Florida Sheriff tells residents to shoot looters that enter their home

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
The comments are great

They're going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded, and if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns,"

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
The comments are great

They're going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded, and if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns," seems likely this will happen...

BrolyBlack

Bashar Teg
"Florida Sheriff illegally incites murder"

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"Florida Sheriff illegally incites murder" Fact check: Factually accurate

juggerman
Is self defense murder now?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by juggerman
Is self defense murder now? Fact check: No where is defence of person mentioned, just looting.

Fee fees

BrolyBlack
If someone breaks into your house the law says you have the right to defend yourself

Bashar Teg
If someone breaks into your house the law says you have the right to defend yourself

yes. you have the right to defend your person with lethal force. this does not apply to "defending" your possessions

Old Man Whirly!
If someone breaks into your house the law says you have the right to defend yourself Fact Check: US law The prime legal protection you may have for shooting an intruder is called the "Castle Doctrine". There is also another doctrine called "Stand Your Ground" that may provide some protection depending on the state you live in. Both of these doctrines fall under the broader umbrella of self-defense.

So is it illegal to shoot an intruder? The answer depends on whether you were acting in self-defense and whether any of these doctrines apply.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If people loot your home, you have the right to protect yourself.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If people loot your home, you have the right to protect yourself.

however, protecting yourself ≠ protect your possessions

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If people loot your home, you have the right to protect yourself. Fact check: correct

Old Man Whirly!
however, protecting yourself ≠ protect your possessions Fact check: Also correct

juggerman
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Fact check: No where is defence of person mentioned, just looting.

Fee fees

You're defending yourself from the intruder. Robberies often turn to violence when people are home. Better safe than sorry

Surtur
You're defending yourself from the intruder. Robberies often turn to violence when people are home. Better safe than sorry

Fact check: correct

Old Man Whirly!
You're defending yourself from the intruder. Robberies often turn to violence when people are home. Better safe than sorry Fact check: hypotheticalsOriginally posted by Surtur
Fact check: correct Fact check: possible Alt-right edgelord with The_Donald history

dadudemon
The comments are great

They're going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded, and if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns,"

It's their right to do so and denying them that right would be odd.

seems likely this will happen...

It has already happened multiple times since these "protests" started. Unfortunate.

dadudemon
yes. you have the right to defend your person with lethal force. this does not apply to "defending" your possessions

Good luck making that stick in literally any case where a mob of criminals break into homes and businesses and get shot to death. Since literally multiple cases of this exist, already, and not a single prosecution has been moved forward, it's just not going to happen.

I know you want random innocents to be harmed and their possessions taken for "reasons", but this is just going to end up with more people getting killed. You shouldn't support this.

Old Man Whirly!
Fact check, long double post from DDM only Voltron will read, it is his 37th Birthday. smile

cdtm
Fact check: Also correct

Castle doctrine. Threat to person is assumed, if someone breaks into your home.

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
Castle doctrine. Threat to person is assumed, if someone breaks into your home.

Not all states have a castle doctrine.

23 states have them:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/castle-doctrine-states/

But there are other laws (like "Stand your ground"wink that also lend themselves to these scenarios.

Edit - 2 states have a "duty to retreat" law:

Vermont
Washington D.C.

So those 2 states, you had better get out of the way and/or run. You aren't defending jack unless you have no cameras and can blindly claim they came after your person.

Old Man Whirly!
Castle doctrine. Threat to person is assumed, if someone breaks into your home. Fact check: sort of It is important to understand the Castle Doctrine does not give the accused a license to kill or an absolute right to use deadly force. The law simply gives the accused the benefit of the doubt of using self-defense because people should feel safest in their homes and have a right to protect themselves and their families. The benefit of the doubt, however, can be taken away by the government when it can prove it is more likely than not the claimed self-defense was not justified.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by dadudemon

23 states have them:

But there are other laws (like "Stand your ground"wink that also lend themselves to these scenarios.

Vermont
Washington D.C.

So those 2 states, you had better get out of the way and/or run. You aren't defending jack unless you have no cameras and can blindly claim they came after your person. Fact check: as previously stated. DDM does not read others posts.

cdtm
Fact check: sort of It is important to understand the Castle Doctrine does not give the accused a license to kill or an absolute right to use deadly force. The law simply gives the accused the benefit of the doubt of using self-defense because people should feel safest in their homes and have a right to protect themselves and their families. The benefit of the doubt, however, can be taken away by the government when it can prove it is more likely than not the claimed self-defense was not justified.

The bar is likely pretty high, as people have admitted to mowing down dozens of people trying to break into their apartment in botched gang retaliations (in the sense they hit the wrong address).

I'd guess most cases that do fail the sniff test involve murders under cover of castle doctrine, with provable motives and such.

Really, if you say it was in self defense, who will say different? The other guys dead, your word against a dead mans.

Old Man Whirly!
The bar is likely pretty high, as people have admitted to mowing down dozens of people trying to break into their apartment in botched gang retaliations (in the sense they hit the wrong address).

I'd guess most cases that do fail the sniff test involve murders under cover of castle doctrine, with provable motives and such.

Really, if you say it was in self defense, who will say different? The other guys dead, your word against a dead mans. Fact check: unless he is unarmed on the other side of the room and/or clearly running away. Hypothetical are hypothetical, murder is often murder.

dadudemon
Fact check: unless he is unarmed on the other side of the room and/or clearly running away. Hypothetical are hypothetical, murder is often murder.

Not all homicides are murders.

Old Man Whirly!
Not all homicides are murders. Fact check: obviously not all homicides are murders

dadudemon
Fact check: obviously not all homicides are murders

Argue with this guy as he seems to have a problem with what you think:

murder is often murder.

Old Man Whirly!
Argue with this guy as he seems to have a problem with what you think: fact check: murder is murder, not all homicides are murder. Reading age low?

carthage
however, protecting yourself ≠ protect your possessions

You're free to let them into your house and do god knows what to you while you're cucked and get possibly injured/killed/and your shit stolen

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by carthage
You're free to let them into your house and do god knows what to you while you're cucked and get possibly injured/killed/and your shit stolen fact check: every case has a narrative. Murder is still murder.

carthage
In defense of self hardly, and its perfectly legal in AZ providing I'm defending myself, another person, or in my home. It must suck to be useless and unable to defend yourself from criminals

BrolyBlack
Fact check: you have no idea what someone is going to do when they violently break into your house, but you know they dont have good intentions, its their life or yours.

Old Man Whirly!
Fact check: you have no idea what someone is going to do when they violently break into your house, but you know they dont have good intentions, its their life or yours. Fact check: you shoot them climbing out of your window from behind? Hypothetical are hypothetical, murder is murder

Bashar Teg
You're free to let them into your house and do god knows what to you while you're cucked and get possibly injured/killed/and your shit stolen

strawman defeated!

flawless pretend victory!

cdtm
Fact check: unless he is unarmed on the other side of the room and/or clearly running away. Hypothetical are hypothetical, murder is often murder.

"The lights were off"

"Looked like he had a gun"

Any variations thereof which work all the time.

A guy breaks into your home, is it reasonable to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's armed, when it takes no time at all for him to kill you as you check?

Plus, a guy can kill you without coming in armed. It's not difficult, especially in a home full of dangerous objects. (Or you can do it bare handed.. Easiest thing in the world, as we've all seen.)

Old Man Whirly!
"The lights were off"

"Looked like he had a gun"

Any variations thereof which work all the time.

A guy breaks into your home, is it reasonable to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's armed, when it takes no time at all for him to kill you as you check?

Plus, a guy can kill you without coming in armed. It's not difficult, especially in a home full of dangerous objects. (Or you can do it bare handed.. Easiest thing in the world, as we've all seen.) hypotheticals are hypothetical, murder is murder are you saying someone would be right to kill someone for stealing a TV?

cdtm
hypotheticals are hypothetical, murder is murder are you saying someone would be right to kill someone for stealing a TV?

