Aragorn vs The Hound and The Mountain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Can Aragorn defeat both at the same time? If not, could he defeat both individually?

riv6672

Surtur
Been a while since I have seen the movies, but Aragorn seemed to merely just mow down featless orcs. He scared away some ringwraiths with a torch.

I don't recall him ever coming up against someone who had skill. An actual warrior.

The Hound has and so has The Mountain.

On the other hand, The Hound wasn't someone who was shown he was capable of mowing down a whole horde of undead either. So I don't know, Aragorn is better at slaying mobs of featless creatures, but one on one with someone experienced I think he might be in trouble. Even with The Mountain...I think he'd eventually get his hands on him, he might endure wounds from Aragorn that turn out to be fatal, but still.

Robtard
LoL @ LOTR amateurs. Aragorn absolutely curbstomps here. He likely has more years of battle experience than both the Cleganes combined.

https://i.imgur.com/Tpizm1T.png

Surtur
Yeah, but this is about feats. He just slays featless creatures.

I can't think of a skilled warrior he has come up against, something that wasn't canon fodder.

Robtard
Yeah, no. You LOTR amateur. eg Lurtz in Fellowship wasn't cannon fodder, he had super strength and was a skilled brute of a fighter.

Aragorn's also physically stronger than both Cleganes as in ROTK he was trading and blocking blows from the fully armoured leader Olog-Hai troll.

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, no. You LOTR amateur. eg Lurtz in Fellowship wasn't cannon fodder, he had super strength and was a skilled brute of a fighter.

Aragorn's also physically stronger than both Cleganes as in ROTK he was trading and blocking blows from the fully armoured leader Olog-Hai troll.

He also one armed tosses Gimli who is a dwarf so he's like 200+lbs without armor. He was fully armored and had his axe so he was closer to 300-400lbs.

Even his stamina is godly as they ran for what? 3-5 days straight?

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
He also one armed tosses Gimli who is a dwarf so he's like 200+lbs without armor. He was fully armored and had his axe so he was closer to 300-400lbs.

Even his stamina is godly as they ran for what? 3-5 days straight?

Yup. iirc, it was four days and was said to me around 150miles?

If you're someone who can keep up with an elf physically, you're superhuman yourself.

Edit: Watched the scene, Gimli says: "Three days and nights pursuit. No food, no rest. No sign of our quarry, but what bare rock can tell!"

Add to that it wasn't until the next day they came upon the killed Uruk's they were chasing, it seems like about four days total they chased without rest or food.

John Murdoch
I'm siding with Aragorn, I'm going to list the best feats outside of his orc and Uruk Hai (forgive my spelling if wrong) army slaying in order of what I think pertains the most to this fight:
- Had a swordfight with a fully-armored cave troll at the Black Gate battle in Return of the King. Literally clashing swords, stopping the strikes from a creature that is around 30 feet tall swinging a giant metal blade DOWNWARDS at a 6 foot tall or so dude.
- Was in visible pain, but resisted being crushed after being stepped on by abovementioned troll, who was actively trying to crush Aragorn with his foot.
- Decimated the ring wraiths in a 1 vs 9 handicap match with a torch and his sword. Possibly the biggest stomp battle in the entire trilogy.
- Once he closed the distance with Lurtz, the head Uruk Hai, and their duel went from ranged and thrown weapons to melee, Strider completely outclasses Lurtz, chops off his arm, runs him through, and decapitates him.
- Tossed Gimli downward at Helm's Deep's entrance.

The biggest thing for Aragorn to overcome with the Clegane brothers is the Mountain's durability. Getting stabbed in the torso and head didn't do anything to him, and he had a massive chunk of the King's Landing castle drop on his back to no effect. Literally 1000-pound plus stone looked like a pillow fell on him.

I think Aragorn handles either one solo, but as a team I still choose Aragorn, though he dies if the Mountain grabs him.

KingD19
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I'm siding with Aragorn, I'm going to list the best feats outside of his orc and Uruk Hai (forgive my spelling if wrong) army slaying in order of what I think pertains the most to this fight:
- Had a swordfight with a fully-armored cave troll at the Black Gate battle in Return of the King. Literally clashing swords, stopping the strikes from a creature that is around 30 feet tall swinging a giant metal blade DOWNWARDS at a 6 foot tall or so dude.
- Was in visible pain, but resisted being crushed after being stepped on by abovementioned troll, who was actively trying to crush Aragorn with his foot.
- Decimated the ring wraiths in a 1 vs 9 handicap match with a torch and his sword. Possibly the biggest stomp battle in the entire trilogy.
- Once he closed the distance with Lurtz, the head Uruk Hai, and their duel went from ranged and thrown weapons to melee, Strider completely outclasses Lurtz, chops off his arm, runs him through, and decapitates him.
- Tossed Gimli downward at Helm's Deep's entrance.

The biggest thing for Aragorn to overcome with the Clegane brothers is the Mountain's durability. Getting stabbed in the torso and head didn't do anything to him, and he had a massive chunk of the King's Landing castle drop on his back to no effect. Literally 1000-pound plus stone looked like a pillow fell on him.

I think Aragorn handles either one solo, but as a team I still choose Aragorn, though he dies if the Mountain grabs him.

Thats not Mountain, thats Ser Robert Strong who survived the blade through the skull and all that. He was Mountains zombie brought back to life by alchemy and dark magic so he is fundamentally different from Gregor Clegane and the feats don't carry over.

Robtard
Aragorn could also defeat zombie Gregor, he'd chop off his head with a single swing.

Jmanghan
Aragorn is stronger then the Mountain and could overpower him if forced into a grapple. smile

KingD19
He's not even fast enough to land a hit on him honestly.

StiltmanFTW
It took the Olog-hai chieftain to beat Aragorn in the battle of the Black Gate.

Damn, Rob already beat me to it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
He scared away some ringwraiths with a torch.

He fought them in melee with his standard Strider sword, too, actually.

And those "some" ringwraiths included the Witchking of Angmar.

StiltmanFTW
I can't think of a skilled warrior he has come up against, something that wasn't canon fodder.

Lurtz, the first and most powerful Uruk-hai.

Sharku, the warg rider captain.

King of the Dead.

TheVaultDweller
Aragorn is laughably stronger than the Clegane bros. As already mentioned by others, he's strong enough to outright block a strike from an attack troll:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SphericalSelfassuredImpala-mobile.mp4

For reference, they can do this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FaintHotElectriceel-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IllEvenAttwatersprairiechicken-mobile.mp4

NemeBro
Yep. There's a difference in scale here. Aragorn simply comes from a vastly more powerful setting so even he, a very competent fighter but nowhere near the top tier in the series (though among more normal tiers he might be), would crush two of the most formidable fighters in GoT.

You could add Oberyn, Jaime in his prime, and perhaps even Ramsay's Twenty Good Men and the result would be the same.

Old Man Whirly!
The Lord of the rings movies were beautiful to look at but unlike the old animated, which was far better story telling horribly bloated. Aragon had some of the few scenes I really enjoyed. My honest opinion is he stomps and is simply too strong, too skilled and too fast.

StiltmanFTW

KingD19
Yeah, he was descended from the old race who were more powerful than common humans and he didn't die until he was 210.

StiltmanFTW
And movie Aragorn spends two films "nerfed" basically, fighting with just his Strider sword and Celeborn's dagger.

He gets Anduril only in RotK.

John Murdoch
Thats not Mountain, thats Ser Robert Strong who survived the blade through the skull and all that. He was Mountains zombie brought back to life by alchemy and dark magic so he is fundamentally different from Gregor Clegane and the feats don't carry over.

My bad and thank you King. I looked into some ASOIAF synopses and lore (never read the books, just watched the show), and saw Ser Robert Strong as Zombimountain's name.

In that case, this is a whopper of stomp in favor of Strider. He's a super skilled swordsman sampling superhuman stats (alliteration much? smile)beyond both the Clegane bros. Aragorn could do it against Zombie Mountain as Rob says, but normie Mountain? Game over.

Robtard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He fought them in melee with his standard Strider sword, too, actually.

And those "some" ringwraiths included the Witchking of Angmar. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Lurtz, the first and most powerful Uruk-hai.

Sharku, the warg rider captain.

King of the Dead.

He's just lowballing Aragorn.

KingD19
Originally posted by John Murdoch
My bad and thank you King. I looked into some ASOIAF synopses and lore (never read the books, just watched the show), and saw Ser Robert Strong as Zombimountain's name.

In that case, this is a whopper of stomp in favor of Strider. He's a super skilled swordsman sampling superhuman stats (alliteration much? smile)beyond both the Clegane bros. Aragorn could do it against Zombie Mountain as Rob says, but normie Mountain? Game over.

Indeed. Picture someone as fast and more skilled than Oberyn, and stronger than Gregor but he doesn't f*ck around.

