KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Osiris Mark VI No16

Osiris Mark VI No16
Started by: UPEVIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UPEVIL

Osiris Mark VI No16

In "The last flight of the Osiris" after Thadeus and Jue finished the fight simulation because of the sentinels alert, a very fast scene shows the Osiris Plate:
Mark VI No 16
Osiris
Made in USA 2079

"But when Herod heard thereof, he said, It is John, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead." Mark 6:16

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 04:59 AM
UPEVIL is currently offline Click here to Send UPEVIL a Private Message Find more posts by UPEVIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Hum. Interesting. But they ARE dead. (poor poor Jue)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 03:46 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

OSIRIS (ASAR): Passing now to the consideration of the original charcterteristics and attributes of Osiris we find that the oldest religious texts known to us refer to him as the great god of the dead, and throughout them it is tacitly assumed that the reader will understand that he once possessed human form and lived upon earth, and that by means of some unusual power or powers he was able to bestow upon himself after the death a new life which he lived in a region over which he ruled as king, and into which he was believed to be willing to admit all such as had lived a good and correct life upon earth, and had been buried with the appropriate ceremonies under the protection of certain amulets, and with proper recital of certain "divine words" and words of power. The worship of Osiris is, however, very much older than these views, which is clear, could only belong to a people who had advanced to a comparatively high state of civilization and mental development.

Also the beginning of MARK 6 is all about Jesus returning to galilee and Herod (the corrupt king) killing John __________________________________________________

Last edited by GABRIEL05 on Jul 7th, 2003 at 07:10 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 06:52 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Since the ship bears an Egyptian name, perhaps you ought to search old Egyptian texts instead of much later Christian texts?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 11:02 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Does any of Herod killings have anything to do with the Osiris ship????

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 01:19 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I found what seems to be a good description of Osiris:

http://www.touregypt.net/osiris.htm

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 01:54 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
I found what seems to be a good description of Osiris:

http://www.touregypt.net/osiris.htm

stick out tongue mine came off the same page

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 04:51 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Out of curiosity, what's the name of the ship in EtM (as I don't have the game... yet...), and does that bear any significance?

~Ik

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 05:17 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rebell

The ship from enter is called the Logos.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 06:20 PM
rebell is currently offline Click here to Send rebell a Private Message Find more posts by rebell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
n3m0
Inquirer

The word Logos is Greek and it meens The Word (as in the Word of God)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 04:23 PM
n3m0 is currently offline Click here to Send n3m0 a Private Message Find more posts by n3m0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Logos means logic, kinda. Really, it means a lot more than logic, but logic is a good place to start with a definition. The word logos is related to the word logic, but it's also related to the word part -ology in biology, psychology, and criminology--all meaning the creation of, the housing of, and the organization of a specific body of knowledge / subject matter.
Nothing else.
That some people believe it is the word of God, is due to early christian texts being written in Greek.

Or, you may see it as plural of logo.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 12:00 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Or, you may see it as plural of logo.

Hehe ^_^

Are they the only ships you find the names of? I can't remember if it shows them on the Zion Shipbase screens (similar to the ones in Minority Report, aren't they, kinda?)

~Iko

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 10:04 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

There’s the Nebuchadnezzar or Nebuchadrezzar (from the Babylonian Nabukudurriusur, meaning "May (the god) Nabu protect the son," or "May Nabu protect the boundary." In Greek sources, the same interchange between n and r is found in the forms Nabouchodonosor and Nabokodrosoros; Aramaic, Nebukadnessar.)
The Hammer (probably from the old Scandinavian thunder-god Thor and his hammer.)
The Logos. The Osiris. Two ships are mentioned by the One-worshippers in Reloaded, but I can’t remember the names.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 11:33 PM
nickjs21

actually, the name of thor's hammer (mjolnir, is it?) is referenced in ETM. i can't remember where . . .

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 05:57 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Mjolnir is also the name of the Covenant Elite in Halo smile (the ******s with the plasma swords)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 12:07 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

what we should do is look at evry relevant number in the movie and game ie. smiths car licence plate No. and we should look up verses in the bible under that number, it may explain some things.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 12:19 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Remember though Celsius, the Wachowski's haven't hidden everything in the Bible. Many of the things can be found in other religious texts, historical fact or myth. Try dates, times etc. They are unbelievably sly big grin

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 12:37 PM
bigbadbike2
Hitman

Acually celcius is referring to a bible verse. It says something like I have created the smith to mold weapons for himaself in battle (major paraphrasing). Sorry but that is the most I can remember and i do not have a bible with me.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 09:46 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

all i can remember about the bible verse referenced in smith's license plate is, as bigbadbike said, it has the word "smith" in it.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 05:54 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Wow... I'm so finding something evil in the Bible. So when I finally get my VW camper van when I can legally drive (3 years minimum...), I'll fix the numberplate... *evilcacklegrin* I can't remember if it's been pointed out... but the last few numbers you see on the dialup screen when Trinity and Cypher are talking...?

~Ikobe

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 10:34 AM