Not at all.

But your case is also a hypothetical. I'm saying murder is pretty hard to prove, and I'm not certain the bar of proof is any higher then "He broke into my home, I feared for my life, I reacted in a panic."

What judge will go over that with a fine tooth comb? If it was me, I'd probably kill someone, not out of a desire to murder, but out of a genuine fear that I don't know what this guy wants with me and assume the worst.

carthage
strawman defeated!

flawless pretend victory!

>tries to broadly claim "murder" across 50 states in the country with various self defense laws
>claims a strawman

Now i know why people think you're a retard

dadudemon
fact check: murder is murder, not all homicides are murder. Reading age low?

Glad you agree with me:

Not all homicides are murders.

But you might want to yell at this guy for disagreeing with you:

... murder is often murder.

Old Man Whirly!
Not at all.

But your case is also a hypothetical. I'm saying murder is pretty hard to prove, and I'm not certain the bar of proof is any higher then "He broke into my home, I feared for my life, I reacted in a panic."

What judge will go over that with a fine tooth comb? If it was me, I'd probably kill someone, not out of a desire to murder, but out of a genuine fear that I don't know what this guy wants with me and assume the worst. Fact check: I have no case hypotheticals are always hypothetical, wanting to murder is wanting to murder, murder is murder not all homicides are murder

cdtm
Fact check: I have no case hypotheticals are always hypothetical, wanting to murder is wanting to murder, murder is murder not all homicides are murder

No argument there.

There's a pretty obvious difference between chasing someone down as he flees from your home, and shooting a guy you find in your home in low light because for all you know, he's there to murder you, rape your wife and kids, tie them up, and burn the house down.

That second one isn't hypothetical btw, it happened. Petit case, very tragic, a doctor was the only survivor.

But yes, I agree murder is murder.

Old Man Whirly!
No argument there.

There's a pretty obvious difference between chasing someone down as he flees from your home, and shooting a guy you find in your home in low light because for all you know, he's there to murder you, rape your wife and kids, tie them up, and burn the house down.

That second one isn't hypothetical btw, it happened. Petit case, very tragic, a doctor was the only survivor.

But yes, I agree murder is murder. O.K. so we agree, food stuff thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
The comments are great

Awesome. That is the way it should be. I haven't read the rest of comments in this thread yet but no doubt there's some little crybaby b*tch ass leftists who have a problem with it.

That sheriff should be strongly praised.

Surtur
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Awesome. That is the way it should be. I haven't read the rest of comments in this thread yet but no doubt there's some little crybaby b*tch ass leftists who have a problem with it.

That sheriff should be strongly praised.

Some heavy duty coping is already going on. It's spectacular:

https://i.imgur.com/KwhWsOe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hCQhnyL.jpg

eThneoLgrRnae
Is self defense murder now?

It always has been to dipshit leftists like pooty and bash.

Old Man Whirly!
Fact check: Dross

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
Some heavy duty coping is already going on. It's spectacular:

https://i.imgur.com/KwhWsOe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hCQhnyL.jpg

LoL. Yep, already preparing people to accept that lie when it happens. Typical leftists.

eThneoLgrRnae

It's truly quite sad that this has to be explained to grown ass men.

eThneoLgrRnae
In defense of self hardly, and its perfectly legal in AZ providing I'm defending myself, another person, or in my home. It must suck to be useless and unable to defend yourself from criminals

Yet, but that's the shitty UK for you lol.

eThneoLgrRnae
Yet, but that's the shitty UK for you lol.

*Yep*, not "yet."

Surtur
LoL. Yep, already preparing people to accept that lie when it happens. Typical leftists.

What's pathetic is the people who buy into the "this will be racisms fault" nonsense.

Badabing
The comments are great

They're going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded, and if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns," That sheriff is in the adjacent county to me. He is my hero. thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
@Surtur: surely there won't be people stupid enough to fall for that, right? LOL.

Surtur
@Surtur: surely there won't be people stupid enough to fall for that, right? LOL.

The truth is the protesters will be to blame if there is a spike.

Not that I want a spike, because if there is no spike it proves all this social distancing stuff was bullshit.

BrolyBlack
Fact check: sort of It is important to understand the Castle Doctrine does not give the accused a license to kill or an absolute right to use deadly force. The law simply gives the accused the benefit of the doubt of using self-defense because people should feel safest in their homes and have a right to protect themselves and their families. The benefit of the doubt, however, can be taken away by the government when it can prove it is more likely than not the claimed self-defense was not justified.

Fact check: this is inaccurate

SquallX

Bashar Teg

Surtur
your fact-free autistic screeching has been noted thumb up

If someone owns a home you are saying they can't use lethal force to protect it?

SquallX

Bashar Teg
if i/family had no means of retreat, then i could indeed use lethal force.

however if i decided to not take an easy escape and use lethal force, just because i refuse to let them snatch my stuff, i could well end up in prison eating some of that ass-flavored grape jelly.

so i hope in return that YOU remember that, so that a burglary committed by someone else does not turn into a manslaughter charge for you thumb up

Surtur

however if i decided to not take an easy escape and use lethal force, just because i refuse to let them snatch my stuff, i could well end up in prison eating some of that ass-flavored grape jelly.

so i hope in return that YOU remember that, so that a burglary committed by someone else does not turn into a manslaughter charge for you thumb up

Lets just say you came home and you saw a dude about to light your home on fire. Let us say nobody else was inside.

I'd shoot to stop him, how about you?

Bashar Teg
Lets just say you came home and you saw a dude about to light your home on fire. Let us say nobody else was inside.

I'd shoot to stop him, how about you?

any opportunity for a toughguy power-fantasy. eh surt?

if no lives were in danger (sparing the arsonist) i'd not engage. i would call the police thumb up

you would apparently choose the ass-flavored grape jelly

Surtur

if no lives were in danger (sparing the arsonist) i'd not engage. i would call the police thumb up

Stop with this tough guy stuff. I'm not a scientist, but I can say with some certainty it doesn't take much strength or toughness to pull a trigger.

And if this is happening during looting and rioting the cops might not get there in time, what then?

Silent Master
Why are people so upset with the idea of people protecting themselves from criminals breaking into their homes?

Surtur
@Bash, Oh and how do you feel about pets? A lot of people consider them part of the family.

Lethal force to protect a pet, yay or nay?

Bashar Teg
meanwhile i've witnessed you fantasy-kill to the point of holocaust

you fantasy-shot me like 3 times so far

Surtur
meanwhile i've witnessed you fantasy-kill to the point of holocaust

you fantasy-shot me like 3 times so far

I've only said I'd shoot if people broke into my home or attacked me.

SquallX

So you take the chance of losing all your possessions, being homeless? And what if the fire spreads to other homes before the firefighters shows up, and your lack of action ends up killing others?

What then?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by SquallX
So you take the chance of losing all your possessions, being homeless? And what if the fire spreads to other homes before the firefighters shows up, and your lack of action ends up killing others?

What then?

already took action by calling the police

losing my home would be far preferable to doing b|tch-time. just my opinion.

get madder

SquallX

Bashar Teg
^^fee-fees

we done?

dadudemon

https://i.imgur.com/rHjHLUB.gif

I am a bit shocked you'd say this based on our past conversations.

Here's your reward for impressing me:

https://i.imgur.com/WtHKdxE.jpg

Surtur
https://media.giphy.com/media/qiMbLh4WHEZyw/giphy.gif

Bashar Teg
because it related to a discussion of law/crime. i don't engage in "what i would do, bro" keyboard tough-guy fantasies like you. sorry.

cdtm
Originally posted by SquallX

What then?

I don't even care about the homelessness and loss of sentimental objects so much.

I just think the "No lethal force" side is being unfair to anyone who hapoens to live in those homes being broken into, as if rational behavior is expected and demanded in such a situation.

You have no clue what's going on, who they are, why they're there. You will jump to conclusions.

Saying "Wait and see what they do", when your life is the one at risk by an unknown factor busting into your home, is not how I would react.

I'd grab the closest thing I can and fight for my life.

That's just me though.

Bashar Teg

Saying "Wait and see what they do", when your life is the one at risk by an unknown factor busting into your home, is not how I would react.

pretty sure nobody argued that.

in the states, if you have a clear exit, without no other lives in the home at stake, you have to take it.

if you choose to kill unnecessarily, that could easily lead to b|tch-time.

surt for example, seems way too liberal over how he would use his firearm. if i had surt's compulsions i'd probably learn to suck dick just to prepare for the consequences. maybe practice on bananas...the big ones

Silent Master
I don't even care about the homelessness and loss of sentimental objects so much.

I just think the "No lethal force" side is being unfair to anyone who hapoens to live in those homes being broken into, as if rational behavior is expected and demanded in such a situation.

You have no clue what's going on, who they are, why they're there. You will jump to conclusions.

I'd grab the closest thing I can and fight for my life.

That's just me though.

IMO, if someone breaks into your home while you're there, it's entire reasonable and rational to assume you're in danger.

dadudemon

https://i.imgur.com/4lkeSKR.gif

But, no, seriously.

This is how I picture your reaction when seeing a home invader at your home:

https://i.imgur.com/CrkjGz0.gif

https://i.imgur.com/Mmly4y1.gif

https://i.imgur.com/whCTv34.gif

And this is how I picture Surtur if he sees a home invader in his home:

https://i.imgur.com/urNse25.gif

https://i.imgur.com/exyWRiK.png

Surtur
because it related to a discussion of law/crime. i don't engage in "what i would do, bro" keyboard tough-guy fantasies like you. sorry.

I'm sorry you lack the mental capacity to engage in discussion about hypothetical situations.

dadudemon
in the states, if you have a clear exit, without no other lives in the home at stake, you have to take it.

No you don't. Only in two "states" do you have a duty to retreat.

Vermont and Washington DC.

23 states have a castle doctrine.

I literally just posted a link to this, earlier today, in this same thread:

23 states have them:

Vermont
Washington D.C.

So those 2 states, you had better get out of the way and/or run. You aren't defending jack unless you have no cameras and can blindly claim they came after your person.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why are people so upset with the idea of people protecting themselves from criminals breaking into their homes?

Because thery're leftist pussies who'd rather run like little b*tches than protect what is theirs. They've been pussified by their leftist ideology.

Bashar Teg

But, no, seriously.

whatever you imagine must be true

I'm sorry you lack the mental capacity to engage in discussion about hypothetical situations.

don't you mean "you don't have the sac"? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur

smile

dadudemon
https://i.imgur.com/4lkeSKR.gif

But, no, seriously.

https://i.imgur.com/CrkjGz0.gif

https://i.imgur.com/Mmly4y1.gif

https://i.imgur.com/whCTv34.gif

And this is how I picture Surtur if he sees a home invader in his home:

https://i.imgur.com/urNse25.gif

whatever you imagine must be true

I agree. My imagination is near prophetic levels of true.

dadudemon
smile

euro

cdtm

Law doesn't exist in a vacuum though. Believe it or not even zero tolerance laws aren't unimpressed with extenuating circumstances.

A person without a license picking up a gun in defense of an officer for example.

In the case of home invasion, you said "If I can not retreat".

That works fine if it's only you. What if you live with extended family? Do you escape, call 911, and hope the kids or ailing grandparents are alright?

Do you try and get them out with you?

Murder may be murder, I agree. Maybe the law agrees its murder too.

I just know arguments like this always rely on hypotheticals in both directions, and I'm one to side with pragmatism over the law. If such law conflicted with the safety of myself, or my family.

Then you break the law and let the chips fall where they may.

dadudemon
Law doesn't exist in a vacuum though. Believe it or not even zero tolerance laws aren't unimpressed with extenuating circumstances.

A person without a license picking up a gun in defense of an officer for example.

