Osiris Mark VI No16

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UPEVIL
In "The last flight of the Osiris" after Thadeus and Jue finished the fight simulation because of the sentinels alert, a very fast scene shows the Osiris Plate:
Mark VI No 16
Osiris
Made in USA 2079

"But when Herod heard thereof, he said, It is John, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead." Mark 6:16

Crash_Overload
Hum. Interesting. But they ARE dead. (poor poor Jue)

GABRIEL05
OSIRIS (ASAR): Passing now to the consideration of the original charcterteristics and attributes of Osiris we find that the oldest religious texts known to us refer to him as the great god of the dead, and throughout them it is tacitly assumed that the reader will understand that he once possessed human form and lived upon earth, and that by means of some unusual power or powers he was able to bestow upon himself after the death a new life which he lived in a region over which he ruled as king, and into which he was believed to be willing to admit all such as had lived a good and correct life upon earth, and had been buried with the appropriate ceremonies under the protection of certain amulets, and with proper recital of certain "divine words" and words of power. The worship of Osiris is, however, very much older than these views, which is clear, could only belong to a people who had advanced to a comparatively high state of civilization and mental development.

Also the beginning of MARK 6 is all about Jesus returning to galilee and Herod (the corrupt king) killing John __________________________________________________

The Omega
Since the ship bears an Egyptian name, perhaps you ought to search old Egyptian texts instead of much later Christian texts?

Metroplex
Does any of Herod killings have anything to do with the Osiris ship????

Sifer
I found what seems to be a good description of Osiris:

http://www.touregypt.net/osiris.htm

GABRIEL05
stick out tongue mine came off the same page

Ikobe
Out of curiosity, what's the name of the ship in EtM (as I don't have the game... yet...), and does that bear any significance?

~Ik

rebell
The ship from enter is called the Logos.

n3m0
The word Logos is Greek and it meens The Word (as in the Word of God)

The Omega
Logos means logic, kinda. Really, it means a lot more than logic, but logic is a good place to start with a definition. The word logos is related to the word logic, but it's also related to the word part -ology in biology, psychology, and criminology--all meaning the creation of, the housing of, and the organization of a specific body of knowledge / subject matter.
Nothing else.
That some people believe it is the word of God, is due to early christian texts being written in Greek.

Or, you may see it as plural of logo.

Ikobe
Hehe ^_^

Are they the only ships you find the names of? I can't remember if it shows them on the Zion Shipbase screens (similar to the ones in Minority Report, aren't they, kinda?)

~Iko

The Omega

nickjs21
actually, the name of thor's hammer (mjolnir, is it?) is referenced in ETM. i can't remember where . . .

Sifer
Mjolnir is also the name of the Covenant Elite in Halo smile (the ******s with the plasma swords)

Celsius
what we should do is look at evry relevant number in the movie and game ie. smiths car licence plate No. and we should look up verses in the bible under that number, it may explain some things.

Sifer
Remember though Celsius, the Wachowski's haven't hidden everything in the Bible. Many of the things can be found in other religious texts, historical fact or myth. Try dates, times etc. They are unbelievably sly big grin

bigbadbike2
Acually celcius is referring to a bible verse. It says something like I have created the smith to mold weapons for himaself in battle (major paraphrasing). Sorry but that is the most I can remember and i do not have a bible with me.

nickjs21
all i can remember about the bible verse referenced in smith's license plate is, as bigbadbike said, it has the word "smith" in it.

Ikobe
Wow... I'm so finding something evil in the Bible. So when I finally get my VW camper van when I can legally drive (3 years minimum...), I'll fix the numberplate... *evilcacklegrin* I can't remember if it's been pointed out... but the last few numbers you see on the dialup screen when Trinity and Cypher are talking...?

~Ikobe

Ikobe
Hm... found out something possibly relevant. Was watching The Matrix again taking notes.

The Matrix - Oracle's House - hall clock - visible time 6:43
New Testament: Book 6 (Romans), 43rd line (if you carry on counting into Verse 2 from Verse 1):

All who sin apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

Relevant?

~Ikobe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.