ROS Palpatine vs. Darth Nihilus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Can the Wound in the Force defeat the All-Sith? Battle takes place on Korriban, the ancient homeworld of the Sith.

Eli Vanto
Sidious IMO.

Psychotron
If KotOR is still canon then Sidious should have Nihilus' power + every other Sith Lord. And if it's not, then I don't see Nihilus overpowering thousands of Sith including Sidious, Dooku, Plagueis, Bane, etc.

Total Warrior
Sidious stomps

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The Merchant
Can the Wound in the Force defeat the All-Sith? Battle takes place on Korriban, the ancient homeworld of the Sith.

Sure, because lots of Legends is off of the table, and we don't know if anyone in Disneycanon can do shit about Force nom of that scale. Hell, we can assume that truly ancient Sith from the Golden Age could deal with it (why else would Ragnos and co keep Vitiate as a vassal if he was vulnerable?) but we don't know how or to what extent. This is one big unknown.

However, we can break the argument done this way:

IF Nihilus exists in Disneyverse (unverified), AND he has the same or superior powers of his Legends counterpart, AND he is presently in Nu Sheev's body helping, THEN it stands to reason Sheev can win by virtue of nullifying the Force Drain.

I'll ignore the fact that he has to contend with a Force boss who can maintain a small fleet in orbit using just his willpower and who probably TK his colon while a defense is being utilized, but whatever.

However, IF Nihilus is Legends only continuity, AND it is the case that no Disneyverse Sith Lord is capable of defending or defeating such a being (unverified), THEN it stands to reason Nu Sheev loses.

Basically, there's too many missing variables here to conclusively say either way. But all Nu Sheev has done is drain two neophytes and shock non-Force sensitive ships from his stationary position. Nihilus has consumed entire planets in the time it took to utter a word and has TK showings higher than most notable Sith. And he can fight and wipe his ass.

So I'll say Nihilus until further evidence shows up, based on actual feats and not one-trick pony powers.

Zenwolf
Nihilus is having a nice meal.

Trocity
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Sidious stomps

CriticalShaft
Oh Sidious for sure. Not even close.

ares834
How is Sidious blocking drain? No reason to assume the canon version can do so.

snoke123
Nihilus triggers your hunger.

CriticalShaft
Originally posted by ares834
How is Sidious blocking drain? No reason to assume the canon version can do so.
What says he can't? Sidious is too fast for Nihilus anyway.

Psychotron
ROS Sidious couldn't even move until he drained Rey and Kylo and he wasn't exactly blitzing Rey after.

Galan007
Tbf, there's no need to blitz when you can utterly dominate them with the Force via a casual gesture. /shrug

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by CriticalShaft
What says he can't? Sidious is too fast for Nihilus anyway.

Considering it's established that Nihilus requires a rare power to counter his immense hunger and drain ability, it stands to reason Sidious must verifiably have this rare power to contend.

He might.

But the evidence isn't there conclusively. So since the burden of proof for Sid fans requires said defense be verified, it's an unknown/likely loss scenario.

If that hurts your confirmation bias and status quo, maybe self educate a bit.

Zentrex
All this Nihilus stuff is hard to argue about, just because most of his lore hasn't been connected to that of the rest of the universe. I mean, isn't it possible there's some other way to beat his drain other than a Wound, and we just haven't seen it applied in his instance?

Force Light? Midi-Chlorians Manipulation? Force Net? Sith Alchemy? Sith Sorcery? Dark Side Tendrils? Dark Transfer? Shatterpoint? Vaapad? Those are just off the top of my head.

And even if you do need a Wound in the Force, we have an example of a sith straight-up creating one: Tenebrous' master. Stands to reason Sidious would know the technique as well.

In Canon this gets even more complicated, because wounds of the Force, as far as I know, don't even exist. So it's impossible to argue this point.

ares834
There likely is a way to defend against it, Ulic's technique. However, as of now, we know of no way to defend against it in canon.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Galan007
Tbf, there's no need to blitz when you can utterly dominate them with the Force via a casual gesture. /shrug

Sure.

CriticalShaft
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Considering it's established that Nihilus requires a rare power to counter his immense hunger and drain ability, it stands to reason Sidious must verifiably have this rare power to contend.

He might.

But the evidence isn't there conclusively. So since the burden of proof for Sid fans requires said defense be verified, it's an unknown/likely loss scenario.

Nihilus is so overrated. His combat speed and duelling abilities are pitiful and not something Sidious hasn't seen before. His drain is powerful yes, but Sidious IS too fast for him. Also, comparing any other sith to Sidious is somewhat redundant no? Furthermore, Tenebrous' master could do similar things that Meetra Surik could in regards to the 'wound in the force' thing, so why wouldn't Sidious know the technique?

ares834
Why are you bringing up EU evidence for Sidious? This is the Disney version, not EU. What Tenebrous's master in the EU knew is irrelevant.

CriticalShaft
Sidious' feats are simply too unknown in canon (specifically in ROS) to make a proper judgement

CriticalShaft
Originally posted by ares834
Why are you bringing up EU evidence for Sidious? This is the Disney version, not EU. What Tenebrous's master in the EU knew is irrelevant.
Well, I hope you understand that it's pretty difficult to judge Sidious in ROS considering he basically did nothing. We have no information about any of his techniques that could help him in this fight.

CriticalShaft
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Also, I love how you're claiming I have confirmation bias when you have a meme mocking Sidious under everyone of your comments

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by CriticalShaft
Also, I love how you're claiming I have confirmation bias when you have a meme mocking Sidious under everyone of your comments

Do you understand what confirmation bias means?

CaveDude33211
Nihilus kills Sidious easily.

qwertyuiop1998
Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.