KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mighto Gauntlet

Mighto Gauntlet
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Mighto Gauntlet

This gauntlet isn't in order. Who here can pull a majority against Mighto? He did extremely well against a Superman who still had his strength, speed and invulnerability. Can any of the people below pull a majority?

Here's Mighto...

https://www.zipcomic.com/superman-up-in-the-sky-issue-2

Contestants:

1. Thor
2. Silver Surfer
3. Damage
4. HP Doomsday
5. Classic Juggernaut
6. Orion
7. Wonder Woman, standard gear
8. Thanos, hand 2 hand only
9. Citizen Steele
10. Magneto, full powered

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 05:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

.. stop lying Superman wasn’t allowed to use his super speed.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 06:32 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

He just read the comic today and still f’d up. laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

“No super-powers except strength and whatever invulnerability you got”.

Last edited by Diesldude on Aug 24th, 2020 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 06:38 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Sigh, he was the only one to reply in here and I HAD TO READ HIS POST. WHY DID I DO IT??? WWWHHHYYYYY!!!! Mighto - "I'm stronger than you. IM FASTER THAN YOU"!!!

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/58...Chrome.jpg.html

ITS RIGHT THERE ON PANEL. Why in the world would he say he's faster or the writer would write that unless speed was being used?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 06:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Sigh, he was the only one to reply in here and I HAD TO READ HIS POST. WHY DID I DO IT??? WWWHHHYYYYY!!!! Mighto - "I'm stronger than you. IM FASTER THAN YOU"!!!

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/58...Chrome.jpg.html

ITS RIGHT THERE ON PANEL. Why in the world would he say he's faster or the writer would write that unless speed was being used?
you’re an idiot and you can’t read. He’s faster than superman in the boxing ring when superman isn’t using his superspeed. The ref said no superpowers except strength and whatever invulnerability they have. Now what does that mean?
It’s better for you to just keep me on ignore and live blissfully in ignorance.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 07:04 PM
DarkSaint85

Lmao oh Carv.

If Flash isn't allowed to use his superspeed, Batman is faster than him.

That doesn't mean Batman is faster than Flash at his fastest. Only that he's faster than Barry without superspeed.

Lmao.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 07:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

He left lmao. Way to create a thread based on lies.
Wonder why he didn’t have the hulk in this.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 08:12 PM
CosmicComet

Ehhh...I can kinda see it from Carver's point of view.

Mighto was trying to eliminate things like flight and hv not pure physical stats.

How lame would it be to claim you are faster than someone but you actually aren't, they just aren't allowed to punch and dodge as fast as they could?

It's not like superman's speed is an actual power like time control, even if it feels like it. It's just a pure physical stat.

I always thought it was a poorly written fight though.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 08:21 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by CosmicComet

Mighto was trying to eliminate things like flight and hv not pure physical stats.

How lame would it be to claim you are faster than someone but you actually aren't, they just aren't allowed to punch and dodge as fast as they could?

It's not like superman's speed is an actual power like time control, even if it feels like it. It's just a pure physical stat.

Although speed IS an actual superpower. I mean, going by your logic superstrength and invulnerability are both pure physical stats....

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 08:27 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Yes, I've never classified strength and durability levels as powers.

If that's what you are naturally then that's what you are. Likewise Speed.

If you had the ability to amp your stats then yes that would be a power in my eyes.

So again, how fast is Superman when he isnt allowed to actually be as fast as he naturally is?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 08:34 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yes, I've never classified strength and durability levels as powers.

If that's what you are naturally then that's what you are. Likewise Speed.

If you had the ability to amp your stats then yes that would be a power in my eyes.

So again, how fast is Superman when he isnt allowed to actually be as fast as he naturally is?

Mighto did, though (or more accurately, the writer did). So yeah. Superstrength and invulnerability are superpowers and by extension superspeed.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 08:38 PM
CosmicComet

Except mighto never counted out speed. In fact he taunted greater speed. He talked about 'fancy' things like flight and heat vision.

He made it clear that physical stats were not out of limits. Ergo he basically agrees with my classification

How lame would it be to have a boxing fight, declare the guy you are fighting cant punch as fast as he can, and then say you are faster than him?

If we use your interpretation, how would mighto even know Superman isnt using his speed? What's to stop Superman from upping his reflexes ever so slightly to be above Mighto's. Like say 20%; the type of advantage Ali had over opponents?

I'll just propose that Tom King is another one of those idiot writers that equate speed purely to movement unless shown otherwise. I.e. just because you could somehow run or fly at hypersonic laps around the world your punches can still be peak human speed at best.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 08:49 PM
DarkSaint85

See below.

'No superpowers, except superstrength and whatever invulnerability you've got'. The text even emboldens the words 'invulnerability', 'superstrength' and 'superpowers'.

In short, superstrength and invulnerability are superpowers. So unlike you, he is counting them as superpowers.

Originally posted by Diesldude
He just read the comic today and still f’d up. laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

“No super-powers except strength and whatever invulnerability you got”.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 08:58 PM
carver9

This. I see no reason for a writer to have someone say "im faster than you" but use that as Superman not using his speed. What kind of crap is that?

Last edited by carver9 on Aug 24th, 2020 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 09:04 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If the guy hadn't specifically said "no superpowers except for strength and invulnerability", i'd agree. But he did say it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 09:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

And yet Mighto touts greater speed. I dont think Mighto's intent was to be a disingenuous a$$hole.

How can you say you are faster than a guy in boxing knowing he is handicapping their speed?

Again, why would Superman knowingly limit his speed to be below Mighto's if he had the ability all along to be even slightly fast enough to beat him fairly quickly? Was superman playing around with the speed percentages in his head while the little girl's life was at stake and knowingly fooling around?

He wasnt. Mighto was faster in the fight. It was a poorly written fight in a long line of poorly written fights and Tom King is a long line of comic writers that doesnt understand speed.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 09:09 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

The guy is saying except that means he categorizes super strength and invulnerability as super powers aswell.

Superman (along with some other characters) is terrible to write in a good story also keeping his powerlevel and stats on the level they are.

EDIT: His speed often gets ignored or played down, I had arguments about Doomsday's speed (DoS story) simply because it wasn't supported by anything than statements that simply couldn't hold up to what was shown on panel.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Last edited by Parmaniac on Aug 24th, 2020 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 09:11 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

And yet he says he is faster than Superman as well.

Ergo Tom King is basically saying Superman can move super fast (fast enough to beat Barry in a race around Earth in the same series) and yet punches slow enough for random alien crowds to keep up with his movements in a boxing match.

Mighto was faster. But only because King wrote poorly.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 09:16 PM
DarkSaint85

*shrug* or Mighto's a d!ck. Like me challenging Iron Mike to a boxing match, then saying he can't use his speed but can use his strength and durability.

Then when I dance around him, I start being a dick and taunting him on his speed.

Cosmic, your logic is that superspeed isn't a 'superpower' per se - merely an innate attribute. OK.

By that logic, super strength and super durability are ALSO innate attributes, and aren't superpowers.

But Mighto clearly think that they are superpowers, NOT attributes. And goes even further, and limits Superman's superpowers to JUST his strength and durability. The text even emphasises that strength and durability are powers, NOT inherent attributes. Which means we have to fill in the gap ourselves as to why he is taunting Superman.

The converse, is to use your logic - which is patently wrong, as the comic is at pains to point out that things like strength and durability (which should also be attributes) are defined as 'superpowers'.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 09:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Tom King ****s up again. In other news, water is wet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 09:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote