KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » From

From
Started by: tkitna

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

From

This show was recommended to me by my brother-in-law. Its interesting to say the least.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 12:54 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It’s def. interesting, yeah.
Not sure how far you’ve gotten but there are some really good scenes and reveals throughout.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2022 10:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Finished the first season. I'm on board.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 15th, 2022 03:25 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

who is in it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 15th, 2022 08:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Not a single person I know.

Harold Perrineau is the main character.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9813792/

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 15th, 2022 09:43 PM
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna

^^^I remember him from LOST, have seen him on CLAWS, and really liked him on THE ROOKIE.

He’s putting in a strong performance on this show.
The reveal that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he had to kill his wife after she lost her shit well done.

Speaking of, that one guy [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Victor who’s been there since he was like 10 has gotta get respect.
When they showed what things were like after dark and before the talismans w. the huddling like animals and constant howling…that’d drive a lot of grown ass men insane much less growing up like that!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2022 10:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Not a single person I know.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9813792/

im familiar with a few so i might give this a watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 16th, 2022 03:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

This started in the UK this week. Watched the 1st two episodes and really liking it so far. Pretty damn gory which was unexpected.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2022 12:14 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Binge watched the rest of this yesterday and it really was right up my street. Weird mix of characters, creepy at times, brutally gory at times, mysterious elements. Ambiguous ending that sets up lots of questions for s2. Really enjoyed it. The 1st new TV show I've watched in about 5 years because I simply don't have the time to commit to shows I don't like.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2022 03:09 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Binge watched the rest of this yesterday and it really was right up my street. Weird mix of characters, creepy at times, brutally gory at times, mysterious elements. Ambiguous ending that sets up lots of questions for s2. Really enjoyed it. The 1st new TV show I've watched in about 5 years because I simply don't have the time to commit to shows I don't like.

^^^Its cool you liked it. thumb up

I’ve read a few things online about the show.
One theory that makes sense once you think about it is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: theres likely a mole among the townsfolk. It goes a long way to explaining how the “bad guys” knew about the one chick digging in her basement, the antennae, and a couple other things I can’t recall right now.
Someone suggested the bartender as the culprit. He’s maintained a presence but not a huge one, said a few dodgy things here and there.
He also let the one guy in ep1 drink himself into a stupor and didn’t cut him off, leaving the family unprotected…

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2022 10:57 PM
tkitna

Hmm. Never thought of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The bartender but I think your right about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: somebody being a mole.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 01:12 PM
riv6672

Hmm. Never thought of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The bartender but I think your right about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: somebody being a mole.

^^^I can’t take credit for the theory but I’ll take it! stick out tongue

One thing that’s bugged me since the season ended though, is why Harold Perrineau’s character hasn’t been more proactive/aggressive. The guy’s ex-Military and a war vet yet he’s just in a holding pattern as the show starts.
I’d def. be looking into building [SPOILER - highlight to read]: traps (punji pits, maybe a slightly ajar window leading into a reinforced room) and catching one or two of these creatures to see what makes them tick.
Dissection would be on the table, and I’d like to expose one to sunlight to see if them being nocturnal is just to be scarier, back to dissection maybe sew a talisman into one to see if whatever power they have to keep the creatures away can be weaponized.

And don’t even get me started on [SPOILER - highlight to read]: shooting them. We’ve seen bullets hit them, to no effect but any Military guy’s going to realize they aren’t using a large enough caliber. Are there no rifles in town?

How about homemade explosives? Hit them ****ers up w. a few pipe bombs, which aren’t that hard to make.

And hey start off w. a Molotov Cocktail, see if fire is deadly to them.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2022 01:09 AM
tkitna

Yeah for sure

It is stupid that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they are so passive with the creatures. Its like they have all given up and just allow the creatures to do what they want. Like you said, why havent they captured one or tried to kill one with something other than a pistol? Have they tried finding where they come from? Its a bit over the top/

I do like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the supernatural aspect though with the trees, the radio in the diner, the never ending loop when trying to leave town, etc,,,.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 4th, 2022 01:23 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I do hope they have a story arc already in mind and don't try to just wing it and extend it. Too many examples of that with this type of show that should've ended earlier but they kept churning it out because it was popular like Wayward Pines should never have had a 2nd season, Stranger Things deteriorated in s2 and s3 was total garbage. Although I'm told s4 has improved again. Lost clearly never had an ending in mind when it was commissioned and ended up descending into total drivel.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2022 02:27 PM
riv6672

Yeah for sure

It is stupid that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they are so passive with the creatures. Its like they have all given up and just allow the creatures to do what they want. Like you said, why havent they captured one or tried to kill one with something other than a pistol? Have they tried finding where they come from? Its a bit over the top/

I do like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the supernatural aspect though with the trees, the radio in the diner, the never ending loop when trying to leave town, etc,,,.

^^^Yes! I thought it was just me that was seeing that stuff!

I like the stuff in your second point, too. As a comics nerd I’m trying to put it in certain terms that make sense to me, and I hope it gets explained soon.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2022 07:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched the first two last night, was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't expecting the uneasy feeling or the hardcore gore.

The creatures, which I assume are vampires, the smiles are just perfect levels of creepy.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 11th, 2022 04:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Vampires seems too easy, though.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2022 11:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Finished it on Sunday. Overall enjoyed it, did remind me of Lost at times, which I wasn't a fan of.

I agree with Jaden, I hope this has an already established story path and they're not just seemingly winging it like Lost with arcs that made no sense or went no where.

If the creatures are not vampires, maybe ghouls then.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 15th, 2022 04:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Creatures seem like supernatural, intelligent zombies. Hell I dont know. They devour their victims and move slow, but they do only come out at night. *shrugs*

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 15th, 2022 05:26 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's either definitely supernatural less so because of the creatures and more because everyone entered the town from totally different locations. Or there's some crazy experiment going on and everything from the town to the electricity issue to the creatures are artificially created.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2022 08:55 PM