KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Aragorn vs The Hound and The Mountain

Aragorn vs The Hound and The Mountain
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

Aragorn vs The Hound and The Mountain

Can Aragorn defeat both at the same time? If not, could he defeat both individually?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 12:30 AM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not sure about the Hound, but I used the Mountain in a thread here once and ppl said he was Uber slow and a bully/cowardly.

So, I’m thinking Aragorn can at least beat him.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 01:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been a while since I have seen the movies, but Aragorn seemed to merely just mow down featless orcs. He scared away some ringwraiths with a torch.

I don't recall him ever coming up against someone who had skill. An actual warrior.

The Hound has and so has The Mountain.

On the other hand, The Hound wasn't someone who was shown he was capable of mowing down a whole horde of undead either. So I don't know, Aragorn is better at slaying mobs of featless creatures, but one on one with someone experienced I think he might be in trouble. Even with The Mountain...I think he'd eventually get his hands on him, he might endure wounds from Aragorn that turn out to be fatal, but still.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 05:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

LoL @ LOTR amateurs. Aragorn absolutely curbstomps here. He likely has more years of battle experience than both the Cleganes combined.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 05:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, but this is about feats. He just slays featless creatures.

I can't think of a skilled warrior he has come up against, something that wasn't canon fodder.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 05:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, no. You LOTR amateur. eg Lurtz in Fellowship wasn't cannon fodder, he had super strength and was a skilled brute of a fighter.

Aragorn's also physically stronger than both Cleganes as in ROTK he was trading and blocking blows from the fully armoured leader Olog-Hai troll.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 06:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, no. You LOTR amateur. eg Lurtz in Fellowship wasn't cannon fodder, he had super strength and was a skilled brute of a fighter.

Aragorn's also physically stronger than both Cleganes as in ROTK he was trading and blocking blows from the fully armoured leader Olog-Hai troll.

He also one armed tosses Gimli who is a dwarf so he's like 200+lbs without armor. He was fully armored and had his axe so he was closer to 300-400lbs.

Even his stamina is godly as they ran for what? 3-5 days straight?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 06:29 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by KingD19
He also one armed tosses Gimli who is a dwarf so he's like 200+lbs without armor. He was fully armored and had his axe so he was closer to 300-400lbs.

Even his stamina is godly as they ran for what? 3-5 days straight?

Yup. iirc, it was four days and was said to me around 150miles?

If you're someone who can keep up with an [lotr] elf physically, you're superhuman yourself.

Edit: Watched the scene, Gimli says: "Three days and nights pursuit. No food, no rest. No sign of our quarry, but what bare rock can tell!"

Add to that it wasn't until the next day they came upon the killed Uruk's they were chasing, it seems like about four days total they chased without rest or food.

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 20th, 2020 at 06:46 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 06:36 PM
John Murdoch

I'm siding with Aragorn, I'm going to list the best feats outside of his orc and Uruk Hai (forgive my spelling if wrong) army slaying in order of what I think pertains the most to this fight:
- Had a swordfight with a fully-armored cave troll at the Black Gate battle in Return of the King. Literally clashing swords, stopping the strikes from a creature that is around 30 feet tall swinging a giant metal blade DOWNWARDS at a 6 foot tall or so dude.
- Was in visible pain, but resisted being crushed after being stepped on by abovementioned troll, who was actively trying to crush Aragorn with his foot.
- Decimated the ring wraiths in a 1 vs 9 handicap match with a torch and his sword. Possibly the biggest stomp battle in the entire trilogy.
- Once he closed the distance with Lurtz, the head Uruk Hai, and their duel went from ranged and thrown weapons to melee, Strider completely outclasses Lurtz, chops off his arm, runs him through, and decapitates him.
- Tossed Gimli downward at Helm's Deep's entrance.

The biggest thing for Aragorn to overcome with the Clegane brothers is the Mountain's durability. Getting stabbed in the torso and head didn't do anything to him, and he had a massive chunk of the King's Landing castle drop on his back to no effect. Literally 1000-pound plus stone looked like a pillow fell on him.

I think Aragorn handles either one solo, but as a team I still choose Aragorn, though he dies if the Mountain grabs him.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 06:50 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by John Murdoch
I'm siding with Aragorn, I'm going to list the best feats outside of his orc and Uruk Hai (forgive my spelling if wrong) army slaying in order of what I think pertains the most to this fight:
- Had a swordfight with a fully-armored cave troll at the Black Gate battle in Return of the King. Literally clashing swords, stopping the strikes from a creature that is around 30 feet tall swinging a giant metal blade DOWNWARDS at a 6 foot tall or so dude.
- Was in visible pain, but resisted being crushed after being stepped on by abovementioned troll, who was actively trying to crush Aragorn with his foot.
- Decimated the ring wraiths in a 1 vs 9 handicap match with a torch and his sword. Possibly the biggest stomp battle in the entire trilogy.
- Once he closed the distance with Lurtz, the head Uruk Hai, and their duel went from ranged and thrown weapons to melee, Strider completely outclasses Lurtz, chops off his arm, runs him through, and decapitates him.
- Tossed Gimli downward at Helm's Deep's entrance.

The biggest thing for Aragorn to overcome with the Clegane brothers is the Mountain's durability. Getting stabbed in the torso and head didn't do anything to him, and he had a massive chunk of the King's Landing castle drop on his back to no effect. Literally 1000-pound plus stone looked like a pillow fell on him.

I think Aragorn handles either one solo, but as a team I still choose Aragorn, though he dies if the Mountain grabs him.

Thats not Mountain, thats Ser Robert Strong who survived the blade through the skull and all that. He was Mountains zombie brought back to life by alchemy and dark magic so he is fundamentally different from Gregor Clegane and the feats don't carry over.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 07:22 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Aragorn could also defeat zombie Gregor, he'd chop off his head with a single swing.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 07:29 PM
Jmanghan

Aragorn is stronger then the Mountain and could overpower him if forced into a grapple. smile

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 07:34 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

He's not even fast enough to land a hit on him honestly.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 07:40 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It took the Olog-hai chieftain to beat Aragorn in the battle of the Black Gate.

Originally posted by Robtard

Damn, Rob already beat me to it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 12:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Surtur
He scared away some ringwraiths with a torch.

He fought them in melee with his standard Strider sword, too, actually.

And those "some" ringwraiths included the Witchking of Angmar.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 12:16 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Surtur
I can't think of a skilled warrior he has come up against, something that wasn't canon fodder.

Lurtz, the first and most powerful Uruk-hai.

Sharku, the warg rider captain.

King of the Dead.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 12:24 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Aragorn is laughably stronger than the Clegane bros. As already mentioned by others, he's strong enough to outright block a strike from an attack troll:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/Spherical...pala-mobile.mp4

For reference, they can do this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FaintHotE...ceel-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IllEvenAt...cken-mobile.mp4

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 04:08 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yep. There's a difference in scale here. Aragorn simply comes from a vastly more powerful setting so even he, a very competent fighter but nowhere near the top tier in the series (though among more normal tiers he might be), would crush two of the most formidable fighters in GoT.

You could add Oberyn, Jaime in his prime, and perhaps even Ramsay's Twenty Good Men and the result would be the same.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 04:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Lord of the rings movies were beautiful to look at but unlike the old animated, which was far better story telling horribly bloated. Aragon had some of the few scenes I really enjoyed. My honest opinion is he stomps and is simply too strong, too skilled and too fast.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 08:02 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hound and Mountain may be helluva strong for normal humans.

But Aragorn ain't "normal" --- he's one of the Dúnedain, 87 years old, by the time of The Two Towers.

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/D%C3%BAnedain

Old Post Aug 21st, 2020 02:14 PM