Rank these MCU characters 1-10 Based on physical Strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Rank them 1-10 with 10 being the strongest. Thanos at Base is 10

1. Thanos
2. Hulk
3. Kurse
4. Thor
5. Vision
6. Drax
7. Spiderman
8. Black Panther
9. Captain America
10. Iron Man
11. Groot
12. Ronan
13. Loki

FrothByte
1. Thanos - 10
2. Hulk - 9
3. Kurse - 10
4. Thor - 8
5. Vision - 8
6. Drax - 5
7. Spiderman - 5
8. Black Panther - 3
9. Captain America - 3
10. Iron Man - 7
11. Groot - 5
12. Ronan - 7
13. Loki - 7

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
1. Thanos - 10
2. Hulk - 9
3. Kurse - 10
4. Thor - 8
5. Vision - 8
6. Drax - 5
7. Spiderman - 5
8. Black Panther - 3
9. Captain America - 3
10. Iron Man - 7
11. Groot - 5
12. Ronan - 7
13. Loki - 7

Sounds about right, though I don't see why Loki is rated so high. He has no strength feats that I can't remember.

Kovert Potato
Scale not wide enough IMO.

E.g. if Captain America is 3, Spidey should be higher than 5 I think.

Also, is Black Panther explained to have super strength? I've never seen the solo movie.

StiltmanFTW
Panther has the heart-shaped-herb (just like his comic counterpart), which enhances him in a similar way that SSS does to Steve, yes.

For example, they were shown sprinting at the same speed (surpassing human levels) in the Infinity War.

Kovert Potato
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Panther has the heart-shaped-herb (just like his comic counterpart), which enhances him in a similar way that SSS does to Steve, yes.

For example, they were shown sprinting at the same speed (surpassing human levels) in the Infinity War.

Makes sense. I previously put his speed down to movie-magic "training / skills".

riv6672
Originally posted by Psychotron
Sounds about right, though I don't see why Loki is rated so high. He has no strength feats that I can't remember.
Yeah, other than Loki, that list is pretty much it.

h1a8
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Rank them 1-10 with 10 being the strongest. Thanos at Base is 10

1. Thanos. 9
2. Hulk. 8
3. Kurse. 10
4. Thor. 7
5. Vision. 4-5
6. Drax. 4-5
7. Spiderman. 5
8. Black Panther. 3
9. Captain America. 3
10. Iron Man. 4-5
11. Groot. ? 4 maybe
12. Ronan. ? 5
13. Loki. 5-6

h1a8

Stalemating Thor in a contest of strength for a moment, outclassing Cap

Kovert Potato
Originally posted by h1a8

If you mean in Avengers 1, it was more of a weapon fight than H2H against Cap. He was using his staff.

Not sure when he stalemated Thor, but it would be an outlier.

riv6672
The Cap fight was the only thing I could really think of for Loki.
I guess getting ragdolled by the Hulk would count as a durability feat.

h1a8
Originally posted by riv6672
The Cap fight was the only thing I could really think of for Loki.
I guess getting ragdolled by the Hulk would count as a durability feat.

The fight in Av1 showed Loki isn't too far from Thor in strength.

Originally posted by Kovert Potato
If you mean in Avengers 1, it was more of a weapon fight than H2H against Cap. He was using his staff.

It is that's why I rated him weaker than Thor (Thor is a 7 and Loki is about a 5).

riv6672
I can see Loki as a 4-5.

Surtur

Also needs to be pointed out Thor said he was holding back in his past fights with Loki.

KingD19
It definitely needs to be pointed out that Thor was holding back a lot in his fights with Loki. Not only does he say as much, but considering Thor can actually give Hulk a fight, while Loki gets ragdolled speaks volumes. And we've only seen Loki beat up Avengers 1 Cap, waaay before he started to have his strength creep which could have changed the dynamics if they fought a second or third time. He loves his brother and despite everything never wanted to hurt or get him in trouble, he only wanted him to do the right thing.

Loki is a runt of a Frost Giant who was primarily trained in magic by Frigga. It makes no sense that he'd be physically stronger than full grown Frost Giants who were getting one shot by Thor like they were scrubs. So I'll say Loki is near an Asgardian in strength, but nowhere near Thor who is only surpassed by Hela and possibly Odin in his prime(we never see any physical feats from him).

jaden_2.0
1. Thanos. 9
2. Hulk. 8
3. Kurse. 10
4. Thor. 7
5. Vision. 4-5
6. Drax. 4-5
7. Spiderman. 5
8. Black Panther. 3
9. Captain America. 3
10. Iron Man. 4-5
11. Groot. ? 4 maybe
12. Ronan. ? 5
13. Loki. 5-6

You've got Ronan and Drax at nearly the same when Ronan absolutely wrecked Drax with almost zero effort in GotG.

qzOgibIuy5o

Kovert Potato
Sidious / Yoda: 100
Mace: 95
Dooku: 90
Anakin: 81
Obi Wan: 78
Maul: 73

Don't get mad.

FrothByte

Well he was still strong enough to grab Thor by the nape of his neck and smash his face against the railing of Stark building. So while Thor is clearly stronger than Loki, it doesn't seem like Loki is too far behind.

Also, Cap couldn't budge Loki at all despite landing heavy shots. In comparison, Cap was still able to move Spidey with his hits, so I think it's clear that Loki is higher than Spidey.

I guess it's possible Loki would be a 6 instead of a 7, but if I rated Spidey a 5 then I wouldn't rate Loki less than a 6 considering how they both performed against Cap. 7 still seems more reasonable.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
It definitely needs to be pointed out that Thor was holding back a lot in his fights with Loki. Not only does he say as much, but considering Thor can actually give Hulk a fight, while Loki gets ragdolled speaks volumes. And we've only seen Loki beat up Avengers 1 Cap, waaay before he started to have his strength creep which could have changed the dynamics if they fought a second or third time. He loves his brother and despite everything never wanted to hurt or get him in trouble, he only wanted him to do the right thing.

Loki is a runt of a Frost Giant who was primarily trained in magic by Frigga. It makes no sense that he'd be physically stronger than full grown Frost Giants who were getting one shot by Thor like they were scrubs. So I'll say Loki is near an Asgardian in strength, but nowhere near Thor who is only surpassed by Hela and possibly Odin in his prime(we never see any physical feats from him).

1. Endgame Cap almost lost to Avengers Cap, which disproves the stength creep you mentioned.

2. Loki never fought Hulk. He got blindisded by Hulk.

3. Loki handled Cap way better than Spiderman, which should put him comfortably stronger than Spidey.

4. Thor holds back against Loki but the fact that he needs to take Loki seriously in order to beat him proves that Loki is pretty close to his strength.

5. Loki holds back against Thor too, as there were multiple instances where he could have landed killing shots against Thor but usually just stabs him in the side.

Kovert Potato
1. Endgame Cap almost lost to Avengers Cap, which disproves the stength creep you mentioned.

Could easily be explained by Avengers Cap retroactively benefiting from the strength creep.

If I surmise KingD's meaning of the term correctly, then the concept itself is on a meta level, determined by the writer, not a natural in-movie explanation. If Endgame Cap is shown to be stronger than Avengers Cap, then that would make no sense to viewers (unless explained by more experience).

Kovert Potato

2. Loki never fought Hulk. He got blindisded by Hulk.

What is the implication behind this statement? Can Loki put up a H2H fight against Hulk?

Kovert Potato

3. Loki handled Cap way better than Spiderman, which should put him comfortably stronger than Spidey.

Could be explained by Cap's strength creep.

A fight is also determined by skill, speed, psychology, experience and many other factors.

If Loki's only real strength feats are derived from A>B>C logic, then its not a very strong case given how many appearances he has made.

4. Thor holds back against Loki but the fact that he needs to take Loki seriously in order to beat him proves that Loki is pretty close to his strength.

Thor taking him seriously does not imply Loki is a peer in strength. His main threat is his weapons and magic. He is also very durable.

An extreme example to illustrate - Colossus vs Magneto.

5. Loki holds back against Thor too, as there were multiple instances where he could have landed killing shots against Thor but usually just stabs him in the side.

A fair statement, but no real argument for physical strength.

TheVaultDweller
Could be explained by Cap's strength creep.

A fight is also determined by skill, speed, psychology, experience and many other factors.

If Loki's only real strength feats are derived from A>B>C logic, then its not a very strong case given how many appearances he has made.

Yeah, not saying Loki isn't stronger (I wouldn't be surprised if he is), but there were other factors in that fight, like Pete being a complete noob on his very first outing against other supers (and clearly both nervous and overly excited about it) whereas Loki is somewhere between 1000-1500 years old.

Also, Spider-Man also arguably got stronger since then, considering he went from straining to hold up a 27-odd ton jet bridge in Civil War to supporting a couple hundred ton collapsing bell tower for several seconds in Far From Home. Which would make sense, considering he was still like 15 canonically in his first appearance, so would still be going through puberty and such anyway, never mind his developing superpowers.

The writers haven't always managed to portray Loki consistently though. Because based on a number of his other showings (like surviving the Hulk ragdolling, for example), Thanos should not have been able to casually necksnap him with one hand like he did. That's a low-end outlier IMO. For example, Thanos had Spider-Man by the throat and was choking him during IW, but couldn't just crush his neck. Nor any other characters Loki has been depicted as either a relative peer or superior too. But the Russo bros just decided to fridge him to give Thor some extra motivation. And that's not even getting into the inconsistent use of his sorcery. Because he has displayed abilities once or twice in certain situations, but then have him not use them in a bunch of others where they'd be really useful (like rendering himself invisible, the weird mental projection he did to control Selvig, the TK burst in his cell in TDW etc.). There tends to be a lot of PIS whenever Loki is involved, which is probably going to get worse in his solo series.

Also, unrelated to the Loki thing but generally relevant to the thread discussion, Ronan is clearly A LOT stronger than people like Drax, based on their fight. Both the fact that he could casually overpower him with one arm and actually hurt him with his hits shows that Ronan is crazy strong, considering how absurdly durable Drax is to blunt force trauma.

FrothByte
Could easily be explained by Avengers Cap retroactively benefiting from the strength creep.

If I surmise KingD's meaning of the term correctly, then the concept itself is on a meta level, determined by the writer, not a natural in-movie explanation. If Endgame Cap is shown to be stronger than Avengers Cap, then that would make no sense to viewers (unless explained by more experience).

A retroactive strength creep doesn't make sense in an in-universe logic. It makes sense to us being the 4th wall and knowing that these are only movies, but it doesn't make sense as far as the characters themselves.

The simple explanation is that Cap has always had the exact same strength (which is what the ss serum should have done) but simply got better feats as the movies progressed. He doesn't have a moment like Captain Marvel or Thor where they clearly got a power boost.

FrothByte

FrothByte
What is the implication behind this statement? Can Loki put up a H2H fight against Hulk?

Yes, he can. He won't win, but he'll put up a better fight than what happened in their brief encounter. If he's allowed to use his powers, it can end up being a very frustrating fight for Hulk though I still think Hulk will win decisively in the end.

Psychotron
Well he was still strong enough to grab Thor by the nape of his neck and smash his face against the railing of Stark building. So while Thor is clearly stronger than Loki, it doesn't seem like Loki is too far behind.

Also, Cap couldn't budge Loki at all despite landing heavy shots. In comparison, Cap was still able to move Spidey with his hits, so I think it's clear that Loki is higher than Spidey.

I guess it's possible Loki would be a 6 instead of a 7, but if I rated Spidey a 5 then I wouldn't rate Loki less than a 6 considering how they both performed against Cap. 7 still seems more reasonable.

