Darth Vader vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeadpoolXXX
how does this one go?

DarkSaint85
Same way a Vader/Hercules one goes, with Vader winning.

BrolyBlack
Vader turns his ankles into kankles

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Same way a Vader/Hercules one goes, with Vader winning. kind of what i was wondering. would hulk be as helpless as hercules against vader's tk?

i know hulk also has some degree of impressive speed. could he rush vader before tk could be applied?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
kind of what i was wondering. would hulk be as helpless as hercules against vader's tk?

i know hulk also has some degree of impressive speed. could he rush vader before tk could be applied?

Depends on what feats you allow for VAder - but it would need to be Hulk's highest speed feats.

Then there is Vader's precog.

Galan007
Yeah.

Even with Hulk's bullrushing feats, the chances of him covering 0.5km and getting to Vader before he can react(essentially beating his precog) are slim, imo.

As with the Herc thread: Hulk's best bet is a thunderclap at the onset. But again, that assumes he can clap before Vader can register a thought. /shrug

carver9
Hulk unless Vader bfr him

celeyhyga17
Hulk has to create volatile counter force via thunderclaps and groundpound.

LordGod
Could a lightsaber cut Hulk?

Galan007
Possibly? Maybe?

BruceSkywalker
well doesn't hulk love to be choked out lol

h1a8
Also, the characters know the rules right? They know that bfr counts as a win right?
If so then Vader can easily bfr any brick beyond the battlefield for the 10 second count (or whatever the reasonable time allowance is).

One Big Mob
Vader can only win with bfr. We've seen plate reinforced throats resist chokes from items far less durable than Hulk. And the whole no-limits fallacy of just reaching through impossibly durable objects seems odd considering the same rules don't seem to apply for comic characters with TK even though they don't get throttled by upgraded Rancors or need to jump inside Zillo Beasts to kill them.
Haha they just reach through Hulk's super thick hide and blow up his heart like they did to all these other beasts in Star Wars that Hulk would one punch.

DeadpoolXXX
ya i dont think anyones saying that vader could beat hulk with a force choke.

h1a8
It will either bfr or lightsaber the Hulk. I definitely don't thing crushing Hulk's throat or exploding his heart are options.

One Big Mob
ya i dont think anyones saying that vader could beat hulk with a force choke. Originally posted by h1a8
It will either bfr or lightsaber the Hulk. I definitely don't thing crushing Hulk's throat or exploding his heart are options. Are you saying you'd have to be completely retarded to try and argue that?

Also BFR while an option probably wouldn't work either. It's literally reaching out and grabbing you in a wave of energy. What happens when people try to restrain Hulk in a wave of energy or with an external force? The defense against TK is literally pushing the Force outwards to fight back against it. Literal jetpack bursts are an effective tactic against TK.

But yes, Hulk has no defense against something he's broken out of almost everytime on much higher levels used by people used to dealing with those higher levels.
Vader literally has to be strong enough to stop Hulk to control his entire body. It's not a case of Hulk weighing "325 pounds" it's a case of Vader having to stop his entire body from moving at all if he somehow manages to grab his entire body at once. If he chooses to just grab an ankle or a wrist, then he has to be strong enough to stop that from moving to break his hold, in addition to tossing the guy who can jump miles a second far enough away that he can't return. Remember all those times Hulk was BFR'ed by TK everyone? Remember when Vader BFR'ed beings that could return in seconds that actively fought back the entire time?

This isn't Magneto who actually has control of your body or is just powerful enough on his own to fight you in sheer power.

And the lightsaber is resisted by enough things that a guy who's built his career off of fighting sharp weapons and hot objects losing to that seems unlikely. Also Hulk has no healing factor.

I wonder if Doomsday with no superspeed gets BFR'ed by Vader though? Really makes you think.

What is the reasoning here? That you can just grab someone in TK and it's impossible to break out of? Based on ****ing what? If Flash was grabbed in TK that he's just ****ed? The vibrations break it but overwhelming strength far beyond anything Vader has faced can't? What happens when Hulk thunderclaps in the opposite direction if he gets picked up? Vader just rolls with it and it doesn't cause Vader any more exertion and can maintain it?

Sin I AM
The pro-Vader side is using the argument that the force is unique and not something that can be countered unless you have an anti-force ability like your own tk, flight, etc. Strength (even incalculable) isn't seen as a counter to the force and once Hulk is lifted off the ground (or any brick for that matter) they are essentially helpless and easily bfred or choked out.

One Big Mob
Darksaint has literally never even seen a Star Wars anything in his life. He just hates Carver.

Conceding that flight can beat it is also retarded because allowing Hulk to clap would tax the **** out of any "hold" Vader had over Hulk. Mass acceleration can beat TK? Good thing Vader TK bfrs more than Hulk claps guys.

Sin I AM
Yes Saint does get a rage boner whenever carve posts. This thread is just a continuation of the Vader vs Hercules thread which many voted for Vader

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk unless Vader bfr him Originally posted by One Big Mob
Vader can only win with bfr. Great minds, etc.

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
Great minds, etc.

thumb up

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/4/7/customsig_95747_To.gif

MrMind
Originally posted by LordGod
Could a lightsaber cut Hulk?

Hulk's piercing durability is very meh

Proper_

Stoic
Hulk like Hercules is simply too much for Vader to contend with.

BrolyBlack
Vader moved star destroyers with his mind

Diesldude
Could a lightsaber cut Hulk? . It should but hulk has fast healing. This is why he survives against wolverine.

krisblaze
Originally posted by MrMind
Hulk's piercing durability is very meh
He's taken arrows and bullets to the eyeball.
Just needs to get ANGERY enough

Stoic
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Vader moved star destroyers with his mind

Glass canon? Because we all know that one thunder clap from the Hulk, would bust his dome piece wide open.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by krisblaze

Hulk has plenty of great piercing durability feats, true.

He also has plenty of anti-feats, but the same can be said about most characters that old.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Glass canon? Because we all know that one thunder clap from the Hulk, would bust his dome piece wide open.

Have you not seen his shield feats?

krisblaze
Have you not seen Hulk's strength feats?

Dude can fight THOR.

StiltmanFTW
Have you not seen his shield feats?

Yeah, he's been shown to be capable of erecting forcefields in both comics and video games (both canon, of course).

StiltmanFTW

Dude can fight THOR.

That weakling?

Stoic

Dude can fight THOR.

I know right. Hulk has broken through mystically sealed worlds like when he was stuck in the Crossroads, but somehow we need to pay attention to Vaders shields. Susan Storm had her shields buckle under an assault from the Hulk, and they've withstood a crazy amount of power.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Vader moved star destroyers with his mind Post it.

Have you not seen his shield feats? I'm convinced. Very convincing.

StiltmanFTW
It's cool to gang up on Hulk and telekinetics always offer plenty of options on battleboards... but Bran is not wrong here.

Force TK *can* fail and is not always enough to secure an insta-win.

And Hulk is much more powerful than Hercules, too (in regards to the previous thread).

Galan007
I agree with carver and Bran(they're basically the same person) that Vader's best option is BFR at the onset.

If he doesn't do that, Hulk will win.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's cool to gang up on Hulk and telekinetics always offer plenty of options on battleboards... but Bran is not wrong here.

Force TK *can* fail and is not always enough to secure an insta-win.

And Hulk is much more powerful than Hercules, too (in regards to the previous thread).

Well tbh, most serious posters weren't saying force choke was how he would win.

Even Carv acknowledges BFR is a win. And yeah, it's cheap, but.....it's a win.

StiltmanFTW
I agree with carver and Bran(they're basically the same person) that Vader's best option is BFR at the onset.

You realize that Bran has murdered people for much less than that?

If he doesn't do that, Hulk will win.

Serious question --- has Vader ever BFR'd anybody, the way we'd like him to do (orbit and so on)?

StiltmanFTW

Even Carv acknowledges BFR is a win. And yeah, it's cheap, but.....it's a win.

I agree, but I'd need to see Vader utilizing the Force in such manner first.

DarkSaint85
https://m.imgur.com/a/AyLA4

Galan is more au fair with the feats though.

One Big Mob

Even Carv acknowledges BFR is a win. And yeah, it's cheap, but.....it's a win. Explain how well that works with examples please.

StiltmanFTW
You see, even a guy like Rhino has a legit BFR feat that would work in KMC's featureless environment standard setting.

Vader, afaik, doesn't.

carver9
Lol at shields. No one in comics have shield destroying fts on Hulk level. Any shield Vader puts up gets one punched or Thunderclapped out of existence by Hulk and the impact kills Vader.

DarkSaint85
Lmao. The shields comment was to Vader being a glass cannon. He's not.

Galan007
Serious question --- has Vader ever BFR'd anybody, the way we'd like him to do (orbit and so on)? There are maybe a few examples that might be considered BFR, but not many at all -- Vader typically prefers to kill his opponents. But tbf, the majority of characters who are given a BFR win haven't actually done it to an opponent they are actively fighting on-panel... Or they've only done it like one time in 40 years. Same with "speedblitzing" at the onset, for that matter -- almost never happens in a comic.

