Worst MCU movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
Captain America 1, Thor 1 and Avengers 2 were all pretty boring movies compare to the others. Especially Avengers 2 is a big letdown. Spider 2 was also meh other than good performance by Jake Gyllenhaal.

My vote goes to Captain Marvel. Later half was utterly boring when truth was revealed, bad characterization on both sides and very weak villain.

BrolyBlack
Thor Dark Word

Kazenji
Mainly Thor 2 & Spider-Man: Homecoming are mainly the ones i've found a bit meh.

tkitna
Probably Captain Marvel

On a side note - I know i'll be in the minority, but I didnt love Black Panther. It doesnt rate with Captain Marvel or Thor 2, but its up there for me.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by tkitna
Probably Captain Marvel

On a side note - I know i'll be in the minority, but I didnt love Black Panther. It doesnt rate with Captain Marvel or Thor 2, but its up there for me.

I think it's fine as well, while not amazing.

playa1258
Thor 2 for me.

-Pr-
Thor 2, though with one caveat: I think all the Asgard stuff is excellent. The stuff on Earth is largely terrible.

I think an argument for Iron Man 3 can be made too.

I'm also not a fan of Ragnarok, personally, though that suffers more from being the wrong kind of movie rather than actually being a bad one.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-

I think an argument for Iron Man 3 can be made too.

My first pick, yes.

And it was reasonable to have high expectations, as Iron Man started it all...

The sequel was average and Black's IM 3 was just terrible.

Kazenji

I'm also not a fan of Ragnarok, personally, though that suffers more from being the wrong kind of movie rather than actually being a bad one.

Yeah like having some of the funny moments in the wrong spots.

Arachnid1
Thor 2 and Iron Man 2/3 for sure. The Ant Man movies are also pretty @ss. Same with Captain Marvel. I also agree with Thor Ragnarok (waste of some pretty big comic stories). It felt like every Marvel movie after than went overboard on the comedy.

The Spiderman movies are some of the best IMO. Especially Homecoming which was >>>> FFH.

ares834
Never saw Captain Marvel so I can't anything say about that.

So aside from potentially that, Thor 2 is the worst. Ant-Man and the Wasp, GotG 2, Avengers 2, and IM2 were all pretty terrible as well. Weird how all of Marvel's worst films are the second for the character.

steverules_2
Originally posted by ares834
Never saw Captain Marvel so I can't anything say about that.

So aside from potentially that, Thor 2 is the worst. Ant-Man and the Wasp, GotG 2, Avengers 2, and IM2 were all pretty terrible as well. Weird how all of Marvel's worst films are the second for the character.

Not all, Winter Soldier was one of the best MCU films

Old Man Whirly!
Iron Man 3.

Impediment
Thor 3 and Iron Man 3.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Impediment
Thor 3 and Iron Man 3.

You prefer dark world to ragnarok?

BruceSkywalker
thor the dark world.. iron man 3.... ant man movies are okay

NotAllThatEvil
I don't know why, but the subtitles didn't work when I saw thor 2. Couldn't understand a word the dark elves said. I thought it was very avant garde...

Anyway, endgame sucked

StiltmanFTW
Endgame felt like a letdown, especially after the awesomeness of Infinity War.

But... it's not anywhere near the worst MCU films.

Surtur
I like Thor 2 but yeah it is the weakest. That and Captain Marvel

Robtard
For me Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 are on the lowest tier of the MCU.

But I don't hate either movie.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Endgame felt like a letdown, especially after the awesomeness of Infinity War.

But... it's not anywhere near the worst MCU films.

It was the only one I walked away with and knew I didn't like it while still in the theater

Kazenji
I liked Endgame, Had zero issues with it unlike others on this board.

Khazra Reborn
Iron Man 3 was awful, and I found Black Panther to be aggressively over rated. Same with Ant Man 2.

Impediment
Endgame was weak sauce compared to Infinity War, but it wasn't dog shit.

I just feel like the whole time traveling aspect and how Strange didn't use the Time Stone were cheap CIS and PIS.

Robtard
Strange should have gone back in time and strangled Thanos as an infant.

wakkawakkawakka
Both Iron Man sequels were pretty bad. Didn't see GotG 2 or Captain Marvel so no opinion if those movies.

Still feel like the worst movies of the MCU are Thor 2 and Ant-Man and the Wasp. The former being really dull and the other being almost completely unnecessary filler.

Superdad76
thor 2 was so bad my son loved thor 3 much mpore

riv6672
CAPTAIN MARVEL by a mile.

TheVaultDweller
I didn't think Captain Marvel was as bad as a lot of people seem to. Was just kind of bland to me (which can be said about a couple other MCU films as well). And there's a good reason for that. It literally had like 5 different writers, which means you will likely end up with the most common shared ideas between them being included, which can be very limiting on the end result. You also don't really get much of an idea of who Carol is as a person throughout the film. I criticise the Russo bros a lot for their power level inconsistencies, but the character aspect is something they're generally pretty good at. Like in CA:TWS, when Cap meets Falcon for the first time and he pulls out his little notebook to write down some of Sam's suggestions. Just small sequences like that reveal a lot about Steve's personality and how he processes things, which was something I found lacking in Captain Marvel. I actually thought all the actors in Captain Marvel (yes, including Brie Larson, for those who like ragging on her) did pretty well with what I thought was a rather mediocre script.

Worst for me is probably Thor 2 as well. Just a totally forgettable film overall, though this bit was pretty good IMO:

KMU8EPM0xMQ

Iron Man 3 works if you don't watch it as a superhero film but as a Shane Black buddy comedy.

Patient_Leech
Captain Marvel, by far the worst.

I don't care for the Marvel Spiderman films either.

basilisk
Infinity War was quite a lot better than Endgame IMO, but Endgame was still entertaining I guess. All that snap and reverse snap with 5 year gap really made a mess of the MCU though. Didn't take them long to screw it all up.

IM2 and IM3 I didn't think much of especially after watching the first one.

CA1 is not that great.

Thor 2, though with one caveat: I think all the Asgard stuff is excellent. The stuff on Earth is largely terrible.

I can agree with all of this.

Captain Marvel and Homecoming both pretty meh. Can't imagine ever sitting through CM again. Homecoming had its moments but for me it didn't feel like a Spiderman film should.

GOTG2 was ok but just average. I liked the first one better.

Black Panther likewise underwhelming after all the ridiculous hype. Had good moments and I like the character but there was too much CGI at the end and I just didn't care what was even happening at that point.

It's hard to pick a single worst one TBH I think the least of them are more just bland and dull rather than outright terrible movies, and even then they sometimes have some good moments.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.