When you put it that way, okay. It still feels wrong to have Loki only 2 points behind the Hulk, though.

Kovert Potato
^ Like I said, the scale not wide enough.

People most likely starting with 10 and picking whoever they think is at top, and then it becomes more of a ranking than a proper scale.

For example if Hulk=1000, Captain America should be 1 (or whatever low number you think is appropriate), but you can't do that on 1-10 whole number scale).

h1a8
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You've got Ronan and Drax at nearly the same when Ronan absolutely wrecked Drax with almost zero effort in GotG.

qzOgibIuy5o

You absolutely right. Somehow I missed that scene. Ronan is a solid 6 or maybe 7 and Drax is a 4 or 5.

Thanks for the correction.

h1a8
With Loki there is some contradiction. In one scene he is matching Thor in a contest of strength yet in another scene Thor is matching Hulk in a similar contest and yet in another scene Loki gets rag dolled like he is significantly weaker than Hulk.

In fiction this occurs a lot. Imo Loki matching Thor is more a lie than Loki getting rag dolled by Hulk. Therefore Loki should be about 2 points below Thor.

Surtur
If Loki truly had strength near Thor's how come we never see him display it besides while fighting a holding back Thor?

Thor has a variety of strength feats to show Loki isn't anywhere near his level. And it's not like the only thing Loki did over the course of all the movies he was in was fight Thor. *If* he only showed up, did that, and was never seen again it might be one thing, but none of his other feats support that level of strength.

The likeliest explanation for that is because he isn't near Thor's level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Hulk is a 10, Thor is a 9. Loki would be an 7, and Captain America/Spider-Man are like 3.

Steve's shield casually bounces off Loki and he couldn't even budge him.

KingD19
Putting Spidey at 3 and comparing him to Cap ignores the constant gains to strength and durability we've seen from him. He easily caught a punch from Cull Obsidian, accidentally yanked down a multi-ton construction crane, held up the bell tower, etc... He'd do better in a h2h fight against Thor than Loki at this point. Cap took advantage of his inexperience but if he tried to fight Spidey now he'd get obliterated.

Also as I've pointed out not only did Thor hold back severely when fighting his brother, Loki is a runt Frost Giant who specializes in magic. So he should be physically weaker than your run of the mill Jotun and we only ever see him be "strong" against people much weaker than him. He doesn't even have that many strength feats across all the movies.

Psychotron
Anyone putting Captain America on Spider-man's strength level is crazy. A 15-year-old Peter casually caught a punch from Winter Soldier and joked about it, while Steve got overpowered and tossed down an elevator shaft by that same punch earlier in the movie.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If Hulk is a 10, Thor is a 9. Loki would be an 7, and Captain America/Spider-Man are like 3.

Steve's shield casually bounces off Loki and he couldn't even budge him. Hulk is not a 10. Thanos and Kurse are stronger, especially Kurse.

Hulk is an 8. Thor is a 7 and Loki is a 6. Spidey is a 5 and Cap is a 3.

FrothByte
When you put it that way, okay. It still feels wrong to have Loki only 2 points behind the Hulk, though.

The way I tried to do it is that anyone that completely gets dominated in a fight via physical display gets at least a 2 point difference. So that's why I put a 2 point difference between between Kurse and Thor, and between Ronan and Drax, and Spidey and BP (considering what he did to Bucky).

Since Loki was never completely dominated by Thor the same way those other examples showed, I wasn't comfortable giving them a 2 point difference.

My idea was that you could still give someone a fight if they were only 1 point above you even though you'd still lose. But pick a fight with someone 2 points above you or more and you'd get trashed around like a kid.

If the scale were bigger I guess I could give it more granularity. Maybe I should make Cap a 1 so I can fully use the scaling system.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
If Loki truly had strength near Thor's how come we never see him display it besides while fighting a holding back Thor?