I've just always assumed that BFR/blitzing falls somewhere under the "full capacity" rule, given that the character in question has the ability to do so.

So for example, Vader would go into this fight with common knowledge of Hulk -- he'd know that Hulk is FAR stronger and more durable than anything he's ever faced, and also know that the longer the battle goes on, the stronger Hulk will become. That said, him using the Force to BFR Hulk seems like a logical use of his power, imo(as it's about the only way he can win.)

But if you're arguing that Vader wouldn't do it here because it's not a tactic he regularly uses on characters in the SW-verse(who are all far below Hulk and able to be directly killed by Vader), then I can't really argue with you. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Carver, you don't know a single thing about Star Wars (you didn't even know what RotS was, Badabing remembers, I can re-post it too), so you better sit quiet in the corner and try to read your kindergarten bedtime stories.

One Big Mob
You see, even a guy like Rhino has a legit BFR feat that would work in KMC's featureless environment standard setting.

Vader, afaik, doesn't. Look Stilt, Vader just BFR's him because it works. I don't like it, and it's super cheap and wish it wasn't true but it just happens. erm

You're just pulling a Rage here DS like you aren't absolutely pitching a tent in your pants everytime you say Vader wins. Oh man I hate that the writer thinks Thor can beat Celestials but these damn writers man! Argh! It makes me so upset What are you going to do, you just like have to count it though *huff*!
It's just fact that Vader BFR's! I wish we could turn off BFR for threads but alas we're just stuck in an all Vader winning scenario. These are Dark Times friends.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Look Stilt, Vader just BFR's him because it works. I don't like it, and it's super cheap and wish it wasn't true but it just happens. erm

You're just pulling a Rage here DS like you aren't absolutely pitching a tent in your pants everytime you say Vader wins. Oh man I hate that the writer thinks Thor can beat Celestials but these damn writers man! Argh! It makes me so upset What are you going to do, you just like have to count it though *huff*!
It's just fact that Vader BFR's! I wish we could turn off BFR for threads but alas we're just stuck in an all Vader winning scenario. These are Dark Times friends.
Indeed! That's basically what I'm saying.

carver9

But if you're arguing that Vader wouldn't do it here because it's not a tactic he regularly uses on characters in the SW-verse(who are all far below Hulk and able to be directly killed by Vader), then I can't really argue with you. /shrug

Glad you said this. Hulk stomps.

Galan007
https://data.whicdn.com/images/256933730/original.gif

MrMind

he's taken it, yes

and it injured him

https://i.ibb.co/PTQqQdx/kHxz7qH.jpg

One Big Mob
Even if Hulk gets lifted in the air, a thunderclap is going to break the hold. Sudden acceleration or power doesn't work well with Force users, and any sort of restraint is going to end in disaster. I assume DS' Vader never uses restraint on Hulk though and his view of the Force is like turning gravity off and Hulk just floats with no exertion but that's not how it works. Helium balloon Hulk.

And catching Hulk jumping at you and striking is probably beyond his power anyway but just stopping something like that alone would require immense concentration, let alone stopping that and immediately sending it into orbit before Hulk can clap or just spaz out and break the hold. If he doesn't immediately send him into orbit then that's going to repeat until he does, and Vader in no way will falter in this task, or get tagged while he's doing this.

Hell him grabbing Hulk in the first place would leave him wide open for a clap. Star Wars is built on the foundation that if you're attacking then your defenses are likely down. We see this with Kenobi getting ragdolled everytime he goes on the offensive. We even see this with Legends in an example DS would surely count if he was aware in that Vader fighting anywhere near DS levels in intelligence would get splattered everytime he grabbed Starkiller.

The more I think of it, the more I think Vader's Force use would be completely useless. His best bet honestly turns into a Saber fight where even if you assume it cuts Hulk, he has a healing factor.

Hulk annihilates him.

LordGod
Vader wins by bfr. If that doesn't work Hulk wins.

MrMind
why can't lightsaber fly straight into his heart or brain? durability feats?

StiltmanFTW

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/5199859-hulk404_06b.jpg

One Big Mob

Because lightsabers suck and are resisted by ferrocrete and durasteel occasionally. You remember the first scene in TPM where Jinn had trouble cutting through a thick door that Hulk could fingerflick through?

There's tons of lightsaber resistant things in Star Wars though. Even Purge Troopers started being able to handle them (along with being trained against TK with zero Force sensitivity). Random shields too.

https://guides.gamepressure.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order/gfx/word/4644640.jpg

Thin layers of Beskar could resist too, though not fully immune, and in Legends a Mandalorion Crushgaunt could actually grab sabers. Also in Legends an influx of Force energy attaining Oneness allowed you to physically grab sabers while burning your hand. Satele almost broke one pushing against it too.

Basically a lot of stuff Wolverine would shred, and you just showed Hulk being pretty fine from being shot in the eye from iirc an adamantium bullet. He was even drained and shot with every adamantium weapon from huge calibers in pretty sure that comic too and came out on top. H1 would tell you that he was shot by 313 million tons of force from every adamantium round.

StiltmanFTW
Vader wins by bfr. If that doesn't work Hulk wins.

Hulk might be a retard, but he loves to thunderclap. And that should be enough to get free of his hold.

Like Bran mentioned, jetpack propulsion alone was enough.

Then there's the problem with executing such BFR fast enough and without experiencing problems once the distance becomes significant.

Again, Hulk is not Hercules who got his ass handed to him by BC Wolverine.

Honestly? Force Choke is more likely to work than BFR.

Because depriving Hulk of oxygen was a common strategy in the past.

DeadpoolXXX
he's taken it, yes

and it injured him

https://i.ibb.co/PTQqQdx/kHxz7qH.jpg that was also world war hulk, who was more durable then ever.

current hulk seems to be a lot more squishy imo.

h1a8
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Even if Hulk gets lifted in the air, a thunderclap is going to break the hold. Sudden acceleration or power doesn't work well with Force users, and any sort of restraint is going to end in disaster. I assume DS' Vader never uses restraint on Hulk though and his view of the Force is like turning gravity off and Hulk just floats with no exertion but that's not how it works. Helium balloon Hulk.

And catching Hulk jumping at you and striking is probably beyond his power anyway but just stopping something like that alone would require immense concentration, let alone stopping that and immediately sending it into orbit before Hulk can clap or just spaz out and break the hold. If he doesn't immediately send him into orbit then that's going to repeat until he does, and Vader in no way will falter in this task, or get tagged while he's doing this.

Hell him grabbing Hulk in the first place would leave him wide open for a clap. Star Wars is built on the foundation that if you're attacking then your defenses are likely down. We see this with Kenobi getting ragdolled everytime he goes on the offensive. We even see this with Legends in an example DS would surely count if he was aware in that Vader fighting anywhere near DS levels in intelligence would get splattered everytime he grabbed Starkiller.

The more I think of it, the more I think Vader's Force use would be completely useless. His best bet honestly turns into a Saber fight where even if you assume it cuts Hulk, he has a healing factor.

Hulk annihilates him.

Vader has precog and can turn Hulk around facing the other way. Also how potent is Hulk's thunder claps at 0.5km away?

StiltmanFTW
he's taken it, yes

and it injured him

https://i.ibb.co/PTQqQdx/kHxz7qH.jpg

that was also world war hulk, who was more durable then ever.

current hulk seems to be a lot more squishy imo.

Adamantium bullet.

StiltmanFTW
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/5833973-eyeballs.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3225483-2684367-avengers_assemble_zone_019.jpg

One Big Mob
Originally posted by h1a8
Vader has precog and can turn Hulk around facing the other way. Also how potent is Hulk's thunder claps at 0.5km away? Post examples of Vader doing anything, let alone simply turning Hulk around at .5km like it's his first move before Hulk moves.

And Vader's precog is garbage. It's for reacting to blasters with accuracy, not for preemptively exerting huge amounts of Force energy to make Hulk look in another direction before he can move.

Again, post Vader doing anything. Literally a scan of him existing so I know you know what character you're using to hate Hulk today.

Turning Hulk around in a thunderclap would just accelerate him closer to Vader too.

I know I shouldn't respond to h1 things but Darksaint is OK with these comments backing up his guy. Honestly, I just blame DS for this post, so I'm going to assume he came up with turning Hulk a full 180 degrees as a foolproof plan. Probably some thread lost in the anals of time where DS talks about Vader making Hulk do a bunch of skateboard tricks, then he starts including an actual skateboard into the equation and everyone claps like he's releasing a new Iphone.

Hulk can't punch Vader if he's too busy grabbing his board for a backflip Carver. erm

StiltmanFTW
Bran wasting his energy on h1 again.

Feels like old times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.