Re: Obi Wan Kenobi and Vader duel in the Kenobi show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
how did Obi Wan all of a sudden pick up his light saber skills in the last episode so quickly when he has been out if practice for so long ?

How did he defeat Vader so easily ?

Also does this change anything with regards to Obis wans power levels and his light saber skills level etc hence making him better then Darth Vader etc ?

Inedian
It is possible when retards are doing the show.

Psychotron
Originally posted by ozz81
how did Obi Wan all of a sudden pick up his light saber skills in the last episode so quickly when he has been out if practice for so long ?

How did he defeat Vader so easily ?

Also does this change anything with regards to Obis wans power levels and his light saber skills level etc hence making him better then Darth Vader etc ?

It doesn't make any sense considering he hadn't held a lightsaber for 10 years, while Vader was hunting and fighting Jedi.

Kenobi outright ragdolling Vader was unexpected. It definitely elevates his level.

Zenwolf
From what I'm hearing, Kenobi had this mental enlightened state or whatever with protecting Luke/Leia? Something to that effect.

So he was operating I guess similar with Kanan getting all those supposed moments in Rebels, which elevated him beyond his normal levels. But when those stopped, he wasn't doing anything near what those moments showed.

Old Man Whirly!
Brilliant show.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Zenwolf
From what I'm hearing, Kenobi had this mental enlightened state or whatever with protecting Luke/Leia? Something to that effect.

So he was operating I guess similar with Kanan getting all those supposed moments in Rebels, which elevated him beyond his normal levels. But when those stopped, he wasn't doing anything near what those moments showed.

He was just motivated, it's not like he received some kind of buff.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Psychotron
He was just motivated, it's not like he received some kind of buff.

Right, that could constitute as to why he was doing as well as he did, to push himself. That could grant him a buff.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Right, that could constitute as to why he was doing as well as he did, to push himself. That could grant him a buff.

Buffs are external. Kenobi was fighting at his best with no external help.

playa1258
Kenobi wasn't buffed he is just that powerful. It's about time people accept it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by playa1258
Kenobi wasn't buffed he is just that powerful. It's about time people accept it. correct

ozz81
https://youtu.be/8r1i4auQ3Do

actually this isnt a bad explanation as to why he lost and looked/appeared weak etc..

ozz81

ozz81
Also Sids comment to vader at the end pretty much explains it : he says that his feelings for Obi made him weaker hence losing ...and then vader states that he doesnt care about Obi anymore abandoning the search on him etc..

But all in all i dont think Obi is more powerful then vader(sabers and force): because then Sidious will be trying to hunt for him and Sids as we know doesnt really care or give a damn about Obi etc.. obviously hes more concerned and interested in Luke and others etc...

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx
Kenobi is still below prime Vader, but above his ROTS self. I think he could beat ROTS Dooku now.

Psychotron
Yeah bro. Obi-Wan is totally below a guy he literally bullied for half the fight. Come on.

Inedian
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Kenobi is still below prime Vader, but above his ROTS self. I think he could beat ROTS Dooku now.

Obi-Wan in any case shouldn't beat Vader, except with big external help or because of the will of the force. But this Obi-Wan didn't train at all, was in worst condition ever, while Vader was destroying everything in his path. Obi-Wan shouldn't stand a chance, but he ragdolled him. And the worst is this is canon, idiots making something because of rights and turn it into canon. Idiots decide what is canon, not in my book. This is just typicial modern age show and doing with Obi-Wan what they did with new worst movies.

Psychotron
Well, it's dumb but it happened. We just have to accept that Obi-Wan is apparently > Vader now. Of course, that makes you wonder why they needed Luke at all.

BTW, did anyone notice that Kenobi was physically pushing Vader back in saber locks? He staggered him a few times too. It's like this fight was written by someone, who had no idea who these characters were.

ares834
Well obviously not. Kenobi has never been about raw power but rather finesse and skill. Now he's putting Yoda to shame...

xPRIMEx
Yeah bro. Obi-Wan is totally below a guy he literally bullied for half the fight. Come on.
So we’re just going to ignore the context? Kenobi beat a pre prime conflicted Vader. Palpatine confirms that Vader’s feelings weakened him. And this was pre prime Vader. Prime, non conflicted ROTJ Vader is still far superior.

playa1258
I agree why was Luke needed if Kenobi is superior in force power and skill?

Sidious should recruit him.

xPRIMEx

Psychotron
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
So we’re just going to ignore the context? Kenobi beat a pre prime conflicted Vader. Palpatine confirms that Vader’s feelings weakened him. And this was pre prime Vader. Prime, non conflicted ROTJ Vader is still far superior.

There is no context. You're basing this on a line from Sidious, which is not supported by what's on the screen. Vader had some of his best Force feats in this very show.

xPRIMEx

Psychotron

Rockydonovang
There is no context. You're basing this on a line from Sidious, which is not supported by what's on the screen. Vader had some of his best Force feats in this very show.
eh?

in episode 5 vader is pretty clearly shown failing due to his history with kenobi. Not sure why that wouldn't be a factor in episode 6 and sidious pretty much confirms it. It doesn't need to be explicitly stated to be concluded based on the text.

Vader having good force feats is not mutually exclusive with him being hampered in some way

Darth Thor
Buffs are external. Kenobi was fighting at his best with no external help.

Originally posted by playa1258
Kenobi wasn't buffed he is just that powerful. It's about time people accept it.

Point is there was clearly a difference in performance before and after the Leia focus came into play.

And lets not fool ourselves, this is by far the most powerful Kenobi has ever been portrayed. And the only explanation for that we have is he thinks of Leia.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Point is there was clearly a difference in performance before and after the Leia focus came into play.

And lets not fool ourselves, this is by far the most powerful Kenobi has ever been portrayed. And the only explanation for that we have is he thinks of Leia.

That's called motivation. It's internal. When I saw that scene, I thought Qui-Gon would appear and help Obi-Wan, but nope. Kenobi did it alone.

Darth Thor
That's called motivation. It's internal. When I saw that scene, I thought Qui-Gon would appear and help Obi-Wan, but nope. Kenobi did it alone.

I was waiting for that as well. Would have made much more sense.

But even then, it would have been a pep talk, so it still would have essentially been Obi-Wan empowering himself.

Darth Thor
Honestly that issue was sorta there in the OT. Because we saw Ben was a near match for Vader in ANH, when his powers were apparently weakened due to old age.

Filoni had a theory which bears more weight now. That Ben wanted Luke to redeem Vader all along, despite what he tells him.

ozz81
I think if there was season 2 His(Obis) powers may even possibly grow more with Jins training and advice etc..

Psychotron
Honestly that issue was sorta there in the OT. Because we saw Ben was a near match for Vader in ANH, when his powers were apparently weakened due to old age.

That's because Lucas saw Vader as a broken shell of his former self.

Filoni had a theory which bears more weight now. That Ben wanted Luke to redeem Vader all along, despite what he tells him.

Obi-Wan practically threw his hands up when Luke said he couldn't kill his own father in ROTJ.

Darth Thor
Obi-Wan practically threw his hands up when Luke said he couldn't kill his own father in ROTJ.

But now we know he refused to kill Vader himself laughing out loud

Psychotron
But now we know he refused to kill Vader himself laughing out loud

Disney doesn't give a crap about canon, what else is new?

Galan007
It is pretty comical that Kenobi refused to kill Vader out of brotherly nostalgia, but then placed the sole burden to do so on Vader's own f*cking son... and then scoffed when Luke said he couldn't do it.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Galan007
It is pretty comical that Kenobi refused to kill Vader out of brotherly nostalgia, but then placed the sole burden to do so on Vader's own f*cking son... and then scoffed when Luke said he couldn't do it.

And it was right after the scene, where Vader confirmed that Anakin is gone and Vader is all that's left. Kenobi even agreed by calling him "Darth", so if Kenobi is convinced Anakin is truly gone, why would he let Vader live? It's just bad writing. It would have been cheesy and cliche, but something should have interrupted that scene and forced Kenobi to run, like maybe inquisitors and stormtroopers arriving to help Vader or something.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by ares834
Well obviously not. Kenobi has never been about raw power but rather finesse and skill. Now he's putting Yoda to shame...

Yeah, at this point, Kenobi show Vader and Obi-Wan are stronger than Yoda/Sids in terms of showings.

Yoda has to put actual effort into his TK (Dooku's rocks, the Senate pod, lifting the X-Wing) and Sids' TK is pretty modest in comparison (the Senate pods he throws are being manipulated via the anti-grav tech as you can hear them whirling). Really, even in the PT TK usage was very reasonable and not a game-breaker, and Obi-Wan stalemated against a pissed off Anakin who was (per GL's own words) in his prime.

Meanwhile, you have Vader doing feats that would require Magneto levels of power, and Obi-Wan throwing rocks by the dozen. You'd have to reach into old EU/Legends to find comparable TK feats, like in Dark Empire with Luke crushing an AT-AT with a gesture.

Originally posted by Galan007

Truth.

ozz81
Sorry this might be a stupid one but its sort of got me confused : i wasnt sure : in episode 6 when Obi slashes the left half of Vaders mask was Obis intent to cut his mask to reveal his identity or go for the kill or severly injure him etc?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yeah, at this point, Kenobi show Vader and Obi-Wan are stronger than Yoda/Sids in terms of showings.

Yoda has to put actual effort into his TK (Dooku's rocks, the Senate pod, lifting the X-Wing) and Sids' TK is pretty modest in comparison (the Senate pods he throws are being manipulated via the anti-grav tech as you can hear them whirling). Really, even in the PT TK usage was very reasonable and not a game-breaker, and Obi-Wan stalemated against a pissed off Anakin who was (per GL's own words) in his prime.

Meanwhile, you have Vader doing feats that would require Magneto levels of power, and Obi-Wan throwing rocks by the dozen. You'd have to reach into old EU/Legends to find comparable TK feats, like in Dark Empire with Luke crushing an AT-AT with a gesture.

Truth.
Canon does have yoda stopping a mountain tho

Rockydonovang
And it was right after the scene, where Vader confirmed that Anakin is gone and Vader is all that's left. Kenobi even agreed by calling him "Darth", so if Kenobi is convinced Anakin is truly gone, why would he let Vader live? It's just bad writing. It would have been cheesy and cliche, but something should have interrupted that scene and forced Kenobi to run, like maybe inquisitors and stormtroopers arriving to help Vader or something.
How about Sidious sensing vader is in danger and telling the gi to save him?

Psychotron
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
How about Sidious sensing vader is in danger and telling the gi to save him?

What, again? It would be too forced.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.