Top General feared Trump would launch nukes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/sep/14/us-politics-voting-rights-senate-democrats-republicans-live-latest-news?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Top US general feared Trump would launch nuclear attack after election loss, new Woodward book claims – live

cdtm
Clearly an unhinged person who needs help.

Klaw
Originally posted by Klaw
https://i.imgur.com/UlNCDZnm.png

Patient_Leech
Fortunately it seems his psychopathy had its limits.

He was hoping for a coup of sorts from his cultish goons, but launching nukes was apparently going too far.

Bashar Teg
lets entertainin the thought that he did attempt a nuclear launch. would cult45 have stopped worshipping him?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
lets entertainin the thought that he did attempt a nuclear launch. would cult45 have stopped worshipping him?

It's hard to say, I can see it going either way. If the cult45 in congress and such still didn't condemn Trump that would probably play a big role. And if there was enough dishonest rhetoric to justify it then they would probably buy it and still keep worshipping him for his heroic nuclear attack.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It's hard to say, I can see it going either way. If the cult45 in congress and such still didn't condemn Trump that would probably play a big role. And if there was enough dishonest rhetoric to justify it then they would probably buy it and still keep worshipping him for his heroic nuclear attack.

Most of them didn't condemn Trump after he riled up his mob and unleashed them on the capitol, putting many of those people directly in danger.

Patient_Leech
I'm just thinking about if there was tons of footage of hundreds of thousands or millions of people killed it might actually change some people's minds. Even Trumpers are human somewhere under all that crazy. Just trying to be somewhat charitable.

I never would have expected someone like Ann Coulter to turn against Trump. That was crazy. Granted, I think she turned against him for exactly the wrong reasons, heh, basically because he wasn't following through and being "Trump" enough, but still it's surprising.

Klaw
Originally posted by cdtm
Clearly an unhinged person who needs help.

I agree OP is unhinged and needs help.

Adam_PoE
Peril also describes the tense encounter in the Oval Office on January 5th when Trump pressured Pence to overturn the results of the election. While the showdown went on inside, the two men could hear MAGA supporters cheering and chanting outside near Pennsylvania Avenue.

"If these people say you had the power, wouldn't you want to," Trump asked.

"I wouldn't want any one person to have that authority," Pence said.

"But wouldn't it be almost cool to have that power?" Trump asked, according to Woodward and Costa.

"No," Pence said. He went on, "I've done everything I could and then some to find a way around this. It's simply not possible."

When Pence did not budge, Trump turned on him. "No, no, no," Trump shouted, according to the authors. "You don't understand, Mike. You can do this. I don't want to be your friend anymore if you don't do this."

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE
Peril also reveals that Trump is still angry with Republicans who blamed him for the insurrection, including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy. "This guy called me every single day, pretended to be my best friend, and then, he ****ed me. He's not a good guy," Trump said, according to the book.

While McCarthy has walked back his initial comments after the insurrection, Trump is quoted as dismissing McCarthy's attempts to get back into his good graces. "Kevin came down to kiss my ass and wants my help to win the House back," Trump said, according to the authors.

The book ends with Trump allies speculating about his plans for 2024. Privately, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham is quoted as saying, "If he wants to run, then he's going to have to deal with his personality problems. We've got a very damaged team captain."

Eon Blue
Friend owl likes me.

Robtard
^That is exactly the type of unhinged whinging a babyman like Trump would do and Trumpers voted for this clown not once, but twice and would vote for him a third time. Too funny.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
^That is exactly the type of unhinged whinging a babyman like Trump would do and Trumpers voted for this clown not once, but twice and would vote for him a third time. Too funny. There's also an implicit threat present.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/15/why-are-there-so-many-trump-staff-memoirs-the-authors-need-to-whitewash-their-reputations?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I think this is true of the memoirs too.

snowdragon
Another nothing burger for views

Robtard
Rightist are threatening to court martial General Milley, when the man just did his job. laughing out loud

Milley saw how unhinged Trump was throughout his four years and how utterly unhinged Trump became after he lost in Nov, all he did was take steps to make sure that the safeguards were in place in case Trump tried something unhinged as POTUS.

snowdragon
I'll file this under russia russia russia impeachment hearings next to hunter bidens multiple lost computers to foreign agents.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/15/why-are-there-so-many-trump-staff-memoirs-the-authors-need-to-whitewash-their-reputations?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I think this is true of the memoirs too.

"Many of those who worked in the Trump White House switched allegiance as soon as this was expedient. Do they really need to foist their memories on the public?" -snip

Of course they did, that was predicted back in early 2017. Really shows you the caliber of people Trump attracts.

emporerpants
If Trump launched nukes whoever got hit would fire them back. The world would be plunged into nuclear winter. If they survived the nukes, many rank and file Republicans would still certainly justify nuclear war. They really and truly are that far gone. Look no further than the people dying of Covid and denying its existence or the need for Vaccines for proof.

If even their own deaths won't convince them, what does it matter if it is by virus or nuke? They will still back the Republicans no matter what as long as they said it was all about their freedoms, owning the libs, keeping their guns, or "not taking any shit from nobody!!!!111"

The Republican base has become a cult. There really is no denying it to anyone being objective.

eThneoLgrRnae
Edit...... wrong thread, sorry.

snowdragon
Originally posted by emporerpants
If Trump launched nukes whoever got hit would fire them back. The world would be plunged into nuclear winter. If they survived the nukes, many rank and file Republicans would still certainly justify nuclear war. They really and truly are that far gone. Look no further than the people dying of Covid and denying its existence or the need for Vaccines for proof.

If even their own deaths won't convince them, what does it matter if it is by virus or nuke? They will still back the Republicans no matter what as long as they said it was all about their freedoms, owning the libs, keeping their guns, or "not taking any shit from nobody!!!!111"

The Republican base has become a cult. There really is no denying it to anyone being objective.

You get to own one of the dumbest posts ever, if IF nuclear war erupted there wouldn't be enough infrastructure or republicans to piss in a can and fill it up.

emporerpants
I agree with part of what you said! The point, is many Republican rank and file, if they lived, would still say it was worth it. If they are literally still denying covid and spouting republican bs on their deathbeds, why would this be any different? As I said in my original post, IF THEY SURVIVED. Did you miss that part? Of course infrastructure and what not would be messed up. Nuclear war would likely be an extinction level event for humanity. The point is some republicans would still think it was worth it if survived.

In your rush to defend republicans, did you just mis read? The whole point is that not even nuclear war will convince some Republicans, seeing as how some on their death bed STILL SPOUT LIES AND THEIR FAMILIES REMAIN UNCONVINCED IT WAS COVID OR VACCINES CAN HELP.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
There's also an implicit threat present.

A threat which Trump carried out when he turned his insurrection mob against Pence and had hundreds of them chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" in unison like the droning cult they are.

Adam_PoE
Rightist are threatening to court martial General Milley, when the man just did his job. laughing out loud

Milley saw how unhinged Trump was throughout his four years and how utterly unhinged Trump became after he lost in Nov, all he did was take steps to make sure that the safeguards were in place in case Trump tried something unhinged as POTUS.

Meanwhile, they do not call for a courtmarshall of Michael Flynn who is a convicted traitor of the United States, because he shills for Trump.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Meanwhile, they do not call for a courtmarshall of Michael Flynn who is a convicted traitor of the United States, because he shills for Trump.

Call them in then call in eveyone who burned down police stations or anything else. Woops probably dont want that because it's literally a bad word.

eThneoLgrRnae
If it is proven that Milley really did all that I've just heard on the news say he may've done then his ass should be removed from his post immediately and court-martialled. Period.

LOL@ commie pieces of shit here making excuses for his traitorous behavior just because they are extremely sick with TDS.

Treason is treason and what he did is clearly treasonous no matter how commies here try and spin it.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by snowdragon
Call them in then call in eveyone who burned down police stations or anything else. Woops probably dont want that because it's literally a bad word.

10,000 people were arrested during BLM protests, you racist, traitorous shill.

eThneoLgrRnae
⁴Col. Vindman, Key Trump Impeachment Witness, Says Gen. Milley Should Resign | Newsmax.com

https://www.newsmax.com/john-gizzi/vindman-milley-trump-china/2021/09/14/id/1036427/?dkt_nbr=6F121249tyr1

eThneoLgrRnae
Gotta love how rob spins this story into yet another orange man bad thread.

F*cking disgusting. Milley is the traitorous piece of shit here. This is about his actions not "oh da top general feared da orange man bad was gonna launch da nukes her derp!"

Even if that were true, you don't go and f*cking tip off our number one enemy for Christ sake and tell them "oh don't worry about Trump. If he plans to attack you I'll let you know and we won't follow his order!"