In the case of home invasion, you said "If I can not retreat".

That works fine if it's only you. What if you live with extended family? Do you escape, call 911, and hope the kids or ailing grandparents are alright?

Do you try and get them out with you?

Murder may be murder, I agree. Maybe the law agrees its murder too.

I just know arguments like this always rely on hypotheticals in both directions, and I'm one to side with pragmatism over the law. If such law conflicted with the safety of myself, or my family.

Then you break the law and let the chips fall where they may.

Someone brought up the argument about not doing anything about it and people die like the arsonist being caught. The time it takes the police to arrive and perhaps the fire department to arrive, perhaps his neighbors have died from smoke inhalation.

That's victim blaming, though. It's not PVS' fault someone decided to burn down his apartment and killed his sleeping elderly neighbors because PVS didn't try to stop the arsonist. PVS is the victim, in this pretend scenario.

Bashar Teg
No you don't. Only in two "states" do you have a duty to retreat.

Vermont and Washington DC.

23 states have a castle doctrine.

I literally just posted a link to this, earlier today, in this same thread:

the language is ambiguous. i see nothing which says i have the right to kill a burglar without being attacked. just says i'm not obligated to flee and may protect my property. does "property" include my computer? or does it only mean protect my actual home from arson?

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bills/A0500/159_I1.PDF

dadudemon
the language is ambiguous. i see nothing which says i have the right to kill a burglar without being attacked.

Do you feel like calling a home invader of an occupied residence - just a "burglar" - to be a strawman?

This scenario qualifies as robbery and home invasion which is a step up from plain burglary. Some states group burglary and home invasion in the same category such as Georgia. But robbery is the next level...it's bad news for everyone.

Surtur
a4iTM-R1t6I

i keep it like this and like that

DeadpoolXXX

so i hope in return that YOU remember that, so that a burglary committed by someone else does not turn into a manslaughter charge for you thumb up did i miss something here?

if someone breaks into your home, they dont announce what specific illegal activity they came there to do. they might have just broken in to steal your computer, or they might have broken in to brutally rape and kill your entire family. thats not a chance i am willing to take....if someone was willing to break into MY home, i am going to assume they mean me or my family harm, and i will take the appropriate actions to protect myself and my family. as should everyone who doesnt want to become a victim.

tl;dr
stop being such a goddamn pussy.thumb up

Bashar Teg
Do you feel like calling a home invader of an occupied residence - just a "burglar" - to be a strawman?

This scenario qualifies as robbery and home invasion which is a step up from plain burglary. Some states group burglary and home invasion in the same category such as Georgia. But robbery is the next level...it's bad news for everyone.

Doesn't answer my question. lets say I'm in a two story home, wake up to some noise downstairs. grab my pistol and walk downstairs just in time to see a thief about to walk out the door with my imac. do I have the right to shoot him in the back? I don't believe that I do, yet that iMac is my property. what do you think? That's where I was going. not strawman

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
did i miss something here?

if someone breaks into your home, they dont announce what specific illegal activity they came there to do. they might have just broken in to steal your computer, or they might have broken in to brutally rape and kill your entire family. thats not a chance i am willing to take....if someone was willing to break into MY home, i am going to assume they mean me or my family harm, and i will take the appropriate actions to protect myself and my family. as should everyone who doesnt want to become a victim.

tl;dr

Tough as nailz, yo. exactly why this topic can't be discussed maturely

Surtur
Bash just shoot him in the legs, problem solved.

cdtm
Doesn't answer my question. lets say I'm in a two story home, wake up to some noise downstairs. grab my pistol and walk downstairs just in time to see a thief about to walk out the door with my imac. do I have the right to shoot him in the back? I don't believe that I do, yet that iMac is my property. what do you think? That's where I was going. not strawman

No, I don't believe you do either.

This actually did happen. I forget if it was here or in the UK, but either way running out your door to shoot a burglar running up your walkway wouldn't end well anywhere for the home owner.

The real Hitler

Tough as nailz, yo. exactly why this topic can't be discussed maturely You will be shot in my own home!

Bashar Teg
uh oh! hitler is back! and he's autistic!

Surtur
It's always fun being superior to hitler

Bashar Teg
go on surt, tell him what a big fan you are

Surtur
go on surt, tell him what a big fan you are

Not a fan, just better than whoever it is. In every way smile

Old Man Whirly!
Not a fan, just better than whoever it is. In every way smile What if they have a job?

Bashar Teg
Not a fan, just better than whoever it is. In every way smile
What if they have a job?

laughing out loud

Surtur
What if they have a job?

Nothing changes, still superior.

eThneoLgrRnae
It's always fun being superior to hitler

Yeah, because it's obviously so hard to be lol.

Bashar Teg
what does hitler do for a living?

Surtur
Yeah, because it's obviously so hard to be lol.

I just love that Pooty is too scared to admit it's him.

Feel bad for his kids, daddy has no sac.

Bashar Teg

he who smell't it, dealt it. now I think it was you

Old Man Whirly!
what does hitler do for a living? **** knows, heas in a vat, clone in Brasil the possibilities seem endless Bash.

Surtur
maybe the kids can find another role model, minus the man boobs and shame

cowards as fathers are really bad

feel bad for those poor kids

Old Man Whirly!
he who smell't it, dealt it. now I think it was you I'm guessing Flystar or Lord of Brooklyn.

Surtur
*smh* just feel sorry, put the kids in foster care

Silent Master
he who smell't it, dealt it. now I think it was you

Prove it.

Old Man Whirly!

feel bad for those poor kids Yeah well, I'd love to trade ad hominems kid, but I have a wife and child to get back to. wink laters, I'm sure you're a great looking guy and all the girls want you.

Bashar Teg
surt you seem very triggered. was that your sock account? I've already seen you make an unauthorized second account so I have suspicions now

Surtur
Yeah well, I'd love to trade ad hominems kid, but I have a wife and child to get back to. wink laters, I'm sure you're a great looking guy and all the girls want you.

Hey son: grow a sac soon, your kids will appreciate a dad who is a man and not a coward

dadudemon

Only in Texas can you legally shoot someone in the back while they are walking away with your stuff.

Didn't we already have this conversation?

Another much more realistic and likely scenario: you hear noise downstairs. You walk downstairs, someone is stealing your iMac. You shoot them right in the face. They die. You're in the clear with every single Castle Doctrine state and if you want to claim it, in almost all states if you state it looked like they had a gun in the dark. The exception would be Vermont and Washington D.C.

You said your deviated septum was from fighting so at least no one can call you a p*ssy. Hot headed, maybe, but definitely not a p*ssy.

Surtur
lol

eThneoLgrRnae

laughing laughing

eThneoLgrRnae

feel bad for those poor kids

Especially if any of them are boys. They'll grow up to be just like their daddy: no balls.

dadudemon
This thread took a turn for the homoerotic. Now you're talking about someone else's bollocks in details...

confused

Rage.Of.Olympus

BrolyBlack

Eon Blue

Pretty much this.

BrolyBlack
did i miss something here?

tl;dr

thumb up

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack
Virtue signaling to the point of death sounds like a good way to die

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Badabing
That sheriff is in the adjacent county to me. He is my hero. thumb up

thumb up

BrolyBlack

Eon Blue

meep-meep
If someone strolled into my home attempting to take things out, I guess I could sit down with them and have a conversation with them over some tea.

SquallX

Jmanghan
yes. you have the right to defend your person with lethal force. this does not apply to "defending" your possessions Yes it does? You have the legal right to defend your property by any means necessary.

It's up to the court to decide if the force you used to protect your property and your possessions was reasonable.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yes it does? You have the legal right to defend your property by any means necessary.

It's up to the court to decide if the force you used to protect your property and your possessions was reasonable.

Bashar is just nuts and living in his own make belief world.

