Is America waking up from a bad dream?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
The last few years for a foreigner looking in I have seen "Trouble in America". America, always placed "Freedom" at the centre of it's self belief. The united states and Canada were based on the idea everyone was equal, regardless of colour or creed. The spiral of self doubt from 911 twenty years ago led to a "war on terror", based around a lie and led to the first black President who served two terms. Much of Obama's policies were based on globalisation, tolerance and basic standards for all. Russia interfered with the last election and the "self styled, self made", tv personality, "Billionaire" and ladies man Donald Trump was voted in. America went from a global beacon under Obama to what we see now, a country where the military are now being used on a section of it's own population. Remember Trump did not win the popular vote, but he may have tried to steal the nations soul. Now we see brave citizens vilified for standing up for American values and I think, I detect a sense of shame in the Trumper rhetoric, like there Emperor whose suit of armour has been shown to be nonexistent, they too are retiring to a bunker. Some though I think over the coming months will start to say, "Sorry".

Bashar Teg
disagree with that last part. when this shitshow is all over, nobody will admit that they supported it. just try to find a single republican who'll admit "yeah, I voted for dubya". and he was magnanimous in comparison. just look at the poll asking our political persuasion with zero republicans. intellectual dishonesty and constant political self-identity reboots

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
disagree with that last part. when this shitshow is all over, nobody will admit that they supported it. just try to find a single republican who'll admit "yeah, I voted for dubya". and he was magnanimous in comparison. just look at the poll asking our political persuasion with zero republicans. intellectual dishonesty and constant political self-identity reboots You don't think inside they are screaming?

Bashar Teg
I was only addressing this part:

'Some though I think over the coming months will start to say, "Sorry".

most of them have always evaded the fact that they're trump supporters. evasive shadow-defending and gaslighting, but never "yeah I support/vote trump"

Old Man Whirly!
I was only addressing this part:

'Some though I think over the coming months will start to say, "Sorry".

most of them have always evaded the fact that they're trump supporters. evasive shadow-defending and gaslighting, but never "yeah I support/vote trump" I know mate, but do you think they have started to acknowledge who they have been allowing to set policy and what they have gone along with?

Surtur
We woke up from it in November of 2016

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
We woke up from it in November of 2016 I see smile

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I know mate, but do you think they have started to acknowledge who they have been allowing to set policy and what they have gone along with?

I believe that when a person tells themselves the same "I don't even support trump, but..." lie enough times, they believe that lie.

Are the out-of-the-closet trump supporters acknowledging? only the ones who were duped into the cult, and did not knowingly join a fascist movement...i mean alt-right movement...i mean white nationalist movement...I mean ethno-state movement...I mean "preserve western culture" movement...I mean...you know what I mean wink

Old Man Whirly!
We woke up from it in November of 2016 Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I believe that when a person tells themselves the same "I don't even support trump, but..." lie enough times, they believe that lie.

Are the out-of-the-closet trump supporters acknowledging? only the ones who were duped into the cult, and did not knowingly join a fascist movement...i mean alt-right movement...i mean white nationalist movement...I mean ethno-state movement...I mean "preserve western culture" movement...I mean...you know what I mean wink I know exactly who and what you mean mate.

BrolyBlack
Whirly can you cut this shit out and find something else to do?

Your not American and you live in Africa, why don’t you go dove Africa’s problems, then Britain’s, then when you fixed those, come help us.

BrolyBlack
*fixed

jaden_2.0
I don't think there's much different now than a decade ago. The same issues. The same reactions to those issues. The same denials that the issues exist by people not affected by those issues. The same virtue signalling followed by inaction from both political poles. Round and round she goes. Where she stops, well she doesn't stop.

Surtur

Are the out-of-the-closet trump supporters acknowledging? only the ones who were duped into the cult, and did not knowingly join a fascist movement...i mean alt-right movement...i mean white nationalist movement...I mean ethno-state movement...I mean "preserve western culture" movement...I mean...you know what I mean wink

I think you're genuinely not an intelligent person, and that usually anyone who agrees with what you say has a diminished mental capacity.

Robtard
Surt, do the line again where you say you don't want Trump to win in 2020 and that you're not voting for him again. It'll be funny.

Adam_PoE

See religious conservatives, so-called Independents who only vote for conservatives, and party loyalists.

See trailer parks, mobility scooters, and those once removed.

Robtard
The last few years for a foreigner looking in I have seen "Trouble in America". America, always placed "Freedom" at the centre of it's self belief. The united states and Canada were based on the idea everyone was equal, regardless of colour or creed. The spiral of self doubt from 911 twenty years ago led to a "war on terror", based around a lie and led to the first black President who served two terms. Much of Obama's policies were based on globalisation, tolerance and basic standards for all. Russia interfered with the last election and the "self styled, self made", tv personality, "Billionaire" and ladies man Donald Trump was voted in. America went from a global beacon under Obama to what we see now, a country where the military are now being used on a section of it's own population. Remember Trump did not win the popular vote, but he may have tried to steal the nations soul. Now we see brave citizens vilified for standing up for American values and I think, I detect a sense of shame in the Trumper rhetoric, like there Emperor whose suit of armour has been shown to be nonexistent, they too are retiring to a bunker. Some though I think over the coming months will start to say, "Sorry".

