You benefit most from which of these powers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic

carver9
Graviton

Smurph
In which world?

Magic vulnerability seems pretty ok if this is an IRL scenario.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Smurph
In which world?

You really think Sin doesn't have smurph-shaped voodoo dolls?

carver9
Invulnerability would be terrible based off the way he listed it. Your not invulnerable from diseases and cancers, so how could you get treated for anything that requires surgery

Smurph
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You really think Sin doesn't have smurph-shaped voodoo dolls? happy i hope so

beatboks
If this is in the real world than I'd say Jay's speed.

Having Jay's speed and reaction (plus vibration phasing, time travel) could protect me from everything that invulnerability would. Plus fast healing.

What exactly would I accomplish with moon level strengrh and how would I benefit? Conversely with Jay's speed I could make more by hand in an hour than a production line in several. Easy money maker.

Of all of them speed seems the easiest to adapt to. We adapt to driving a car at high speed from low due to relativity. With the others its probably going to be quite a while before your effective with them

Smurph
I think I'd go Spider-Man with Xavier TP.

The combination of pre-cog with global mind reading and mind control seems pretty unlimited. Like, you could know what anybody threatening you was about to think...

Obviously could also drive you insane but... worth it?

DarkSaint85
In which world?

This. Also, having power leeching would be pretty useless if you're the only powered individual around. Yes yes I know I could leech from power lines etc, but half the fun is having someone else there.

Stoic
In which world?

Comic book magic. If you were a normal comic book human, which would you choose?

Stoic

beatboks
Originally posted by Stoic
Comic book magic. If you were a normal comic book human, which would you choose?

I'd still take Jay's speed. Just because I'm a comicbook human doesn't mean I have to be a hero or a villain. Becoming a hero makes you a target for villains becoming a villain makes you a target for everyone.

Let's say I'm in the comic world and I have Jay's speed and I'm a qualified cabinet maker/carpenter, I have a warehouse and behind closed doors I make enough hand crafted furniture in an hour or two to generate the income someone in my trade would make in a year. I don't need to hire others I can produce at a massive rate. I'd only need to work a few hours every month or so to make a comfortable life. I could travel anywhere on the globe without the cost of airline tickets so see the world for a song.

It wouldn't matter what profession you chose I could do mass work in little time. I could read every book on any subject repeated times in a few days to master any doctorate.

Literally anything I wanted to do with my life would be easy. Even if I had a poor memory and say studied to be a brain surgeon I could reread every text a dozen times minutes before exams and then reread the wxact procedure just before or even during a surgery. A parts hard to get to because vital organs are in the way and its dangerous oh hell I'll just vibrate past them.

If I worked as a stock broker and want some inside knowledge on a company I blitz thru their board meeting and vibrate to be invisible so I have insider knowledge that can't be proven and make perfect trades.

As a farmer I can both plot and harvest massive fields without hiring labor in minutes, if I need rain a little his speed circular path creates a high pressure system to put rain over my property. If it's flooding threatening my crop some fast arm movements create mini hurricanes to blow weather systems away.

Being able to move fast enough that you can't be seen by people with heightened senses would mean I could do these things and not be discovered.

Living high with super speed would be easy

Me second choice would be Xavier TP (it would be first if there was a guarantee I couldn't go insane or could master it easily and quickly)
It would also be VERY easy life with TP ONCE you master it. Being able to influence people would be real power.

beatboks
Ohh better yet. I watch a lotto draw on TV, gobiut for a run breach the time barrier and go back to yesterday and fill in and purchase a ticket with the winning numbers. Instant millionaire. I'm at a high roller poker table and run around and see all my opponents cards without ever appearing to leave my seat.if I had Jay's speed steal and lend I spend a day at the track and lend speed to every 100 to 1 odds horse that day after I'd bet on them.

Stoic

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Invulnerability would be terrible based off the way he listed it. Your not invulnerable from diseases and cancers, so how could you get treated for anything that requires surgery

You are invulnerable to disease as well. You can also dial down you invulnerability. You have full control of the power. However, you don’t get the super strength of a class 100, you would basically be Diamond Lil.

Enzeru
Whatever is the most complete gig seems like the safest bet: Graviton 100%, Magneto 100% or Jay Garrick 100%. They have the offense, the defense and the versatility.

Other than that probably Xaviers telepathy 50% and Sue Storms Force Fields 50%. That way I could control people to do my bidding and protect me, when I sleep and can't protect myself with force fields.

Everything else seems way less useful in comparison.

Bentley
I'd control vegetation and counter-act global warming

DarkSaint85
I'd control vegetation and counteract Carver.

Old Man Whirly!
Graviton and diamond lil for me. No lobotomisation and free to rule the world.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9

Carv, no offense bro, but...

... can you read?

" can harden your skin to the level of Adamantium "

Means you can control your density.

DarkSaint85
Carver can't control his density. Have pity on him.

lawest9
For health reasons no. 2

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver can't control his density. Have pity on him. Carver's resting state is already as dense as possible.

DarkSaint85
Fun fact: the 'C' didn't originally stand for Character.

Stoic

Stoic
I hate auto fill. I meant to say that the Graviton powers are 100 percent of what you can afford.

Achillesaiyajin
Supp et speed

lawest9
Originally posted by Stoic
I hate auto fill. I meant to say that the Graviton powers are 100 percent of what you can afford. Have the same problem with that and spell check.

beatboks
See I thought we were talking about Sort of instantly getting these abilities and powers not growing up with them the way the Xavier also brainwave Snr did. because they grew up with them they learnt to control them as they grew. When you look at characters that instantly got them or instantly got a massive kick in powers you look at someone like Brainwave Jr's. When Snr passed his power level onto his son he became too powerful and coulnt keep out the thoughts of the masses. He heard the thoughts of multitudes and it drove him mad.

I see the same problem with super strength how do you know not to pull someone's arm out of the socket when you get a shake their hand or just crush everything Ah la citizen steel. In his case he couldn't feel so had to be restrained but how do you adapt to such an instant jump in strength without being a danger to those you love? Added to which isolation to protect others makes for a pretty sad lonely life.

Strength isn't something I'd find very useful. It's also very hard to hide if your actually going to benefit from it.

Invulnerability is only useful if you plan to get into dangerous situations often. Same with shields of Sue.

Heat visions all well n good but only really useful if you plan to be a combatant.

I dont see how gravity control gets you much except for again confrontational.

Magnetism you could use your powers and a lot of copper coils to create and.sell electricity but you want to relax sometime and most people want power 24/7

Vegetation control could make you a VERY good amd profitable farmer. Your crops could produce more than anyone else's.

Speed, TP and vegetation control are thenonly decent options for someone not wanting to get into the hero or villain business and just mind their own and O just see TP with too bog a downside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.