KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » You benefit most from which of these powers?

You benefit most from which of these powers?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

You benefit most from which of these powers?

% Percentage breakdown. For example, 50% of 100% is the sum total that you can afford in order to determine which powers would benefit you the most.

1. Super speed with protective aura. You’re as fast as Jay. 100% value. Can not add additional power.

2. Power leeching granting increased strength and healing. Not to be confused with Rogue. Think more on the level of Parasite, without the negative conditions. Cost: 50%. Can add additional power of equal value, or lower.

3. Spider sense with muscular agility to match, and for a bargain, you can zap people with electrodes. You can equip a symbiotic weird colored organism as well. Yeah, you’re Spider-Man. 50% ^as seen above.

4. Force fields like Susan Richard’s, but no nose bleeds. 50%

5. Telepathy On par with Xavier. 50%

6. X-ray vision with Superman’s limits. 25%

7. Super strength limited to moon shattering levels, with added muscles and bumpers for resistances. 100% ^as seen above.

8. Invulnerability with fluid movement, allowing you immunities to gas, frost, lasers, impacts, you no longer require, oxygen, nourishment etc, and can harden you’re skin to the level of Adamantium. Magic still hurts though. 50%

9. Gravity manipulation. Just like Graviton. You have all of his power. 100%

10. Control of vegetation on the level of Ivy. 25%

11. Magnetism on par with Magneto. 100%

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 12:17 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Graviton

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 12:33 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

In which world?

Magic vulnerability seems pretty ok if this is an IRL scenario.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 12:40 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smurph
In which world?

You really think Sin doesn't have smurph-shaped voodoo dolls?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 12:47 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Invulnerability would be terrible based off the way he listed it. Your not invulnerable from diseases and cancers, so how could you get treated for anything that requires surgery

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 12:50 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You really think Sin doesn't have smurph-shaped voodoo dolls?
happy i hope so

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 01:27 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

If this is in the real world than I'd say Jay's speed.

Having Jay's speed and reaction (plus vibration phasing, time travel) could protect me from everything that invulnerability would. Plus fast healing.

What exactly would I accomplish with moon level strengrh and how would I benefit? Conversely with Jay's speed I could make more by hand in an hour than a production line in several. Easy money maker.

Of all of them speed seems the easiest to adapt to. We adapt to driving a car at high speed from low due to relativity. With the others its probably going to be quite a while before your effective with them

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 03:20 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I think I'd go Spider-Man with Xavier TP.

The combination of pre-cog with global mind reading and mind control seems pretty unlimited. Like, you could know what anybody threatening you was about to think...

Obviously could also drive you insane but... worth it?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 04:28 AM
DarkSaint85

In which world?

This. Also, having power leeching would be pretty useless if you're the only powered individual around. Yes yes I know I could leech from power lines etc, but half the fun is having someone else there.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 05:46 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

In which world?

Comic book magic. If you were a normal comic book human, which would you choose?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 06:51 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I’d take 2 and 8.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 07:01 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Stoic
Comic book magic. If you were a normal comic book human, which would you choose?

I'd still take Jay's speed. Just because I'm a comicbook human doesn't mean I have to be a hero or a villain. Becoming a hero makes you a target for villains becoming a villain makes you a target for everyone.

Let's say I'm in the comic world and I have Jay's speed and I'm a qualified cabinet maker/carpenter, I have a warehouse and behind closed doors I make enough hand crafted furniture in an hour or two to generate the income someone in my trade would make in a year. I don't need to hire others I can produce at a massive rate. I'd only need to work a few hours every month or so to make a comfortable life. I could travel anywhere on the globe without the cost of airline tickets so see the world for a song.

It wouldn't matter what profession you chose I could do mass work in little time. I could read every book on any subject repeated times in a few days to master any doctorate.

Literally anything I wanted to do with my life would be easy. Even if I had a poor memory and say studied to be a brain surgeon I could reread every text a dozen times minutes before exams and then reread the wxact procedure just before or even during a surgery. A parts hard to get to because vital organs are in the way and its dangerous oh hell I'll just vibrate past them.

If I worked as a stock broker and want some inside knowledge on a company I blitz thru their board meeting and vibrate to be invisible so I have insider knowledge that can't be proven and make perfect trades.