I'd say very few will, the rest will just pretend they didn't or make silly excuses like "we had no choice!", but Robtard is here to gracefully accept their apologies and I won't even smugly say "I told you so", I will just think it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Whirly can you cut this shit out and find something else to do?

Your not American and you live in Africa, why don’t you go dove Africa’s problems, then Britain’s, then when you fixed those, come help us. I'm an Internationalist paid in dollars with a daughter with American citizenship.Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I don't think there's much different now than a decade ago. The same issues. The same reactions to those issues. The same denials that the issues exist by people not affected by those issues. The same virtue signalling followed by inaction from both political poles. Round and round she goes. Where she stops, well she doesn't stop. I'm going to disagree, I think America under Obama was a very different animal.Originally posted by Robtard
Surt, do the line again where you say you don't want Trump to win in 2020 and that you're not voting for him again. It'll be funny. never gets old laughing

BrolyBlack

Surtur

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd say very few will, the rest will just pretend they didn't or make silly excuses like "we had no choice!", but Robtard is here to gracefully accept their apologies and I won't even smugly say "I told you so", I will just think it. I was only following orders is the old excuse.

jaden_2.0
I'm going to disagree, I think America under Obama was a very different animal.

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
A little disengenuous, the present Keklord rebellion and the misinformation age (good example btw) was in its infancy.

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
You do realize that you are now benefiting from centuries of America as a nation. Your daughter is American and is afforded the same rights as me. You as her father can also come here and be afforded those same rights.

Instead of always trashing my country you should be more open minded and positive about your daughter being American.

Old Man Whirly!
You do realize that you are now benefiting from centuries of America as a nation. Your daughter is American and is afforded the same rights as me. You as her father can also come here and be afforded those same rights.

Instead of always trashing my country you should be more open minded and positive about your daughter being American. my daughter is also British, with be European through my Irish passport, French through the wife also European, Ghanain and Nigerian. So, she has a lot of rights.

Surtur
my daughter is also British, with be European through my Irish passport, French through the wife also European, Ghanain and Nigerian. So, she has a lot of rights.

Watch out for her bro. Teach her to never say anything offensive online. It's the british way: cucking to authority

BrolyBlack

jaden_2.0
A little disengenuous, the present Keklord rebellion and the misinformation age (good example btw) was in its infancy.

Why? BLM started in the wake of the death of Eric Garner and his "I can't breathe". Followed by riots happened under Obama.

The 2016 election campaign under Obama's term was the height of misinformation circulating through social media (The Cambridge Analytica scandal). At least now there is an attempt at addressing it (although that seems to trigger people as well)

The gun control debate hasn't moved on.

The healthcare problems haven't improved.

The poverty/inequality issues haven't changed.

Obama talked a good game but was essentially just bluster. He won the Nobel peace prize despite bombing and drone striking people every single day for his entire presidency.

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
Why? BLM started in the wake of the death of Eric Garner and his "I can't breathe". Followed by riots happened under Obama.

The 2016 election campaign under Obama's term was the height of misinformation circulating through social media (The Cambridge Analytica scandal). At least now there is an attempt at addressing it (although that seems to trigger people as well)

Obama talked a good game but was essentially just bluster. He won the Nobel peace prize despite bombing and drone striking people every single day for his entire presidency.

Every online cyber attack, troll farm, non caring actions by his administration are solely on HIS shoulders. His carelessness of those inactions are his fault.

Surtur
Sure

Just make sure you teach her how evil she is cuz she's white.

Do you know who else was white?

Hitler. Bro, your daughter and Hitler have something in common. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old Man Whirly!

Obama talked a good game but was essentially just bluster. He won the Nobel peace prize despite bombing and drone striking people every single day for his entire presidency. or https://www.pewresearch.org/2017/01/10/how-america-changed-during-barack-obamas-presidency/

jaden_2.0
Every online cyber attack, troll farm, non caring actions by his administration are solely on HIS shoulders. His carelessness of those inactions are his fault.

Of course... just like everything that's went wrong in the last 3 years are also Obama's fault wink

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
*directed

jaden_2.0
or https://www.pewresearch.org/2017/01/10/how-america-changed-during-barack-obamas-presidency/

Quickly skimming that it seems "appearances" improved and actual tangible issues didn't. So as I said, talked a good game.

Old Man Whirly!
Quickly skimming that it seems "appearances" improved and actual tangible issues didn't. So as I said, talked a good game. Bit of both, no one says he's perfect just a lot better than what they have now.

jaden_2.0
If the choice is between eating your own shit or someone else's...

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!
If the choice is between eating your own shit or someone else's... That's the choice they have, at least you're recycling your own e.coli.

Surtur
my left poop, always be better than my right poop

Old Man Whirly!
my left poop, always be better than my right poop Sadly true.

dadudemon
A Whirly thread that made it to three pages and I'm not mentioned even once?

I'm shocked! smile

Artol

I don't think so, I think Trump supporters will continue, tbh, I think Trump has fundamentally changed the Republican party. Not for the worse, necessarily, more a sideway step into a different pile of shit, I guess.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Artol
I don't think so, I think Trump supporters will continue, tbh, I think Trump has fundamentally changed the Republican party. Not for the worse, necessarily, more a sideway step into a different pile of shit, I guess. What about never Trumpers, will they impact on the GOP in your opinion mate?

Artol
What about never Trumpers, will they impact on the GOP in your opinion mate?

Who are these never-trumpers? As far as I can tell the vast majority of Republicans has fallen in line, tacitly or outright.

Old Man Whirly!
Who are these never-trumpers? As far as I can tell the vast majority of Republicans has fallen in line, tacitly or outright. Google them, it's very interesting.

Artol
No, I mean, seriously, who are the Never-Trumpers that have any standing in the Republican party? They either ****ed off like Boehner and Ryan, bent the knee like Graham, Romney (and even Ted Cruz) or never criticize him, and completely in line with everything he says like Meghan McCain (although she isn't a functionary of the party anyways).

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/05/the-never-trumpers-next-move/609064/

Artol
I'm aware of these people, but they are very fringe, and I don't see them taking over the Republican party anytime soon. Trump is incredibly popular among Republicans, something like 92%...I'm also not sure that it would be waking out of a bad dream to reality, probably more like waking from a bad dream to another bad dream, a bit like the eternal waking cures in The Sandman.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm aware of these people, but they are very fringe, and I don't see them taking over the Republican party anytime soon. Trump is incredibly popular among Republicans, something like 92%...I'm also not sure that it would be waking out of a bad dream to reality, probably more like waking from a bad dream to another bad dream, a bit like the eternal waking cures in The Sandman. This is true, but if he cant access swing voters, he is fooked and tbh, whilst his support is high in his own party his ability to access the swing is questionable.

Artol
Sure, but then we have what? President Biden, and he continues all neo-liberal policies, and we are in a very similar situation, just that there isn't even an opposition to it...

Old Man Whirly!
Sure, but then we have what? President Biden, and he continues all neo-liberal policies, and we are in a very similar situation, just that there isn't even an opposition to it... Biden is shit to be sure, nut Biden is less shit that Trump. When you are forced to eat shit I would suggest as little as possible. Trump is the Happy meal of shit, the Royale with cheese of excrement even.

Artol
Maybe. I agree in principle. But it's hard to see the long term consequences. Trump is bad for sure, but he's certainly not as bad as George W. Bush, for example. And his general buffoonery might hasten the fall of the American empire, which might be a positive for the world...

Old Man Whirly!
Maybe. I agree in principle. But it's hard to see the long term consequences. Trump is bad for sure, but he's certainly not as bad as George W. Bush, for example. And his general buffoonery might hasten the fall of the American empire, which might be a positive for the world... this is an interesting one, we will never know if Trump is as bad as Bush, his pressures are different. Trump certainly has stoked more internal division and possibly legitimized intolerance world wide for many. He also inherited a recovering economy already in the upswing.

dadudemon
Who are these never-trumpers? As far as I can tell the vast majority of Republicans has fallen in line, tacitly or outright.

Never-Trumpers is more or less a coping group of Republicans (and people pretending to be Republicans) who got really sad when Trump won in 2016.

They are a much smaller group than the Black-Exit group (Blexit) that is exiting the Democratic Party due to decades of subversively racist policies and actions from the Dems.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by dadudemon
Never-Trumpers is more or less a coping group of Republicans (and people pretending to be Republicans) who got really sad when Trump won in 2016.

They are a much smaller group than the Black-Exit group (Blexit) that is exiting the Democratic Party due to decades of subversively racist policies and actions from the Dems. box did a really interesting video on how the two parties have changed. I really think you should watch it DDM. wink

https://youtu.be/s8VOM8ET1WU

BrolyBlack
Sigh

Bashar Teg
thanks for bumping your shitpost hugbox threads off the front page thumb up

cdtm
What lie? The global community bought into the intel that Iraq had WMD's.

Either way they didn't exactly need an excuse to go after Saddam.

Adam_PoE
thanks for bumping your shitpost hugbox threads off the front page thumb up

He is having a total meltdown. This is what he does when things are not going well in his life.

Old Man Whirly!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.