Thor has a variety of strength feats to show Loki isn't anywhere near his level. And it's not like the only thing Loki did over the course of all the movies he was in was fight Thor. *If* he only showed up, did that, and was never seen again it might be one thing, but none of his other feats support that level of strength.

The likeliest explanation for that is because he isn't near Thor's level.

If you're looking for specific strength feats like lifting feats and such, majority of MCU characters don't have those. BP, Ronan and Drax all have very limited strength feats but why single out Loki?

Loki has even better feats that Ronan but noone complained about me putting Ronan at the same level as Loki.

HumbleServant
Scale not wide enough IMO.

E.g. if Captain America is 3, Spidey should be higher than 5 I think.

Also, is Black Panther explained to have super strength? I've never seen the solo movie. Ok. If the scale was 1-1000 with 1 being the lowest what would be your answer?

NotAllThatEvil
When did Loki beat cap?

Nibedicus
1. Thanos - 10
2. Hulk - 9
3. Kurse - 9
4. Thor - 8
5. Vision - 8
6. Drax - 5
7. Spiderman - 5
8. Black Panther - 3
9. Captain America - 3
10. Iron Man - 6
11. Groot - 5
12. Ronan - 7
13. Loki - 6

FrothByte
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
When did Loki beat cap?

Avengers.

TheVaultDweller
I personally find it hard to accurately rate Drax's strength, because while he does have a few strength feats of his own (like tearing that drone in half, ragdolling some fodder, his fight with Korath), none of it really stands out that much compared to most MCU characters who also have super strength. Honestly, his most impressive strength feat IMO is from this scene in GotG 1, where he was able to pin Gamora down with one arm, and pretty casually too from the looks of it:

awqrE33pIxc

Because, as we know, Gamora herself is pretty strong:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-07-2017/MaJmcN.gif

But that still doesn't give us a good indication of upper limit. The best we can say is he's weaker than Ronan. But considering we don't know what Ronan's actual upper strength limit is either, that still doesn't tell us all that much.

NotAllThatEvil
Avengers.
I wouldn't really call that a loss. Tony cut it short, and while like did send cap flying a few times, he was still reacting and grunting to being punched and kicked in the face

h1a8
I wouldn't really call that a loss. Tony cut it short, and while like did send cap flying a few times, he was still reacting and grunting to being punched and kicked in the face I would. Cap was clearly outmatched and would have met his end if Tony didn't interfere.
Cap had no way of really harming Loki.

Kovert Potato
Ok. If the scale was 1-1000 with 1 being the lowest what would be your answer?

- Based on feats
- Not using A>B>C logic

Hulk - 1000 (max in this mini list)
Spider-man - 20
Captain America - 3
Iron Man - 10
Trained/Strong Human - 0.1

Rest not enough info.

HumbleServant
Originally posted by Nibedicus
1. Thanos - 10
2. Hulk - 9
3. Kurse - 9
4. Thor - 8
5. Vision - 8
6. Drax - 5
7. Spiderman - 5
8. Black Panther - 3
9. Captain America - 3
10. Iron Man - 6
11. Groot - 5
12. Ronan - 7
13. Loki - 6 I like this list

ShadowFyre
How is Thor so low when he has better strength feats than Hulk by a mile?

Kovert Potato
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Which feats?

h1a8
I like this list

There is a big problem with that list.

First Kurse is stronger than Thanos (not less than or equal).
Second, Vision is about as strong as IM (not as strong as Thor without feats to back it up)

Those are the only 2 problems. Everything else appears ok.

ShadowFyre
Which feats?

Moving the rings, holding on to the iris while being hit with the force of a star. Slinging the ship around.

Hulk.....punched a leviathan and got beat up by....well, everyone he fought🤣🤣🤣

Nibedicus
I compare Hulk/Thanos/Kurse with how Thor reacted to hits to his face from them. How injured/dazed he was and how many punches it took to get him there.

Essentially, the Sakaar, Endgame and Dark World fight between each one and Thor.