Insane Titan
yes. you have the right to defend your person with lethal force. this does not apply to "defending" your possessions So you just let them take all your stuff youve worked for ?

snowdragon
Originally posted by Insane Titan
So you just let them take all your stuff youve worked for ?

Duh, only after you ask for their address so you can send them a thank you card for cleaning your house of material possessions. big grin

Bashar Teg
cool coping party. I brought lots of doritos

in almost all states if you state it looked like they had a gun in the dark. The exception would be Vermont and Washington D.C.

So basically lie to the police since I would use a flashlight (to indentify as well as temp-blind them) instead of blindly killing someone in the dark. at that point they would either attack or flee. you feel free to be dirty harry and lie to the cops (or accidentally kill a non-criminal), but remember: practice on big bananas

Silent Master
Sure you would.

Bashar Teg
"you're a pussy! tell you what I would do bro" *typing power fantasies on their keyboards to impress other keyboard rambos, no self awareness*

Silent Master
Sure, keep telling yourself that.

Artol
I feel like the kind of people who would shoot looters in their homes, probably don't need the sheriff to tell them to do it. But maybe I'm wrong...

Silent Master
You mean, smart people?

cdtm
cool coping party. I brought lots of doritos

So basically lie to the police since I would use a flashlight (to indentify as well as temp-blind them) instead of blindly killing someone in the dark. at that point they would either attack or flee. you feel free to be dirty harry and lie to the cops (or accidentally kill a non-criminal), but remember: practice on big bananas

What kind of portable flashlight are you using? eek!

Artol
Originally posted by Silent Master
You mean, smart people?

I don't know, I would assume there's cases where using a gun to protect yourself in a burglary situation may be sensible, if your life is in danger, on the other hand I think it could also escalate the situation and put you in much more danger than hiding or even just yelling at burglars may have done. Seems like a difficult situation, hard to judge, but I'm not sure going into it with the intent or even the desire to kill is necessarily conducive to the best decision making.

I mean I don't think normal burglars should be killed, that seems excessive, but then you don't know if they don't want to hurt your as well.

DeadpoolXXX
"you're a pussy! tell you what I would do bro" *typing power fantasies on their keyboards to impress other keyboard rambos, no self awareness* dont start throwing a temper tantrum just because most logical people dont agree with your "open door policy" when it comes to people breaking into their homes.

lol

Bashar Teg
What kind of portable flashlight are you using? eek!

in ddm's scenario (someone downstairs rummaging in the dark), literally any flashlight would work. pupils dilate to see in the dark, which is why even a moderately bright light is temporarily blinding. can't believe I have to explain this to adults

dont start throwing a temper tantrum just because most logical people dont agree with your "open door policy" when it comes to people breaking into their homes.

lol

he said, throwing a tantrum, with no self awareness

cdtm
in ddm's scenario (someone downstairs rummaging in the dark), literally any flashlight would work. pupils dilate to see in the dark, which is why even a moderately bright light is temporarily blinding. can't believe I have to explain this to adults

he said, throwing a tantrum, with no self awareness

DDM's scenerio is crap though.

If its so dark, how is the looter even able to rummage valuables over garbage? evil face

Bashar Teg
DDM's scenerio is crap though.

If its so dark, how is the looter even able to rummage valuables over garbage? evil face

ddm presented the scenario as an excuse for killing via shooting them (in the dark).

like this guy did: www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/12/ohio-father-fatally-shoots-suspected-intruder-who-turned-out-to-be-his-teen-son

also: why the buffoonery? was I making too much sense?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Artol
I don't know, I would assume there's cases where using a gun to protect yourself in a burglary situation may be sensible, if your life is in danger, on the other hand I think it could also escalate the situation and put you in much more danger than hiding or even just yelling at burglars may have done. Seems like a difficult situation, hard to judge, but I'm not sure going into it with the intent or even the desire to kill is necessarily conducive to the best decision making.

I mean I don't think normal burglars should be killed, that seems excessive, but then you don't know if they don't want to hurt your as well.

If someone breaks into a house knowing that people are inside, do you think it's reasonable to assume they'll run if you yell at them?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>