KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is America waking up from a bad dream?

Is America waking up from a bad dream?
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is America waking up from a bad dream?

The last few years for a foreigner looking in I have seen "Trouble in America". America, always placed "Freedom" at the centre of it's self belief. The united states and Canada were based on the idea everyone was equal, regardless of colour or creed. The spiral of self doubt from 911 twenty years ago led to a "war on terror", based around a lie and led to the first black President who served two terms. Much of Obama's policies were based on globalisation, tolerance and basic standards for all. Russia interfered with the last election and the "self styled, self made", tv personality, "Billionaire" and ladies man Donald Trump was voted in. America went from a global beacon under Obama to what we see now, a country where the military are now being used on a section of it's own population. Remember Trump did not win the popular vote, but he may have tried to steal the nations soul. Now we see brave citizens vilified for standing up for American values and I think, I detect a sense of shame in the Trumper rhetoric, like there Emperor whose suit of armour has been shown to be nonexistent, they too are retiring to a bunker. Some though I think over the coming months will start to say, "Sorry".

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:32 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

disagree with that last part. when this shitshow is all over, nobody will admit that they supported it. just try to find a single republican who'll admit "yeah, I voted for dubya". and he was magnanimous in comparison. just look at the poll asking our political persuasion with zero republicans. intellectual dishonesty and constant political self-identity reboots

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:37 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
disagree with that last part. when this shitshow is all over, nobody will admit that they supported it. just try to find a single republican who'll admit "yeah, I voted for dubya". and he was magnanimous in comparison. just look at the poll asking our political persuasion with zero republicans. intellectual dishonesty and constant political self-identity reboots
You don't think inside they are screaming?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:39 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I was only addressing this part:

'Some though I think over the coming months will start to say, "Sorry".

most of them have always evaded the fact that they're trump supporters. evasive shadow-defending and gaslighting, but never "yeah I support/vote trump"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:41 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was only addressing this part:

'Some though I think over the coming months will start to say, "Sorry".

most of them have always evaded the fact that they're trump supporters. evasive shadow-defending and gaslighting, but never "yeah I support/vote trump"
I know mate, but do you think they have started to acknowledge who they have been allowing to set policy and what they have gone along with?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We woke up from it in November of 2016

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I see smile

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:46 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I know mate, but do you think they have started to acknowledge who they have been allowing to set policy and what they have gone along with?

I believe that when a person tells themselves the same "I don't even support trump, but..." lie enough times, they believe that lie.

Are the out-of-the-closet trump supporters acknowledging? only the ones who were duped into the cult, and did not knowingly join a fascist movement...i mean alt-right movement...i mean white nationalist movement...I mean ethno-state movement...I mean "preserve western culture" movement...I mean...you know what I mean wink

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:48 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I believe that when a person tells themselves the same "I don't even support trump, but..." lie enough times, they believe that lie.

Are the out-of-the-closet trump supporters acknowledging? only the ones who were duped into the cult, and did not knowingly join a fascist movement...i mean alt-right movement...i mean white nationalist movement...I mean ethno-state movement...I mean "preserve western culture" movement...I mean...you know what I mean wink
I know exactly who and what you mean mate.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:49 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whirly can you cut this shit out and find something else to do?

Your not American and you live in Africa, why don’t you go dove Africa’s problems, then Britain’s, then when you fixed those, come help us.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 09:42 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

*fixed

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 09:43 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I don't think there's much different now than a decade ago. The same issues. The same reactions to those issues. The same denials that the issues exist by people not affected by those issues. The same virtue signalling followed by inaction from both political poles. Round and round she goes. Where she stops, well she doesn't stop.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 09:53 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you're genuinely not an intelligent person, and that usually anyone who agrees with what you say has a diminished mental capacity.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 09:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Surt, do the line again where you say you don't want Trump to win in 2020 and that you're not voting for him again. It'll be funny.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

See religious conservatives, so-called Independents who only vote for conservatives, and party loyalists.

See trailer parks, mobility scooters, and those once removed.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:08 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Is America waking up from a bad dream?

The last few years for a foreigner looking in I have seen "Trouble in America". America, always placed "Freedom" at the centre of it's self belief. The united states and Canada were based on the idea everyone was equal, regardless of colour or creed. The spiral of self doubt from 911 twenty years ago led to a "war on terror", based around a lie and led to the first black President who served two terms. Much of Obama's policies were based on globalisation, tolerance and basic standards for all. Russia interfered with the last election and the "self styled, self made", tv personality, "Billionaire" and ladies man Donald Trump was voted in. America went from a global beacon under Obama to what we see now, a country where the military are now being used on a section of it's own population. Remember Trump did not win the popular vote, but he may have tried to steal the nations soul. Now we see brave citizens vilified for standing up for American values and I think, I detect a sense of shame in the Trumper rhetoric, like there Emperor whose suit of armour has been shown to be nonexistent, they too are retiring to a bunker. Some though I think over the coming months will start to say, "Sorry".

I'd say very few will, the rest will just pretend they didn't or make silly excuses like "we had no choice!", but Robtard is here to gracefully accept their apologies and I won't even smugly say "I told you so", I will just think it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Whirly can you cut this shit out and find something else to do?

Your not American and you live in Africa, why don’t you go dove Africa’s problems, then Britain’s, then when you fixed those, come help us.
I'm an Internationalist paid in dollars with a daughter with American citizenship.
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I don't think there's much different now than a decade ago. The same issues. The same reactions to those issues. The same denials that the issues exist by people not affected by those issues. The same virtue signalling followed by inaction from both political poles. Round and round she goes. Where she stops, well she doesn't stop.
I'm going to disagree, I think America under Obama was a very different animal.
Originally posted by Robtard
Surt, do the line again where you say you don't want Trump to win in 2020 and that you're not voting for him again. It'll be funny.
never gets old laughing

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:09 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm an Internationalist paid in dollars with a daughter with American citizenship. I'm going to disagree, I think America under Obama was a very different animal. never gets old laughing

So I’m guessing you have or have not read Fared Zakka’s post America World?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
So I’m guessing you have or have not read Fared Zakka’s post America World?

Fared Zakka, Fared Zakka

Dormez vous? Dormez vous?

Sonnez les matines, Sonnez les matines

Din din don, Din din don

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:14 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I'd say very few will, the rest will just pretend they didn't or make silly excuses like "we had no choice!", but Robtard is here to gracefully accept their apologies and I won't even smugly say "I told you so", I will just think it.
I was only following orders is the old excuse.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:15 PM