KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Raphael Vs Hobbs

Raphael Vs Hobbs
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Raphael Vs Hobbs

No weapons, strictly h2h.
Bane is special guest referee.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 08:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'd give it to Raph. His durability is outright cartoony after the 2nd film, where he literally takes a header with a cargo plane and it's played for laughs.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 01:05 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'd give it to Raph. His durability is outright cartoony after the 2nd film, where he literally takes a header with a cargo plane and it's played for laughs.

He's also cartoonishly strong, like when he tosses that loaded cargo container in the first movie. Or when he holds up that collapsing sewer tunnel until the tunnel itself gives way, not Raph. And the turtles can toss each other into armored humvees hard enough to crush them and launch them sideways when they were already driving forward at full speed.

In the sequel they were fighting Bebop and Rocksteady who can flip cars by brushing them as they run past.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 02:49 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^i knew you’d make the same post, but this was too fun a match up not to use it here! stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 04:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^i knew you’d make the same post, but this was too fun a match up not to use it here! stick out tongue

No reason to change a winning formula. I added more feats though.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 06:06 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hey weirder things have happened, someone could actually think Hobbs can win!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 06:12 PM
KingD19

Maybe h1 or Broly.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 07:01 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Raphael takes care of business

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 07:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by KingD19
Maybe h1 or Broly.

Exactly! laughing

Old Post Aug 27th, 2020 09:25 PM
ShadowFyre

Raph would wreck Hobbs, Shaw and toretto simultaneously

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 12:12 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Ralph can obliterate a two feet wide concrete block with a backhand. He.punches Hobbs head, clean off

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 08:06 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

And in comparison, Hobbs would struggle to do any damage to Raph. To elaborate on my earlier post, the plane in question is a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, which weighs like 130 tons and can hit speeds of 950 km/h. A hell of an impact hitting that, even factoring in the parachute which deployed for like 2 seconds. Because that only slowed him down, not the plane. So, yeah, I really don't see how Hobbs does anything other than annoy him.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 08:37 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

By two feet wide, I meant a cube shaped block

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 07:13 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Yeah, any of the turtles should solo all of the FF heavy hitters

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 08:37 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Hobbs would win, or at least draw. That's because Dwayne Johnson's contract states that he's not allowed to lose.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 04:58 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by FrothByte
Hobbs would win, or at least draw. That's because Dwayne Johnson's contract states that he's not allowed to lose.

Really?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 05:00 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Diesel, Statham and Johnson all have clauses of varying ego-fueled stupidity in their F&F contracts. I don't think Johnson's contract is the no-lose one, but it has some equally stupid thing where his personal stunt coordinator guys get input into his fight scenes to make him look better than the script originally would have. But there's a lot of dumb shit there. Apparently Statham straight up hijacked one of the fight scenes in Hobbs & Shaw that was originally going to feature his character's sister instead.

So, he'd lose to Raph, but Raph would probably have to drop a tank on him or punch him through a building or something to win lol.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 06:15 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Diesel, Statham and Johnson all have clauses of varying ego-fueled stupidity in their F&F contracts. I don't think Johnson's contract is the no-lose one, but it has some equally stupid thing where his personal stunt coordinator guys get input into his fight scenes to make him look better than the script originally would have. But there's a lot of dumb shit there. Apparently Statham straight up hijacked one of the fight scenes in Hobbs & Shaw that was originally going to feature his character's sister instead.

So, he'd lose to Raph, but Raph would probably have to drop a tank on him or punch him through a building or something to win lol.

If I remember correctly:

It started with Vin Diesel. Apparently he wanted to tally all the punches and kicks delivered in the FF movies to make sure he was the one who dished out the most punishment, and he never received more than he dished out.

The Rock came on and stipulated that he cannot be made to lose a fight... so a draw is the most you can get out of him.

To be fair with Statham, he didn't have any stipulations in his first movie with them that I know of. But after working with them he added a clause that limits the amount of punishment his character can take to make sure he doesn't completely lose.

So:

Diesel = needs to win
Rock = cannot lose
Statham = amount of damage taken is limited
All of them = needs to make sure all fight scenes make them look equally badass

P.S. - Raph obviously stomps Hobbs

Last edited by FrothByte on Aug 30th, 2020 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 06:36 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, if the Rock has a no-lose clause, it didn't get included initially. Because he does lose a fight to Dom in the one film. But I do know he has the shtick about his personal stunt guys allowing to interfere. Which isn't any better though IMO. And as mentioned, apparently Statham will just hijack other people's scenes if they look cool and he wants to do them instead.

It's all equally shit IMO, because it comes down to the same thing. Placing their own character above the overall film and interfering with the action sequences to stroke their own ego.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 03:01 AM
HulkIsHulk

Yeah that sucks. Those three are the new-era William Shatners

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 06:16 AM