Mighto Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This gauntlet isn't in order. Who here can pull a majority against Mighto? He did extremely well against a Superman who still had his strength, speed and invulnerability. Can any of the people below pull a majority?

Here's Mighto...

https://www.zipcomic.com/superman-up-in-the-sky-issue-2

Contestants:

1. Thor
2. Silver Surfer
3. Damage
4. HP Doomsday
5. Classic Juggernaut
6. Orion
7. Wonder Woman, standard gear
8. Thanos, hand 2 hand only
9. Citizen Steele
10. Magneto, full powered

Diesldude
.. stop lying Superman wasn’t allowed to use his super speed.

Diesldude

carver9
Sigh, he was the only one to reply in here and I HAD TO READ HIS POST. WHY DID I DO IT??? WWWHHHYYYYY!!!! Mighto - "I'm stronger than you. IM FASTER THAN YOU"!!!

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/58372467/SmartSelect_20200824-145439_Chrome.jpg.html

ITS RIGHT THERE ON PANEL. Why in the world would he say he's faster or the writer would write that unless speed was being used?

Diesldude

DarkSaint85
Lmao oh Carv.

If Flash isn't allowed to use his superspeed, Batman is faster than him.

That doesn't mean Batman is faster than Flash at his fastest. Only that he's faster than Barry without superspeed.

Lmao.

Diesldude

CosmicComet
Ehhh...I can kinda see it from Carver's point of view.

Mighto was trying to eliminate things like flight and hv not pure physical stats.

How lame would it be to claim you are faster than someone but you actually aren't, they just aren't allowed to punch and dodge as fast as they could?

It's not like superman's speed is an actual power like time control, even if it feels like it. It's just a pure physical stat.

I always thought it was a poorly written fight though.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Mighto was trying to eliminate things like flight and hv not pure physical stats.

How lame would it be to claim you are faster than someone but you actually aren't, they just aren't allowed to punch and dodge as fast as they could?

It's not like superman's speed is an actual power like time control, even if it feels like it. It's just a pure physical stat.

Although speed IS an actual superpower. I mean, going by your logic superstrength and invulnerability are both pure physical stats....

CosmicComet
Yes, I've never classified strength and durability levels as powers.

If that's what you are naturally then that's what you are. Likewise Speed.

If you had the ability to amp your stats then yes that would be a power in my eyes.

So again, how fast is Superman when he isnt allowed to actually be as fast as he naturally is?

DarkSaint85
Yes, I've never classified strength and durability levels as powers.

If that's what you are naturally then that's what you are. Likewise Speed.

If you had the ability to amp your stats then yes that would be a power in my eyes.

So again, how fast is Superman when he isnt allowed to actually be as fast as he naturally is?

Mighto did, though (or more accurately, the writer did). So yeah. Superstrength and invulnerability are superpowers and by extension superspeed.

CosmicComet
Except mighto never counted out speed. In fact he taunted greater speed. He talked about 'fancy' things like flight and heat vision.

He made it clear that physical stats were not out of limits. Ergo he basically agrees with my classification

How lame would it be to have a boxing fight, declare the guy you are fighting cant punch as fast as he can, and then say you are faster than him?

If we use your interpretation, how would mighto even know Superman isnt using his speed? What's to stop Superman from upping his reflexes ever so slightly to be above Mighto's. Like say 20%; the type of advantage Ali had over opponents?

I'll just propose that Tom King is another one of those idiot writers that equate speed purely to movement unless shown otherwise. I.e. just because you could somehow run or fly at hypersonic laps around the world your punches can still be peak human speed at best.

DarkSaint85

carver9

This. I see no reason for a writer to have someone say "im faster than you" but use that as Superman not using his speed. What kind of crap is that?

-Pr-
If the guy hadn't specifically said "no superpowers except for strength and invulnerability", i'd agree. But he did say it.

CosmicComet
And yet Mighto touts greater speed. I dont think Mighto's intent was to be a disingenuous a$$hole.

How can you say you are faster than a guy in boxing knowing he is handicapping their speed?

Again, why would Superman knowingly limit his speed to be below Mighto's if he had the ability all along to be even slightly fast enough to beat him fairly quickly? Was superman playing around with the speed percentages in his head while the little girl's life was at stake and knowingly fooling around?

He wasnt. Mighto was faster in the fight. It was a poorly written fight in a long line of poorly written fights and Tom King is a long line of comic writers that doesnt understand speed.

Parmaniac
The guy is saying except that means he categorizes super strength and invulnerability as super powers aswell.

Superman (along with some other characters) is terrible to write in a good story also keeping his powerlevel and stats on the level they are.

EDIT: His speed often gets ignored or played down, I had arguments about Doomsday's speed (DoS story) simply because it wasn't supported by anything than statements that simply couldn't hold up to what was shown on panel.

CosmicComet
And yet he says he is faster than Superman as well.

Ergo Tom King is basically saying Superman can move super fast (fast enough to beat Barry in a race around Earth in the same series) and yet punches slow enough for random alien crowds to keep up with his movements in a boxing match.

Mighto was faster. But only because King wrote poorly.

DarkSaint85
*shrug* or Mighto's a d!ck. Like me challenging Iron Mike to a boxing match, then saying he can't use his speed but can use his strength and durability.

Then when I dance around him, I start being a dick and taunting him on his speed.

Cosmic, your logic is that superspeed isn't a 'superpower' per se - merely an innate attribute. OK.

By that logic, super strength and super durability are ALSO innate attributes, and aren't superpowers.

But Mighto clearly think that they are superpowers, NOT attributes. And goes even further, and limits Superman's superpowers to JUST his strength and durability. The text even emphasises that strength and durability are powers, NOT inherent attributes. Which means we have to fill in the gap ourselves as to why he is taunting Superman.

The converse, is to use your logic - which is patently wrong, as the comic is at pains to point out that things like strength and durability (which should also be attributes) are defined as 'superpowers'.

-Pr-
Tom King ****s up again. In other news, water is wet.

Diesldude
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
*shrug* or Mighto's a d!ck. Like me challenging Iron Mike to a boxing match, then saying he can't use his speed but can use his strength and durability.

Then when I dance around him, I start being a dick and taunting him on his speed.

Cosmic, your logic is that superspeed isn't a 'superpower' per se - merely an innate attribute. OK.

By that logic, super strength and super durability are ALSO innate attributes, and aren't superpowers.

But Mighto clearly think that they are superpowers, NOT attributes. And goes even further, and limits Superman's superpowers to JUST his strength and durability. The text even emphasises that strength and durability are powers, NOT inherent attributes. Which means we have to fill in the gap ourselves as to why he is taunting Superman.

The converse, is to use your logic - which is patently wrong, as the comic is at pains to point out that things like strength and durability (which should also be attributes) are defined as 'superpowers'. your Batman vs Flash example was spot on.

Thats exactly what happened in the ring. Superman Vs Ali proved superman isnt the greatest boxer lol. This was something like that but no way was superman going to lose.

DarkSaint85
Yeah - Batman challenges Flash (ok, let's not use Batman, and say...Damian, or Jason Todd challenging Wally).

No superspeed allowed.

Damian/Jason walk all over Wally (either Wally - ginger or not). Then taunt that they are faster.

Edit: hell, we can even go further and say Mighto was about to finish his sentence with 'without any of your fancy speed'.

One Big Mob
Suck my Mighto Carver

carver9
Lol... are you angry OBM? Also, bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.