Conservative-talk radio host Rush Limbaugh dies at 70....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eThneoLgrRnae
... from his long battle with lung cancer.

http://Rush Limbaugh, Talk Radio Legend, Dies at 70 of Lung Cancer

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1010398/16

I'm sure leftists everywhere are celebrating... smh.

Robtard
Not happy he's dead, but can't say I care either. He was a pretty horrible person.

Did not know he was worth over 500million.

Klaw
Very sad day for America.

I didn't agree with everything he said.

But he made a huge impact.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rush Limbaugh was a complete and utter POS. He was unsympathetic about other people's suffering. I have no sympathy for his. He died form lung cancer while defending the tobacco industry. Karma is amazing.

I dc what side you're on politically. People like Rush are drains on society.

Trocity
Yeah its always weird when people like this pass away. I don't really know much about the guy but from what I've read about him, he seemed like a nasty person, so I'm not too beaten up about it.

Same with the George Floyd thing. I have no respect for people who do home invasions and threaten pregnant women, but you want me to be sad about him dying? Lol.

Karma is indeed a *****.

eThneoLgrRnae
RoO: Nah, you're the complete and utter p-o-s. You are hateful to anyone who doesn't share your left-wing disgusting political views. Go f*** yourself.

Limbaugh was a conservative icon and a true American hero, unlike baby killer Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She truly was a complete and utter p-o-s but she is paying right now in Hell for the horrible policies she helped put in place. When she died America was truly better off. Today though, is truly sad day for America and to those who love it.

Yes, I know you don't fall into that category because you actually hate Anerica because you're so damn jealous it is better than your loser, shithole country. thumb up

tru-marvell
I listened to Rush daily back during Bush senior presidency and found him entertaining but once Clinton took office, Rush hypocrisy turned me off. After his unneeded and false statement on MNF, I was totally done with him...but nonetheless R.I.P. RL

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Klaw
Very sad day for America.

I didn't agree with everything he said.

But he made a huge impact.

thumb up

Bashar Teg
kPIdRJlzERo

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
kPIdRJlzERo

Excuse me, but that was reserved for Thatcher and only Thatcher.

samhain
I can't help but thing of that Bill Hicks bit about Rush Limbaugh getting p'd on. RIP though, have to be one hell of a guy for Bill Hicks to do some of his 'dark poetry' on you.

Patient_Leech
https://i.imgur.com/0hQyd5L.gif

Klaw
Funny how certain posters blasted the rest of us for bringing up George Floyds' past, now they have no problem doing it with Limbaugh.

NewGuy01
Limbaugh wasn't murdered.

eThneoLgrRnae
True.... he also didn't have a criminal record either, unlike Floyd. I usually find it in bad taste to talk bad about anyone who has recently died even if they do have drastically different political views than I do, but I'm f***ing sick of leftists doing it every single time a well-known conservative dies so.... f*** it, Floyd was no angel.... neither was Michael Brown.

In fact, Brown was a known piece of shit whose ass deserved to die. Whoops.... did that offend any snowflakes? Waah, waah, waah, cry me a river crybaby MF'ers.

And that old hag RBG dying was one of the greatest things that has happened for this country in a while. thumb up

Klaw
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
True.... he also didn't have a criminal fecord either, unlike Floyd.

thumb up

Raptor22
thumb up To avoid having a criminal record it helps to be famous and have enough money to pay the city to cover the cost of the drug investigation against u as part of a plea deal to have your record wiped clean.

"Rush Limbaugh was arrested Friday on a doctor-shopping charge in the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office's long-running investigation into his drug use, and agreed to supervision for 18 months while he continues his rehabilitation. He spent less than an hour in custody and was fingerprinted before being released on $3,000 bail. Some sheriff's deputies greeted him and shook his hand."

"Limbaugh, 55, a Palm Beach resident, his lawyers and prosecutors reached an agreement on the single felony charge, and the conservative radio talk show host surrendered at the Palm Beach County Jail late Friday afternoon."

"The agreement requires Limbaugh to continue seeing the therapist who has been treating him since he admitted to an addiction to painkillers in October 2003 and entered a month-long treatment program. It also requires him to undergo drug testing and pay $30,000 toward the cost of the investigation, according to prosecutors. Limbaugh is expected to sign the agreement Monday and broadcast his afternoon radio show that day from Palm Beach.

If Limbaugh successfully completes the terms of his 18 months of supervision, the felony charge will be dismissed and Limbaugh's record will be clean."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2006-04-29-0604290126-story,amp.html

Blakemore
Originally posted by Robtard
Not happy he's dead, but can't say I care either. He was a pretty horrible person.

Did not know he was worth over 500million. why was he attacking mjf?

Peaceful
RoO: Nah, you're the complete and utter p-o-s. You are hateful to anyone who doesn't share your left-wing disgusting political views. Go f*** yourself.

Limbaugh was a conservative icon and a true American hero, unlike baby killer Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She truly was a complete and utter p-o-s but she is paying right now in Hell for the horrible policies she helped put in place. When she died America was truly better off. Today though, is truly sad day for America and to those who love it.

Yes, I know you don't fall into that category because you actually hate Anerica because you're so damn jealous it is better than your loser, shithole country. thumb up Why are you taking comments about a celebrity personally and calling members pieces of shit? You are a holdover from the last 4 years of insanity, a blowhard, whack job Trumper, trolling because he still hasn't stopped crying over the will of the nation.

Never Trumper, Never again.

Darth Thor
thumb up

So anyone with a criminal record deserves to die now?

You Americans are hilarious.

Originally posted by Peaceful
Why are you taking comments about a celebrity personally and calling members pieces of shit? You are a holdover from the last 4 years of insanity, a blowhard, whack job Trumper, trolling because he still hasn't stopped crying over the will of the nation.

Never Trumper, Never again.

Hes only posted this thread to have a go at supposed leftists. Thats clear in the OP.

Hilarious right wing Americans.

Newjak
Don't know why some people decided to bring up George Floyd. The only thing I can think of is conservatives are trying to make false equivalencies and ignore context to make themselves feel better by pretending the 'leftists' are just as bad as they are.

Truth is Rush Limbaugh is one of those people I think the world is better off without. He had a sustained platform which he used continuously to hold back progress for his own personal gain.

He embodied all the worst aspects of American conservatism and, while I feel for any loved ones who are dealing with his passing, I for one don't care that he has died.

I hope history is fair to him in that I hope it rips his legacy apart like is deserved.

truejedi

Yes, I know you don't fall into that category because you actually hate Anerica because you're so damn jealous it is better than your loser, shithole country. thumb up

You are a straight up crazy person.

cdtm
Originally posted by truejedi
You are a straight up crazy person.

Was Rush really that bad?

Never watched him, so genuinely asking.

Quincy
Eth you can't just decry people for celebrating the death of Rush Limbaugh while in the same breath saying that RBG deserved to die.

Bashar Teg
...then you clearly don't know ethneo

truejedi
Originally posted by cdtm
Was Rush really that bad?

Never watched him, so genuinely asking.

Check out what the Rush Limbaugh Aids Update was.

Quincy
Check out what the Rush Limbaugh Aids Update was.

To be fair, this was a segment that lasted about two weeks and Rush had gone on record to say it was incredibly mean-spirited and the most regretful thing had done on his show.

I think the quote was that he felt bad for making fun of people who were "really dying horribly"

I've no idea how he didn't realize this was in bad taste before he opted to do it, so what a ****ing dumbass.

Robtard
Originally posted by Blakemore
why was he attacking mjf?

Because Rush Limbaugh was a horrible person who loved to attack people and be vile because that's what turned his followers on. The more he attacked and the lower he sank, the richer his followers made him.

This guy kinda summed it up:

"Rush Limbaugh mocked Eric Garner's death, Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease, Ruth Bader Ginsburg's cancer diagnosis, Kurt Cobain, people who died of AIDS, feminists, Civil Rights activists, and Native Americans. That's his legacy. -James P Morrison viaTwitter

Robtard
Originally posted by Newjak
Don't know why some people decided to bring up George Floyd. The only thing I can think of is conservatives are trying to make false equivalencies and ignore context to make themselves feel better by pretending the 'leftists' are just as bad as they are.

Truth is Rush Limbaugh is one of those people I think the world is better off without. He had a sustained platform which he used continuously to hold back progress for his own personal gain.

He embodied all the worst aspects of American conservatism and, while I feel for any loved ones who are dealing with his passing, I for one don't care that he has died.

I hope history is fair to him in that I hope it rips his legacy apart like is deserved.

And this ^

Impediment

Robtard

Impediment
FYI, everyone is allowed their own civil opinion about whatever, but unprovoked bashing will get you a temp ban.

Keep it calm, people.

Trocity
Originally posted by Newjak

Nah, I'm not conservative, and I was the first one to bring up George Floyd, for exactly the reason you mentioned, the world is a better place without him. If you can tap dance and laugh at and mock some radio guy for dying, I don't think its a big deal to throw out that the world is also a better place without a guy who threatened pregnant women and carried out home invasions. Difference is, one guy is laughed at and shat on and mocked and the other is praised and has murals painted of him. Its weird. They're both pieces of shit.

Newjak
Originally posted by Trocity
Nah, I'm not conservative, and I was the first one to bring up George Floyd, for exactly the reason you mentioned, the world is a better place without him. If you can tap dance and laugh at and mock some radio guy for dying, I don't think its a big deal to throw out that the world is also a better place without a guy who threatened pregnant women and carried out home invasions. Difference is, one guy is laughed at and shat on and mocked and the other is praised and has murals painted of him. Its weird. They're both pieces of shit. Like I said context matters if you're trying to compare the two.

truejedi
The difference in HOW they died is what you are missing there. It wasn't who George floyd was, it's how he died, THAT was the entire point of the protests, and if somehow you missed that after all we went through last year.... Ayyiyi.

Robtard
This is correct, even a criminal like Floyd has rights and it's not up to our police to decide who lives and who dies. The protest where about police brutality.

Trocity
The difference in HOW they died is what you are missing there. It wasn't who George floyd was, it's how he died, THAT was the entire point of the protests, and if somehow you missed that after all we went through last year.... Ayyiyi.

Maybe I didn't make my point clear enough, thats my bad. I'm not against protesting police brutality, all I'm saying is I will never mourn or spin a man who threatened pregnant women into some symbol of justice. All I'm saying is the guy was a shit human being and I'm not sad he's gone. That's it.

Here's something interesting: if Rush Limbaugh was shot and killed on his way home from the grocery store, do you think social media would have reacted differently? Or would people still be saying "eh, he was a piece of shit, I'm not sad that he's gone"? People would have absolutely said "karmas a *****" "he got what was coming to him."

They were both shit people, they're both dead, and I'm not sad about either. That's all.

Robtard
You're still missing the context of how he died/police brutality.

But it Rush Limbaugh had his neck crushed by cops while handcuffed when they could have easily thrown him in back of a squad car, yeah, there would have been massive outrage.

truejedi
I'll agree with saying I don't really care about George Floyd personally, I didn't know him. He was murdered though- that's way different than died of cancer. I mean, I hate that he was murdered, and I hate cancer. Murder that is legal should be protested against, but cancer doesn't really do much good to protest.

Blakemore
Originally posted by samhain
I can't help but thing of that Bill Hicks bit about Rush Limbaugh getting p'd on. RIP though, have to be one hell of a guy for Bill Hicks to do some of his 'dark poetry' on you. Ucj09t9ieeI

Newjak
You're also neglecting the impact of the two people. Rush Limbaugh was a national figure that used his platform to cause wide spread harm. The only reason you know anything about George Floyd was because he was murdered by police and people decided to dig up his background to use against him and those people talking about police brutality. Which has become a standard tactic.

Newjak
In fact there is no reason for you have brought up George Floyd in this conversation other than to try and create a false equivalency between the two

Klaw
Bringing up Floyds' past is not okay, but bringing up Limbaughs' past is okay.

No double standards here.

Robtard
Context matters. The reason you brought up Floyd's past was to try and distract away that he was murdered by police. As is common practice when a Black man is murdered by police, the nigh instant "but he was no angel!" deflection. Floyd was no angel, correct, doesn't mean the cops had a right to treat him like they did.

Newjak

No double standards here. Context matters 😂

Bashar Teg
lol@ not-eon's "normal guy" mask slipping off again

Klaw
Did you miss me Bash?

Robtard
https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2021/02/limbaugh-quote.jpg

ArtificialGlory
Both Floyd and Limbaugh wasted their lives on spite and avarice; the world is a better place without them. However, one was murdered(by people who are supposed to serve and protect, no less) and the other succumbed to nature and his own crappy lifestyle.

NemeBro
Also one was a petty thug, the other actively used their platform to spread their hate mongering and actively strove to make the world a worse place.

A quick read of his wikipedia tells me that Floyd hadn't had any serious legal troubles since 2007 and that he had served time in prison, took part in religious activity after he served, and successfully took part in a ninety day rehabilitation program. Other than a minor incident where no charges were filed he largely appears to have focused on either mentoring kids in his community, trying to improve his own financial situation, and struggled with his own drug addiction before he died. I don't have a computer atm and am posting on my phone, but does anyone have evidence this narrative isn't accurate?

Darth Thor

Limbaughs Past? No ones discussing Limbaughs past. More like his life, his character and his abhorrent views in general.

You cant just equate that to anyone who ever committed a crime.

Limbaugh also wasnt brutally murdered.

So you are not comparing like for like here at all.

Artol

I would agree with Darth Thor that these are two different things. George Floyd was killed by police officers, that much is not in debate, his past has only minor if any bearing on that. The reason why Floyd is discussed at all is because of one incident in his life, namely his death, which was caught on camera. Now Limbaugh on the other hand has been a public and political figure for decades, he has worked to shape the trajectory of the country and has been deeply successful at it, on the other hand his death has not been anything special, he died like many do, of a disease in old age, his death is only the catalyst to talk about his work. So I see two very fundamental different situations here.

That is not to say that people can't also talk about George Floyd's past, and then others can accuse them of being inappropriate, etc. I don't think that bringing up people's opposition to talking about George Floyd's past has any bearing on whether Limbaugh's life (or his "past"wink should be discussed.

Newjak
Once again the only reason to bring George Floyd into this conversation is to try and make a false equivalency

Darth Thor

samhain
Originally posted by NemeBro
Also one was a petty thug, the other actively used their platform to spread their hate mongering and actively strove to make the world a worse place.

A quick read of his wikipedia tells me that Floyd hadn't had any serious legal troubles since 2007 and that he had served time in prison, took part in religious activity after he served, and successfully took part in a ninety day rehabilitation program. Other than a minor incident where no charges were filed he largely appears to have focused on either mentoring kids in his community, trying to improve his own financial situation, and struggled with his own drug addiction before he died. I don't have a computer atm and am posting on my phone, but does anyone have evidence this narrative isn't accurate?

I mean it's Wikipedia... so, you know, meh. But I take your point, if any part of that is true about George Floyd it should really be brought up a lot more, at least in conversations that involve him and not just when someone is presenting a false equivalency.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro

Dunno.

But I thought it was established it wasn't the police who killed him, but a drug overdose? E.g. if the knee never happened, or the police never took him in, the same outcome would happen.

Artol
Dunno.

But I thought it was established it wasn't the police who killed him, but a drug overdose? E.g. if the knee never happened, or the police never took him in, the same outcome would happen.

No, there have been two autopsies and both have found the death to have been a homicide caused by the police's excessive restraining of him.

Newjak
Dunno.

But I thought it was established it wasn't the police who killed him, but a drug overdose? E.g. if the knee never happened, or the police never took him in, the same outcome would happen. Welcome to the world of conservative misinformation.

Just like the windmills are what caused the Texas power outage.

gold slorg
good riddance to both floyd and limbaugh, always happy when someone i dislike dies, stop playing moral superiors and have a beer

truejedi
Dunno.

About the only people saying that were basically Limbaugh...

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by samhain
I mean it's Wikipedia... so, you know, meh. But I take your point, if any part of that is true about George Floyd it should really be brought up a lot more, at least in conversations that involve him and not just when someone is presenting a false equivalency.

I do not see how it is relevant. The responding officer did not know his history when he killed him. It is something that was dug into after the fact to justify it.

samhain
I think it's relevant. If somebody brings up any problems from his past to justify his death then the stuff that Neme posted about him could be brought up to counter that, provided it's true.

Shouldn't be relevant, of course, but if people insist on defending police brutality in this way then it becomes relevant.

ilikecomics
This is an interesting subject.
When I was a lefty I thought rush Limbaugh was a theocrat and called him crush Limbaugh, now that I'm more right wing I haven't revisited him.

The quotes posted by robtard seem like Limbaugh is trolling.

Either way the idea of conservatism as a whole is pretty dumb because history inexorably marches left, meaning any conservative now will sound like a commie to anyone in the gdp a decade or two ago.

Dude111
Very sad yes.......... Only 70!!

Blakemore
Dadudemon?

bust_a_nut
Good riddance, the world is better off without him.

Blakemore
Family guy said he was Michael Moore in disguise

eThneoLgrRnae
Rush Limbaugh's final warning to America before he died:

https://w3.newsmax.com/General/NMM/Offers/NMM-Socialists-Disc-RL?dkt_nbr=6F1212ap2ggm

Bashar Teg
didn't click your link. what was his final warning? "quit smoking"?

Newjak
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
didn't click your link. what was his final warning? "quit smoking"? Probably something along the lines of they're trying to take our voice away don't stop them bs

Stealth Moose
https://i.imgflip.com/3o2qaf.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.