Of the 3, Thanos managed to bloody and daze Thor with the fewest hits (3) and did appears to be the most injury followed by Kurse with (4) with some cuts to the face. With Hulk way behind with a multitude of hits w/c dazed Thor but in the end Thor mostly shrugged it all off with no visible injury that I can see.

Removed all the non-face hits/kicks to body. This is mostly reaction to face hits (or what appears to be close to it like the boulder hit).

The 3 are peers (tho Hulk would be noticeably the lowest) but the order I would put them would be Thanos > Kurse > Hulk.

OP says Thanos has to be the flat 10 score. So I followed that. If I was allowed to gauge them with decimal differences, I would put it at:

Thanos: 10. Kurse 9.75. Hulk. 9.

Nibedicus
These are the clips I watched in case ppl are curious where I got the counts from:

Thanos vs Thor/Cap/IM: https://youtu.be/OO0l9Yuhc0o

Thor vs Kurse: https://youtu.be/ZJneSSYTZFo

Thor vs Hulk: https://youtu.be/FYYZGQZKXUg

-Counted from Thanos going 1 on 1 with Thor til Thor summoned Stormbreaker.
-Counted from Kurse and Thor engaging until after the boulder throw.
-Counted the entire Sakaar fight.

I am aware Kurse was ground and pounding Thor after the boulder hit (with no further damage showing to Thor). But in the interest of making this as apples to apples as possible I stopped counting as soon as the injuries showed. Also, there were 6 hits from Kurse vs Thor but I excluded 2 because there is a chance that they were body hits and not face hits (can’t tell for sure and couldn’t be bothered to view them multiple times in slo mo so I took them out to be fair).

Edit. Can’t be bothered to time stamp. Just watch them clips. stick out tongue

Surtur
When Thor fought Hulk in Ragnarok Hulk seemed to have a physical advantage. Thor needed to go into his lightning god mode.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I compare Hulk/Thanos/Kurse with how Thor reacted to hits to his face from them. How injured/dazed he was and how many punches it took to get him there.

Essentially, the Sakaar, Endgame and Dark World fight between each one and Thor.

Of the 3, Thanos managed to bloody and daze Thor with the fewest hits (3) and did appears to be the most injury followed by Kurse with (4) with some cuts to the face. With Hulk way behind with a multitude of hits w/c dazed Thor but in the end Thor mostly shrugged it all off with no visible injury that I can see.

Removed all the non-face hits/kicks to body. This is mostly reaction to face hits (or what appears to be close to it like the boulder hit).

The 3 are peers (tho Hulk would be noticeably the lowest) but the order I would put them would be Thanos > Kurse > Hulk.

OP says Thanos has to be the flat 10 score. So I followed that. If I was allowed to gauge them with decimal differences, I would put it at:

Thanos: 10. Kurse 9.75. Hulk. 9.

To be fair, that was an old, out of shape Thor that Thanos beat up. And Thor at that point was so out of it that he didn't even bother covering up which he at least attempted with Kurse.

Thanos also hit Thor while Thor’s head was against a rock and couldn't move away whereas Kurse was hitting Thor while Thor was free standing. This is why put Thanos and Kurse at the same level.

FrothByte
I wouldn't really call that a loss. Tony cut it short, and while like did send cap flying a few times, he was still reacting and grunting to being punched and kicked in the face

If Cap's strongest hits could do nothing but make Loki grunt whereas Loki was sending Cap flying with every exchange, I think that's pretty clear that Cap was losing that fight in decisive fashion.

h1a8
I look at other stuff like
Thanos slightly overpowering Thor in a contest of strength with stormbreaker (Thanos didn't seem wayyyy stronger). We cant be sure if Thanos was holding back because his face had some strain.

Thanos struggling a little with Cap (gauntlet scene).

Kurse knocking Mjolnir away like it was nothing (I don't see Thanos replicating that with the same power or more).

Kurse is just a little stronger than Thanos.