StiltmanFTW
Fighting off five Nazguls (including the Witch-king)... without Anduril... is perhaps Aragorn's best feat.

KingD19
Witch King - No man can kill me.
Aragorn - I'll just beat you stupid until you leave.

John Murdoch
Indeed. Picture someone as fast and more skilled than Oberyn, and stronger than Gregor but he doesn't f*ck around.

Man, if only they could've done TV show Mountain in that manner and made him a more interesting villain. Instead, it was stand around and look intimidating, perform a Sub-Zero spine rip fatality on a Sparrow mook, then fight to the death with Sandor, and that's it.

StiltmanFTW
He's just lowballing Aragorn.

Well, he is Surtur. Nothing more can be expected from him.

He only cares about shitposting in GDF and wanking his imaginary version of composite Karate Kid.

xPRIMEx

StiltmanFTW

Surtur
Alright u got me. Yeah, Aragorn gonna shit all over these folk. Big ol' steamy dump. With the visible heat lines coming off it too.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

You know, what I like about GoT fighters is that they're pretty realistic (excluding stuff like the zombie "upgrade"wink.

Aragorn... is not that.

And his last feat, that fight against the Olog-hai Chieftain at the Black Gate?

That was actually meant to be Aragorn facing Sauron himself. Before Jackson changed his mind and edited the troll in Sauron's place.

Surtur
And they removed the scene with the mouth of sauron too.

And the scene where he is like "yeah, I'm 80 dawg" to that Rohan chick who wants to get dicked by him.

StiltmanFTW
But the scenes you mentioned are still canon and perfectly available in the extended editions of the films.

Sauron/Aragorn fight got removed for good, we only see bits and pieces of it (and some black and white sketches) in the extras, when Jackson comments how he didn't want to steal the spotlight from Frodo and Sam, so he salvaged from the footage what he could and put a troll in Sauron's place.

Surtur
Well yeah I know about them cuz I watched that extended shit.

ShadowFyre
Aragorn has been one of my heroes since a child. He mollywbops these mfers whether he has Anduril or not.

StiltmanFTW
Most of Movie Aragorn's feats were performed without Anduril anyway, lol.

HulkIsHulk
Isn't Aragorn a distant elfin descendant?

ares834

Surtur
Well, he is Surtur. Nothing more can be expected from him.

He only cares about shitposting in GDF and wanking his imaginary version of composite Karate Kid.

Damn you're still sore over me correctly pointing out how powerful Karate Kid is.

Did someone in a Karate Kid costume beat you as a child? Let it go smile

StiltmanFTW
You didn't know what you were talking about and you got exiled from CBVF.

StiltmanFTW

Surtur
You didn't know what you were talking about and you got exiled from CBVF.

All the feats I mentioned occurred, you were just doing your typical "Batman beat him" trolling.

KingD19
Both of you stop it. We're not getting into Karate Kid because then h1 will come in here talking about how Pat Morita is a bullet timer and can defeat anyone he fights except Ozymandias.

Surtur
Both of you stop it. We're not getting into Karate Kid because then h1 will come in here talking about how Pat Morita is a bullet timer and can defeat anyone he fights except Ozymandias.

I'm not talking about the movie character, but about the comic character whose "power" is that he knows every form of karate in the universe.

I haven't debated about him in years and Stilt is still upset I pointed out this guy, with his space karate, is quite powerful. I do not know why.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm not talking about the movie character, but about the comic character whose "power" is that he knows every form of karate in the universe.

I haven't debated about him in years and Stilt is still upset I pointed out this guy, with his space karate, is quite powerful. I do not know why. Tbh, it depends on the KK. Silver age yes, Countdown, he'll no! Nu52 **** No! It's like Vartox, classic Vartox would destroy someone like Sentry, recent Vartox... no!

KingD19
DC Karate Kid is insanely strong for supposedly only knowing karate themed martial arts. I thought you meant Daniel-san at first.

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Tbh, it depends on the KK. Silver age yes, Countdown, he'll no! Nu52 **** No! It's like Vartox, classic Vartox would destroy someone like Sentry, recent Vartox... no!

It's not just silver age. A sick and dying Val defeated an opponent even Supergirl couldn't. And this was during a time when she was being portrayed as stronger than even Superman.

I forget when that happened, but it was after the year 2000.

StiltmanFTW
Well yeah I know about them cuz I watched that extended shit.

Yeah, okay.

But one was significantly altered/removed permanently.

The other scenes (the ones you mentioned) were simply included in the extended editions.

