From

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tkitna
This show was recommended to me by my brother-in-law. Its interesting to say the least.

pDHqAj4eJcM

riv6672

tkitna
Finished the first season. I'm on board.

BruceSkywalker
who is in it

tkitna
Not a single person I know.

Harold Perrineau is the main character.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9813792/

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tkitna
Not a single person I know.

Harold Perrineau is the main character.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9813792/

im familiar with a few so i might give this a watch

jaden_2.0
This started in the UK this week. Watched the 1st two episodes and really liking it so far. Pretty damn gory which was unexpected.

jaden_2.0
Binge watched the rest of this yesterday and it really was right up my street. Weird mix of characters, creepy at times, brutally gory at times, mysterious elements. Ambiguous ending that sets up lots of questions for s2. Really enjoyed it. The 1st new TV show I've watched in about 5 years because I simply don't have the time to commit to shows I don't like.

riv6672

tkitna
Hmm. Never thought of The bartender but I think your right about somebody being a mole.

riv6672

tkitna
Yeah for sure

It is stupid that they are so passive with the creatures. Its like they have all given up and just allow the creatures to do what they want. Like you said, why havent they captured one or tried to kill one with something other than a pistol? Have they tried finding where they come from? Its a bit over the top/

I do like the supernatural aspect though with the trees, the radio in the diner, the never ending loop when trying to leave town, etc,,,.

jaden_2.0
I do hope they have a story arc already in mind and don't try to just wing it and extend it. Too many examples of that with this type of show that should've ended earlier but they kept churning it out because it was popular like Wayward Pines should never have had a 2nd season, Stranger Things deteriorated in s2 and s3 was total garbage. Although I'm told s4 has improved again. Lost clearly never had an ending in mind when it was commissioned and ended up descending into total drivel.

riv6672

Robtard
Watched the first two last night, was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't expecting the uneasy feeling or the hardcore gore.

The creatures, which I assume are vampires, the smiles are just perfect levels of creepy.

riv6672
Vampires seems too easy, though.

Robtard
Finished it on Sunday. Overall enjoyed it, did remind me of Lost at times, which I wasn't a fan of.

I agree with Jaden, I hope this has an already established story path and they're not just seemingly winging it like Lost with arcs that made no sense or went no where.

If the creatures are not vampires, maybe ghouls then.

tkitna
Creatures seem like supernatural, intelligent zombies. Hell I dont know. They devour their victims and move slow, but they do only come out at night. *shrugs*

jaden_2.0
It's either definitely supernatural less so because of the creatures and more because everyone entered the town from totally different locations. Or there's some crazy experiment going on and everything from the town to the electricity issue to the creatures are artificially created.

Jaden_3.0
And of you yanks been watching s2?

There's no release date for the UK yet...which is...annoying

QYwb-Vk4FlA

jaden_2.0
Finally getting shown over this side of the pond. All episodes downloaded and ready. Ep 1 was decent enough.

Robtard
I have it downloaded, haven't watched yet.

jaden_2.0
S2 was decent. Set up many more questions than it answered and had a couple of plot diversions that never really went anywhere but still has some great characters. Less gory but way more creepy and mysterious than s1. Glad it's been renewed for s3 but remains to be seen if it survives the inevitable mass cancellations that the strikes are going to bring about.

Robtard
Still on my to-watch list, glad to hear its more creepy/mysterious, I loved that aspect of S1.

Robtard
6 eps in s2 now, I'm getting a heavy Lost feeling with scenes seemingly having no real purpose to the story and that's not good, as I hated Lost in the end.

jaden_2.0
There'll be 2 plots ending quite soon. The "is the whole thing a conspiracy" and the weird mysterious force unleashed by the old guy chained to the wall at the beginning of the season. I think you'll like the end though.

Robtard
Cool, hope so.

Kinda bummed they killed off that one creature, he was the creepiest one with that perverts smile.

Robtard
Finished it. I thought the Evil Music Box angle was retarded. I am definitely getting a heavy Lost feeling from this now, which sucks as S1 was very good.

Probably won't watch S3 unless I hear it's good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.