Imo the Kurse scene makes me believe that Kurse is significantly stronger than Thanos the way he knocked Thor away and how he easily stopped Thor's hand from advancing (like Thor was a child

Nibedicus
To be fair, that was an old, out of shape Thor that Thanos beat up. And Thor at that point was so out of it that he didn't even bother covering up which he at least attempted with Kurse.

Thanos also hit Thor while Thor’s head was against a rock and couldn't move away whereas Kurse was hitting Thor while Thor was free standing. This is why put Thanos and Kurse at the same level.

Out of shape, sure. But this happened a few years after Infinity War. To someone as long lived as Thor the time passed would have been meaningless. stick out tongue

It's not a perfect metric, no. But it's as apples to apples as we can get.

Kurse actually had Thor (like I mentioned) in a ground and pound with his head directly pressed against the ground. No additional visible damage was done (altho Thor was more or less helpless at this point) and the cuts could be from Kurse's arm spikes when he backhanded Thor. And Thanos was hitting Thor with simple straights and jabs while Kurse was using full power punches. Lots of things can be argued that can skew the results.

However, like I said, comparatively. Thanos was doing more damage to Thor than either Hulk or Kurse with fewer strikes.

We can argue back and forth on subjective assesments on how each fight went and what counts more but in the end, this is the closest metric I can find so I'm going by it. stick out tongue

I'm not going to argue about who is stronger between Kurse/Thanos however since it is actually not clear cut. There is enough evidence to support either case. I'm just going by this because I am a big stickler for apples to apples.

h1a8
You know that durability in fiction is variable (as well as strength).
Kurse hit Thor far harder because how far back Thor flew.
Thanos never hit Thor that far away, and with such ease.

Thanos also stomped Thor in his face with his foot (more powerful than a punch).

Thor almost Stalemating Thanos twice in a contest of strength.

Thanos struggling with Cap in a contest of strength.

Science aside, Kurse just appears to be significantly stronger than Thanos from those two scenes

Silent Master

Thanos struggling with Cap in a contest of strength.

laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing out loud

Psychotron
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Their fight in Ragnarok proved Hulk is physically stronger. Thor is able to give him a fight, but ultimately Hulk wins unless Thor uses his other powers.

TheVaultDweller
Well, this is the most recent example of a contest in strength between Hulk and Thor that I can recall:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FloweryIllfatedCottontail-mobile.mp4

Of course, this was before Thor had his awakening at the end of the film, which should also be taken into account. It really depends on if/how much people think his physical strength increased at that point. Personally, I have no idea.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, this is the most recent example of a contest in strength between Hulk and Thor that I can recall:

Of course, this was before Thor had his awakening at the end of the film, which should also be taken into account. It really depends on if/how much people think his physical strength increased at that point. Personally, I have no idea.

One of the few times when MCU Hulk actually showed that he got stronger the madder he got. I always found it frustrating how the the MCU didn't portray this better.

TheVaultDweller
One of the few times when MCU Hulk actually showed that he got stronger the madder he got. I always found it frustrating how the the MCU didn't portray this better.

It's like the Spider-Sense thing. For some reason they think less is more. Because there have been a handful of instances where Hulk has seemingly gotten stronger when madder, but they're few and far between. Because the only instances I can recall is the Ragnarok fight, the fight with Abomination, and he also seemed to get stronger and tankier during his fight with Veronica in AoU as the match went on and he got more pissed (especially after Tony knocked one of his teeth out), which pushed Tony to take drastic measures with the skyscraper drop. But overall, they've done a rather shitty job at showcasing this part of his power set.

Psychotron
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Is there any indication his physical strength was increased after he unlocked lightning god mode?

TheVaultDweller
Is there any indication his physical strength was increased after he unlocked lightning god mode?

Well, even though he was still at a disadvantage, he did seem to have an easier time of it against Hela than he had before that. But that in and of itself is not particularly clear cut. Might simply be the case that Odin's speech gave him the extra motivation to push himself harder. And this is why I said that I personally have no idea whether it made a notable difference or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.