KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » In fairness to police officers..

In fairness to police officers..
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

In fairness to police officers..

So I learned something new today.

You know all those leaks that happen, every time an officer is under scrutiny? Guess who usually leaks them.

A member of a civilian review board.

Here's an example:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory...laints-71388556

quote:
Records showing former Officer Daniel Pantaleo was the subject of seven misconduct complaints prior to Garner's death were provided to the Associated Press by the Civilian Complaint Review Board in response to a request under a new state law making police disciplinary files public.

Pantaleo's complaint history was first revealed by the now-defunct website Think Progress in 2017 amid a legal dispute over whether the records could be made public. At the time, state law shielded police personnel files from disclosure. A review board investigator resigned after being identified as the leaker.

The cloak-and-dagger approach to the records changed this month when state lawmakers, spurred by protests over George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis, changed a law that for decades had blocked police disciplinary records from public disclosure.
[

Ok so what, you might think. This is just an investigator chafing against public records being sealed, right?

No it's not. It's about making money by selling to anyone willing to buy.

It's their job to investigate police officers. Naturally, anyone will have an adversarial attitude against someone who has their career in their hands.. Which is why it's important for such people to be of the highest caliber in terms of integrity. Ideally, they should have a good relationship with the police, instead of being a group of people out to get them, or profit off of their misery.

I really don't blame officers for resigning, as it seems like literally everyone is out to get them, from the public, to their bosses, to civilian review board. Unions may have defended them from all that, but they only had that power because the waters were so toxic in general... It's like how the mob exists because immigrants were constantly getting stepped on in society.

Same thing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 10:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd resign now too if I was a cop. Especially if I had kids. I wouldn't wanna put myself in a situation where my life is in danger and I hesitate because I fear the political fallout and then I'm dead.

Better to resign and take a job in private security.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 11:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"Daniel Pantaleo was the subject of seven misconduct complaints prior to Garner's death" -snip

Very few jobs were you can have that many misconduct complaints and keep your job, let alone the 17 Chauvin had, especially a job where the law is on your side, you carry a gun and are given the authority to use it with deadly force.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 11:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree we need to stop police unions that let bad cops keep their jobs.

Same with teachers unions.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 11:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
"Daniel Pantaleo was the subject of seven misconduct complaints prior to Garner's death" -snip

Very few jobs were you can have that many misconduct complaints and keep your job, let alone the 17 Chauvin had, especially a job where the law is on your side, you carry a gun and are given the authority to use it with deadly force.

Frankly I think we put to many responsibilities in the hands of police and since the 90's we have made them more aggressive in handling many different situations due to a very adversarial arangment between rewarding police with handing out tickets (like that should be something to be proud of) and allowing the purchase of military equipment, purhaps hiring to many ex military thinking their training is a good mix for policing.

How about the partnering with camera companies and splitting ticket revenue with said companies using stop light cameras.

Time to rethink police roles and their relationships to our communities. Firstly though defund them........that makes the most sense, herp derp.

Last edited by snowdragon on Jul 7th, 2020 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 11:17 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I've no problem not using our police force for issues like running a red light or an expired parking spots.

I even thought the idea of sending a skilled mediator to a non violent confrontation like a married couple argument was worth looking into. No need for our cops to play marriage counselor.

Really depends what someone means with "defund", it seems to be more about redoing budgets than given a police force zero funding. Though there are some idiots who think the latter.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 11:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 11:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard

I agree and disagree.

Some cops will get complaints levied against them by simply doing their job properly because of what they are doing. Ticketing is not the same as patrolling the streets.

Chauvin, on the other hand...he was a piece of shit. Super tiny arms, too.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 11:49 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

Read her "About me" on Project NIA.

Sounds like a real loony toon. Her "solutions" aren't even frameworks for change, they're wishful thinking.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 12:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote