Raphael Vs Hobbs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
DYoxIDfA35k

No weapons, strictly h2h.
Bane is special guest referee.

WUyMu10Yw8o

TheVaultDweller
I'd give it to Raph. His durability is outright cartoony after the 2nd film, where he literally takes a header with a cargo plane and it's played for laughs.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'd give it to Raph. His durability is outright cartoony after the 2nd film, where he literally takes a header with a cargo plane and it's played for laughs.

He's also cartoonishly strong, like when he tosses that loaded cargo container in the first movie. Or when he holds up that collapsing sewer tunnel until the tunnel itself gives way, not Raph. And the turtles can toss each other into armored humvees hard enough to crush them and launch them sideways when they were already driving forward at full speed.

In the sequel they were fighting Bebop and Rocksteady who can flip cars by brushing them as they run past.

riv6672

KingD19

riv6672
Hey weirder things have happened, someone could actually think Hobbs can win!

KingD19
Maybe h1 or Broly.

BruceSkywalker
Raphael takes care of business

riv6672
Originally posted by KingD19
Maybe h1 or Broly.
Exactly! laughing

ShadowFyre
Raph would wreck Hobbs, Shaw and toretto simultaneously

HulkIsHulk
Ralph can obliterate a two feet wide concrete block with a backhand. He.punches Hobbs head, clean off

TheVaultDweller
And in comparison, Hobbs would struggle to do any damage to Raph. To elaborate on my earlier post, the plane in question is a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, which weighs like 130 tons and can hit speeds of 950 km/h. A hell of an impact hitting that, even factoring in the parachute which deployed for like 2 seconds. Because that only slowed him down, not the plane. So, yeah, I really don't see how Hobbs does anything other than annoy him.

HulkIsHulk
By two feet wide, I meant a cube shaped block

ShadowFyre
Yeah, any of the turtles should solo all of the FF heavy hitters

FrothByte
Hobbs would win, or at least draw. That's because Dwayne Johnson's contract states that he's not allowed to lose.

SquallX
Originally posted by FrothByte
Hobbs would win, or at least draw. That's because Dwayne Johnson's contract states that he's not allowed to lose.

Really?

TheVaultDweller
Diesel, Statham and Johnson all have clauses of varying ego-fueled stupidity in their F&F contracts. I don't think Johnson's contract is the no-lose one, but it has some equally stupid thing where his personal stunt coordinator guys get input into his fight scenes to make him look better than the script originally would have. But there's a lot of dumb shit there. Apparently Statham straight up hijacked one of the fight scenes in Hobbs & Shaw that was originally going to feature his character's sister instead.

So, he'd lose to Raph, but Raph would probably have to drop a tank on him or punch him through a building or something to win lol.

FrothByte
Diesel, Statham and Johnson all have clauses of varying ego-fueled stupidity in their F&F contracts. I don't think Johnson's contract is the no-lose one, but it has some equally stupid thing where his personal stunt coordinator guys get input into his fight scenes to make him look better than the script originally would have. But there's a lot of dumb shit there. Apparently Statham straight up hijacked one of the fight scenes in Hobbs & Shaw that was originally going to feature his character's sister instead.

So, he'd lose to Raph, but Raph would probably have to drop a tank on him or punch him through a building or something to win lol.

If I remember correctly:

It started with Vin Diesel. Apparently he wanted to tally all the punches and kicks delivered in the FF movies to make sure he was the one who dished out the most punishment, and he never received more than he dished out.

The Rock came on and stipulated that he cannot be made to lose a fight... so a draw is the most you can get out of him.

To be fair with Statham, he didn't have any stipulations in his first movie with them that I know of. But after working with them he added a clause that limits the amount of punishment his character can take to make sure he doesn't completely lose.

So:

Diesel = needs to win
Rock = cannot lose
Statham = amount of damage taken is limited
All of them = needs to make sure all fight scenes make them look equally badass

P.S. - Raph obviously stomps Hobbs

TheVaultDweller
Well, if the Rock has a no-lose clause, it didn't get included initially. Because he does lose a fight to Dom in the one film. But I do know he has the shtick about his personal stunt guys allowing to interfere. Which isn't any better though IMO. And as mentioned, apparently Statham will just hijack other people's scenes if they look cool and he wants to do them instead.

It's all equally shit IMO, because it comes down to the same thing. Placing their own character above the overall film and interfering with the action sequences to stroke their own ego.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah that sucks. Those three are the new-era William Shatners

TheVaultDweller
They're still better than Tyrese Gibson IMO. The guy has a net worth of like $3 million yet complained about the producers taking "food off his table" or something along those lines for choosing to make Hobbs & Shaw before F&F9. It's like, gee, I am sorry you don't have enough millions.

riv6672

HulkIsHulk
They're still better than Tyrese Gibson IMO. The guy has a net worth of like $3 million yet complained about the producers taking "food off his table" or something along those lines for choosing to make Hobbs & Shaw before F&F9. It's like, gee, I am sorry you don't have enough millions.

Tyrese should consider himself lucky that they even bothered call him back for F4
But still, he didn't pull ego trips during shoots
That's why I appreciate Hugh Jackman. He lets the scriptwriters do whatever to.his characters for the story

Also IIRC Chris Evans said during a CW interview he asked the filmmakers.not to make.him look weak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.