What a jackass... a traitorous jackass. Reminds me of Biden giving Putin a list of agencies that are "absolutely off limits for you to hack" lmao.

Then he goes and gives the Taliban tens-of -billions of dollars worth of American military equipment and weapons.

God**** why are democrats and woke generals so f*cking dumb? Why do they keep undermining their own damn country? Is it because they're still pissed that the American people selected Trump as their president over Hillary? That may be part of it but it couldn't be all of it because Obama wad also doing stupid shit like undermining our country as well..

Robtard

Old Man Whirly!

Robtard
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Gotta love how rob spins this story into yet another orange man bad thread.

F*cking disgusting. Milley is the traitorous piece of shit here. This is about his actions not "oh da top general feared da orange man bad was gonna launch da nukes her derp!"

Even if that were true, you don't go and f*cking tip off our number one enemy for Christ sake and tell them "oh don't worry about Trump. If he plans to attack you I'll let you know and we won't follow his order!"

What a jackass... a traitorous jackass. Reminds me of Biden giving Putin a list of agencies that are "absolutely off limits for you to hack" lmao.

Then he goes and gives the Taliban tens-of -billions of dollars worth of American military equipment and weapons.

God**** why are democrats and woke generals so f*cking dumb? Why do they keep undermining their own damn country? Is it because they're still pissed that the American people selected Trump as their president over Hillary? That may be part of it but it couldn't be all of it because Obama wad also doing stupid shit like undermining our country as well..

^ Unhinged rant + Trumpers turning on the military. It was predicted.

Adam_PoE
Then-House Speaker Paul Ryan started studying how to interact with people with narcissistic personality disorder after Donald Trump won the 2016 election, according to a new book by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

According to the book, Ryan was caught off guard when Trump won the election in an enormous upset over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Republicans controlled the House and Senate, and Ryan, realizing that he would have to work with Trump, started researching how to deal with someone who is "amoral and transactional," the book says.

Adam_PoE
Then-House Speaker Paul Ryan started studying how to interact with people with narcissistic personality disorder after Donald Trump won the 2016 election, according to a new book by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

According to the book, Ryan was caught off guard when Trump won the election in an enormous upset over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Republicans controlled the House and Senate, and Ryan, realizing that he would have to work with Trump, started researching how to deal with someone who is "amoral and transactional," the book says.

Paul Ryan butted heads with Trump after he publicly defended the neo-Nazis who sparked a deadly riot in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017. "We must be clear," Ryan tweeted after the riot. "White supremacy is repulsive. This bigotry is counter to all this country stands for. There can be no moral ambiguity." According to Peril, Trump called Ryan afterward and blew up at him over the statement, shouting, "You're not in the foxhole with me!"

"Are you finished," Ryan reportedly yelled back. "May I have some time to speak now? You're the president of the United States. You have a moral leadership obligation to get this right and not declare there is a moral equivalency here." But Trump refused to back down, saying, "These people love me. These are my people. I can't backstab the people who support me," according to the book.

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!
Paul Ryan butted heads with Trump after he publicly defended the neo-Nazis who sparked a deadly riot in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017. "We must be clear," Ryan tweeted after the riot. "White supremacy is repulsive. This bigotry is counter to all this country stands for. There can be no moral ambiguity." According to Peril, Trump called Ryan afterward and blew up at him over the statement, shouting, "You're not in the foxhole with me!"

"Are you finished," Ryan reportedly yelled back. "May I have some time to speak now? You're the president of the United States. You have a moral leadership obligation to get this right and not declare there is a moral equivalency here." But Trump refused to back down, saying, "These people love me. These are my people. I can't backstab the people who support me," according to the book. Yup, racist cvnts love him, we see it here all the time. He and Boris are proof you can fool some of the people (foolish people) all the time.

S_W_LeGenD
From neutral standpoint, this is treason.

Who expects to fight a war with generals like these? Sometimes a war might come to you unexpectedly. DPRK tested an ICBM not long ago.

Donald Trump threated to bomb DPRK for testing an ICBM on the other hand. He had more guts in this respect than any other POTUS in recent memory.

Trump did not start any war in his tenure though. Credit should be given where due. He is a loudmouth but he is not a warmonger. Hillary is opposite in this respect.

Trump might be bad but Joe Biden is worse. Biden ditched Afghanistan and pissed off France in short order. France have recalled its ambassador to USA just now.

Signs of decline?

Robtard

"Are you finished," Ryan reportedly yelled back. "May I have some time to speak now? You're the president of the United States. You have a moral leadership obligation to get this right and not declare there is a moral equivalency here." But Trump refused to back down, saying, "These people love me. These are my people. I can't backstab the people who support me," according to the book.

I have a little respect for Paul Ryan now. But he really should have done more to censor Trump's lunatic rants as House Speaker, Congress is there to keep the POTUS in check.

Robtard
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
From neutral standpoint, this is treason.

Who expects to fight a war with generals like these? Sometimes a war might come to you unexpectedly. DPRK tested an ICBM not long ago.

Donald Trump threated to bomb DPRK for testing an ICBM on the other hand. He had more guts in this respect than any other POTUS in recent memory.

Trump did not start any war in his tenure though. Credit should be given where due. He is a loudmouth but he is not a warmonger. Hillary is opposite in this respect.

Trump might be bad but Joe Biden is worse. Biden ditched Afghanistan and pissed off France in short order. France have recalled its ambassador to USA just now.

Signs of decline?

Um, it's not treason.

Um, Trump didn't start a war, but he upped the bomb dropping game in his four years: Trump pledged to stop 'endless wars' but his airstrikes in Afghanistan increased civilian deaths by 330% since 2016

Um, Clinton is a "warmonger", but Trump is "tough" for threatening to start wars? Wouldn't they both be loudmouth warmongers?

Um, Trump's the one who made a peace deal with the Taliban in Feb of 2020 and didn't include the Afghanistan government, the Taliban was always going to regain control

Um, France is fine, it's grandstanding. We're still allies.

You sound pretty biased and uninformed for a "neutral" person.

Blakemore
So we go and nuke at China and China say fire nukes and USA be like, **** we dumb. Then nuclear winter. Okay?

Robtard
Rightist need to understand that a real war with China is a lose-lose for all. I don't care how big their pro-war hardons are.

Blakemore

Robtard
And they're f**king mad for having war-boners over it happening, m8

Blakemore

S_W_LeGenD
Um, it's not treason.

Um, Trump didn't start a war, but he upped the bomb dropping game in his four years: Trump pledged to stop 'endless wars' but his airstrikes in Afghanistan increased civilian deaths by 330% since 2016

Um, Clinton is a "warmonger", but Trump is "tough" for threatening to start wars? Wouldn't they both be loudmouth warmongers?

Um, Trump's the one who made a peace deal with the Taliban in Feb of 2020 and didn't include the Afghanistan government, the Taliban was always going to regain control

Um, France is fine, it's grandstanding. We're still allies.

You sound pretty biased and uninformed for a "neutral" person.
1. POTUS = Commander in Chief. One fine day a general decides to alert another country to perceived motives of POTUS about it on his own = colluding with said country. This is what a SPY would do and is treason. Notice the word 'perceived' as well.

If you have to fight a war due to a political situation, your general should not tell your enemy what you are thinking. Element of surprise will be your advantage. Alerting your enemy might lead to defeat otherwise.

2. Do you realize that USA was at war with the opposing faction (Afghan Taliban) in Afghanistan at the time? The faction which was looking forward to topple your allies in Afghanistan? You would allow them to overrun your allies instead? Well, this is exactly what Joe Biden did in Afghanistan. No wonder your own allies in Europe are upset. This is like as if you have no sense of warfare and commitments. What if terrorism resurge in Afghanistan? Would a general call them as well?

3. Hillary Clinton was an Architect of war in Libya (a virtually harmless country).

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hillary-the-hawk-a-history-clinton-2016-military-intervention-libya-iraq-syria/

https://www.cato.org/commentary/obama-administration-wrecked-libya-generation

Trump threatened to bomb a country which is developing weapons to erase your cities, to stop said country in its tracks.

Understand the difference.

4. Really?

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/france-recalls-ambassadors-to-u-s-australia-11631908666

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-joe-biden-france-diplomacy-australia-f37d09fd0b90e41cf0366e833f325a3a

Who is responsible for this development?

Those who wish to see NATO fall apart, are laughing right now.

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion/commentary/2019/08/09/russias-hybrid-warfare-toolkit-has-more-to-offer-than-propaganda/

5. Sure, friend. You do not understand global politics, and you cannot even recognize treason. Good going at this rate. USA have a bright future ahead.

This is not about Democrats or Republicans - this is about understanding global politics and threats.

In regards to possibility of a nuclear war, never assume that it cannot happen. There can be unexpected triggers. It would be much better to have contingency planning and how to fight one. Blind adherence to MAD doctrine is stupid.

Regards.

eThneoLgrRnae
To anyone who is still making excuses for or downplaying the treasonous behavior of what this man did or even going so far as to disgustingly call him a "hero" needs their friggin' head examined.

There is no justifiable excuse for what he did. Period.

I know leftists love to try and spin villains into heroes and heroes into villains but it won't work here I can assure you. Traitors aren't heroes and to have such a traitor in such a high-ranking position in our government is scary and deeply concerning.

He needs to be removed and court-martialled ASAP.

Teddybear2
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
To anyone who is still making excuses for or downplaying the treasonous behavior of what this man did or even goi. statsgdj shut tuck up!

jaden_2.0
Remember that time the US pondered the idea of demonstrating the atom bomb to the Japanese leadership in WW2 instead of actually bombing them?

Traitors...

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
1. POTUS = Commander in Chief. One fine day a general decides to alert another country to perceived motives of POTUS about it on his own = colluding with said country. This is what a SPY would do and is treason. Notice the word 'perceived' as well.

If you have to fight a war due to a political situation, your general should not tell your enemy what you are thinking. Element of surprise will be your advantage. Alerting your enemy might lead to defeat otherwise.

2. Do you realize that USA was at war with the opposing faction (Afghan Taliban) in Afghanistan at the time? The faction which was looking forward to topple your allies in Afghanistan? You would allow them to overrun your allies instead? Well, this is exactly what Joe Biden did in Afghanistan. No wonder your own allies in Europe are upset. This is like as if you have no sense of warfare and commitments. What if terrorism resurge in Afghanistan? Would a general call them as well?

3. Hillary Clinton was an Architect of war in Libya (a virtually harmless country).

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hillary-the-hawk-a-history-clinton-2016-military-intervention-libya-iraq-syria/

https://www.cato.org/commentary/obama-administration-wrecked-libya-generation

Trump threatened to bomb a country which is developing weapons to erase your cities, to stop said country in its tracks.

Understand the difference.

4. Really?

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/france-recalls-ambassadors-to-u-s-australia-11631908666

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-joe-biden-france-diplomacy-australia-f37d09fd0b90e41cf0366e833f325a3a

Who is responsible for this development?

Those who wish to see NATO fall apart, are laughing right now.

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion/commentary/2019/08/09/russias-hybrid-warfare-toolkit-has-more-to-offer-than-propaganda/

5. Sure, friend. You do not understand global politics, and you cannot even recognize treason. Good going at this rate. USA have a bright future ahead.

This is not about Democrats or Republicans - this is about understanding global politics and threats.

In regards to possibility of a nuclear war, never assume that it cannot happen. There can be unexpected triggers. It would be much better to have contingency planning and how to fight one. Blind adherence to MAD doctrine is stupid.

Regards.

Cool story. Do you have any sources that are not Libertarian, Republican, or otherwise conservative?

Blakemore
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Remember that time the US pondered the idea of demonstrating the atom bomb to the Japanese leadership in WW2 instead of actually bombing them?

Traitors... I think they did and Japan were still going kamikaze and eating people.

jaden_2.0
People who equate going against interests of their president as the same thing as going against the interests of their country are basically begging to live under a dictatorship.

Adam_PoE
Senator Lindsey O. Graham agreed to hear Rudolph W. Giuliani out. In a January 2nd meeting arranged by Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, and held in his West Wing office, the South Carolina Republican met with Giuliani and his legal team to learn about findings they said could hand Trump a second term.

The book, Peril, describes parallel efforts by the South Carolina Republican and his conservative colleague from Utah, Senator Mike Lee, to personally investigate the president's claims of voter fraud as the lawmakers prepared to certify Joe Biden's victory on January 6th.

Graham and Lee, both of whom ultimately voted to certify the results, took the claims of election fraud seriously enough to get briefed on the details, involve their senior staff, and call state officials throughout the country. But privately, Graham gave the arguments a withering assessment, according to the book, saying they were suitable for "third grade."

Adam_PoE

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
People who equate going against interests of their president as the same thing as going against the interests of their country are basically begging to live under a dictatorship.
Yup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.