That's the difference.

You don't need to go to extras or deleted scenes or anything, you just watch the extended movie with no interruptions/commentary.

StiltmanFTW

First of all, you and me are bros.

Surtur is trying his hardest to get permabanned in 3 forums.

So no, King. No "stop it", just break his spine and bite his face off or I'm not dating you again.

Second thing... yeah, maybe you're right. We don't need h1 here.

Surtur
Why would I be permabanned?

Surely this place isn't so triggered by Karate Kid facts they ban you over it.

StiltmanFTW

I haven't debated about him in years and Stilt is still upset I pointed out this guy, with his space karate, is quite powerful. I do not know why.

I'm upset your whole CBVF behaviour, which caused you to get f*cked in the ass and exiled.

Then you moved to GDF, where you got f*cked in the ass and mocked for being unemployed.

It's not just silver age.

That's the problem, you want three (or more) karate kids to fuse with their penises into one being.

Sorry bro, no matter how homo you and others might be, that ain't happening.

Just... not physically possible.

StiltmanFTW
Why would I be permabanned?

Surely this place isn't so triggered by Karate Kid facts they ban you over it.

Nobody cares about KK, you're right.

But your Superman posts made CBVF posters want to rape you, break your bones and eat your flesh, then burn your bones.

Don't return.

Surtur
So you definitely experienced some sort of Karate Kid related trauma.

My condolences.

StiltmanFTW
No, you did.

When even some of the most hopeless DCfanboys united against you.

Just kill yourself, unemployed man.

You're still unemployed, right?

Surtur
Nobody cares about KK, you're right.

But your Superman posts made CBVF posters want to rape you, break your bones and eat your flesh, then burn your bones.

Don't return.

So it's not just Karate Kid, folk got mad I didn't wank Supes as much as they did.

You guys make the folks at CBR look sane.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, as I said before. True, Supes played the big part in that.

You post at CBR? lol

Surtur
No, you did.

When even some of the most hopeless DCfanboys united against you.

Just kill yourself, unemployed man.

You're still unemployed, right?

^Look at the strange hostility here. I'm sorry that debates involving fictional characters impact you this much.

Surtur
Yeah, as I said before. True, Supes played the big part in that.

You post at CBR? lol

No not anymore.

StiltmanFTW
^Look at the strange hostility here. I'm sorry that debates involving fictional characters impact you this much.

There is no real hostility.

I'm poking you, messing with you. Knowing that you were/are unemployed just makes it easier.

Real talk --- no, I didn't intend to hurt you in any way by saying that. I thought you could take a joke.

Apparently... you can't...?

No not anymore.

Got banned? Quick, left?

I heard some of our posters are active there. Like ODG or snoopdogg?

Surtur
There is no real hostility.

I'm poking you, messing with you. Knowing that you were/are unemployed just makes it easier.

Real talk --- no, I didn't intend to hurt you in any way by saying that. I thought you could take a joke.

Apparently... you can't...?

You didn't hurt me, it just seemed weirdly hostile. And no not unemployed.

I said the biblical God has way more blood on its hands than Charles Manson and got a warning. Then I compared it to Cthulhu and was banned lol.

Surtur
I mean the Charles Manson thing is just pure fact too.

StiltmanFTW
You didn't hurt me, it just seemed weirdly hostile. And no not unemployed.

That's what the Internet seems it to be.

No. I'm not hostile towards you, not even at your worst.

You registered in 2008 and you left CBVF quite early.

You're a saint, you're free to massage those gdf penises, man.

I said the biblical God has way more blood on its hands than Charles Manson and got a warning. Then I compared it to Cthulhu and was banned lol.

I... I had to read that twice.

You're joking, right? Nobody was retarded enough to ban you for *THAT*?

Maybe there was something more, some member bashing, anything?

Surtur
I'm not kidding. If you are familiar with CBR history you will recall around 2014 they legit deleted all posts lol. Cuz people were being "hostile" and stuff too much. At least that is the reason they told us.

And my banning came shortly after, so all I could figure is that they were extremely sensitive in the weeks following that overhaul.

KingD19
First of all, you and me are bros.

Surtur is trying his hardest to get permabanned in 3 forums.

So no, King. No "stop it", just break his spine and bite his face off or I'm not dating you again.

Second thing... yeah, maybe you're right. We don't need h1 here.

Yes, dear. smile

Surtur
I'll hurl a bag of swedish fish at you if u attempt to face bite me.

You have been warned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.