In fairness to police officers..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
So I learned something new today.

You know all those leaks that happen, every time an officer is under scrutiny? Guess who usually leaks them.

A member of a civilian review board.

Here's an example:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/city-confirms-eric-garner-officers-history-complaints-71388556

Ok so what, you might think. This is just an investigator chafing against public records being sealed, right?

No it's not. It's about making money by selling to anyone willing to buy.

It's their job to investigate police officers. Naturally, anyone will have an adversarial attitude against someone who has their career in their hands.. Which is why it's important for such people to be of the highest caliber in terms of integrity. Ideally, they should have a good relationship with the police, instead of being a group of people out to get them, or profit off of their misery.

I really don't blame officers for resigning, as it seems like literally everyone is out to get them, from the public, to their bosses, to civilian review board. Unions may have defended them from all that, but they only had that power because the waters were so toxic in general... It's like how the mob exists because immigrants were constantly getting stepped on in society.

Same thing.

Surtur
I'd resign now too if I was a cop. Especially if I had kids. I wouldn't wanna put myself in a situation where my life is in danger and I hesitate because I fear the political fallout and then I'm dead.

Better to resign and take a job in private security.

Robtard
"Daniel Pantaleo was the subject of seven misconduct complaints prior to Garner's death" -snip

Very few jobs were you can have that many misconduct complaints and keep your job, let alone the 17 Chauvin had, especially a job where the law is on your side, you carry a gun and are given the authority to use it with deadly force.

Surtur
I agree we need to stop police unions that let bad cops keep their jobs.

Same with teachers unions.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
"Daniel Pantaleo was the subject of seven misconduct complaints prior to Garner's death" -snip

Very few jobs were you can have that many misconduct complaints and keep your job, let alone the 17 Chauvin had, especially a job where the law is on your side, you carry a gun and are given the authority to use it with deadly force.

Frankly I think we put to many responsibilities in the hands of police and since the 90's we have made them more aggressive in handling many different situations due to a very adversarial arangment between rewarding police with handing out tickets (like that should be something to be proud of) and allowing the purchase of military equipment, purhaps hiring to many ex military thinking their training is a good mix for policing.

How about the partnering with camera companies and splitting ticket revenue with said companies using stop light cameras.

Time to rethink police roles and their relationships to our communities. Firstly though defund them........that makes the most sense, herp derp.

Robtard
I've no problem not using our police force for issues like running a red light or an expired parking spots.

I even thought the idea of sending a skilled mediator to a non violent confrontation like a married couple argument was worth looking into. No need for our cops to play marriage counselor.

Really depends what someone means with "defund", it seems to be more about redoing budgets than given a police force zero funding. Though there are some idiots who think the latter.

Silent Master
Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard

I agree and disagree.

Some cops will get complaints levied against them by simply doing their job properly because of what they are doing. Ticketing is not the same as patrolling the streets.

Chauvin, on the other hand...he was a piece of shit. Super tiny arms, too.

cdtm
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

Read her "About me" on Project NIA.

Sounds like a real loony toon. Her "solutions" aren't even frameworks for change, they're wishful thinking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.