastest character in all of cinema- can be from live action or animated movies.

No direct time manipulation obviously. Just looking for raw speed.

ShadowFyre
Reeves Superman/ Lightspeed Mothra- both able to directly affect time itself on a planetary scale through sheer speed.

CW Flash- well beyond Lightspeed, able to **** off for hours during an explosion

Smallville Superman- not sure what feats he has, but he's really fast

Fox Quicksilver- can **** off during explosions

These are the ones I am aware of. I'm sure there is quite a few others in *all of cinema"

TheVaultDweller
Fox Silver Surfer, especially in a vacuum. During the beginning of the 2nd FF movie, he was shown traveling from another galaxy to earth in minutes, IIRC.

Impediment
CW Flash casually stood next to an exploding nuke for an entire episode.

Galan007
Metro Man deserves a mention.

KingD19
Metro Man definitely.

Sonic as well after his new movie. Fast enough to launch a planet-wide EMP, his dna adds speed to inanimate objects, and has some cartoony feats, like moving so fast he exists in multiple points at the same time, or running from Green Hills, Montana to the Pacific Ocean and back in like 4 seconds. Rough distance from Montana to the ocean is 3,941 miles, so he ran roughly 8,000 miles in less than 5 seconds. He also moves fast enough to ignore the laws of physics, like when he was running with the turtle and dropped it, he just turned around mid run, got him, and came right back in an instant .

NemeBro
Of the characters mentioned, the list goes like this:

CW Flash and Smallville Superman, Fox Silver Surfer in a vacuum at least

Metro Man and Reeves Superman

Sonic the Hedgehog

Quicksilver

Surfer not in a vacuum

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, I actually meant specifically in a vacuum for Surfer, where he is so much faster than the speed of light, it's not even funny. In an atmosphere, I actually think Dr Doom with his powers might have the better flight speed feat, when they pretty much chased halfway across the world from that American military base to Shanghai (I think it was) in like a minute or so towards the end of the film.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Regarding the Surfer, there is also this. But it's a really iffy feat because there might be some timelapse when they cut between the three locations. If taken at face value though, the Surfer traveled around 21,700 km (Suruga Bay to Giza to LA) in about 45 seconds. But yeah, it could be the case that there is missing time in between, so hard to know.

oQNMeL9bRj4

riv6672
^^^nice!

roughrider
Originally posted by Impediment
CW Flash casually stood next to an exploding nuke for an entire episode.

And yet an ordinary human like Captain Cold can get the draw on him. Many of the Flash's enemies bug me like that.

For flying speed - Christopher Reeve in the first Superman and Silver Surfer from FF2 look like two of the fastest, feat wise.

I don't think any live action version of the Flash has faster feats that Quicksilver's from the X-Men films.

KingD19
The nuke feat he mentioned makes him faster than FOX Quicksilver.

NemeBro
Originally posted by roughrider
And yet an ordinary human like Captain Cold can get the draw on him. Many of the Flash's enemies bug me like that.

For flying speed - Christopher Reeve in the first Superman and Silver Surfer from FF2 look like two of the fastest, feat wise.

I don't think any live action version of the Flash has faster feats that Quicksilver's from the X-Men films. CW Flash is so much faster than Quicksilver that Quicksilver would look like he's standing still by comparison. Flash is literally over three million times faster.

riv6672

Surtur
Smallville Clark had a big speed advantage on CW Flash...until the nuke feat. Then it flipped.

Of course you do have Smallville Flash, who casually outran Clark while just jogging backwards.

Impediment
My picks are Flash and Metro Man.

I've never seen a single episode of Smallville.

Hammy the squirrel from Over the Hedge is FTL, too, when he chugged an energy drink.

NotAllThatEvil
Metro man had a whole mid life crisis in a split second

KingD19
And it took a beam of light hours to move a very small distance.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Though, now that I think about it, what in the actual phuck did the Surfer do to the water in Suruga Bay? Because it doesn't look frozen over. Just solid.

Galan007
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Metro man had a whole mid life crisis in a split second Dude was moving so fast that time seemed to be frozen around him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FbB5yZipPA&t=1m20s

Pretty insane, tbh.

Impediment
z-eMdMsMgCU

riv6672
^^^underrated movie AND speed feat. thumb up

Twitchy from HOODWINKED was also pretty fast when caffeinated...:

Q1lYo7gXuhg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.