The Tomorrow War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Looks like a perfectly serviceable action movie:

QPistcpGB8o

KingD19
The concept is pretty cool. We don't have enough soldiers in the future so we conscript them from the past. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that and it's pretty cool.

Robtard
Decent concept, though not fully original and that's fine as few things are. Pratt's a decent actor and Yvonne Strahovski is decent and also lovely to look at. J. K. Simmons is great in most things.

Looking forward to this.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by KingD19
The concept is pretty cool. We don't have enough soldiers in the future so we conscript them from the past. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that and it's pretty cool. Looks good, for some reason expected the Nike logo early on.

Robtard
The concept is pretty cool. We don't have enough soldiers in the future so we conscript them from the past. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that and it's pretty cool.

Millennium (1989) has a somewhat similar concept in that the future ***spoilers ahead*** pollution became so bad people lost the ability to reproduce, so they travel back in time and kidnap/rescue people that were set to die in plane crashes and take them to the future to repopulate the Earth.

KingD19
Was it a good movie? Never heard of it and it might be worth a watch.

Robtard
Was it a good movie? Never heard of it and it might be worth a watch.

It's more of a drama than a scifi, despite the obvious scifi setting. But it's decent. Really slow to build though. It's been 20+ years since I watched it, no idea if it holds up.

jaden_2.0
The Tomorrow Flop

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
It's more of a drama than a scifi, despite the obvious scifi setting. But it's decent. Really slow to build though. It's been 20+ years since I watched it, no idea if it holds up.

I like movies that are cool/interesting. Don't need to be action heavy. I'll see if I can find it.

KingD19
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
The Tomorrow Flop

I think you've hated or shit talked every tv show or film that's come out in the past few years. We get it, you don't like anything and nothing can ever reach the jaden_2.0 seal of approval.

You should go make a masterpiece and prove all these directors, writers, and producers wrong.

jaden_2.0
I think you've hated or shit talked every tv show or film that's come out in the past few years. We get it, you don't like anything and nothing can ever reach the jaden_2.0 seal of approval.

You should go make a masterpiece and prove all these directors, writers, and producers wrong.

1. No I haven't. In fact my post before the one that upset you was me saying how good a film was.

Let's run through some examples of film trailers people on here reacted positively towards compared to me saying they'd be shit

Wonder Woman 84
Mortal Kombat
John Carter
Mortal Engines
Xmen Dark Phoenix
Army of the Dead
IT part 2
Alien Covenant
The Hobbit

How did they turn out in the end?

It works the other too.
Films people said were going to be terrible and I said looked good
Thor Ragnarok
Joker
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
Mad Max Fury Road
The Accountant
Sicario

Trailers I've said will end up being great movies

Dune
The Batman

Trailers I've said will end up garbage
Morbius
Eternals

For the sake of balance and impartiality towards my own brilliance and genius I should say that, against popular belief, I thought the Harley Quinn trailer looked good.
I also thought Those Who Wish Me Dead would be great and it wasn't
I thought Ghost in the Shell looked good...it wasn't
Triple 9
The Great Wall

This works the way too. Films I said didn't look great
Logan

See. Even people are f**king brilliant as me can admit when I'm wrong.

👍

Old Man Whirly!
Looper had elements of this plot and was very good.

Robtard
John Carter wasn't terrible, imo. Nothing special, but good enough for a sequel to see if they could improve. Far worse films than it had sequels.

jaden_2.0
Oh. And TV shows I said looked and were great (or at least were great at some point)
The Witcher
The Mandalorian
Chernobyl
The Boys
Gangs of London
Raised by Wolves
Westworld
Dark
What We Do in the Shadows
Into the Badlands
Warrior
True Detective
Mayans MC
Vinyl

Old Man Whirly!
John Carter wasn't terrible, imo. Nothing special, but good enough for a sequel to see if they could improve. Far worse films than it had sequels. I loved the on Earth mythology of John Carter more than the scenes on Mars. I read the books as a teen, characters like Adam Strange would never of existed without Carter. It's the Dune effect, we'd seen all the films influenced by their stories so they just didn't amaze audiences as much.Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Oh. And TV shows I said looked and were great (or at least were great at some point)
The Witcher
The Mandalorian
Chernobyl
The Boys
Gangs of London
Raised by Wolves
Westworld
Dark
What We Do in the Shadows
Into the Badlands
Warrior
True Detective
Mayans MC
Vinyl best show on TV right now was a recomendation from Rob, Mosquito Coast. Second best is Mare of East Towm. I strongly recommend both Jayden.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I loved the on Earth mythology of John Carter more than the scenes on Mars. I read the books as a teen, characters like Adam Strange would never of existed without Carter. It's the Dune effect, we'd seen all the films influenced by their stories so they just didn't amaze audiences as much.

"we'd seen all the films influenced by their stories so they just didn't amaze audiences as much". Accurate

Also this:

https://miro.medium.com/max/468/1*RvXJ7WnC9sVcIkb9r7BYZA.jpeg

MmmmmMmmmmm... MMMMmmmmmmmmm... mmMMMMMmmm

Old Man Whirly!
"we'd seen all the films influenced by their stories so they just didn't amaze audiences as much". Accurate

Also this:

https://miro.medium.com/max/468/1*RvXJ7WnC9sVcIkb9r7BYZA.jpeg

MmmmmMmmmmm... MMMMmmmmmmmmm... mmMMMMMmmm The Red Princess, delicious.

jaden_2.0
I like Mare of Easttown cast so will probably give it a go once I have a bit more free time.

My brother also recommended Snowfall

I have ZeroZeroZero recorded and still waiting to be watched

Gave up on Better Call Saul because it just wasn't going anywhere.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I like Mare of Easttown cast so will probably give it a go once I have a bit more free time.

My brother also recommended Snowfall

I have ZeroZeroZero recorded and still waiting to be watched

Gave up on Better Call Saul because it just wasn't going anywhere. I gave up on better cal Saul for the same reason. Will watch those two, haven't heard of them. As you say your recommendations are usually spot on, tbh, Rob's too.

Robtard
Mare of Easttown is solid. First ep was slow to build though.

Better Call Saul isn't Breaking Bad and that's not really an insult considering BB is one of the greatest shows ever, but it's still solid television, imo, even if it crawls to get anywhere at times.

Patient_Leech
Finally watched some of the trailer for this. I didn't even finish it and I was sold.

Will probably watch. Certainly if it's free on Amazon Prime.

Patient_Leech
It's just... why does it seem like James Cameron should be directing this? 🤔

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Looks like a perfectly serviceable action movie:

QPistcpGB8o

looks okay.. this isn't something i'd pay to see though

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
looks okay.. this isn't something i'd pay to see though

Not enough dudes in tight, brightly-colored spandex?

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Not enough dudes in tight, brightly-colored spandex?
eek! laughing laughing laughing

Robtard

jaden_2.0
kPPgFa0MfEU

Robtard
It's laughably bad.

Sayitwitmeh
X-ray's ya

htts://vimeo.com/570127748

BruceSkywalker
wkk this be 20 bucks o prome

Robtard

Sayitwitmeh
Y'all still believe in money that doesn't have my face on it!? 😂

riv6672

Nuke Nixon
Good sci-fi action movie, reminiscent of Starship Troopers minus the space element, I wasn't even bothered by the diversity quotas they managed to blend them in organically and not beat us over the head with it, bravo.

Robtard
Originally posted by riv6672
How so?

It had nothing really original in it, which is a minor point actually, as few things in SciFi are truly original anymore.

The bad was the epic plot holes, the almost ridiculous level reveals of the story-line, the script, the god awful generic characters who were mostly all throwaway and the acting.

Pratt seemed to have phoned it in. Simmons who is hands down the best actor in the cast only had a minor role, but again, he was a generic never-there dad type.

riv6672

Robtard
Those points were in regards to the film being "dirty ass". Which is what I thought you were asking about.

The film also has a harmless 'climate change is harmful to humanity' angle, that is what some types will likely freak out over and claim it's "liberal propaganda" or similar.

riv6672
K. stick out tongue

Patient_Leech
I didn't realize this came out already. Will have to watch...

Nuke Nixon
I have no problem with climate change as we're literally seeing the affects of it right now as Canada burns to the ground and Brazil freezes. People will learn what fresh horrors that will be unleashed when the ice caps melt, you poor sad fckers.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I have no problem with climate change as we're literally seeing the affects of it right now as Canada burns to the ground and Brazil freezes. People will learn what fresh horrors that will be unleashed when the ice caps melt, you poor sad fckers.

https://i.ibb.co/N95Bk41/Smart-Select-20210703-115042-You-Tube.jpg

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Good sci-fi action movie, reminiscent of Starship Troopers minus the space element, I wasn't even bothered by the diversity quotas they managed to blend them in organically and not beat us over the head with it, bravo.

I don't specifically remember any Asian side characters. 🤔

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thoroughly entertained. It's bonkers AF because it borrows from a lot of famous science fiction (hell 'Edge of Tomorrow' and 'The Tomorrow War' are basically the same title) but the monsters are cool and it had very nice effects, with some sappy family drama. I don't usually like time travel in movies, but it worked well enough I suppose.

I look forward to the Alien/Prometheus prequel, haha

DeadpoolXXX
i want to like pratt, but the shittiness of his movies is making it hard to do that.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
i want to like pratt, but the shittiness of his movies is making it hard to do that.

He's fine, he's just always going to be Starlord. He's kind of the same character all the time.

The film also has a harmless 'climate change is harmful to humanity' angle, that is what some types will likely freak out over and claim it's "liberal propaganda" or similar.

I didn't feel like that was very heavy-handed, so I doubt it'll bother anyone except the super Right-wing Conservative and anti-science types. Especially since it doesn't come in until pretty late in the movie and by then you're invested and probably won't turn it off, heh. I actually enjoyed the very heavy pro-science angle of the film. Not sure why you shit on the entire film, Rob. I'll grant there is definitely one or two cringy character moments, and of course the plot is preposterous and bonkeers, but for the most part it's a pretty engrossing and action-packed sci-fi romp.

Personally I'd save hyperbole like "pure dirty ass" for shit like Birds of Prey Harley Quinn Pseudo-Feminist Film or Monster Hunter or Cats, etc.. Those were truly painful and irredeemable movies to me.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
^ The least Rob could do is specify what kind of dirty ass it is. Granny dirty ass? Baby dirty ass? Kate Beckinsale dirty ass? I would still eat Kate Beckinsale's ass even if it's dirty as ****.

riv6672
^ The least Rob could do is specify what kind of dirty ass it is. Granny dirty ass? Baby dirty ass? Kate Beckinsale dirty ass? I would still eat Kate Beckinsale's ass even if it's dirty as ****. laughing

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
THIS FILM IS A PIECE OF SHIT

riv6672
^^^AND IT DESERVES A SEQUEL!

Robtard

I didn't feel like that was very heavy-handed, so I doubt it'll bother anyone except the super Right-wing Conservative and anti-science types. Especially since it doesn't come in until pretty late in the movie and by then you're invested and probably won't turn it off, heh.

I actually enjoyed the very heavy pro-science angle of the film. Not sure why you shit on the entire film, Rob. I'll grant there is definitely one or two cringy character moments, and of course the plot is preposterous and bonkeers, but for the most part it's a pretty engrossing and action-packed sci-fi romp.

Personally I'd save hyperbole like "pure dirty ass" for shit like Birds of Prey Harley Quinn Pseudo-Feminist Film or Monster Hunter or Cats, etc.. Those were truly painful and irredeemable movies to me.

The types I'm referring too.

I disagree, found it to be boring and unimaginative with lazy dialed-in acting from the lead. I'm glad you liked it though, your time wasting wasted.

Well, yeah, there are definitely worse movies than this, but shit comes in many sizes, shapes and textures, but it's still shit smile This still wasn't good imo.

^ The least Rob could do is specify what kind of dirty ass it is. Granny dirty ass? Baby dirty ass? Kate Beckinsale dirty ass? I would still eat Kate Beckinsale's ass even if it's dirty as ****.

laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
^^^AND IT DESERVES A SEQUEL!

NOPE IT DOESN'T LOL

riv6672
NOPE IT DOESN'T LOL
OH YES IT DOES HAHA

BruceSkywalker
OH YES IT DOES HAHA

THERE BETTER BE NUDITY LOL

riv6672
THERE BETTER BE NUDITY LOL
YOU READ MY MIND WINK WINK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.