As a farmer I can both plot and harvest massive fields without hiring labor in minutes, if I need rain a little his speed circular path creates a high pressure system to put rain over my property. If it's flooding threatening my crop some fast arm movements create mini hurricanes to blow weather systems away.

Being able to move fast enough that you can't be seen by people with heightened senses would mean I could do these things and not be discovered.

Living high with super speed would be easy

Me second choice would be Xavier TP (it would be first if there was a guarantee I couldn't go insane or could master it easily and quickly)
It would also be VERY easy life with TP ONCE you master it. Being able to influence people would be real power.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 01:53 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Ohh better yet. I watch a lotto draw on TV, gobiut for a run breach the time barrier and go back to yesterday and fill in and purchase a ticket with the winning numbers. Instant millionaire. I'm at a high roller poker table and run around and see all my opponents cards without ever appearing to leave my seat.if I had Jay's speed steal and lend I spend a day at the track and lend speed to every 100 to 1 odds horse that day after I'd bet on them.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2022 02:04 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by beatboks
I'd still take Jay's speed. Just because I'm a comicbook human doesn't mean I have to be a hero or a villain. Becoming a hero makes you a target for villains becoming a villain makes you a target for everyone.

Let's say I'm in the comic world and I have Jay's speed and I'm a qualified cabinet maker/carpenter, I have a warehouse and behind closed doors I make enough hand crafted furniture in an hour or two to generate the income someone in my trade would make in a year. I don't need to hire others I can produce at a massive rate. I'd only need to work a few hours every month or so to make a comfortable life. I could travel anywhere on the globe without the cost of airline tickets so see the world for a song.

It wouldn't matter what profession you chose I could do mass work in little time. I could read every book on any subject repeated times in a few days to master any doctorate.

Literally anything I wanted to do with my life would be easy. Even if I had a poor memory and say studied to be a brain surgeon I could reread every text a dozen times minutes before exams and then reread the wxact procedure just before or even during a surgery. A parts hard to get to because vital organs are in the way and its dangerous oh hell I'll just vibrate past them.

If I worked as a stock broker and want some inside knowledge on a company I blitz thru their board meeting and vibrate to be invisible so I have insider knowledge that can't be proven and make perfect trades.

As a farmer I can both plot and harvest massive fields without hiring labor in minutes, if I need rain a little his speed circular path creates a high pressure system to put rain over my property. If it's flooding threatening my crop some fast arm movements create mini hurricanes to blow weather systems away.

Being able to move fast enough that you can't be seen by people with heightened senses would mean I could do these things and not be discovered.

Living high with super speed would be easy

Me second choice would be Xavier TP (it would be first if there was a guarantee I couldn't go insane or could master it easily and quickly)
It would also be VERY easy life with TP ONCE you master it. Being able to influence people would be real power.

You could also just dig up gold from a mine, or diamonds. I don’t actually see it as being difficult to because filthy rich with any of the powers to choose from on that list.

If you chose TP, you would still have 50pt, or 50% more powers to choose from. Vegetation control, and X-ray vision.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2022 12:07 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by carver9
Invulnerability would be terrible based off the way he listed it. Your not invulnerable from diseases and cancers, so how could you get treated for anything that requires surgery

You are invulnerable to disease as well. You can also dial down you invulnerability. You have full control of the power. However, you don’t get the super strength of a class 100, you would basically be Diamond Lil.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2022 12:09 AM
Enzeru

Whatever is the most complete gig seems like the safest bet: Graviton 100%, Magneto 100% or Jay Garrick 100%. They have the offense, the defense and the versatility.

Other than that probably Xaviers telepathy 50% and Sue Storms Force Fields 50%. That way I could control people to do my bidding and protect me, when I sleep and can't protect myself with force fields.

Everything else seems way less useful in comparison.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2022 06:25 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'd control vegetation and counter-act global warming

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 5th, 2022 06:58 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'd control vegetation and counteract Carver.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2022 07:00 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Graviton and diamond lil for me. No lobotomisation and free to rule the world.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2022 08:52 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by carver9

Carv, no offense bro, but...

... can you read?

" can harden your skin to the level of Adamantium "

Means you can control your density.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2022 10:46 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote